The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2006, 06:49 PM
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

Advertise here
Very, VERRY great beta! I only just started playing, but I'm already getting that Johto feel of the game. There were a few things you dint add in(like the PokeGear) but thats OK, I don't think it would have been possible anyway, and even if it was, it would have taken you ages and the beta wouldnt be released. Anyway, good luck and keep up the good work!

(There WAS somethin; strange though, when I step foot into the first route after I met Prof Elm, a trained dropped from the sky....He wasn't there before I went to Elms Lab, thats for sure. And that Carlos guy, right after I fought him, he stayed there, but after I took 2 steps or so, he disappeared! Strange, but funny glitches.)

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Last edited by DarkArcz; September 23rd, 2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
Whisme
Beginning Trainer

I really like this hack but there are a few glitches:

There's a glitch between route 29 and cherrygrove city where two tile on either side are solid, now that I've checked, this happens alot. I think it ahs to do with the conenctions between cities only being two tiles thick. Also Cherrygrove City's name doesn't pop up when you enter it.

The beach in Cherrygrove has a few out of place tiles.

Despite all of those your hack is excellent and you're a great scripter.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 09:00 PM
vivekharin
Beginning Trainer

zel thousands of thnx in bringing a beta for this gold and its looking awesome.Keep up the good work.

zel thousands of thnx in bringing a beta for this gold and its looking awesome.Keep up the good work.

Take some 5 minutes and transform your life.

http://freestuffz4u.blogspot.com/200...stment-in.html

Last edited by Pazuzu; September 24th, 2006 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Merged
Old September 23rd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Rune

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rune
the radio feature in pokegear is awesome
I think if you don't have any time with the pokegear you could just add a radio in some houses with random text and the music
I like Pokemon March I wish I could hear it again
Old September 23rd, 2006, 11:53 PM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
It's an awesome hack man.

As y'know, there are a few little glitches, but nothing all that major. Just movement restrictions really (like how come we can't walk behind buildings.

But yeah, it's a mad hack (thanks for putting Roselia in).

My only biff with it is some of the graphics and sprites. Your scripting is very well done, but I just can't not notice your sprites.

If you want any help or pointers at all with them just PM me.

Anyways, keep it up and good luck with it!
Old September 24th, 2006, 04:30 AM
andreas2
typhlosion master trainer

YOUR HACK IS AMAZING!!! keep on the good work!! it's one of the best hacks ever!!!!
Old September 24th, 2006, 04:55 AM
ash_ketchum5
Future Pokemon Pearl Owner

hey, when are you going ta edit the title screen?

chimpy the level 66 Hikozaru!
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Amachi

As Zel has said before, he's focusing more on the scripting than the spriting, so it could be a while.

Now I haven't played G/S/C in a while, but does anyone else feel that it's been too easy?

Not that I mind, I was just suprised how strong my pokemon got - my starter evolved before I beat Falkaner.

Also, is there any point in defeating that Fighter in Dark Cave?

And I hate it how we had to stop at Azalea Town
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:10 AM
ash_ketchum5
Future Pokemon Pearl Owner

i found gold hard... but the jhoto games were exelent! the bg sounds, the buildings the new stuff.... i just love it!

chimpy the level 66 Hikozaru!
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:21 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArcz View Post
(There WAS somethin; strange though, when I step foot into the first route after I met Prof Elm, a trained dropped from the sky....He wasn't there before I went to Elms Lab, thats for sure. And that Carlos guy, right after I fought him, he stayed there, but after I took 2 steps or so, he disappeared! Strange, but funny glitches.)
I wonder which trainer dropped from the sky?, can you specify the route, or give me a bit more of information?, since I'm confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaplanet View Post
the radio feature in pokegear is awesome
I think if you don't have any time with the pokegear you could just add a radio in some houses with random text and the music
I like Pokemon March I wish I could hear it again
Well, I wish I could bring the music from G/S back again into the advance world, but I have no musical talent, and I don't know (yet) how to handle music in hacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ray.z] View Post
As y'know, there are a few little glitches, but nothing all that major. Just movement restrictions really (like how come we can't walk behind buildings.

My only biff with it is some of the graphics and sprites. Your scripting is very well done, but I just can't not notice your sprites.
Well, as you know I'm just starting to change a few tiles, and about sprites, I think there wont be too much changes. I like FR graphics, so I'll edit only when necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ketchum5 View Post
hey, when are you going ta edit the title screen?
I think I already said the title screen was edited. So, I'll make an exception for you, and show it:

It may not be much, but it serves its purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ray.z] View Post
Now I haven't played G/S/C in a while, but does anyone else feel that it's been too easy?

