Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old July 3rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Domin-8

Advertise here
I have no idea what to say about that one. I can say that the wings look blocky, if you get what I'm saying. I am used to seeing a pixie with little bug-type wings. Like Tinkerbell or something. I like the overall shape of the body, but the head just looks funny to me. I don't know why.

But anyway, your an awasome spriter, I just wish i can get this good a scratch sprites.

Please click all on profiles please
Old July 4th, 2006, 02:52 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Send a message via AIM to MegaFuz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MegaFuz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion: Titan of Light
I have no idea what to say about that one. I can say that the wings look blocky, if you get what I'm saying. I am used to seeing a pixie with little bug-type wings. Like Tinkerbell or something. I like the overall shape of the body, but the head just looks funny to me. I don't know why.

But anyway, your an awasome spriter, I just wish i can get this good a scratch sprites.
The wings were meant to be blocky. I didn't want it to resemble a normal fairy. o.o What exactly are you referring to about the head?? Shading/shape?? Thanks a lot for the crits and praise. I appreciate it. XD
MegaDex: Returning soon?

This is where I'd post my PC family if any of them were still here. D:
Old July 4th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Domin-8
Shape of the head, but if you have the wings meant to be like that then it looks fine. I was comparing it to when the wings could be more curved. I don't know why I actually said that the head looked wierd to me before....haha wow work has made me tired

Please click all on profiles please
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:38 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Send a message via AIM to MegaFuz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MegaFuz
Work is definately the pits. o.o

I guess I won't edit anything, then, if you think it looks fine. I should have some new work up very soon. I've been bogged down with work, the holiday, and just the usual spriting delays lately. ._.

[Update!!]
If you followed the MegaDex back in late 2005, you might remember this sprite, or something very similar anyway. When I re-released this project to the public a few months ago, I cut the sprite. After re-working this a little bit, I'm going to add this guy back into the MegaDex. So yeah...this is Tempsyra's evolution, Transpyra. A Ghost/Fire type. o.O Let me know what you think!! XD

Old July 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM
BlueEew
PokeProject - GO!

Nature: Naughty
I like the sprite, it reminds me of dewgong.
Pokemon Forum
Shiny Legendary Pokemon Hunt
Masuda Method Shiny Egg Hunt Charmander Shined!
Soft Resets Shiny Pokemon Hunt (None Legendary)
Old July 9th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Demonta
Jem Juggler

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Demonta
9.5/10!

Amazing, these scratches sure amazed me!
I love the shading!

though some of the poses looks wrong e.g. tustalk's legs.
Old July 9th, 2006, 11:03 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

I appreciate the comments, guys. XD As far as poses go, Demonta, I'm aware that the anatomy on a few sprites need to be re-worked. I can't find anything wrong with Tustalk's pose though. Can you maybe elaborate a little more as to what you mean?? o.o

[Update!!] I have a new sprite that I finished up here in the wee hours of the morning. This is just a small, common ground-type FakeMon. I call it Fongrel. This is also the sixth new sprite since I've reworked the Dex, so a whole new line has been added to the MegaDex, and the orders have been rearranged. You can check out the new sprite, along with the updated lineup below.

[Reminder:] If you didn't know, I constantly update the first post of this thread with my new material and the current lineup, along with new releases and Fan Buttons. So yeah...if you don't want to sift through the thread for new sprites and such, you can always check the first post to keep updated. XD

Old July 9th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Chizzy
Comic coming soon...

Nature: Bold
Tustalks Pose is absolutly Fine! Its the best shaded one...
Now you could remember me...

Then Again...

...its been a while
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:07 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneachicken
Tustalks Pose is absolutly Fine! Its the best shaded one...
Err...thanks. It was a rather easy one to shade. XD

Old July 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM
BlueEew
PokeProject - GO!

Nature: Naughty
Two of the pokemon look just like geodude and graveller, was that done on purpose?
Pokemon Forum
Shiny Legendary Pokemon Hunt
Masuda Method Shiny Egg Hunt Charmander Shined!
Soft Resets Shiny Pokemon Hunt (None Legendary)
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:37 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Here's an overworld sheet I did of Odinpurr for a sprite comic I have in the works. I don't want to give away too much of the storyline yet, but let's just say Odinpurr plays an integral role in the plot. XD

As always, comments appreciated!! XD

Old July 15th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Demonta
Jem Juggler

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Demonta
Well to me, the leg looked like it was bendy and rubbery, doesn't quite show the elbow/knee and sorta looks like it was just one long thing.

