The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old Posted February 18th, 2007 (11:04 PM).
Amachi
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
heh, I only looked at this thread an hour ago at school and didn't expect you to have the shading completed so quickly. Good job.

Well the shading looks very well done, especially upon the fins. The pose is nice too, though I'm wondering why it's grinning now, rather than being a sadface like it's previous form ;D
Old Posted February 27th, 2007 (06:17 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Send a message via AIM to MegaFuz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MegaFuz
Haha, yeah thanks. I'm quick like that. XD Not really.

It's a grin, but it's an evil one. He's grinning because now he has big teeth and big fins, and can put up a fight in battle. ;D

I have some more work un-related to the Dex that I wanted to post. This is a custom Snubbull sprite that I decided to submit to the Community Spriting Project. C & C is greatly appreciated!

[Update!!] Wow. It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally about to begin unveiling my fire starter line. This is a line of sheep/ram Pokemon. I've named the first in the line Lambent. I thought the name fit well, being that the term means "softly bright or radiant," and already has the word Lamb in it. XD

This is where I'd post my PC family if any of them were still here. D:
Old Posted February 27th, 2007 (08:49 PM).
Amachi

Wow Kevin, it looks excellent. I love the lineart, especially the head ;D And your colour choice is quite good as well, as is the shading.

Though it seems rather large for the first up in the line, but yeah, it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it's evolutions.
Old Posted March 8th, 2007 (06:41 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Send a message via AIM to MegaFuz Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MegaFuz
Glad ya like 'em. Now wait no longer, Ray. ;D

[Update!!] Well, here's the rest of my fire starter line, Gobent and Rambent. I've updated the DexPad in the first post of the thread so there aren't those annoying empty boxes in the first line. Please let me know what you think! XD

[Update #2!!] This is a new plant type I call 'Stumber'. I hope to release it's evolution soon. Comments welcome. ;D

[Update #3!!]
I finished up Stumber's evolution here tonight. It's a grass/dark type that I call 'Foretra'. While this species can uproot themselves and migrate to more moist areas, they move incredibly slow and rely on brute force in battle.

Old Posted March 8th, 2007 (07:33 PM).
Ullion
Demonic | Ice | Mirrors³

Nature: Timid
Both second evolutions look good Fuzzy! However, I don't 'dig' the third one, something seems off. I think it might be the flame, I mean, it should be larger than the flames' of the other pokemon right? =/

Old Posted March 13th, 2007 (11:32 AM).
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm sorry, but when I look at your Fakemons, I don't get the feeling that this is in any way related to Pokemon at all! I feel so bad for saying that, but its the truth. Sorry
Old Posted March 15th, 2007 (11:57 AM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-Swift View Post
Both second evolutions look good Fuzzy! However, I don't 'dig' the third one, something seems off. I think it might be the flame, I mean, it should be larger than the flames' of the other pokemon right? =/
Hmm. I see what you mean. I'll edit the tail when I get a chance. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Arcane View Post
I'm sorry, but when I look at your Fakemons, I don't get the feeling that this is in any way related to Pokemon at all! I feel so bad for saying that, but its the truth. Sorry
Thanks, bud! ^-^

[Update!!] I've just been working on going back and touching up some of my already released sprites, so expect to see a few edits here shortly. Here's the first one. Just touched up Bokruge's legs and arms and added in claws on both the hands and feet.

I edited Perucolt's front left leg. I made it a tad too long at first, so I shortened it up a bit.

You might have to refresh your page to see the updates.

Old Posted March 15th, 2007 (12:55 PM).
强有力
Powerful

Send a message via Skype™ to 强有力
Wow Megafuz, these are amazing. The outlines are perfect and i love the shading. Good work! I want to sprite like you someday!
Old Posted March 15th, 2007 (01:18 PM).
donkeyman
Beginning Trainer

Sweet I love Perucolt :D He looks like a very cute pokemon or is it a she. I want to adopt it!
Old Posted March 15th, 2007 (01:47 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-Chan View Post
Wow Megafuz, these are amazing. The outlines are perfect and i love the shading. Good work! I want to sprite like you someday!
Thanks a lot, Tyler. Just keep practicing on the things we discussed, and eventually you'll be able to scratch sprite like it's no one's business. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyman View Post
Sweet I love Perucolt :D He looks like a very cute pokemon or is it a she. I want to adopt it!
Well, being that Pokemon can be either male or female, I guess that would mean neither...or either. Depends on the one you catch! ;D And sorry...but I don't allow the adoption of my sprites.

