The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Tha Pkmn Prodigy
Gym Leader

sure you can join! just stay active and give us updates when you catch something! good luck on your hunt!
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:53 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Tha Pkmn Prodigy: Only (co)owners can admit new members. Brit Lucifer, you may join.

~3669 Treeckos.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old June 25th, 2006, 03:02 PM
shido
Blood Sucker

lol thats funny XD um about 300 hatched so far nada shiny in sight

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
Old June 25th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Brit Lucifer
Phantasmagorical!

Thank you
quick question: for getting shiney starters can i SR next to birch's bag and just enter the battle with poochyena, or would i have to keep starting a new game?
Old June 25th, 2006, 03:43 PM
shido
Blood Sucker

save infront of the bag and go into battle over and over and over again untill its shiny lots and lots of hours of sring

SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
Spoiler:
Old June 25th, 2006, 05:18 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Yep. My main problem is that I quit too easily and try to do something else in the game to speed up the process. But it doesn't do a thing. I just switch out my breeder Pokemon... I've went through like 100 eggs of Skarmory, Cacnea, Vulpix, Ponyta, Venonat, Swablu, and so many more. It's insane. All my luck is in poker.

I got Pokemon Emerald today, but my main focus is on FR: Battling Wild Pokemon to bring up Shiny Ninetails' level. That way, well, I'm shiny hunting at the same time!
I don't know what to put in my FR Daycare though. I don't really need the Ponyta and female Ninetails anymore, since I have what I wanted (except the hatchlings know Hypnosis. I have TONS of them....).
What I was going to do (I remember now) was bring up my traded Colosseum Gligar to Level 52, that way I can decline to the learning of Guillotine (or however you spell it), and then put it in the daycare with one of my Dittos, and see if I can obtain a blue Gligar.
Why?
I never see ANYONE with a Gligar. It's like, one of THE most overlooked Pokemon. Well, that's just what I think, but... The blue coloring would be nice to have. Just another way of thinking it. I've never really trained a Gligar, but I like them alot. When I was trying the Colosseum one out (brung it's level up to 45 I think), I enjoyed using it with it's high defense and attack, along with Sand Attack, the occasional Poison Sting to poison the opponent, and... I don't use Faint Attack because of it's super low Special Attack. So, if you aren't asleep by now, I would mainly use it for strong non-special attacks, and do like I do with the Ninetails, "Abort" when a specific Pokemon comes up. The Ninetails' Defense is kinda low, and I always dread when somebody uses Slash or whatnot.

On Sapphire, I've hatched about 40 more eggs since I last mentioned it. No luck. (Bet you didn't see THAT coming...... )

On Emerald, I'm in the first forest, and I've got extra PokeBalls just in case I run upon one. It's most certainly a possibility.

I have to ask a question.

What does your Trainer ID have to do with the Shiny hunting? Does it somehow increase or decrease your chances, or did your boxes just fill up? Or did you just get tired and wanted to refresh the game?

-DDD
Old June 25th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Brit Lucifer
Phantasmagorical!

I think that the trainer ID generates a few of the numbers in the shiny-making equation...but i could be wrong
Old June 25th, 2006, 06:01 PM
ryan
Elite Four

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brit lucifer
I think that the trainer ID generates a few of the numbers in the shiny-making equation...but i could be wrong
That's the theory at least!
Well! Wow... we have like 3 new members since my last post? This is great! Welcome to the best club in all of PC - we're all like big, dorky, obsessive family here - I hope you all will fit in well; based on what I've seen thus far we shouldn't have any problems.

I added DDD to my AIM buddy list and would be glad to chat it up with any of the new (or old for that matter) hunters. rsgh5 - I live on AIM.

I haven't hunted too much today, but I'll definatly get on it this evening when I'm watching a movie or TV or whatever mindless activity comes up.

Happy hunting!

Edit: New members - head over to the SHCard request thread if you'd like one of the exciting cards featured in most of our signatures. Here's a link!
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:14 PM
King Kobra
Shiny Giratina pwns you

Yay, Haunter Master and MM are on! Hi people!

Anyways, I haven't hunted much, I've been going to parties and over friends houses too much to get any real hunting done. I'm going to try for 1300 tonight. I'm at 1040. Scyther is looking less and less cool every time I see it, and every time I see an Adamant, Naughty, or Lonely Male, I almost yell at it to be Shiny. Adamant seems to have the highest IVs for Scyther, so I'm hoping for a Male Adamant Shiny (that'll require TONS of luck).

Yeah, so I might not go to the river like I thought I would, I'm almost happy. I'll still have time to Shiny Hunt if I don't go. Well, good luck on all of the hunts and I'm rooting for Lady Darkmoon and Shido in the Absol Race *cheers*.

Goodnight Hunters, and welcome Night Hunters!

<I>Kobra<I>
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
I hunted in LG today bringing my Minun from mid-seventys to level 100, and then my Altaria from 35 to 50-something, no shiny Vulpix.

Welcome to all new menbers! Good luck hunting!

KK, thank you for rooting for shido and me. (So far this time around, 106 Absol eggs hatched.)

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:35 PM
shido
Blood Sucker

WOOT thanks king kobra for the surport

Spoiler:

Last edited by shido; June 25th, 2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old June 25th, 2006, 09:43 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Guess what guys? I caught shiny Eevee!!! Okay. I was in D'MoneyBoi's room(again) and i got it. I wasn't thinking about it at ALL. And it just popped up. It was late when I got it, and he was asleep, so he didn't care too much. I think I got it at 1:40 AM(EST) Careful nature

Average IVs:

HP 24
12 Atk
22 Def
20 SAtk
30 SDef
24 Spd...lol, at first, I put this as SDef too out of sheer excitement.
Perfect for Umbreon. Too bad Umbreon need egg moves to work. I think i should make it an Umbreon, or a Jolteon. What should I evolve it into?

