The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

View Poll Results: Do you like School?
Yep!! 8 34.78%
No! 1 4.35%
I have no problem 6 26.09%
I dont like it but i hafta go anyway 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 4th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dizzy
I Love being in school , in the old building , everything about my school , Tan house , the other houses , the core , detentions , prioritie periods , yelling back at teahcer s, fighting kids , I just love school , and i get no homework .

Please join my fan-club. I have no fans

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
No homework, eh? I'd say "lucky", but I wouldn't really mean it. You need homework to get through school properly. Not a ton of it, but you do need it.

Like math. You have to have math homework for practice if anything else. You can't learn math concepts if you don't practice them. You'll just forget unless you have the experience. x_X

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

but we have math 83 minutes straight , plus a math seminar on tuesdays and Math Busters everyother day in homeroom .

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

We've got math for an hour and 15 minutes every day. x_x Even longer since first period is sometimes disrupted.

; Grade 10 math is hard. I brought my math textbook home this weekend to do some questions even though we don't have homework. I only got a 77% on my first test, so I don't want a repeat of that.

tumblrtwitter

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

yep thats how much we have it for , i have it B1 , or B block Red days . For C block i ave classes 113 minutes STRAIGHT , even gym.

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Next year in grade 10 we take B lunch which is 2 full periods and a half period. Break for lunch, then take the other half of the period, then last period. C lunch is in grade 11 and 12 I think. I think it's something like 3 full classes, lunch, then another class. ;_; I'd die.

tumblrtwitter

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Stephanie_
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stephanie_ Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie_
School is okay..or maybe I'm saying that cause I'm popular anyway! I get good grades...I get A's so its not a problem but I'm scared to go to high school! Mainly cause I have to try out for cheerleading again...I get nervous but I am a cheerleader I dunno but I think school is fun depending one the teachers you have!
Old October 4th, 2003, 02:50 PM
latiosspud
Gym Leader

I like my school because I have three periods before lunch and one period after lunch (Except on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday) so it seems short.

"When you live so close together for a year's time and you stay back and they go and don't come back, I think you suffer worse than they do." -William Procter

Two kinds of people are staying on this beach, the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here." -Col. George A. Taylor

"You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it." -Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Tat Thanh)
Old October 4th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

My schedule works like this

A 7:40 am - 9:03 am
B 9:08 am - 10:33 am
C - 10:38 am - 12:39 pm < lunch
D - 12:39 pm - 2:07 pm

all classes except C are 83 minutes ; C is 113

I have History and Foundations on 1 , or red day
I have English and Biology on 2 or White day
I have Gym on Red and Seminar on White
I have Keyboarding D Block everyday until november

IM so repetitive lmao

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

I'm homeschooled, so I don't really go to a school. I did for a little while, and it was cool. Too bad the most popular guy started liking me right before I left. XD
Old October 4th, 2003, 05:08 PM
22sa
ロミオとシンデレ

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleigh
I'm homeschooled, so I don't really go to a school. I did for a little while, and it was cool. Too bad the most popular guy started liking me right before I left. XD
LOL, poor guy.

I like my school, sort of. It offers students lots of optional courses and gives money to many various clubs such as, Anime Club! XD <--- Only place where I get to watch anime, so it's great for me. ^-^;; However, the sanitation needs to be improved though, some washrooms are only but others are just bizzare. x_x;;;

. きみさえ~ いれば
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:24 AM
orange*berry
Has catching up to do...

I'm homeschooled too, so there isn't really that much to like about it. I don't meet any friends, and I get very lonley. Sometimes I take a few classes in a private school. Maybe I'm just too shy to make friends...

-Berrylicous Signature-
My sitey is movin' to this place! ;.;

Let's boogie!
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:58 AM
G-LANCE
Fire and Dragon!!!

Send a message via AIM to G-LANCE Send a message via Yahoo to G-LANCE
i used to be so popular at my old school cause i knew so much about yugioh/pokemon and i had a lot o friends...i constantly remind my parents of that in a feeble attempt to move back to san diego (it's better than korea in every possible aspect), yes im a little bit like stephanie_

now at my new school im semi-popular, mostly with the yugioh crowd, but almost all the guys play it so it's generally 70% of the boys in my grade...the teachers are okay; 1 extremely un-strict teacher, 1 cool teacher, 2 real meanies!>P

OMG i wish i was at my old school...plus we have a dance coming up and if i were at my old school i could get pretty much any girl to go out with me...here however i ripped up my permission slip and i never got to tell the girl i liked back home that i liked her, but i might move back in a couple years so that was probably a good idea...

