The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM
hobohunter
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
I really really really like this hack its so much fun but how is the phones system thing gonna work?
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Nature: Adamant
Lol, it was a suggestion, because i suggested Custom characters because it would be a custom feature, and you would have to make custom characters, unless you copy sprites/scripts and put them into the turnament, but yes, as you said, it's his hack and he shall do what he wishes with it.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 24th, 2006, 08:15 PM
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

About the player appearing out of thin air and Carlos disappearing the moment I move 3 steps back to New Bark Town, I was talkin' 'bout Route 29, right after I met with Prof Elm. And about the Cherrygrove sign popping out when you reach Cherrygrove, it DOES come out, just that it lasts a short time, so if you jam on SPACEBAR to move around, you won't see it.

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Old September 24th, 2006, 08:39 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Thanks everyone. Pardon me if I don't answer questions in order, it's just that I'm a bit tired at the moment...

Well, first of all. We mustn't be thinking about what'll happen after defeating Kanto (that's thinking too much in the future, anything could happen). If I ever get to that point, the first idea is to add new places, perhaps a new region (since the background story of my character is that "he comes from an unknow region where he was someone powerful and respected", it could mean that region, or maybe Hoenn if I don't add a new region, we'll see. Wait! don't think I'm gonna put Hoenn, please!)
A tournament would mean needing a lot of sprites, but mainly, a lot of trainer spots (where you put which poke they have)
For now, I'll ask, from time to time, and if I feel like it, for someone to post a team, only to be just an ordinary extra trainer with custom sprites, but my restrictions will be high for sure.

I don't plan to make another rival having the remaining poke (it'll have to stay there for a while...)

The phone system for now works only in one direction, to receive calls.

The tower, well, it took me a while to learn to sprite it, so I don't think I'll change it. And the ridges are in the original Gold (perhaps it was supposed to be something else), so I'm putting them here as well (even though I don't know why they are there...)

Oh, I was forgetting another of [ray.z] questions, yeah, I just like Squirtle and Elekid (and their evos, too bad I wont get the new evo of Elec ) The rest of my team will be always changing, since I wont be like any other trainer, I like to trade and switch pokes. And, I wont be like any other rival which wins all or loses all, it's gonna be an equilibrated battle to see who can get all pokemon. (Meh, I just talked a lot about myself)

Well, there were some comments about not being able to walk behind houses (behind trees I think you could, but not in certain areas). That's just something I did on purpose. In the original Gold you couldn't, that's why. If it is really annoying, I'll make sure to fix it for next version.

The pics of the heroes in the intro, the unlz-gba doesn't have the offset for them so I'll have to use another tool (anyone does know which tool is better to edit it?, and offsets if needed)

DarkArcz: about the sign of "Cherrygrove Town", it's just because there's one of those walking trigger script (the one for Silver later), and it seems to kill the correct working of the sign. I may move the trigger a step behind, but I don't think that could fix it (it would just last a half second more, probably)
And I'm still confused about which trainer appears out of thin air (surely its because of the hour I'm writing this text). Is Carlos appearing out of thin air?. Are you able to post a screenshot? (help, confused!)

I need to go to sleep, with a bit of luck tomorrow I'll post again. But another hard and busy week is coming, so let's hope everything goes OK. See ya!
Old September 24th, 2006, 08:54 PM
whoamifooling
Beginning Trainer

I played the beta it was really fun!
Old September 24th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Hey Zel thanks for making things clear for most people, and im sure youll get up to past Kanto,

And for the new region, i agree that it should be from the unknown region of your character, perhaps you can use the sevii islands? unless you are using them for something, and one more suggestion.. i think your character should also have some new pokemon, like for example, instead of fighting the hero with a weak squirtle (which also makes us wonder, how did he get there without dying from the pokemon in the wild), it should be like, a lv.5 Munchlax or something, if you could do it, and if you DO put new pokemon, make them restricted to you, because it would make the hero eager to travel to your unknown region, and want to battle you more,

sorry, i just have soo much ideas, and i have no idea how to script.. if i knew how to, man id make a really good game, eheh.. im also good at mapping, even tho im a newb at it, lol,

This is off topic, but ill show a pic of route 1 that i changed:

i hope it worked!

One last question.. can i add you to my friend's list?

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 25th, 2006, 05:32 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Well, I finally understood which trainer DarkArcz was refering to. (a NPC wearing some brown shirt, not?) Yeah, the reason why it mysteriously appears is something out of my control. It's because of something about the conection between maps. The only thing I could do to prevent it is to move the NPCs a few tiles away, so they'd appear normally. However, doing so would mean that I'm not respecting their positions as in the original Gold. Everything this means that I wont change them, so they'll keep on appearing "magically".
Oh, and about Carlos dissapearing, I've already fiexed that.

