The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 3rd, 2006 (06:03 PM).
RKO1125
Beginning Trainer

I think we can all wait that long. As long as we know this hack is still going strong, that's all we need.....Or at least that's how I feel.
Old October 3rd, 2006 (11:08 PM).
..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..
This is called 'YOU SUCK'

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ..:i n n e r_宇 宙:.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..
If it takes you a week and a half to do it, then I'm not interested...

Not.

If it takes a week, and a half, that's too little! You should revise some more stuff, make sure it all fits perfectly, blah blah blah. (In short, be a perfectionist. It saves you from being tormented by people who complain about glitches too much. Like me)

And hopefully, you can release more pictures, info, etc. etc.

Well, good luck so far!

From,
~TheRoad
Old October 3rd, 2006 (11:17 PM).
calumoh
686578206D616E696163

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to calumoh
wow i love it nice job!
i cant wait for the finished version...
its gonna be better than official games at this rate...
Old October 3rd, 2006 (11:28 PM).
LiquidR
I am the shadow on the moon at night

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LiquidR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoad View Post
If it takes you a week and a half to do it, then I'm not interested...

Not.

If it takes a week, and a half, that's too little! You should revise some more stuff, make sure it all fits perfectly, blah blah blah. (In short, be a perfectionist. It saves you from being tormented by people who complain about glitches too much. Like me)

And hopefully, you can release more pictures, info, etc. etc.

Well, good luck so far!

From,
~TheRoad

he was talking about his studies, TheRoad.

Anyways keep up te good work Zel
Old October 4th, 2006 (05:30 AM).
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Good luck with your busy schedule. KUTAW, Zel!

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old October 4th, 2006 (11:43 AM).
videogamer939
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Sup Son youll be god if u finish this cant wait for the next BETA

a member of Nintendo

Bye
Old October 4th, 2006 (02:06 PM).
Pikachu_Charizard
Swellow

People aren`t that gullible.
Anyway nice work.

Credit To Nova
Old October 4th, 2006 (09:32 PM).
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
It's a Gold Remake, so he should be including Kanto (which he actually is doing). Moreover, he's actually said that he's leaving Kanto untouched and is creating Johto from the Islands, so yeah.

Well I don't know what you mean by the Celebi event (the Ilex forest encounter by use of GS Ball?), but I believe that you are referring to the Suicine event/s in Crystal. If so, well, that is in Crystal, so I don't see how that could be the case.

I guess zel should be answering this though ;

And what about the Mantine and Hitmonchan?

Also, why do you always yabber on going "blah, blah, blah"? If there is something else to say, then just say it. If not, then there is really no need to yabber
Old October 4th, 2006 (09:38 PM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ..:i n n e r_宇 宙:.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..
Bah. It's only because I can't think of anything else to say. Hey, wait a minute, have you been spying on me?

But those are just examples of events, and objects, items, things you may receive (maybe TERU-SAMA can finally be useful!)...

OK, so he is leaving Kanto untouched. So just implementing how many Pokemon? 256, maybe? Who knows?

Hope (again, again, again! I'm getting sick of praising everybody so many times, LOL, but just kidding, this hack is special. LOL) you with the best of luck.

From,
~TheRoad

PS: If it really bothers you, [ray.z], then I won't do 'blah blah blah' anymore. I'll just do kekekekeke, from now on. LOL.

Actually, someone should really be getting back into the main topic now *sweatdrop*
Old October 4th, 2006 (10:31 PM).
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Quote:
Anywho, he also said that he's implementing all 386 pokemon. They are also very hard to find also .. but I managed to find a lone Roselia It was quite a lucky find too, seeing as I haven't seen one since.
I found a lone Wurmple (Woohoo, shame I didn't have any Pokéballs yet) going from Cherrygrove to Mr. Pokémon's house. I think it is a nice addition being able to catch all the pokémon.

Here's hoping for Kanto. The train from Saffron City would probably be a pain to do.

Old October 5th, 2006 (05:20 AM).
theotherfreakyguy
aka Satan

Nature: Quirky
This hack is very good! Also, when the second beta comes out, do I have to patch it to a clean fire red, or can i patch it to the beta 1 patched one?
Old October 5th, 2006 (05:38 AM).
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
You'll have to patch it to a new clean ROM.
I'm amazed (and still incredulous) that Nintendo's watching this. It'd be awesome to see G/S/C remade for DS, but until then, this will do. BTW, if you want, I could help you with tiles, Zel. (Make it look a bit more like G/S by revamping those tiles?) KUTAW!

