Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Reload this Page Sins of the fanfic section

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old March 25th, 2007 (05:17 AM). Edited March 25th, 2007 by Light_Azumarill.
Danny Phantom!

Send a message via AIM to Light_Azumarill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Light_Azumarill Send a message via Yahoo to Light_Azumarill
Quote originally posted by SBaby:
Humans Are Capable Of Evil, But Pokemon Can Do No Wrong

I don't care what anyone thinks. Pokemon should be just as capable of evil as Humans. This is especially true if the Pokemon can speak Common.
Yeah! I hate it when all of the pokemon are nice! Ever since that anime episode stated that pokemon are 'all good and it's simply their trainers that are bad', many people seem to under this odd impression that pokemon are tools that are used for bad and can't be corrupted. T-T That, my friends, was 4Kids' doing. *hurls riceball at 4Kids*

Quote originally posted by Nigma:
I think as bad as a bad criticism, is to receive no critism... I just have to get a look on my own fanfictions. Nobody has given even one comment to my written fanfictions chapters. Of course i didn´t stop writing, i have a lot of chapters written on my computer, but sometimes i think "why should i post them here? nobody is reading them".

Sometimes i think i am a bad writer or something like that if nobody leaves a comment. Well, bad criticism can be good too. Better a bad criticism as no response.

I think that if you want to write a big story and all, you need not only characters, story and stuff like that, you have to find someone who wants to read it too.
Y'know Nigma, I'd say you have Ghost Readers. There are people who read your fic but never respond because they either don't know what to say in a review, or they're just lazy.

And on a personal note... I have to read your fics! XD PM me sometime and nag me! ;
Old March 25th, 2007 (09:11 AM).
that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Light Azumarill:
LOL WTF? =D

Internet lingo is fine when you're chatting to friends and posting replies on PC, but in the realm of fanfics, it really gets annoying. It's unprofessional and stupid. If your fic includes the transcript of an online chat between characters, then I suppose it's okay, but it's still quite annoying to read. It breaks up the flow of a story and usually ruins any mood you've set. Especially the smilies. It's just so... lame.
People...actually do that in fics? Bleah, guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything people do anymore but...well, let's just say I count myself lucky not to have read any of those. xP Still, let's not forget their usefulness in impersonating N00Bs. (See an lettter off compaint!!! for what I mean) Also, I could see it happening in something like text messages, e-mails, or heck, even PMs (if the plot varrants it) within a fanfic, but without a justifiable reason? Inexcusable. xP

The Textbook Trainer

This is when the Fic starts with the Trainer waking up late, going to get his or her license, and ending up with the very last Pokemon a Professor has, which turns out to be the most powerful one he had in his inventory.
Nyu, already covered by ACC. But yes, I do see why this one would rub you the wrong way.
Team Generic Can Stick Their Rocket Up My -BEEP-

If a Fic has a Team (e.g. Team Rocket) that shows up twice in three Chapters, it's too freaking often. Spread them out a bit. And don't make their disguises obvious.
Ehh...let's not be overly general here. If the fic is about said criminal organisation then I would expect to see part of it somewhere. Also, if the conflict has escalated to a point where the main character(s) and the criminal org clash then I would find it quite illogical to just cut them out for a whole chapter in the middle of it all. But yeah, if you mean it in the animesque 'Blasting off again!' sense (like I think you do) then I couldn't agree more.
Humans Are Capable Of Evil, But Pokemon Can Do No Wrong

I don't care what anyone thinks. Pokemon should be just as capable of evil as Humans. This is especially true if the Pokemon can speak Common.
Hear, hear. I've always been preaching about how pokémon should be people just like humans, and that includes the potential to do wrong.
I think as bad as a bad criticism, is to receive no critism... I just have to get a look on my own fanfictions. Nobody has given even one comment to my written fanfictions chapters. Of course i didn´t stop writing, i have a lot of chapters written on my computer, but sometimes i think "why should i post them here? nobody is reading them".

Sometimes i think i am a bad writer or something like that if nobody leaves a comment. Well, bad criticism can be good too. Better a bad criticism as no response.

I think that if you want to write a big story and all, you need not only characters, story and stuff like that, you have to find someone who wants to read it too.
Very true. And I agree with Melissa, this does sound like a case of ghost readers, an all too common affliction around here. The good folks of PC tend to be better at reading than commenting, unfortunately. -.- Check your pageviews as an optional measure of interest. Also, if no-one at all comments, don't be afraid to bug a friend or two into doing so. We don't mind, you know, and I for one am sometimes too busy to sweep the fanfic section on my own and might need a poke. ^-^

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Old March 25th, 2007 (10:16 AM).
by fire be P U R G E D
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
Dark Pokemon can only be tamed by evil trainers

I hate it when people show of dark Pokemon as evil. I personally LOVE dark-type Pokemon and if I were writing an OT fic, I would have my main character have a dark-type Pokemon. The next time I see an Executive Rocket (or made up team) being the only ones with Tyranitars, Mightyena or Houndooms, I'm gonna scream...

Monotype Fire Challenge
Old March 31st, 2007 (11:08 PM).
Crystal Bell Keeper

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

I know what you mean, I have the same trouble. I posted a chapter back in Feb that it took me a long time to write and have never gotten a reveiw for it. Here, I am luck if I get a single reveiw per chapter . I remember back in the good 'o days PC had a small but steady group of reveiwers that seem to have all died ...

Vampiric pokémorphs and the Nurse Joy who must love them.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links