• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Why not have the third rival as Crystal? It would definitely fit in.

zel said:
Well, as you know I'm just starting to change a few tiles, and about sprites, I think there wont be too much changes. I like FR graphics, so I'll edit only when necessary.
Yes, I like FR/LG graphics too.

But for the male hero OW, you did them wrong. The shading comes from above the sprite, so the top shouldn't have a black outline.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Cause you're supposed to play as Crystal as the female heroine (even though I haven't made sprites for her)
I'll fix the hero right away! See ya later!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Kay then ....

Why not have the rival as the other hero/ine?

Or is that too much of a problem?

And also, Trainer Carlos (you): is he meant to have a johto starter that is more powerful than yours, or do you just like Squirtle?

And good luck with Crystal!

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
this looks like a good hack. If you need any help, I'll be here to help.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Man, thats got to be the best one iv'e ever seen. I got goosebumps just looking at it.
One question though. Why does everbody make hacks out of fire red, never leaf green?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
I haven't gotten very far at all, but this game is too awesome for words! Just a few problems: The large sprites of Kenta and Silver still show Red and Green, the title screen doesn't show (it's still FR's screen), and, as said before, there are invisible road blocks... Also, the trees and houses can normally be walked under, but only the top tiles. You didn't allow walking behind trees or houses at all... Anyway, great job, and good luck completing it! :)

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
maybe you should shift the tower over a few pixels to center it if you can.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2010
wooow really looks great,really it is incredible,good tiles,good maps,good palletes ,cool^^
i like it^^

Years
I really like this hack so far, but some glitches really stress the fact that you used a FR rom, and it can get kind of annoying, but as i know, you just started and will probably get all the bugs out, which will make the final release the best Pokemon Gold remake yet,

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
zel, great hack! I really mean it. The scripts are superb man. Alot of people quit on theirs because of the scripting, but Shiny Gold's are awesome. Keep at it man! This hack is great!

Years
Hey zel i have an idea to the pokemon league on your Shiny Gold game,

When you beat the Jhoto league and get all the badges in kanto, along with the option of exploring MT.Silver, there should also be turnaments like in the show, where your in the first battle, and need to battle your way to the finals.. just an idea, and if you do it, you should make custom characters of those who support ShinyGold (Me for example XD) just like you made a custom character like yourself,

One question, can i add you to my friends list? seeing as how i have none. :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
No!

Please don't put custom characters in the game.

It's alright to have your guy in (since it is your game), but they always seem so out of sync, especially if you're making a Gold Remake.

But, as I said, it is your game, so do with it as you wish.

Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
I really really really like this hack its so much fun but how is the phones system thing gonna work?

Years
Lol, it was a suggestion, because i suggested Custom characters because it would be a custom feature, and you would have to make custom characters, unless you copy sprites/scripts and put them into the turnament, but yes, as you said, it's his hack and he shall do what he wishes with it.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
About the player appearing out of thin air and Carlos disappearing the moment I move 3 steps back to New Bark Town, I was talkin' 'bout Route 29, right after I met with Prof Elm. And about the Cherrygrove sign popping out when you reach Cherrygrove, it DOES come out, just that it lasts a short time, so if you jam on SPACEBAR to move around, you won't see it.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Thanks everyone. Pardon me if I don't answer questions in order, it's just that I'm a bit tired at the moment...

Well, first of all. We mustn't be thinking about what'll happen after defeating Kanto (that's thinking too much in the future, anything could happen). If I ever get to that point, the first idea is to add new places, perhaps a new region (since the background story of my character is that "he comes from an unknow region where he was someone powerful and respected", it could mean that region, or maybe Hoenn if I don't add a new region, we'll see. Wait! don't think I'm gonna put Hoenn, please!)
A tournament would mean needing a lot of sprites, but mainly, a lot of trainer spots (where you put which poke they have)
For now, I'll ask, from time to time, and if I feel like it, for someone to post a team, only to be just an ordinary extra trainer with custom sprites, but my restrictions will be high for sure.

I don't plan to make another rival having the remaining poke (it'll have to stay there for a while...)

The phone system for now works only in one direction, to receive calls.

The tower, well, it took me a while to learn to sprite it, so I don't think I'll change it. And the ridges are in the original Gold (perhaps it was supposed to be something else), so I'm putting them here as well (even though I don't know why they are there...)

Oh, I was forgetting another of [ray.z] questions, yeah, I just like Squirtle and Elekid (and their evos, too bad I wont get the new evo of Elec :disappoin ) The rest of my team will be always changing, since I wont be like any other trainer, I like to trade and switch pokes. And, I wont be like any other rival which wins all or loses all, it's gonna be an equilibrated battle to see who can get all pokemon. (Meh, I just talked a lot about myself)

Well, there were some comments about not being able to walk behind houses (behind trees I think you could, but not in certain areas). That's just something I did on purpose. In the original Gold you couldn't, that's why. If it is really annoying, I'll make sure to fix it for next version.

The pics of the heroes in the intro, the unlz-gba doesn't have the offset for them so I'll have to use another tool (anyone does know which tool is better to edit it?, and offsets if needed)

DarkArcz: about the sign of "Cherrygrove Town", it's just because there's one of those walking trigger script (the one for Silver later), and it seems to kill the correct working of the sign. I may move the trigger a step behind, but I don't think that could fix it (it would just last a half second more, probably)
And I'm still confused about which trainer appears out of thin air (surely its because of the hour I'm writing this text). Is Carlos appearing out of thin air?. Are you able to post a screenshot? (help, confused!)

I need to go to sleep, with a bit of luck tomorrow I'll post again. But another hard and busy week is coming, so let's hope everything goes OK. See ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back