The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 21st, 2006, 04:52 PM
flipboi
The Primetime of my Life

yeh, i made the other video!!!

hey zel, you know that stone on that route between new bark town and cheryygrove? when i clicked a on it, it froze the game!!! check part 2 of ur hack to see! ( i cant post the url, dont have enough post :/)
Old October 21st, 2006, 09:16 PM
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Good luck.
Olivine Lighthouse is one of my favorite locations because of the Ampharos, which is one of my favorite Pokemon. I'm sure you'll do great on it.

By the way... do you get the running shoes at a point?
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:54 PM
Blackandy
Rock On!

Send a message via AIM to Blackandy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blackandy
This hack has got lots of potential. Can't wait for the light house zel

Old October 22nd, 2006, 01:29 AM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Nature: Calm
I was wondering about the Running Shoes as well. It'd be cool to have them, even if it didn't appear in the original GSC games, including the VS Seeker you get at the beginning instead of the Gear. Oh, and you're progressing greatly compared to other GSC remakes from what I read This is actually the first Advance generation game that keeps me playing. The others are becomming pretty boring after some time. I've never understood Nintendo on why they didn't continued with the Johto games, so please don't give up on this, zel!

Diamond team: Rhydon - Infernape - Pachirisu - Pidgeot - Dewgong - Bellossom
Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar

Last edited by martijn; October 22nd, 2006 at 02:06 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:22 AM
Enrico Marini
Resident Evil Hacker

Looks like its coming along well. Keep up the good work.

Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:33 AM
Plateface
Booted out - don't be like me!

ive honeslty had enough of kanto. keep the focus on johto, it deserves it. looking very nice, cant wait to play it when its ready. *gives 5 thumbs up* lol.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:11 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboi View Post
yeh, i made the other video!!!

hey zel, you know that stone on that route between new bark town and cheryygrove? when i clicked a on it, it froze the game!!! check part 2 of ur hack to see! ( i cant post the url, dont have enough post :/)
Seen your second video, once again, funny comments. By the way, you should have read my first post, it includes the list of glitches you'll find through the game. (it's not updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
By the way... do you get the running shoes at a point?
Hmmm... Still not decided on when to give the player the running shoes (I was thinking on winning them from somewhere. Perhaps some hidden event?)

Anyway, I'll post a few screenshots. It's Goldenrod's time!

I've finished mapping the Lighthouse, I've changed a few tiles (I've used a few tiles from the original Gold), and done the warps, so you can fall into the holes and all that. All that's left is to put the trainers, and Jasmine and Ampha at the top.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:28 AM
scf
Beginning Trainer

awesome I can't wait for the next beta which sounds like it is going to be soon
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:37 AM
Red1530

Nature: Bold
Nice screenshots and the video was great.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:35 AM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Goldenrod looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when playing it
Do you expect to release a new beta (somewhere) next week, zel? I've got a week off from school next week so I could test it

Btw, why doesn't anyone take notice from my posts? Am I that unclear in what I write?

Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:56 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Nature: Adamant
I did a little research into the overworld sprites and I discovered that when you talk to one it doesnt show its side or back sprite
Old October 22nd, 2006, 08:25 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martijn View Post
Goldenrod looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when playing it
Do you expect to release a new beta (somewhere) next week, zel? I've got a week off from school next week so I could test it
Unfortunately, till I dont reach my second goal, I wont release a beta (and I'm pretty determinated about that aspect). But expect to see it next month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sena82 View Post
I did a little research into the overworld sprites and I discovered that when you talk to one it doesnt show its side or back sprite
Huh? Are you refering to the original Gold, right?. But this is advanced, man. I'll put its back and sides as well. (Anyway, I've sprited the Miltank's side myself, and I've edited yours front to make the back. That's finished)
Old October 22nd, 2006, 08:28 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Unfortunately, till I dont reach my second goal, I wont release a beta (and I'm pretty determinated about that aspect). But expect to see it next month!