Thanx sooooo much to MoonLight who did my avatar.
MoonLight=Savior
Don't forget, I'm a MoonLight mindslave @_@

[CENTER][SIZE=1]
Paired up with Fire Master!!!
+=LOVE

Questshippers Unite!
Old October 9th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Raiden Lynx Wolverina
Still Snoop Dogg and DRE

I like the style of the building but hate teachers and all people and food and the head and everyone...

SNAAAKE!!!
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Zento
Mushroom God

My school's okay... The teachers are alright, food's good, and the work ain't so bad.
But, my gawd! The kids there are terrible! They can be very mean sometimes, plus the fact that they're so irritating with this dating stuff. It's only seventh grade. ;; I'm also very shy.

I'd really like to be homeschooled. >.>
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zento
My school's okay... The teachers are alright, food's good, and the work ain't so bad.
But, my gawd! The kids there are terrible! They can be very mean sometimes, plus the fact that they're so irritating with this dating stuff. It's only seventh grade. ;; I'm also very shy.

I'd really like to be homeschooled. >.>
Sadly, 7th grade is "old" for dating in many urban areas. It kind of freaks me out to see people dating so early.

Last year I probably would've given the world to be homeschooled since it would have meant more computer time, but I really like high school, so I don't mind anymore. XD;

tumblrtwitter

Old October 9th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Zento
Mushroom God

Originally Posted by Lightning
Sadly, 7th grade is "old" for dating in many urban areas. It kind of freaks me out to see people dating so early.

Last year I probably would've given the world to be homeschooled since it would have meant more computer time, but I really like high school, so I don't mind anymore. XD;
Am I that sheltered? I haven't even seen this! Then again, I really don't socialize much, but that's just me. :/

High school, eh? I always thought it sounded scary. ;; What kind of school do you go to?
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

It's a Catholic school. ; Even though I don't want to be the least bit religious, I still go because it has an art program which I'm in for Visual Arts. XP We've also got uniforms. But it's mostly just the people I like. ;;

Don't worry. I was sheltered a lot until I moved to Toronto. o_o; I though I was too young to have my ears pierced at age 12 and I was probably one of the only girls in my school (K-8) that didn't have her ears pierced. x_X;; I still don't. XD

tumblrtwitter

Old October 10th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

"Dating" isnt even a word around here , its called going out , Oh how i dread the word Dating.....

Ya people here start going out at 11-13 or 6-7 grade....

Old October 10th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Timbjerr
Makes a Splash!

Nature: Timid
like I said earlier in this thread, my school is ghetto, but if I had never gone there, I would be a big snobby soft white guy right now...(before I attended that school, I was in a snobby magnet school...)

I am glad to say that I just found out that I am in the top 15% of the 11th grade class. My current schedule is as follows:

1st per. Architectural Graphics
2nd per.(A) Precalculus
2nd per.(B) Honors Chemistry
3rd per.(A) English 3
3rd per.(B) AP U.S. History
4th per. Art II Drawing
Old October 16th, 2003, 08:12 AM
John Denver
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to John Denver Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to John Denver
My school is ok, but our principal is a dink

about 5 or 6 trees got TP-ed at the school, so the principal CANCELED THE PEP-FEST!!!
idiot

BOO ya!
Old October 16th, 2003, 05:14 PM
LT. surge II
Beginning Trainer

I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!!! The only thing i like in school is gym and recess.If i had to chose from staying home or go to school and have everything on earth i would chose to

Stay Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lightning: ;; I just took out some of your exclamation marks... they made the screen scroll which is kind of annoying. Hope you don't mind!
Old October 16th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I remember when I used to like gym and recess best. XD I always liked recess, but I stopped liking gym... around grade 5 or 6. *shrugs*

I don't get recess anymore. ;_; But my favourite subjects are Math and Visual Arts. Visual Arts because, hey, I wanna base my life on them, and math because I'm the smartest one in the class which boosts my self-esteem. XD!

tumblrtwitter

Old October 16th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
i dreaded Gym all my life ever since grade 1...

recess is just wasted time... i wish that there is no recess and you just go straight into the next class but in return go home earlier...

as for what's high school like i can't give you a good answer in that... i'm just not normal and according to others my high school isn't normal too as it's a "NERD ONLY" school (lol to have test 4 days a week is pretty much "nerd school" to the society perhaps)
Old October 17th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Miyu-chan
.::f l o w e r g i r l::.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Miyu-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Miyu-chan
lol, we have 4 tests a day, and our school is normal. ;P

l Paired -MegaDitto l Evil sidekick - Ninja Retsu l Evil Twin -Hiyori-chan l

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links