[Update!!] Finished up a new Normal type that I've named Losko. *huggles* Only 4 more sprites until I'll re-work the DexPad on Page 1 and add a full new line! XD

Old Posted March 15th, 2007 (09:09 PM).
Ullion
Demonic | Ice | Mirrors³

Cool. Percult looks better now. Although I'm not quite sure if I saw the prob in the first place. ;D

Also, the Bokruge looks pretty cool, however, the arms look short IMO.

And *sigh* you made a *sigh* "Kawaii" pokemon. >O But it isn't cute ;D
You better make evo's of it tho... or else Kyle will be dissapointed in you! But ignoring the fact that it is "cute", you did a good job with this one as well Fuzzy! So good job and keep the hard work up! =D

Old Posted March 16th, 2007 (10:58 AM).
Goatman56

Awesome job you're doing MegaFuz. Losko and Stumber are just awesome, love them both. Keep it up :D.
Old Posted March 16th, 2007 (06:25 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Cool. Percult looks better now. Although I'm not quite sure if I saw the prob in the first place. ;D

Also, the Bokruge looks pretty cool, however, the arms look short IMO.

And *sigh* you made a *sigh* "Kawaii" pokemon. >O But it isn't cute ;D
You better make evo's of it tho... or else Kyle will be dissapointed in you! But ignoring the fact that it is "cute", you did a good job with this one as well Fuzzy! So good job and keep the hard work up! =D
No fear. The evolution is here. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman56 View Post
Awesome job you're doing MegaFuz. Losko and Stumber are just awesome, love them both. Keep it up :D.
Thanks, man. I appreciate your support. XD

[Update!!] Finished up the final touches on Losko's evolution, Loskill. Check him out below and let me know watcha think, please!

Old Posted March 16th, 2007 (06:28 PM).
Ullion
Demonic | Ice | Mirrors³

its good its good. But umm.. is it supossed to be dark or normal/ It looks more like a dark type to me, but you have it labelled as a normal. =/

anywyas, make a 3rd form now, make it like a... grizzly bear or something. ;D

Old Posted March 17th, 2007 (08:35 PM).
Nell

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaFuz View Post
No fear. The evolution is here. ;D

Thanks, man. I appreciate your support. XD

[Update!!] Finished up the final touches on Losko's evolution, Loskill. Check him out below and let me know watcha think, please!

Heh, the d00d has a necktie XD;
I like him in almsot every aspect, but again the stance seems to betray it. D:
He looks like Robocop, mebeh you should change that? :3
Old Posted March 19th, 2007 (10:15 AM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
its good its good. But umm.. is it supossed to be dark or normal/ It looks more like a dark type to me, but you have it labelled as a normal. =/

anywyas, make a 3rd form now, make it like a... grizzly bear or something. ;D
Well, all Types of my FakeMon are pretty tentative at this point. They won't really be finalized until the whole Dex is complete. I'll need to make sure that there are no Types stacked with more than any other one, so that no one Type dominates the Dex. I already considered making both Losko and Loskill Dark Types, but I'm low on Normal Types at this point, so that's why they're Normal for the moment.

You're never satisfied, are you? ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae-kun View Post
Heh, the d00d has a necktie XD;
I like him in almsot every aspect, but again the stance seems to betray it. D:
He looks like Robocop, mebeh you should change that? :3
Thanks, Jae. Glad you like him. As I already discussed with you, I feel my major flaw as a spriter is making poses that are too stiff looking. It's something that I plan on working at in the future.

I hope to have a new release within the next day or two, so keep your eyes peeled. XD

Old Posted March 19th, 2007 (10:41 AM).
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

I like the new stuff you've shown, you must have like a thousand made already ; D

Lambent doesn't really look like a first stage Pokemon to me... But, again that's just me...

