The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Can0fMean
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
First of all, good luck

How about this?

The game: Are you a boy or a girl?

Boy=James

Girl=Jessie

And your boss is Giovanni. What do you say?

Though, I dont know if it's possible to play as James or Jessie... Can't you take the sprite from Yellow Version and edit it? Or something like that?
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
you won't be playing as Jessie or James, you are a brand new member of team rocket. but they could make a guest appearance. I won't ruin the plot for you guys.

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Can0fMean
Beginning Trainer

I cant say I totally disagree with Erimgard, but playing as Jessie and James WOULD give a cool view. But EarthsVistor can make just a little change in the plot to allow us play as Jessie and James. I also believe that the number of the people who plays this hack would increase. *cough* me *cough* (not only me)

Even if we won't be playing as Jessie and James, we MUST wear Team Rocket uniforms to show we are from Team Rocket. Or in case, it would look like that we are playing as a normal sprite only with outfit change. It would look like an another typical hack at this forum. A lot of people were really excited about this(including me) and it would be really sad if this hack looks like the others.
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

I wasn't giving an opinion...I was stating a fact. you aren't playing as Jessie or James. that has already been decided by EarthsVisitor. and yes, we could use a new OW sprite for the hero, but EarthsVisitor is having a hard time finding a good spriter. if you are talented at spriting or know someone who is, perhaps you should send him a PM
and trust me, even though we don't currently have a new OW, the plot and gameplay are DRASTICALLY different from the average hack.

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:33 AM
EarthsVisitor
Jolly Good

Send a message via AIM to EarthsVisitor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
I wasn't giving an opinion...I was stating a fact. you aren't playing as Jessie or James. that has already been decided by EarthsVisitor. and yes, we could use a new OW sprite for the hero, but EarthsVisitor is having a hard time finding a good spriter. if you are talented at spriting or know someone who is, perhaps you should send him a PM
and trust me, even though we don't currently have a new OW, the plot and gameplay are DRASTICALLY different from the average hack.
Quoted for Emphasis.

Anyways, screenshots, TODAY. Or you can like... murder me. I feel like I've been letting you guys down too much. So, screenshots. Today. Later. FOR SURE.

It'll be of the new beggining.
yay.

Old June 7th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Can0fMean
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post

o_0 Eh, sorry, I didn't have that much time to read all of the posts, sorry for sayin/asking wrong things ;S
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:09 AM
EkshtrimSama

Intresting,will keep checking the progress
Old June 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM
jokerjung
fire the blaze

i check this thread everyday,so good luck.

Old June 8th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can0fMean View Post
o_0 Eh, sorry, I didn't have that much time to read all of the posts, sorry for sayin/asking wrong things ;S
no problem man. nothing wrong with what you said. it was a valid question, and I'm just doing my best to give a valid answer.

and to earthvisitor, glad you're putting up new screenies
As soon as my computer quits being lame I'm going to pm you...

Old June 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Team Poison
<-<=Arbok is a Kobra!

Nature: Hardy
Now it is Team Rockets time to reign supreme and take over the world of Pokémon Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

exactly our intentions for the game
most of the plot has already been decided, but if you have some ideas for a sidequest you think would be ennjoyable, feel free to let us know. no guarantees, but you just might see it or something similar to it in the game.

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:46 PM
EarthsVisitor
Jolly Good

Wow. Even after saying FOR SURE. I can't have screenies out yet.
The script I've been working on for like, 3 hours. Is having slight difficulties. Most of it works, except for the battling portion, and one other thing.

I could give them out today, but, I also have to leave in about 15 minutes, and I won't be back til late.

Saturday, yes, Saturday. Oh how I love the sound of a free Saturday.

I WILL OWN THIS GAME, on saturday. I shall work vigorously. I shall give you screenies, I shall make mucho progress. I will feed you. I will cure cancer.

Yes. YES.

Old June 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Takes promise

Well, keep it up. The only way to make a script work is to keep trying and trying till it surrenders

There a lot of interesting ideas around the thread. Let's see what you use and what you show us.

Old June 9th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Team Poison
<-<=Arbok is a Kobra!

Nature: Hardy
You should have a side quest where you have to find out where Jessie & James are and break them out of prison!
Old June 9th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Poison View Post
You should have a side quest where you have to find out where Jessie & James are and break them out of prison!
well, we've thought of some similar plans. thanks for the input, and keep it coming

Old June 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Lt. Silver
Trainer

just wondering if you could possibly put a date to the public beta release?
Old June 9th, 2007, 04:24 PM
EarthsVisitor
Jolly Good

There is none.
It might be even further delayed though, since I'm taking a different approach to designing the game then most people.

It'll take the same time overall for most games, but the first beta will take awhile, then they'll dish out rapidly after that.

Old June 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Lt. Silver
Trainer

also I was thinking you might include someone selling a magikarp since James bought one on the tv show once
Old June 9th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Your screenshots are kind of confusing... Do you work for Rocket or Magmag?
Old June 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM
EarthsVisitor
Jolly Good

---------------------A new Route?--------------------------------------------Hmm, next to a Lab------------------------------------------Hmm, Mysterious Lab-------------------------------------------Ooo, Pretty.

Old June 10th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lt. Silver
Trainer

looking good, the charcter is good, I know its been said before but couldnt you change the clothes to make it look more like TR, even changing the clothes colour from red to black would be good.
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

The magikarp buying deal is a good suggestion, but as said before, you aren't jessie or james.
Nice screenies
and about team rocket clothes, read my earlier post. if you, or someone you know can give us a better sprite, PM Earthvisitor.

Old June 11th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Maewa
Hmmm........... Man+Sheep=Jail

this look AMAING cant w8 for the BEta

Keep up the good work

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

To Maewa: Thank you and welcome aboard

To charmander07: I'm not sure I understand your first question, but so far the starters for the game are the D/P starters (though that is subject to change) , and perhaps there will be more to come.
also, try not to double post

Old June 12th, 2007, 02:21 AM
YellowPen
:)

i am kinda sure this hasnt been mention but Butch and Cassidy should make an appearance

for the kids who forget who Butch and Cassidy are, their Team Rockets more succesful duelo. They both have many pokemon (seen on serebii but im not posting a link {dont wanna get in trouble}) but there most reconisgalbe pokemon is their raticate

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links