The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2007 (05:06 AM).
Hideki~kun
Platinum Addict!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hideki~kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce. View Post
Whenever I save the game, exit the game, and load up the rom again, it says my save file has been deleted. I was doing good as well. Why did that happen???
A simmilar thing happens to me except it says the previous save file will be loaded and it loads to where it should, it happens everytime.
Edit: W00T! 100th page!
Old February 18th, 2007 (05:24 AM).
Zowayix
hi

every time I save, it says save error, and when I go to the title screen, press start, it says
"the 1MB sub-circuit board is not installed" then takes me to Professor Oak's talk at the start of game!
I have to use savestates to save, but this means I'll never get past the E4 because after that you get sent to the title screen...
Old February 18th, 2007 (05:48 AM).
Hideki~kun
Platinum Addict!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hideki~kun
Did you get a save patch with your rom?
If you did get a clean FR and patch it with the save patch and SG. That worked for me.
Old February 18th, 2007 (05:49 AM).
ButterflyShe
Beginning Trainer

This Pokemon game is the best!
Right now I try to evolve my pokemons and then fight xD
not useng cheats is hard o.o
And i hope i didnt spend my money on some kind junk that will error so much
Well i get some errors @_@ and the girl sprite stinks ><
Old February 18th, 2007 (05:50 AM). Edited February 18th, 2007 by cgnius.
cgnius
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post
every time I save, it says save error, and when I go to the title screen, press start, it says
"the 1MB sub-circuit board is not installed" then takes me to Professor Oak's talk at the start of game!
I have to use savestates to save, but this means I'll never get past the E4 because after that you get sent to the title screen...
Go to Options > emulator > save type, and if flash 128k is not ticked, tick it, then restart your emulator
Old February 18th, 2007 (06:54 AM).
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron
Page 100 ShinyGold rules!How many areas do you think you'll have when your done?
Old February 18th, 2007 (09:32 AM).
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyShe View Post
This Pokemon game is the best!
Right now I try to evolve my pokemons and then fight xD
not useng cheats is hard o.o
And i hope i didnt spend my money on some kind junk that will error so much
Well i get some errors @_@ and the girl sprite stinks ><
Are you saying you payed for this game? Because if you did you have been ripped off. This is a free game and is not made to be played on a game boy advance/ds it was made for an emulator or flash cartridge.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old February 18th, 2007 (10:33 AM). Edited February 18th, 2007 by Zowayix.
Zowayix
hi

It worked! cgnius thank you SO much, what I used to do was set the thing to flash 128k, then try to save w/o restarting and it didn't work! THANK YOU!!!

EDIT: But doing this doesn't work on my unpatched firered rom... does anyone know how to fix that too?

EDIT #2: shoot! for some reason it just stopped working on shiny gold!
Argh! Cazcuro, could you tell me where to download the save patch?
Old February 18th, 2007 (12:45 PM).
Rokusigga
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
That's right, just to show how each rom hacker works their games in their own way. I give gameplay top priority so that's why I won't care (too much) about graphics. I'll use custom tiles till I get a bit ahead in the game, and try spriting a bit (when needed).

I remembered I said (before my thread dissapeared) that this will be a FR hack. I cant and I wont start it on Emerald (even though it has so many advantages), cause it would mean losing a lot of work. I also said perhaps in the future I could create Crystal on Emerald. And, I also said that there's people recreating Gold (or their families) on Emerald, so give your support to them as well!

For my hero overworld... Do you think it should be changed? (perhaps a little poll for later?). Well, since I only think about scripting and more scripting, I won't ask for anything graphics related. I just want Thursday to come, so I can get back to work, I only have Route 37 left.

Well, since I got a bit of time, here they are, a few new screenshots:

As you can see, I reached Azalea with my screenshots, I have a few left, but not so many.
Why can't I enter the Ice path in Pokemon Shiny Gold?
Old February 18th, 2007 (01:07 PM).
Zowayix
hi

you can't enter the ice path in shiny gold version 3.5 yet. Wait for beta4 to come out.
and someone PLEASE tell me where to download a save patch for pkmn firered.
Old February 18th, 2007 (01:12 PM).
Dennis ter Maat
Beginning Trainer

great job zel

when is beta 4 comin out and till wich gym is it
Old February 18th, 2007 (02:26 PM).
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Beta 4 won't be out for a while. I think it's going to have the 8 Johto badges obtainable, the E4 will be beatable, and you will be able to get 3 Kanto badges. I can't wait for B4, even if it's gonna come out in a while.

everlasting rivalry with murderface +
Old February 18th, 2007 (02:43 PM).
Deuce.
Beginning Trainer

I've discovered why my SG would give me an error message at the start of the gaming stating that the save has beeen deleted- I was playing GS on a GBA emulator on my PSP, and as it wasn't the same as VBA I couldn't change it to flash 128k, hence why it wouldn't work.. That only happens for Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald, though.