To put Sudo I need to change a sprite, I need to know if there's a poke unnused or something else, so I'll wait a while.

And I'm using the islands to build Johto, as I dont want to touch Kanto (if there's ever a new region, I'll have to add new maps, I suppose). And I dont want to add new pokes (there's plenty hacks with new pokes, so if you want to catch or battle them, I'd suggest to play them)
On a side note, battling with a weak Squirtle doesn't mean that Squirtle is my only poke at the beggining. (probably I have something else from that region which knows Surf, and once in Johto I'll send that to the PC)
Old September 25th, 2006, 10:42 AM
ssj
Kanto Legend

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ssj
This hack is amazing scripting must be hard maybe you should add in a town from the orre region(pokemon colusseum and XD).
Old September 25th, 2006, 12:18 PM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
To put Sudo I need to change a sprite, I need to know if there's a poke unnused or something else, so I'll wait a while.
There's an OW of Celebi that's never used in FR. You could use that as Sudowoodo if you don't plan on using Celebi.

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old September 25th, 2006, 12:22 PM
scf
Beginning Trainer

I could make an overworld of sudowoodo if you want
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:15 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Animating?:\

It would have to be a common poke, I don't want to touch legendaries since I want to have them. I'm not planning to replace any poke yet, so wait a bit for any OW contribution, thanks anyway.

I'm going back into scripting, which is what I really enjoy doing. See ya later!
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:55 PM
alexmad
Beginning Trainer

hey brother your if that you enjoy the good pleasures script just as I it follows thus you go very well exelente diria I

hey hermano tu si que gozas los buenos placeres del script igual que yo sigue asi vas muy bien exelente diria yo
Old September 26th, 2006, 12:55 PM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Perhaps you could use the Doduo OW for Sudowoodo?
Great job with the scripts, I'm amazed at the accuracy of each event! (I have noticed a few problems, though, i.e. when Earl spins around, so do you o.O) Good luck finishing, zel!

Poke my eggs?
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:47 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Wow, there haven't been posts lately...
Anyway, in case you wondered I'm still at Ecruteak (it's taking me more than expected). However I only have few work to finish it (I've already done the Gym and the Burned Tower. I love the event with the legendary dogs, or whatever you name'em), so the heavy part of Ecrutak is done. That means today I'll finish it and start with the Routes to Olivine (which, hopefully will need less time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lucario View Post
Perhaps you could use the Doduo OW for Sudowoodo?
Great job with the scripts, I'm amazed at the accuracy of each event! (I have noticed a few problems, though, i.e. when Earl spins around, so do you o.O) Good luck finishing, zel!
Thanks for the comments, I really want my scripts to be as close as possible. And about the Earl thing, I did it on purpose, cause I thought I would be funny... :D
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Ya zel, your doing better then prolly anyone expected, and were all behind you every step of the way,

btw do you have a banner supporting your rom? I would love to support it, lol

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 27th, 2006, 12:55 PM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Oh, as a joke, OK. *a moment's silence...* ROFL!

Poke my eggs?

Last edited by SephirothX; September 27th, 2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old September 27th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Pikachu_Charizard
Swellow

It looks nice and it`s good to know you might be adding extra places.
The patch doesn`t work but I`ll try again.

Credit To Nova
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu_Charizard View Post
It looks nice and it`s good to know you might be adding extra places.
The patch doesn`t work but I`ll try again.
Do you know how to patch?

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old September 28th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Pikachu_Charizard
Swellow

Yes,it worked on RijonAdventures.

Credit To Nova
Old September 28th, 2006, 05:29 AM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

OK, make sure you're using a clean FireRed ROM.

Poke my eggs?
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Green Charizard
pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Green Charizard
Bellsprout Tower looks great! I suggest you use thesame tiles for burned tower - with a slight edit and the one with Ho-oh

Old September 28th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Hey, out of curiosity, are you gonna put the Time Machine in.

I know it can't serve any usefullness, but just have it there to serve as a bit of nostalgia.

Actually, if it ain't there, then what's Bill gonna fix?
Old September 29th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Quote:
Actually, if it ain't there, then what's Bill gonna fix?
The R/S trade system. That would work as a plot filler.

Nice hack Zel. I'm enjoying playing the beta through. Keep up the good work!
Old September 29th, 2006, 05:36 AM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

I don't think so. Any Time Machine would need a LOT of scripting work, and as the game stands right now, you start out with the National Dex, so it's always possible to trade to any of FR/LG/R/S/E.

Poke my eggs?
Old September 29th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
No, I never said that you'd be able to use it ... but just to have it there, for decoration really.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here