I might be looking at it funny but thats what I feel.

Another one to my eyes that seemed wrong was Plataia's legs.

The legs of Plataia seems to be too thin in order to be able to stand up on hind legs alone, the position of the body makes me feel that it will topple over as the front of the body in comparison is so much bigger compared to its tail.
FC: 4167 3877 0682
Name: Jason
Old July 27th, 2006, 07:53 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Err...sorry for the lack of new material. With the server being down I just havn't had it in me to post much. Anywho...I should have new releases soon. Keep your eyes peeled!! XD

Old July 28th, 2006, 12:27 AM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Hey, long time no see I've been... Well away XD

I see you've done some new stuff, and I really like it ; )
Bokruge's head looks a little strange... Maybe play a little with it position/ looking direction.

Oh, have you... Hm, kicked some pokes out? I remember that there was another lizard there, one with hands, that looks like Kithadon...
Old July 28th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Toadsworth
I'm bored..... Blerk...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Toadsworth
Well, those pokémon look almost real. Cool!

Webmaster of Pokestory.

New layout, more than 110 episodes about a pokemon story, what more?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 06:46 AM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardanel
Hey, long time no see I've been... Well away XD

I see you've done some new stuff, and I really like it ; )
Bokruge's head looks a little strange... Maybe play a little with it position/ looking direction.

Oh, have you... Hm, kicked some pokes out? I remember that there was another lizard there, one with hands, that looks like Kithadon...
Hey man,

As always thanks for the comments. I'm not sure I see what you're referring to with Bokruge's head. Maybe I'll play around with it later on, though. I did kick Kithadon's pre-evo, Kithada, out of the Dex (for now, anyway...). I just didn't feel good about that sprite. It just looked too awkward for my liking, and didn't really fit in with the feel of the Dex. I might re-sprite him at a later date, but we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadsworth
Well, those pokémon look almost real. Cool!
Thanks for the comment, Toadsworth. Glad you like them. XD

[Update!!] I've got a new sprite to release here today. (I know, I know...it's been quite a while since my last update.) Anywho...this is a new Flying/Ice type called Jaspen. Check him out below and leave me a comment!! XD

[2nd Update!!] Another new addition to the MegaDex to release. Here is Wystem, a plant type. Its' evolution is a work in progress right now, and I'd have to say, it's one of the harder designs I've done. Keep your eyes open for that release soon, but for now, check out the pre-evolution and drop me a line!!

[3rd Update!!] Finished up another sprite late last night. This is a new Dark/Fighting type I call Morthana. As you can see, this guy can pack quite a punch with slashing moves, but is also well equipped with very powerful Dark type moves. When slashing with its claws, it commonly spins, or rotates on its pointed legs while whirling its arms in a vicious circle towards the enemy. Its sleek design and aerodynamic headpiece allow it to move at extremely high speeds.

Last edited by MegaFuz; August 3rd, 2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:51 AM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

I like the new stuff you showed... But Wystem just doesn't seem right... I would advise that you try and re-do it... Though that is only my opinion...
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:01 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardanel
I like the new stuff you showed... But Wystem just doesn't seem right... I would advise that you try and re-do it... Though that is only my opinion...
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like the way Wystem turned out. I've had the concept of the sprite for awhile, and I did it pretty quickly when I was at my friend's house the other night because he wanted to see me sprite. I think I am going to redo it when I get a chance. Glad ya like the other stuff though. XP

[Update!!] Ok, I've made an alternate version of Tustalk with flower petals coming out of the blossom on its head. I'm just looking for people's opinions on what looks better...the original version or the new version with the red petals. Let me know what you think, and whichever seems to be liked the most, I'll keep in the Dex as the final. XD

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Akitochi
Beginning Trainer

Wow! These are amazing! My favorite has to be Jaspen. I love the shading, very well done - keep up the amazing work! :0
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Nell