I'm playing a Ruby Hack on my PSP, it's great!

Anyway, good job with the hack and I guess I'm gonna have to play this on the computer. Really nice work!!!!
Old February 18th, 2007 (03:36 PM).
Zowayix
hi

ok everyone, forget what I said about the saving problem, I have it fixed on both the clean FR rom and ShinyGold. Yay!
Old February 18th, 2007 (04:23 PM).
wingedlucario786
Pokermon Hacker

hey i have to do a quick post...

anyway, i just downloaded shiny gold, and its soooooo good. i like that u put the jhoto region in and i hope that u make hacks as good as these in the future! C ya
Old February 18th, 2007 (04:51 PM).
ilpoke
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
on youtube, there is a video of beta 4 showing the elite four. It's titled Beta 4 - Elite 4, sorry I can't post links, yet.
Old February 18th, 2007 (04:56 PM).
wingedlucario786
Pokermon Hacker

heyy zel, does shinygold have gameshark or codebreaker codes that i can use for my emu? i think the game would be awesome. or could FR codes work with it bcuz its a hack of FR
Old February 18th, 2007 (06:41 PM).
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilpoke View Post
on youtube, there is a video of beta 4 showing the elite four. It's titled Beta 4 - Elite 4, sorry I can't post links, yet.
Yes, zel posted it on YouTube himself, and he also posted the link in this thread a few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedlucario786 View Post
heyy zel, does shinygold have gameshark or codebreaker codes that i can use for my emu? i think the game would be awesome. or could FR codes work with it bcuz its a hack of FR
Zel hates anyone who would even think of cheating. Cheating sucks. But to answer your question, in the end, there are no cheats for SG specifically, they're for FR, since it's a FR ROMHack. So to cheat, you'd use regular old FR cheats, but I advise you not to, since the cheats play around with the scripts, which zel edited a crap load, so through cheating, ironically, negative effects will happen. I advise you not to cheat in SG.

Old February 18th, 2007 (10:38 PM).
.Anthony.
Beginning Trainer

I love this! A day night system would be much loved..
Old February 18th, 2007 (11:03 PM).
Random
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Anthony. View Post
Yeah if only FR had a time system in it :\
Old February 19th, 2007 (08:10 AM).
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Anthony. View Post
In the end, it's all just timed palette changes. One lighter one, one normal one, and one darker one. I guess, if zel could figure that out, maybe...

Old February 19th, 2007 (08:24 AM).
Chibaymega12
Enemies of the Leaf Beware!

Send a message via AIM to Chibaymega12
thats true marz, maybe if he used the first new pallette (the grayer one) for the evening and make a couple other phases and some how set it on a timer.... i dunno, itd be a good idea if he can
Old February 19th, 2007 (12:08 PM).
Sunyveil
Beginning Trainer

Great hack Zel! The X version of it has some funky things though... for example, north of Goldenrod city I see copies of my sprite on the trees, and some of the pokemon levels are normal, while the ones around it are augmented (for example, the rocket executive's houndoom is about 10 lvls lower than the rest of his pkmn.) I'm sure these have already been mention because I've only been following this for a short time, but that's all I have to report
Old February 19th, 2007 (01:00 PM).
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyveil View Post
Great hack Zel! The X version of it has some funky things though... for example, north of Goldenrod city I see copies of my sprite on the trees, and some of the pokemon levels are normal, while the ones around it are augmented (for example, the rocket executive's houndoom is about 10 lvls lower than the rest of his pkmn.) I'm sure these have already been mention because I've only been following this for a short time, but that's all I have to report
1. Use the search function to make sure they've been reported so you don't report them again
2. If you're sure they have been reported, why did you report them?
3. (what's in bold) That's not a glitch, it's just because zel forgot to give the "hidden" movement to those sprites. Just ignore them.

Old February 19th, 2007 (03:28 PM).
D R E ™
Goku's back oh yeh!

Send a message via AIM to D R E ™ Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to D R E ™
This game awsome you guys should get a medal or somthing, its been a hundred pages of work, man you guys are good. Well anyways please continue. Peace out.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links