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Last edited by It's Just Fufu; June 25th, 2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:28 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
OMG, you got it? Well, congrats, anyway. :p (I didn't even have the time to update your card for Charizard. D: )

~4010 Treeckos.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Yami_Zidane
Scyther

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon
Perfect for Umbreon. Too bad Umbreon need egg moves to work. I think i should make it an Umbreon, or a Jolteon. What should I evolve it into?
Personally i think Flareon looks the best, i'd love to have a golden Flareon, but congrats on the catch MeleeMaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE
I never see ANYONE with a Gligar. It's like, one of THE most overlooked Pokemon.
I agree Gligar can be such a good mon to use with the right Strategy (i seem to like a lot of UU pokémon) and of course a blue colour scheme would just add to its coolness XD

well i've just got in from College and i'm about to find my DS and get a hunting, i plan to be onto speed EV's with Raticate by the end of the night if my attention span will allow me too XD

Happy hunting.
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Toothache
Deepsea Toothache

BTW Gligar is perfect for taking on the first level of the Battle Pyramid, with Earthquake for the Electric types and Aerial Ace for the Grass types.

I only have one shiny so far, wild shiny Electrike caught on Route 118. I'm not actively hunting for one per se, but I am doing a lot of breeding to fill up Pokemon Box so I can get the Surfing Pichu. So, who knows, I may breed myself a shiny.

Of course I'm Houndoom, I'm Toothache!
I get Crunch and Bite moves, tasty!
(Thanks to Broleta for the banner)

Random quote: You're not paranoid when they're really out to get you...

Yes, I am back. Chat to me, and get to know me once again.

Old June 26th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Doopliss
(+) Sirena Beach

Still nothing. Occasionally I catch Mewtwo to test my skills and my best so far is half health and one pokeball. I hope he will reveal himself to me in his shiny form.

Oh and no luck on my other FireRed for Ponyta. Of course I could hunt for Mewtwo at the same time if one of my friends comes over. Then I might have double the chance of getting a shiny. Perhaps two, of one kind.

Awikiwiki mai lohilohi,
shiny Mewtwo
Old June 26th, 2006, 08:43 AM
tyranisneasel
Crazy Dark Master

The only problem with Gligars is that they can only be found in Emerald and on Colos. The thing is, on Emerald, they're only in the Safari Zone, and there's only one in Colos. Anyway, I decided to search for a shiny Dunsparce (it's red! ). My computer's internet is wacky, so I can't post that much. Good luck to all the new members, and SHIDO! YOU HAVE SHINY DUNSPARCE! I envy you soooooooo much.
Seth's PokePet

Milo the level 68 Milotic!
Old June 26th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Tha Pkmn Prodigy
Gym Leader

hey, hunters! still no luck hunting for shiny absol......60 hatched, no shinies but ill keep working on it!
Old June 26th, 2006, 09:32 AM
emerald star
Owns 11 shinies! Dang!

I havent been able to hunt much lately and Im startin to think a shiny absol isnt worth the days Ive put into hunting for it. I rarely see an absol so if u do the math, the chances of seeing a shiny one r far more than 1/8192. Does any1 have some good ideas of what to hunt for?

P.S.- To all the hunter that have shiny absols, I must congraulate you!

Old June 26th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Doopliss
(+) Sirena Beach

Avast ye, it won't appear. But it's green tint is rather nice.

SHINY SHEET

Pokemon: Mewtwo
Color: Green
Motivation: The struggle of trying to get my first shiny.

SHINY SHEET 2
Pokemon: Ponyta
Color: Blue
Motivation: The urge of getting my first shiny.

Um, I think I'll start to write more Shiny Sheets because they help me keep track of who I'm hunting.

Hunting Ponyta and it's blue flames when I get off the computer. Oh and considering buying 5 Abras for a shiny Alakazam.

Awikiwiki mai lohilohi,
shiny mewtwo
Old June 26th, 2006, 11:23 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
I nicknamed my Eevee. It is Casper, cuz it looks like a ghost, at least for now. I decided to evolve it into Umbreon, even though I will have to wait to evolve it.

Oh, and I have already begun SRing for my newest target... Abra! I don't have 9999 coins, I only have 8300. I am not really far on my game yet(I only have 4 badges), so I am short on money, and I don't feel like SRing. Heh, I am gonna soft reset for every second I am in D'MoneyBoi's room from now on!

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Tha Pkmn Prodigy
Gym Leader

good lck hunting for shiny abra, MM! BTW, nice shiny card!
Old June 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Jonny
Hatching eggs for a shiny Magikarp is what I've been doing lately
Eggs Hatched :42
Spent around an hour hatching more today
Eggs Hatched :65 I wasn't concentrating too much tho.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old June 26th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Tha Pkmn Prodigy
Gym Leader

woah....you have a shiny dragonair!? thats awesome luck!!
Old June 26th, 2006, 12:12 PM
shido
Blood Sucker

WOOT lately everyone has been noticing and prasing my shiny hunter card
*feels important* thanks to everyone that likes my shinies

absol update 520 eggs hatched and yet no shiny

Spoiler:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links