The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

View Poll Results: Would you use the descripted starterkit?(read starting post)
Yes, definitely, the work is worth it in the end. 13 65.00%
Probably, as long as it's not too obnoxious. 3 15.00%
Hmm... I might. 1 5.00%
Agh... sounds like that may be just too much work. 2 10.00%
Ya... I don't think so. Im not gonna do all that to make a game. 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old February 20th, 2007, 03:18 PM
DeM0nFiRe
Running for Supreme Ruler :)

So I know how to make a very serviceable RMXP pokemon starter kit but there's just one problem. The problem is that it would be very tedious for you to use. You would have to make seperate switches and variables for each pokemon but the fruits of your labors would be a fully working pokemon game. So the question I have for you is would you actually bother to use the starterkit, even if it took alot of boring, tedious work? thank you very much for letting me know wether i should continue with this kit.
Old February 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeM0nFiRe View Post
So I know how to make a very serviceable RMXP pokemon starter kit but there's just one problem. The problem is that it would be very tedious for you to use. You would have to make seperate switches and variables for each pokemon but the fruits of your labors would be a fully working pokemon game. So the question I have for you is would you actually bother to use the starterkit, even if it took alot of boring, tedious work? thank you very much for letting me know wether i should continue with this kit.
I'd definately use it! I mean, I have been able to handle tedious work like inputting names and stuff for years, so this would be nothing. Besides, I think it would be a good idea to leave some of the work for the user of your starter kit, instead of doing it all yourself.
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:17 PM
~Azura
Alright, purple is good.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Azura
I wouldn't... what's really the point of doing your systems in RMXP with events and switches? I would understand if it was made for Rm2k3, but not for XP.

It may be just me, but there are better options than "boring, tedious work" of copying and pasting...

[ Game | Previews | Screenshots ]

Thread returning soon, don't worry!

Need help with something? Send me a PM!
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:12 AM
blueboy171
Beginning Trainer

Yo, you have to work hard to reap rewards, am I right? More work you put into it the better you will like the out come. Nothing in life comes easy, and being a game designer means tedious work all the time. Programming is as tedious as it gets, trust me Well, I have voiced my opionion, may those who wish not to work mock us as we make much better games than them. Just be sure to add an example of what we are suppose to do. Well, good luck!!

-Blue-
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
DeM0nFiRe

To Azura: I see where u r coming from but have u ever tried to program the systems neccessary? There really is a reason why noone has done it yet.(unless someone has. correct me please if someone has.)

To Blueboy: Don't worry, there will be no problem knowing what u r supposed to do to make the games. it's just what you have to dop won't always be as fun as mapping or making up pokemon.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Will yours starter kit contains pokedex,battle system and pokemon capturing system?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
~Azura
Alright, purple is good.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Azura
Quote:
To Azura: I see where u r coming from but have u ever tried to program the systems neccessary? There really is a reason why noone has done it yet.(unless someone has. correct me please if someone has.)
First, I suggest you to read this thread, if you don't mind: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78774

I understand that many things appear to be doable, but sometimes the level of complexity of one of the systems (as you may've read in the thread I suggested) will just be too much to be handled by events. That's why Blizzy made a mix of Events and Scripts, what ended up being a complete mess, but was a good shot at the whole new situation created by Rmxp, where you could use something more powerful than events to do whatever you wanted to do.

IMHO there's a reason why no one has ever finished projects like that: because they insist their hard work using events will be rewarded in the end, which I disagree. However, like I said before, I would use it if it was made for Rm2k3.

Anyway, despite of all the things I've said, I wish you good luck if you're willing to make this. It will be, for sure, a great step for the Game Development.

Oh, and I've tried to code the systems for quite some time now. I've got pretty much everything covered, as you may see in Pkmn Metropolis' thread.

[ Game | Previews | Screenshots ]

Thread returning soon, don't worry!

Need help with something? Send me a PM!
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
DeM0nFiRe

I think u r not understanding what I plan on doing azura. if enough ppl say they will use my starterkit i will finish it then u will see what i mean

Just because DeathNote Is great
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:54 AM
blueboy171
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

To Blueboy: Don't worry, there will be no problem knowing what u r supposed to do to make the games. it's just what you have to dop won't always be as fun as mapping or making up pokemon.

I got ya, no prob. Need any battle sprites?
Old February 28th, 2007, 12:14 PM
KingdomHeartsKid
Keyblade Master

i will definately use it coz im useless at making graphics

NEW! Pokévénture Custom made game made in rm2k3

Graphics - 22%
Mapping - 3%
Events - 1%
Battles - 0%
Old February 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
DeM0nFiRe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsKid View Post
i will definately use it coz im useless at making graphics
umm... actually i wasn't planning on making the sprites for you. at least not at first. I'll prolly release it first without the sprites and release sprite packs later.

Old February 28th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
I think u r not understanding what I plan on doing azura. if enough ppl say they will use my starterkit i will finish it then u will see what i mean
DemonFire, I would like to ask how far are you in completing this? Or, how far are you now? Because I was making one too, but, for me, I was just putting all the items/pokémon/other stuff in it, then making a game myself.

But, I would like to know if you started, and if you have, then how far are you into this? Because many people have tried, and gave up either because they lost interest, or because of people spamming "wen i can downlood??" etc.

But, I will support you all the way, and wish you luck!

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old March 1st, 2007, 02:36 PM
DeM0nFiRe

I've actually completed it like 90% in my head(as in i know exactly how im gonna do it) but i havent started is physically yet. Im gonna start when this poll ends on Mar 23. I know there'll be "can i download" |\|008s but ill live.

Old March 1st, 2007, 03:49 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Alright, if you need any help at all, just ask. =)

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old March 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
DeM0nFiRe

Thanks alot Razmaster, Maybe I can Have you be a beta tester...

Old March 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Really? Well, that would be really awesome. Thanks for the opportunity. =)

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old March 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM
DeM0nFiRe

Ya np, i already also got azura as a beta tester.

Old April 27th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Krypton-knight EX
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krypton-knight EX Send a message via Yahoo to Krypton-knight EX
I'll use it as long as it not impossible for noobs.Get the hint
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Forest Grovyle
Resident Reptilian Artist

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Forest Grovyle
Krypton-knight, don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for a month. Please read the rules before posting again.

*locks*

--FG

Forest Grovyle x wakachamo
~*paired since May 2007*~

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links