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nell
Awesome, work. Absolutely, MegaFuz! I reckon Tustalk is better with the petals, gives him more of the grass type look.
"Close your eyes and mould the silence with your thoughts. Now, breathe. What do you see?"
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:46 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitochi
Wow! These are amazing! My favorite has to be Jaspen. I love the shading, very well done - keep up the amazing work! :0
Thanks Akitochi!! Glad you like them. I believe you're the first person to claim Jaspen as their favorite. I finished the Jaspen sprite back in late 2005, but lost the file for a while and just recovered it the other week. Thanks for the comment!! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlomence
Awesome, work. Absolutely, MegaFuz! I reckon Tustalk is better with the petals, gives him more of the grass type look.
I think I like the petal version better too, Typhlomence. It looks like that will be the final version. I appreciate the compliments. XD

[Update!!] Alrighty, I've finished a new sprite tonight. This is a water type I've named Qaspachi. It's a rather lazy Pokemon, often seen lounging in calm river shores or swamps. It's large body generates a great amount of body heat, so it prefers wading in water most of the time to keep cool. Its large mouth cavity is used to catch many small fish to eat at a time. Its body absorbs surrounding water and then sends it back out through the spot on its forehead in the form of powerful water attacks such as Hydro Pump. Drop me a comment with your thoughts on him!! XD

[Update!!] I had a moment to sprite so I did up the pre-evo of Qaspachi that I had sketched out. This line is now complete. The DexPad on Post #1 should be updated very soon so keep your eyes peeled for that. XD

[Update!!] Here is the Yeti Pokemon I promised a while back. Its tentative name is Polanche (taken from Polar, Avalance). This creatures ice crystal fists act as clubs, which it uses to pound enemies relentlessly. It will smash until its fists completely shatter off of its body, then re-generates new fists by using the crystals on its chest and back to produce freezing temperatures.

[Update!!] Another new sprite to release here. This is Fongrel's evolution, Craterel. It's a Rock/Ground type and thrashes enemies viciously with its sharp claws and Rock-tipped tail. Packs quite a punch. =P Check him out below and let me know what you think of all the new stuff, please. XD

Old August 21st, 2006, 12:11 AM
Nell

Qaspachi? Hmm... the name seems to reverbate in my head as Quagsire.... but it looks very well sprited. I presume you didn't include the spot on Qaspa's chest to convey that he is not yet full developed and cannot use attacks such as Hydro Pump? You rounded it well and the shading is accurate. Also, the spot corresponding on the stomach gives it a very professional finish. Oh The back of Polanche is very-Kabuto-reminiscent, but I think it is suiting. Very clever how you related the crystal on its chest to its hands Oh and finally I like Craterel, but perhaps you could reduce the length of the eyes? You could also possibly push the position of his legs back a pinch and adjust the tail's shading? Okay, sorry for being picky, but apart from that it's impeccable. Awesome work as always, Megafuz! Tip of the hat to thee~
"Close your eyes and mould the silence with your thoughts. Now, breathe. What do you see?"

Last edited by Nell; August 21st, 2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old August 27th, 2006, 09:11 PM
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlomence View Post
Qaspachi? Hmm... the name seems to reverbate in my head as Quagsire.... but it looks very well sprited. I presume you didn't include the spot on Qaspa's chest to convey that he is not yet full developed and cannot use attacks such as Hydro Pump? You rounded it well and the shading is accurate. Also, the spot corresponding on the stomach gives it a very professional finish. Oh The back of Polanche is very-Kabuto-reminiscent, but I think it is suiting. Very clever how you related the crystal on its chest to its hands Oh and finally I like Craterel, but perhaps you could reduce the length of the eyes? You could also possibly push the position of his legs back a pinch and adjust the tail's shading? Okay, sorry for being picky, but apart from that it's impeccable. Awesome work as always, Megafuz! Tip of the hat to thee~
I'm not sure what you mean as far as the shading on the tail. I might touch up the rock on its tail when I get a chance. Anywho...I appreciate the comment. XD

[Update!!] New sprite to release here tonight. This is a new bird type, Nestwirl. Its pre-evolution should be finished soon. As always, let me know what you think!!

Old August 27th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Nell

Oh awesome! I like the the colour scheme and looks of this one! Reminds me a bit of Pidgeot and Swellow mixed together XD....But yeah.... its actually flawless!! I can;t say anything bad about that one~
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:14 AM
~Summer Queen~
<3

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Summer Queen~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Summer Queen~
These are wonderful Megafuz,
You've really done well since i've last seen your work.
Very Well Done!! ;

~Dutchess
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here