Poke my eggs?
Old October 5th, 2006 (07:32 AM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ray.z] View Post
It's a Gold Remake, so he should be including Kanto (which he actually is doing). Moreover, he's actually said that he's leaving Kanto untouched and is creating Johto from the Islands, so yeah.

Well I don't know what you mean by the Celebi event (the Ilex forest encounter by use of GS Ball?), but I believe that you are referring to the Suicine event/s in Crystal. If so, well, that is in Crystal, so I don't see how that could be the case.

And what about the Mantine and Hitmonchan?
Well, I dont know what was the original question you are answering, [ray.z]. Some of the answers seem to fit what I'd answer. I want to have all legendaries, if possible. That means I'd need ways to catch them. Celebi's way seem to be easy to implement, so I could do it in that way. And about Suicune, I doubt I could do it in the original Gold way, so I have another way of get it (and their friends).

Mantine and Hitmonchan? What about'em?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoad View Post
But those are just examples of events, and objects, items, things you may receive (maybe TERU-SAMA can finally be useful!)...

OK, so he is leaving Kanto untouched. So just implementing how many Pokemon? 256, maybe? Who knows?
What is TERU-SAMA?. Just wondering...

I want this to have all pokes, that's why Hoenn poke show up (but I made them extremely hard to find, just because the main deal is that this is a gold remake, finding Hoenn poke is just a little add-in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico Marini View Post
I found a lone Wurmple (Woohoo, shame I didn't have any Pokéballs yet) going from Cherrygrove to Mr. Pokémon's house. I think it is a nice addition being able to catch all the pokémon.

Here's hoping for Kanto. The train from Saffron City would probably be a pain to do.
Part of it was just answered (you were lucky/unlucky). The train warping you to Kanto is not a problem. The problem would be to "show up" the train transporting you to Kanto. I know about the boat thing, but how could I edit the whole scene? Anyway, it's an event a bit farther ahead.

Probably, I'll get some free time this weekend, so I could finally reach the Olivine City (another thing I wanted to say, I plan next beta to just show the basic Olivine City, so you wont be able to enter the lighthouse this time, sorry)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot theotherfreakyguy's question. But Dark Lucario's right, you'd need to patch it again to a clean FR rom (and play it again, I'm always fixing and changing things)
Old October 5th, 2006 (08:39 AM).
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Well, I dont know what was the original question you are answering, [ray.z]. Some of the answers seem to fit what I'd answer. I want to have all legendaries, if possible. That means I'd need ways to catch them. Celebi's way seem to be easy to implement, so I could do it in that way. And about Suicune, I doubt I could do it in the original Gold way, so I have another way of get it (and their friends).

Mantine and Hitmonchan? What about'em?

What is TERU-SAMA?. Just wondering...

I want this to have all pokes, that's why Hoenn poke show up (but I made them extremely hard to find, just because the main deal is that this is a gold remake, finding Hoenn poke is just a little add-in)

Part of it was just answered (you were lucky/unlucky). The train warping you to Kanto is not a problem. The problem would be to "show up" the train transporting you to Kanto. I know about the boat thing, but how could I edit the whole scene? Anyway, it's an event a bit farther ahead.

Probably, I'll get some free time this weekend, so I could finally reach the Olivine City (another thing I wanted to say, I plan next beta to just show the basic Olivine City, so you wont be able to enter the lighthouse this time, sorry)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot theotherfreakyguy's question. But Dark Lucario's right, you'd need to patch it again to a clean FR rom (and play it again, I'm always fixing and changing things)

the teru-sama is the original gs ball only found in pokemon gold and silver
Old October 5th, 2006 (10:51 AM).
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Actually, it's only found in the Japanese Crystal Version. If you get the GS Ball (Teru-Sama) from the lottery in Crystal, you can take it to Kurt for a day, then get it back and go to the shrine in the Ilex Forest. A Celebi will appear. In the English version, the prize was changed to a Master Ball, making the event impossible to find, but a GameShark can activate the Celebi event for English versions.
I think it would be neat for you to include the GS Ball (with that name, not TERU-SAMA) by some other event besides the lottery (too hard!) and include the Celebi event that was obscured from America.

