• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
dawj8.png

.:: Hack Name ::.
versiondd2.png

dbxd8.png

.:: Hack of ::.

Pokémon Ruby

.:: Introduction ::.

Well it's self explanatory, it's basically a patch with D/P that I'll allow people to hack over, it's not going to be perfect because ruby cannot handle those sorts of graphic palettes. I may also add what I think the first few towns will look like.​

.:: Story ::.

None, only that it will be the start of Diamond and Pearl's. You can make your own story if you want to hack over this, although I would like the credit leaving in the first screen. It's basically two things in one:
  • A taster of D/P
  • D/P graphics to use in anyway you want
.:: Features ::.

·New Maps​

·You can hack over it so you can use similar to Diamond and Pearl graphics​

·Main characters inserted​

·Some of the new Pokemon​

·New scripts where needed​

.: Downloads::.

Alpha 1:
No event editing.
Warps have been moved to appropriate doors non added, no removed.
There is no in game text editing.
Can go up to the second town.
No scripting.
Naetoru IS in the game.
My old Diamond sprte is in as I lost my old one down to virus' but I'll replace that
Graphics of the main tileset are about 40% done...
Alpha name: "Special Pre D/P taster edition"

The lab is in the top right hand building of futaba - [first town] and contains the pokemon bag, this is temporary until I do the scripting.

Right I'll have everyone know that I wouldn't normally release this, but with the date being what it is, I think it's best. Some mapping is a bit off for instance when in Futaba and going on to the first route it overlaps on the trees. But it will give you the feel of D/P.
The girl overworld is not finished and the male forward walking is not too great, but I'll reupload when this is done.

[RUBY Patch USA]

Alternative download attached to the bottom of this post

Naetoru patch:
http://www.theud.com/pokecommunity/attachment.php?attachmentid=34978&d=1157305622
[I've been getting reports that this doesn't work anymore so it's includd in the Alpha release]
.::Video::.

click above to go to the download​

dcfd4.png

titlescj6.png
nanaty4.png
4bh37dt.png

Credit to D-Man, Gridiron and closetman341 for this proffessor sprite. And thanks to "fedex" for inserting it - my TLP messes up for some reason I'm really greatful for this
naetorurm3.png
back2il3.png
introthing8nq.png
(Naetoru Front sprite by Serg!o, back by D-man and Gridion,inserted into palette etc. by me)
pearlnm1.png
gameas7.png

2wohcfn.png
2dl259t.png
2rh4em8.png

(Note about far right image, tiles are missing and the trainer will be removed)
gameeft5.png
gamenw3.png
game2bd4.png
.:: Other ::.

[FONT=&quot]Comments please.[/FONT]​

Last edited:

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 20, 2007
Nice screen shots i think the release beta should be released without the new house's for the time xD

kingofgames300g

Trainer in the Shadows
Years
This is gonna be...interesting... How bout making a banner for this??

Something like this:
D_P%20Makeover.gif

I animated it to "glow"
If you like it, you have permission to use it, ok??

Vipershark

What user title?
Years
Hmm.... It looks like it will be okay, but you should try to make sprites of the buildings and add them in.... Theres some somewhere around here, but I can't find them.... x_x

Gigerm

I GOT THE SPIRITOMB IN ME!
Years
looks great cant wait to use it ill see if my friends want to make a game out of it.

Vipershark

What user title?
Years
I made one of the houses..... The colors are messed up since I used a few colors from some pokemon, but they're easily editable..... you can put this into your game if you know how....

D-PBuilding.png

Edit away....

(The game looks great so far.... I can't wait to play!) :P

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Well glad you all like it, the house I'm gonna use for the main one is
house0gh.png
but with better shading etc. and in it's real palette, I'm having a little trouble inserting it, as of repointing it UNLZ keeps freezing, even when I do the door it'll probably have to be reduced in size - but by the way don't steal it
Thanks for the banner by the way, I'll give it a miss, but others can use it if the feel like advertising with it if kingofgames300g agrees,I might make some of my own but Wolt gives a good point. Oh and vipershark, I might include it in Littleroot's. Thanks. More later. Wolt, ur right over the proportions, the trees take up 3 tiles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2006
finally someone took up this idea, well im waiting for this one it should be real good, good luck

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
While this looks interesting, I'm starting to wonder why you can't wait for the real game? In any case, I'll have to check this out....

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
...Hi!

I have to congratulate you. No one tried to do this, and now, when you did this, just nearly everybody wants to criticise, but I like it. If you need help with walking overworld sprites of male hero, just tell me and I'll try to do that. But, I need to see all sprites of hero. Enjoy hack making ;)

Zerus

Why >__<
Years
  • Age 31
  • Home
  • Seen Jan 4, 2010
Dude you are awesome! But how are you gonna do a hack of a game we barely know about? Well Its not my place to ask. I wish you the best of luck hope it turns out great(and not sold illegaly in China)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Answers to questions:
Hiccup: could you repeat that I don't understand what u mean by "correct view"? [edit- do you mean palette, because it's not inserted yet so I can't]

Dark Lucario: I can wait for the real game, it's just that when it's released we're gonna struggle to hack it.

Sugimori: Thanks for the offer, I'm ok for now.

Charimon: Yes I'm serious

Zerus: I know we bearly know about d/p, we have a map and a video of one town, anyway the main idea of this hack is for others to use. I'll do my best to do a little of D/P. Yes, I hope it doesn't end up being sold, I respect nintendo. Although I can play it on a DS on my flash cart.

Blast: Glad it's interesting..lol

I'm doing more work on it later, I might show the battle screen if I get it done, I'm also gonna attempt to change the signs pallete and then maybe have another go at expanding the tileset so I can add theat house as shown above. By the way the polls interesting, it's backwards to what I would of thought. If anyone knows how to stop UNLZ freezing when inserting a larger tileset to a different place, please post here. By the way has anyone got any requests, like in the beta do you want a script with 3 starters or whatever.

Last edited:

kingofgames300g

Trainer in the Shadows
Years
Wolt said:
You don't know how much crap those things give a hack. Advertising by other means is more efficient. Banners suck, especially when they're stereotyped like that example you provided. >_>

vipershark: It's nice, but it's a copy of Nanakamado-hakase's lab, so just to warn that it should not be used for general houses (to the hack author). And technical restrictions would prevent that from being viable. The Advanced tileset doesn't use objects in that manner.

I was only suggesting, ok? I didn't say to use it, i just said that if he liked it he can use it.

Spoiler:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
kingofgames300g said:
I was only suggesting, ok? I didn't say to use it, i just said that if he liked it he can use it.

I still never said he had to use it. :P​
Well thanks for the idea, can others use it if they want? I'll probably make one of my own too, it's nice of you to think of things like that though, so thanks.

Edit: Has anyone got any requests, like in the beta do you want a script with 3 starters or whatever.
Also I've updated my first post and attached my title music below

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back