I would suggest that you use more complementary colors, and maybe some dithering.
Old Posted March 28th, 2007 (03:49 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPegasus View Post
I like the new stuff you've shown, you must have like a thousand made already ; D

Lambent doesn't really look like a first stage Pokemon to me... But, again that's just me...

I would suggest that you use more complementary colors, and maybe some dithering.
Ooh la la. Name change, I see. ;D

Thanks again, man. I do dither, whether you realize it or not. I just use it very sparingly on my Fakemon sprites, as original Pokemon sprites don't have a great deal of dithering either.

Oh, and btw, the fire starter line is very tentative at this point. The line didn't come out as planned. In general, my fire starter design has been tweaked sooo many times. We'll see in time if it stays or not.

Old Posted March 28th, 2007 (04:03 PM).
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Yea, I grew tired of the old one ; )

I don't see a reason why starter Pokemon can't have only one evolution... It would add difference... But maybe you could make a cute baby goat
Old Posted March 30th, 2007 (11:48 AM).
Lt. Surge's Raichu
chuuu?
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
Awesome Sprites What a good job....
Old Posted April 3rd, 2007 (10:23 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPegasus View Post
Yea, I grew tired of the old one ; )

I don't see a reason why starter Pokemon can't have only one evolution... It would add difference... But maybe you could make a cute baby goat
Change is a good thing sometimes. XD

Hmm...that would certainly be interesting; a starter with only one evolution. I feel like that would be just wrong for some reason. o.o;; Tradition, I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Surge's Raichu View Post
Awesome Sprites What a good job....
Why thank you. I appreciate it. Try to be a little more elaborative with your posts though from now on. ^-^

[Update!!] A well needed update here tonight. I'm releasing Jaspen's evolution, Blizzin. Blizzin is the same type as it's pre-evolution; Ice/Flying. Blizzin roams frozen mountaintops by soaring from peak to peak. It's often known to cause avalanches when it lands after flying at such high speeds.

Old Posted April 3rd, 2007 (11:13 PM).
Amachi

hehehe, I'm amazed it can even soar at all with it's large head XD

Anywho, the shading seems all well and good, as does your choice of colours, and I kinda like the simplicity of the design (though it doesn't seem all that practical for travelling at high speeds XD).

Keep it up man.

Also, since MegaFuz has mentioned it above, I'd like to remind you all that every comment requires just a lil bit of constructive criticism. It's just a few more words really, and I'm sure it'll be appreciated.
Old Posted April 5th, 2007 (04:30 PM).
MegaFuz
Über Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amachi View Post
hehehe, I'm amazed it can even soar at all with it's large head XD

Anywho, the shading seems all well and good, as does your choice of colours, and I kinda like the simplicity of the design (though it doesn't seem all that practical for travelling at high speeds XD).

Keep it up man.

Also, since MegaFuz has mentioned it above, I'd like to remind you all that every comment requires just a lil bit of constructive criticism. It's just a few more words really, and I'm sure it'll be appreciated.
I definitely agreed with you about the head being big, so I scaled it down a bit and adjusted the shading appropriately. Updated sprite is below. Ya might need to refresh it to see it correctly. ;D

[Update!!] I've got a new Psychic/Ghost type to reveal here tonight. I call this guy Appakos. I'm thinking about making this one a possible legendary. I'm also intrigued by an evolution though, so we'll see what happens. Let me know what you think, please. ;D

Old Posted April 5th, 2007 (04:48 PM).
Ullion
Demonic | Ice | Mirrors³

I'm dissapointed in the fact you havn't made the third evo. *taps fingers* I'm still waiting! >O

And Ray, that comment you made, was awesome. xD I'm still laughing. =/

Anyways, if you're going to make it a legendary, give it an evo as well! >O But it does look good, but too weak to be a legendary alone.

Old Posted April 6th, 2007 (01:56 AM).
Charizard_Ruler
Booted out - don't be like me!

There really nice!
Nut your fakemon dont strike me as a pokemon type thats tobad anyways ur a very good spriter keep it up :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links