• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I'm no expert at Photoshopping but this is my try for a banner (replace the 'h-t-t-p' part of the link with 'http') :)
What do you guys think of it?
h-t-t-p://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8585/shinygoldmr3.png
(credit to sena82 for the Ho-oh image)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Zel,I have to ask you,is scripting really hard because you make it look easy

and is it possible to script a pokegear into the game

Last edited:

fedex_sc_14

FeDeX
Years
Wow!
Zel each day i exited about your hack!
is very Good!!!
The screenshots are wonderful!!
Well, Bye and Good Luck!If you want some help you have my msn!

Bye Bye!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
hey zel! i made another video! ill post the link soon! and your screens are reakin awesome! espcially the barber shot! how the heck do you script so good man!

hey check out my sig!

img163.imageshack.us/img163/2488/goldgl4.png (just put www before the link)

EDIT: heres the link (just put www before it, cant post url right now

youtube.com/watch?v=K-S_cGKTqCg

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I'm back! Have you noticed I updated my first post?. If not, go check it out!

Maybe you should go to the Graphics & Photography section and request a banner to be made there.

I personally suggest that you use Loveless Graphics </3.

Cause I think that you could get some Manga panels that have Gold and Ho-oh in them, or maybe you could use some Sugimori or official art of them two in the banner.

Hey!, I've seen Loveless work, and it's awesome!, so I'll go see if they help me.

I'm no expert at Photoshopping but this is my try for a banner (replace the 'h-t-t-p' part of the link with 'http') :)
What do you guys think of it?
h-t-t-p://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8585/shinygoldmr3.png
(credit to sena82 for the Ho-oh image)

Thanks, you should see your banner in my first post (Je!, I've even seen the banner in a few people's sigs, good work!)

Zel,I have to ask you,is scripting really hard because you make it look easy

and is it possible to script a pokegear into the game

Uhmmm... Scripting is easy to me because 1) I'm studiying the "C" language, and I'm getting that "programmer mind", so it's not hard to figure it out, and 2) I've used RPG Maker for quite some time, so I'm familiarized with flags, variables, commands and the like.
About a PokeGear (this is just speculation), we can change tiles, we can use flags and variables, we can have events execute different things. So it's the basic stuff RPG Maker needed to do a "custom menu", but then again, perhaps in a hack is more complicated... We'll see in the future...

The Map is sorta weird?
It says stuff like Cherrygrove CIty but the map itself is similar to the Sevil Islands??

No, it's not weird, it's perfect! Cause I havent changed it, yet!

hey zel! i made another video! ill post the link soon! and your screens are reakin awesome! espcially the barber shot! how the heck do you script so good man!

hey check out my sig!

img163.imageshack.us/img163/2488/goldgl4.png (just put www before the link)

EDIT: heres the link (just put www before it, cant post url right now

youtube.com/watch?v=K-S_cGKTqCg

Seen the third vid, well, it has a certain relation with my previous answer (about the map thing). You scared me a bit at the beginning, though.
I've uploaded your banner, it's a bit big, but it's good for people to have more options. Thanks!

With all that taken care of, I upload a few more screenshots:

image26cq0.png
image28em8.png
image29da1.png

Note1: Radio-visio is just another (maybe a bit dumb) name for the teachy-tv. I'd like to modify it to make it more interesting in the future, hmmm...
Note2: Why does Goldenrod had so many floors!!!???, I had to hex a bit to be able to make an elevator which could go to every floor! (it doesnt move or make sounds, but it takes you to your destination)

Quite tired, I did many things in a few minutes. Gotta rest a bit, see ya!

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Good to know that people like my sig :)
And you're really amazing with scripting! Wish I had the patience to learn the 'C' language(s) but I'm better with PHP coding....
Edit:
In your first post find:
Q: How about third generation poke?
A: Nope. There should be enough poke to have enough fun.
and replace with:
Q: How about fourth generation poke?
A: Nope. There should be enough poke to have enough fun.

(right?)
Edit 2:
In Crystal, at Route 36, there is a patch of grass wich wasn't in G/S, but could you perhaps add that aswell?
See the attached image to see what it looks like and:
serebii.net/gs/Walkthrough/18-route36.shtml
for the Pokemon that appear.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
Not my best work but I haven't worked with sprites before this...

img247.imageshack.us/img247/4041/shinygolddg9.png

As usual can't post a URL cause I'm a bit of a lurker. Hope you like it. Good luck with the hack and I can't wait for the next beta.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
martijn: one, two, three, OH! That's right... fixed!
About the patch of grass, no, I dont want to. We must try to stick to Gold as much as we can.

Whisme: thanks for the banner, I like its size. And a new banner's always welcome!

OK, time to finish Goldenrod's screenshots. Good bye Goldenrod!

image30hm8.png
image31xq5.png
image32mx1.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
um zel,have you tried examining the scripts in pokemon gold and porting them in your hack.and it is possible to revamp GSC music and add them

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
About the patch of grass, no, I dont want to. We must try to stick to Gold as much as we can.

I know you want to stick to Gold as much as possible, but it seemed to me like a good fill up of unused space. I mean, it gives the route functions other than just a pass-trough (Goldenrod City, Mahogany Town, Azalea Town).

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
I know you want to stick to Gold as much as possible, but it seemed to me like a good fill up of unused space. I mean, it gives the route functions other than just a pass-trough (Goldenrod City, Mahogany Town, Azalea Town).

IMO he will need all the space he can get,because he is doing 2 regions and zel,what tools are using for this hack

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
IMO he will need all the space he can get,because he is doing 2 regions and zel,what tools are using for this hack

A rom can be expanded as much as you want it to.
And he's atleast using AdvanceMap (read that somewhere in this thread), and a hexeditor(?).
Edit: My new trainer card shows my current SG team :)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
um zel,have you tried examining the scripts in pokemon gold and porting them in your hack.and it is possible to revamp GSC music and add them

Dont really know how to examine them, but they are expected to be different (maybe Jeremy could tell), and so, impossible to port them. Anyway, I think I'm doing a good job, just by playing the original and creating the scripts to recreate them with the tools available.
I dont know about revamping music, I've seen Green Charizard and Sugimori (and Wolt seems to know about this as well) putting new music. So I wonder if I could be able too. Anyway, not a priority right now (I thought this was in the FAQ, right?)

zel,what tools are using for this hack

Speaking of tools: AdvanceMap, Scripted, an hex-editor (Thingy), PET, UNLZ, Tile Molester, Overworld Sprite Editor (Rebirth Edition), and sometimes Advance-Text. That's all I use for now, probably there's gonna be more.

Of course the first three tools are my life, you should add the most important tool of all : patience, lots and lots of patience...

God of pokemon

Strategic pokemon trainer...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
Wow zel this hack rocks!Keep up the good work.I will proudly support you with all Greece pokemon fans!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Gotta do some other things later, so I'll post the screenshots, and see you tomorrow!

image33kl5.png
image34wt7.png
image35tq0.png
image36ut2.png
image37al5.png

And so, that is the National Park, the Contest is gonna be posted in another post, since I have made a special serie of screenshots, just to show how it looks.

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
it looks great! This hack is one of the best here for sure

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Woah, the park looks great! Did you make the benches yourself? I don't think I've seen them in any other Pkmn game.

لμηιοяאD

Brasilian Greath Trainer
Years
I love this hack the gold version is the best pokemon version ^^
I wish good luck for You and i wait for anoter beta ^^
Cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back