The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:23 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Don't worry people, as long as I can I'll keep on working on it (but, you know, life is more important)

About names, I like the name "Shiny Gold", so that's gonna be the official name, and I wont change it (I've even edited the title screen with this name, so no changes). About graphics, well, I've said it a few times already. Gameplay first, graphics later (I personally think that scripting gives the game the feel of Gold more than graphics. However, graphics are also important, I know)

I'd be a Pokémon freak if I did all my hack out of my memory (which, by the way, is not great). I hope that answers your question

In the meantime, I post my last screenshots. I'll start mapping Ecruteak tomorrow, releasing the beta, updating my first post. Wow, so many things to do...
See ya!

Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:29 AM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Well I can't wait man, it's looking sweet.

Keep it up!
Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
Kurosaki Ichigo
Flannery's #1 Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Yahoo to Kurosaki Ichigo
Nice Dude!, And I know you want to do things yourself, but I have this thing to just well...help out with trainer stuff and that kinda thing @_@

**Flannery is my Goddess, I'm her #1 Obsessor**
Bishies: Matsumoto Rangiku, Shiba Kuukaku, Soi Fong, Hikari(Pearl), Raven
Pairings: Ichigo x Shihouin Yoruichi, Genis X Presea, Aang X Katara, Toph X Sokka, Kratos X Raine
My Trainer Card
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Looks awesome so far! Good luck finishing SG!

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:26 AM
charimon
Yeah hacking !! ^^

looks cool keep it up

credits to suta-raito for the charizard
Old September 22nd, 2006, 12:28 PM
-Sasuke-
ダッジアベンジャ

They look hot man. Keep up the good work!
Old September 22nd, 2006, 01:53 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
very awesome screens, and umm, when will the beta be released? me along with many others im sure are very anxious to try out the beta, and im guessing the beta goes up to Ecruteak city?

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 22nd, 2006, 01:59 PM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmazter View Post
very awesome screens, and umm, when will the beta be released? me along with many others im sure are very anxious to try out the beta, and im guessing the beta goes up to Ecruteak city?
I think he said on the weekend
Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Yep, tomorrow I release the beta, which, by the way, goes as far as my screenshots (meaning Azalea). The rest I keep for myself, as I always keep on doing changes and testing.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
alexmad
Beginning Trainer

very good the very good truth
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:57 PM
andreas2
typhlosion master trainer

that hack seems to be very good!!
Old September 23rd, 2006, 03:00 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

That should help with your title screen
Old September 23rd, 2006, 03:10 AM
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

This is more awesome than I thought...You've scripted till so far? Thats pretty good, considering you only started awhile ago. Azalea Gym look great! It looks just like G/S/C version of the Gym(with better graphics anyway).I personnaly don't see any problem with your graphics(for the screenshots anyway) they look better then most Gold remakes, and you have only just started out.

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Old September 23rd, 2006, 07:05 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Well, well, finally the time has come... In case you haven't read my first post (which you should do, I already said so), I've uploaded the Version1 of Shiny Gold! I didn't want to put a link, I wanted to upload the zip in the community but, since the upload failed again and again, well, I've just uploaded somewhere else (we'll see about that later)

Keep in mind the posted glitches. Feel free to post your own, and express your opinions about the game. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

I was forgetting something. Don't play the game so seriously, because perhaps newer versions may have fixes which will destroy an old version's game (don't train your pokémon to lv100 expecting to crush the next version ).

to sena82: thanks for all your help. About the titlescreen, I've already edited it, so I don't need it. And about the johto's tileset, wow, that's some huge help. Just a small question, I think I've seen it in As_Stars_Gut's hack. So I'm a bit confused, did you create it?. In case I could use it, who should I give credit?

para alexmad: bienvenido nuevamente!

to everyone else: thanks all of you! (specially DarkArcz)

In the meantime, I wonder... Is there anyone playing the original Gold? Because I wanted to update the rematch battles. So a list with trainer name, pokemon list and their levels could be useful (and I wanted to test how rematches in FR work)

And, I'm thinking about adding a new rival. Well, to tell the truth, it would have to be two rivals. A couple of people (male&female), which will annoy the player with their love for each other (of course this means there's gonna be double battles with them each time). So I'm thinking about letting two of you to become those two trainers. What do you think? (I know it sounds weird... )

Well, I think that's all I had to say. I'll come back later.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Well, well, finally the time has come... In case you haven't read my first post (which you should do, I already said so), I've uploaded the Version1 of Shiny Gold! I didn't want to put a link, I wanted to upload the zip in the community but, since the upload failed again and again, well, I've just uploaded somewhere else (we'll see about that later)

Keep in mind the posted glitches. Feel free to post your own, and express your opinions about the game. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

I was forgetting something. Don't play the game so seriously, because perhaps newer versions may have fixes which will destroy an old version's game (don't train your pokémon to lv100 expecting to crush the next version ).