Not that I mind, I was just suprised how strong my pokemon got - my starter evolved before I beat Falkaner.

Also, is there any point in defeating that Fighter in Dark Cave?

And I hate it how we had to stop at Azalea Town
Well, there have been changes in movesets and stats, so perhaps they made the advance generation a little more easy, perhaps? And, by the way, did you remember Johto starters evolved in different levels?, I think Cynda is the one to evolve quickly (like lv14), while Toto is the one to take a bit longer.
Regardless the fighter in Dark Cave, you can...
Spoiler:
Get a TM, what you expected a Master Ball? :D

Well, with all the questions answered. It's time for me to go back to script Ecruteak.

Wait, I'm forgetting something... Before I start, what do you guys think about the new rivals I mentioned in the previous page, do you think you can build a team with another person? (It would have to be 3-3, one person would post his/her three poke, and the other their three, of course you'd need to tell me which person you are tagging with. If you have a battle sprite, feel free to send it. And remember, the new rival is a couple of male&female, so if you are two males one will have to play the role of the female, I wonder...? )
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Amachi

Why not have the third rival as Crystal? It would definitely fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel
Well, as you know I'm just starting to change a few tiles, and about sprites, I think there wont be too much changes. I like FR graphics, so I'll edit only when necessary.
Yes, I like FR/LG graphics too.

But for the male hero OW, you did them wrong. The shading comes from above the sprite, so the top shouldn't have a black outline.
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:40 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Cause you're supposed to play as Crystal as the female heroine (even though I haven't made sprites for her)
I'll fix the hero right away! See ya later!
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Amachi

Kay then ....

Why not have the rival as the other hero/ine?

Or is that too much of a problem?

And also, Trainer Carlos (you): is he meant to have a johto starter that is more powerful than yours, or do you just like Squirtle?

And good luck with Crystal!
Old September 24th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Pkmn-Master
:U

Nature: Brave
yeah, good luck and good job with the game! it's going along great!!
Old September 24th, 2006, 10:58 AM
scf
Beginning Trainer

this looks like a good hack. If you need any help, I'll be here to help.
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Man, thats got to be the best one iv'e ever seen. I got goosebumps just looking at it.
One question though. Why does everbody make hacks out of fire red, never leaf green?
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:06 AM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
I haven't gotten very far at all, but this game is too awesome for words! Just a few problems: The large sprites of Kenta and Silver still show Red and Green, the title screen doesn't show (it's still FR's screen), and, as said before, there are invisible road blocks... Also, the trees and houses can normally be walked under, but only the top tiles. You didn't allow walking behind trees or houses at all... Anyway, great job, and good luck completing it!

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
scf
Beginning Trainer

maybe you should shift the tower over a few pixels to center it if you can.
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think the tower is fine, but those two ridges that bend into the tower, doesn't look to good in my opinion.
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:41 AM
lugiale
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
wooow really looks great,really it is incredible,good tiles,good maps,good palletes ,cool
i like it
Old September 24th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Pkmn-Master
:U

Nature: Brave
i'm still 100% excited for all those gold/silver/crystal hacks out there to be finished!!
Old September 24th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

I really like this hack so far, but some glitches really stress the fact that you used a FR rom, and it can get kind of annoying, but as i know, you just started and will probably get all the bugs out, which will make the final release the best Pokemon Gold remake yet,

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 24th, 2006, 05:04 PM
TreeckoLv.100
You can call me Treecko

zel, great hack! I really mean it. The scripts are superb man. Alot of people quit on theirs because of the scripting, but Shiny Gold's are awesome. Keep at it man! This hack is great!

Avatar and sig created by Green Charizard.
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Hey zel i have an idea to the pokemon league on your Shiny Gold game,

When you beat the Jhoto league and get all the badges in kanto, along with the option of exploring MT.Silver, there should also be turnaments like in the show, where your in the first battle, and need to battle your way to the finals.. just an idea, and if you do it, you should make custom characters of those who support ShinyGold (Me for example XD) just like you made a custom character like yourself,

One question, can i add you to my friends list? seeing as how i have none.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 24th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Amachi

No!

Please don't put custom characters in the game.

It's alright to have your guy in (since it is your game), but they always seem so out of sync, especially if you're making a Gold Remake.

But, as I said, it is your game, so do with it as you wish.

Good luck!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here