Huh? Are you refering to the original Gold, right?. But this is advanced, man. I'll put its back and sides as well. (Anyway, I've sprited the Miltank's side myself, and I've edited yours front to make the back. That's finished)
Nope I am referring to FR/LG
Old October 22nd, 2006, 08:33 AM
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum

Quote:
Okay then (Just don't forget to backup it regulary )

Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:10 PM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Zel,I think it would be better to post your updated screens at the front of this thread aswell.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:37 PM
zak
xpert trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zak
Nice Remake zel , 1 question , did u make the overworld of farfetched? or was it already there? i ask because i realy need someone good at overworld editing to help me for my hack , poekemon london , anyways Good luk wiv the hack,
Old October 22nd, 2006, 01:18 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

There, updated my first post. Probably I'll remove most of the old screenshots (since the beta's already out). But not right now (I'm just caring about people with 56k connection)

martijn: There's no need to panic, I've learned to backup quite often (You never knew, but I had like three times one of those serious crashes in my hacking before I even posted the thread. So right now, I'm extremely careful). Let's hope all goes well, anyway.

zak: I havent done anything with Farfetch'd (its not even a Farfetch'd, its a Fearow ). I'm not a good spriter, as you'll see as soon as I post my Miltank side sprite (well, not that is that bad). So, good luck finding one!
Old October 22nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
dipset4ever
Pokemon Hacker in the Making

OMG, those new screens are freakin cool

GO SHINY GOLD, GO!!!! HACK OF THE YEAR lol
Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:26 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Hate to tell you this man, really hate to tell you this... but i've noticed a few mistakes that a noob to mapping would notice...
Old October 22nd, 2006, 03:49 PM
dipset4ever
Pokemon Hacker in the Making

really? why dont you show us?
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:21 PM
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Chill Commander X View Post
Hate to tell you this man, really hate to tell you this... but i've noticed a few mistakes that a noob to mapping would notice...
Like what?

He did say he'd alter them a little, so the old guides wouldn't help...
Old October 23rd, 2006, 03:38 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

I found a johto badge set

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2...adgesetuz4.png
Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:15 AM
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Chill Commander X View Post
Y'know he isn't focused on the graphics all that much, he's more foccused on the actual gameplay, the scripting, which he really excels at and is really prominent at doing.

I don't think anyone else who played this game actually cares enough to call him a noob. It's a great hack none the less, and you should appreciate what he's doing.

Anywho, he said he's touched up the maps anyway.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 05:17 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Dont like the word "noob" (not too sure about how you use it, guys, but I didnt feel it good), so thats all I'm going to comment. Besides, [ray.z] already said what I had to say. Just remember to read my first post (I suggest the section that's called "Introduction")

OK, back on track. More screenshots!

There's still plenty Goldenrod screenshots. And, oops! It seems like I spoiled a bit, you know where, right?

And, sena82, I had the badges in already, but thanks!

And... since this thread's getting heavier, I think I may add a new section into my first post: FAQs, where I'll put your frequent questions, which will help me to not keep repeating answers (I'm feeling creative, right now). Is it ok?

Well, that's all. Back to study, see ya!

[EDIT]: Hey, I just remembered something!, I see many people saying "I support Shiny Gold" (thanks!). If you guys want to have a banner (I'm not a fan of banners myself), someone good at it could make one?. I'd like a small banner, not too simple. I dont know how to handle banners, though (since... well, I already said it). That's really all!

Last edited by zel 2.0; October 23rd, 2006 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Want to make a banner?
Old October 23rd, 2006, 05:26 AM
Crystal ALpha-Star+
back

Quote:
Dont like the word "noob" (not too sure about how you use it, guys, but I didnt feel it good), so thats all I'm going to comment. Besides, [ray.z] already said what I had to say. Just remember to read my first post (I suggest the section that's called "Introduction")

OK, back on track. More screenshots!

There's still plenty Goldenrod screenshots. And, oops! It seems like I spoiled a bit, you know where, right?

And, sena82, I had the badges in already, but thanks!

And... since this thread's getting heavier, I think I may add a new section into my first post: FAQs, where I'll put your frequent questions, which will help me to not keep repeating answers (I'm feeling creative, right now). Is it ok?

Well, that's all. Back to study, see ya!

nice screens,

and zel after the game is scripted are you gonna update the houses and maps and maybe import some GSC music.

Last edited by Crystal ALpha-Star+; October 23rd, 2006 at 09:45 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links