to sena82: thanks for all your help. About the titlescreen, I've already edited it, so I don't need it. And about the johto's tileset, wow, that's some huge help. Just a small question, I think I've seen it in As_Stars_Gut's hack. So I'm a bit confused, did you create it?. In case I could use it, who should I give credit?

para alexmad: bienvenido nuevamente!

to everyone else: thanks all of you! (specially DarkArcz)

In the meantime, I wonder... Is there anyone playing the original Gold? Because I wanted to update the rematch battles. So a list with trainer name, pokemon list and their levels could be useful (and I wanted to test how rematches in FR work)

And, I'm thinking about adding a new rival. Well, to tell the truth, it would have to be two rivals. A couple of people (male&female), which will annoy the player with their love for each other (of course this means there's gonna be double battles with them each time). So I'm thinking about letting two of you to become those two trainers. What do you think? (I know it sounds weird... )

Well, I think that's all I had to say. I'll come back later.
Well I asked gameguy and he said I or anyone could use them but they must give credit.And when someone starts a remake I have a habit of helping them alot,and can I be the male trainer,and well done,you have set a limit that has not been set before on this forum.

Edit-OMG just like GSC,Can I be your buddy for life

and I like how you made yourseldf a character
maybe you can learn how to revamp some GSC music

I think some of the revamped music is already in the FR/LG rom and some are in emerald

and I am definatly flash carting this when the hack is done because I want to play this game all the time

Last edited by Crystal ALpha-Star+; September 23rd, 2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

I'd like to know where you found invisible stuff blocking your way, and which maps are messed up.
On second thought, I think I know what invisible stuff you are refering, well I made so to save a few Script Events (but if it doesn't look good may I put something there?)
The old man is fixed for next version, so does the title screen (I've done it after creating the patch a while ago), and the red jewel was already posted in my list of glitches.
I'd need to replace a sprite for Sudo, since this is FR. And about berries, I may have an idea about how to implement them, however, we wont see berry trees for some time (I prefer to dedicate my time for the main part of the game, the story)

Please don't ask me to change the trainer's Pokémon. That aspect must remain intact, else it would not be a remake (Besides, that's why I'm adding a few extras here and there...)

About music... well, I guess that's a tough cookie, so I'll skip it for now...

Good luck, and remember to check out the list of known glitches!

PS: It wasn't really a short time. I started hacking like three months ago, and I had a little experience hacking the original Gold a few years ago (wow, those were good times...)
Old September 23rd, 2006, 01:33 PM
alexmad
Beginning Trainer

sigue asi hermano vas por buen camino la verdad

it follows thus brother you go by good way the truth
Old September 23rd, 2006, 01:52 PM
ssj
Kanto Legend

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ssj
This hack looks great good to see anouther jhoto remake.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 02:09 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Well, since it was time for me to try my hand at tile changing, and thanks to sena82, and specially to gameguy for their contribution with tiles, I think I was able to create the Bellsprout Tower *new Version* (probably I'll find problems, sooner or later, when needing to deal with the behaviours, we'll see when the time comes)

Does it look good? If I was able to do this, I think I may get better and better from now on, (specially when I consider myself a scripter more than a spriter). I need to keep on practicing...

What am I supposed to do with all those midis? (for now I can only, let's say, hear them and have a good time when hacking )
Old September 23rd, 2006, 02:28 PM
Chris-h11
Programmer

Nature: Naughty
It looks great!
Keep up the good work.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 02:53 PM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Well, since it was time for me to try my hand at tile changing, and thanks to sena82, and specially to gameguy for their contribution with tiles, I think I was able to create the Bellsprout Tower *new Version* (probably I'll find problems, sooner or later, when needing to deal with the behaviours, we'll see when the time comes)

Does it look good? If I was able to do this, I think I may get better and better from now on, (specially when I consider myself a scripter more than a spriter). I need to keep on practicing...

What am I supposed to do with all those midis? (for now I can only, let's say, hear them and have a good time when hacking )

your welcome nice to help
Old September 23rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
Rune
Defender of the Old Order

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Rune
Just asking are you trying to make the day and night and pokegear feature
Also the sliding panel in Ruins of Alph
Old September 23rd, 2006, 03:27 PM
Chris-h11
Programmer

Nature: Naughty
I hope so :D

Although it would be hard.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Wow, ive played a little bit of the beta, and its much better then some other remakes i have played, and ya there are some glitches like on roads that lead somewhere, you cant walk on certain squares, no river that leads to the pokemon league , and a few others if you want i could name, but in any case, very good job.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 23rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

I just got another bit of free time (probably tomorrow'll be less times), and so I'll answer to itsaplanet, and to anyone else who could have the same questions. For now there's no Pokégear, (I forgot I answered this one before the thread got deleted), probably there could be something similar (don't know, but it really seems hard also). The phone will still call though...
The day/night feature could be implemented based on a certain event, but it wont be real time. Besides, this feature wont be tried to be implemented till I have quite a lot of the game done.
And the sliding panel... Is there any need for it?, try not to ask for so much. If I'd do it, then I'd probably be working for Nintendo... :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here