Poke my eggs?
Old October 5th, 2006 (12:34 PM).
videogamer939
Beginning Trainer

I hope you succeed Son

Nintendo
Old October 5th, 2006 (07:14 PM).
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

TERU-SAMA is some useless junk that players got when they tried to shark out a GS ball(which doesn't exist in the english version)It serves no real purpose 'cept for selling, since it can't trigger the Celebi event. And why can't you make Suicune appear like the old Gold? Surely FireRed can allow such a thing, after all, Suicune/Raikou/Entei do appear in the game. Unless you meant you couldn't do it the Crystal way?

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Old October 5th, 2006 (07:59 PM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArcz View Post
TERU-SAMA is some useless junk that players got when they tried to shark out a GS ball(which doesn't exist in the english version)It serves no real purpose 'cept for selling, since it can't trigger the Celebi event. And why can't you make Suicune appear like the old Gold? Surely FireRed can allow such a thing, after all, Suicune/Raikou/Entei do appear in the game. Unless you meant you couldn't do it the Crystal way?
Ah, I seem to remember about TERU-SAMA, I think I got it by playing with a gameshark code a while ago...

Well, I havent really played FR so much, so I didn't know how the event with the legendaries work. They run in the wild, as they did in Gold? And, second, where the event with the legendaries is triggered?

Anyway, I could try to research the event where you set them free (I do remember you can only have one, based on your starting pokemon, though). If it's possible to make ALL of them run wild by using a script, I'll do it. Otherwise, it would requiere some extreme hacking, a thing I cant afford. Thus, finding another way to get them (I've been thinking of a few cool new ways!)
Old October 5th, 2006 (08:13 PM). Edited October 5th, 2006 by DarkArcz.
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

They do run wild like Gold, and I don't exactly remember how, but its after beating the League, thats for sure. You don't have to script them to run around all over the place, infact, it would be easier for all of us if they kept themselves on the ground for more then a second or two. However, how are you gonna stop them from escaping? OK, so you can modify they're move set so they won't use roar, but all of them can flee, and if you made them a once in a lifetime kinda pokemon, one wrong slip and they're gone forever.

I have a suggestion though, why don't you add all the 3 legendaries into every map in the game, but with low % of appearance, like around 1% or 2%? It would imitate the rarity of the legendaries, the random and by chance encounter while you're exploring someplace. Just a suggestion.

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Old October 5th, 2006 (10:35 PM).
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Quote:
f it's possible to make ALL of them run wild by using a script, I'll do it.
I know nothing about scripting but couldn't you look at Latios/Latias event in R/S? I thought they randomly appeared similar to the the Legendaries.

You could always have them hidden like Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres if it isn't possible to have them randomly appear.

Old October 5th, 2006 (11:33 PM).

Wasn't there an event in Pokemon FireRed that allowed you to catch those Pokemon, once you beat the game and had sufficient criteria? Or Pokemon Emerald? I do seem to recall an advance game that had that ability. Then maybe you could just leave it...

...or I may be wrong.

Anyways, let's hear more info, please! (Forget Teru-Sama, just example... as usual)

And hopefully this hack will be one of the completed hacks, when the time comes.

Until then,
~TheRoad
Old October 6th, 2006 (11:43 AM).
Red1530

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArcz View Post
Are you refering to only to Gold and Silver because in the US verson of Crystal you can get the GS Ball with a Gameshark.

On topic: But the GS Ball event in the game.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Old October 6th, 2006 (12:50 PM).
videogamer939
Beginning Trainer

YOU CAN DO IT !!!

By
Nintendo
Old October 6th, 2006 (06:02 PM).
DarkArcz
The Cloaked Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1530 View Post
Are you refering to only to Gold and Silver because in the US verson of Crystal you can get the GS Ball with a Gameshark.

On topic: But the GS Ball event in the game.
Yea Im talkin' about Gold & Silver , though the Celebi event shouldn't have been translated in the english version for Crystal at all if they din't want people to get Celebi from Nintendo events.Doesn't make sense to translate the event if you're not gonna have any normal way to activate it. Come to think of it, is the USA Celebi event even in english? Or is it some messed up text in jap?

Quote:
YOU CAN DO IT !!!

By
Nintendo
You work for Nintendo,videogamer939?

Hacks I support
Spoiler:

Clubs I'm in
Spoiler:

Old October 6th, 2006 (06:13 PM).
scf
Beginning Trainer

it is in english. The event happens in english when you go to the event.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links