• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite pokemon type

Whats your favorite pokemon type?

• Water

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Fire

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Grass

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Poison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Flying

• Normal

• Ground

• Rock

• Steel

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Phychic

• Fighting

• Dragon

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Ghost

• Ice

• Other

• Total voters

evilmetal2004

Hero trainer
Years
whats your favorite pokemon type and why?

My favorite pokemon type is Electric..i think electric pokemon can be very troublesome at various times. They also have very good speed and agility and some of them are really cool. Take the pikachu tree for example.

Shorty

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
Uh oh. Looks like we are going to be rivals because my favourite type are water pokémon. I think they have the most useful attribute that cannot only be damaging but helpful when needed to. Plus, I love swimming and water.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I like the dragon type the most. The Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite is my favorite line of Pokemon. I've been in love with that line since I caught my first Dratini in the Safari Zone. I think Lance is one of the cooler characters as well. XD

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
Years
fire type......people say dragons are the most powerful,but fire is....no one just haven't come to control it.....like I can....anything that has to do with fire,...I'm there....

take my blaziken for example...my friend an I had a link battle one time,against my lvl.89Blaziken vs.his lvl.92 kyogre,AND his lvl.75 wailord......with the help of blaze kick and sky uppercut,I completely PWNED them.......I AM fire......in flames,no one can best me......and that's the truth there....

:laugh: sorry for getting all serious on ya!!!!to put it simple,fire is my fav.......^___^

Whiplash

Been very inactive
Years
Rioku_Zanketa said:
fire type......people say dragons are the most powerful,but fire is....no one just haven't come to control it.....like I can....anything that has to do with fire,...I'm there....

take my blaziken for example...my friend an I had a link battle one time,against my lvl.89Blaziken vs.his lvl.92 kyogre,AND his lvl.75 wailord......with the help of blaze kick and sky uppercut,I completely PWNED them.......I AM fire......in flames,no one can best me......and that's the truth there....

:laugh: sorry for getting all serious on ya!!!!to put it simple,fire is my fav.......^___^

Fire arn't that strong there weakness are Water and thats the most popular Pokemon type in the game =P. But the guy/girl you were versing could of been using crap moves.

Thats anothe reason why Water are my favourite they can be really strong at the right time :D.
And I always pick them for a starter in any game when I first play it.

Years
Please keep all pokemon-related polls in one of the pokemon forums. OVP isn't meant for polls like that.

-moves-

And to answer the question, if I had to pick a favorite type I'd choose Electric. There are several types I like, but I've noticed that I tend to like using Electric a bit more than the others.

latios1993

Latios IS the best!!!
Years
my favorite type of pokemon is obvious.......Dragon,my combo of lv.85 latios and latias:latias: :os: is the best around! i use dragonbreath and dragon claw, and sometimes recover.

Kaseo

Cursed Being
Years
Hehe...really hard question. Hmm...I like so many T.T. Fire and psychic. I like dark and ghost too...but they aint that great. Only 1 or 2 pokemon from their types are really strong.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2008
I like Water and Psychic attacks. Before the movesets where people always use Rain Dance + Hydro Pump, I always used Surf on every water Pokémon I had for the power and accuracy. Psychic was devastating too, since I had Mewtwo clearing opponents easily.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
Years
Dark_Grave said:
Fire arn't that strong there weakness are Water and thats the most popular Pokemon type in the game =P. But the guy/girl you were versing could of been using crap moves.

Thats anothe reason why Water are my favourite they can be really strong at the right time :D.
And I always pick them for a starter in any game when I first play it.
nah.....surf,sheer cold,water fall,and dive aren't weak moves,buddy.....that just goes to sho how much you don't know about the power of flames.....like I said...in te hands of an EXPERT,.....fire is the strongest....boy,I'd wish there were some way I could prove it to ya...

Shorty

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
While it is possible for an impressive fire pokemon to defeat and impressive water pokemon, the odds are still tipped in favour of the water pokemon whcih means the slight advantdge could make the water pokemon a better contendor.

The only way to prove if you really are the strongest is through battle with the best water pokemon trainer. My money's on water...

latios1993

Latios IS the best!!!
Years
dragon pokemon can learn pretty much every single type of move. electric,fire,dragon,water, etc.
so it doesn't matter what type of pokemon you use a dragon type can counter any type of pokemon if it knows the attacks to do so

Mclaren

The Dragon Master
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 10, 2006
Mine Is Dragon By Far, Like latios said they can learn almost any move and they are very strong

latios1993

Latios IS the best!!!
Years
my second favorite type would most definitly be water, because they have moves like no other.
my favorite water pokemon are mudkip,squirtle,and totidile.:t158: :t258: :t007:

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
Years
Uh...geez, that's hard to say ^.^;

See, when it comes to favourite pokemon, types or whatever I tend to go by heart rather than by power ^^;

So, I'd have to say that my favourite type of all times is definately DARK ^^; Not to sound shallow or anything but they just all look so darn cool ^^;

Oh, almost forgot:
/Le sigh, le drool, le swoon/

I love doing that ^^;

Anyhoo, second place is for fire ^^; I do love my Charlie best and most /crushuggles him/

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I personally like Water types the most. Not only do they have some incredibly sweepers, but they also have sponges, walls and (P)hazers, not to mention that they have many interesting type combinations, such as Water/Flying, Water/Ground, Water/Psychic and of course my favourite type combination Water/Poison.

Sharing the second place as my favourite types are Electric, Bug and Poison for reasons I I'm too tired to explain right now.
nah.....surf,sheer cold,water fall,and dive aren't weak moves,buddy.....that just goes to sho how much you don't know about the power of flames.....like I said...in te hands of an EXPERT,.....fire is the strongest....boy,I'd wish there were some way I could prove it to ya...
Fire isn't really as strong as you say it is. Not only are they weak to Ground and Rock type attacks (And almost every physical sweeper has a Ground or a Rock type attack.), but they often lack the defense to take down more than one or two Pokémon. You are in no position to call yourself an expert if you think Fire Pokémon can beat anything.

I'll gladly prove you wrong if you want to. Just download Netbattle and make a mono type (A team where all Pokémon are of a certain type.) Fire team and battle my mono type Electric team with it. No one has a type advantage there, so it should be a fair fight. Pm me if you're interested in a battle.

latios1993

Latios IS the best!!!
Years
i still think that dragon type pokemon are the best because they have good combos in types like dragon flying, dragon psychic, dragon water, dragon ground, and i think charizard is a dragon fire.

Back