The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by redragon View Post
I loaded my sript into ScriptED, and hit save, but it won't let me press COMPILE.
I think you can't compile scripts with scripted. Use Pokéskript or Diamond cutter.
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:51 AM
jimmy-killed-me
you know me, i'm god

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jimmy-killed-me
Um whenever i patch a ROM, The rom never works when i load it on VBA, why is this?
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-killed-me View Post
Um whenever i patch a ROM, The rom never works when i load it on VBA, why is this?
Be sure that you've got a clear ROM.
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM
mattheulmcinnis
Beginning Trainer

I have a new Island I made using Advance Map for Pokemon Fire Red, and when I open my town map it says I am on 5 Island and I would like it to be a different map and I want it to say that I am on Island 8. Is there any way I can do this. I also would like to input the Island into the Rainbow pass so I can travel to that Island 8 by ferry. Please Help me.
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
"When I compile a script through ScriptEd (I don't like using PokeScript) and overwrite a gba game to put in the script, it always says the file wasn't found, even though it's really there."

Go same problem...
I just solved the problem for that person, so I'll help you too. First, name your rom image "game". DO NOT PUT ANY EXTENSIONS ON IT. Make it simply "game". Now, put your script into ScriptED and press compile. Do not select your game from the list! Instead, go to where it says, "File name:" and type in "game.gba.gba". Hit save, and it should work for you now.

Quote:
Could someone give me a place to get a good Hex Tutorial, as I'm trying to do a translation project for "Keitai Denjuu Telefang" and is there a possible way to make it so yo can have a choice between Kuriputo and Fangusa?
Most to all hex-editors are good in my opinion, you just have to know how to use them. I suggest Hexecute 2.10. I suggested this version because it has a "Search Relative" function. But for later, you'll need Hexecute RC7, which allows you to input a table file a lot easier. If you know of better hex editor, feel free to use it, these are only suggestion.

Quote:
Like Charmander said; make sure you have a clean Rom. Other than that, your on your own I'm afraid...

Quote:
I have a new Island I made using Advance Map for Pokemon Fire Red, and when I open my town map it says I am on 5 Island and I would like it to be a different map and I want it to say that I am on Island 8. Is there any way I can do this. I also would like to input the Island into the Rainbow pass so I can travel to that Island 8 by ferry. Please Help me.
First of all, change the name of the island! Second, you'll have to edit the town map, to look the way you want. Also, if you want an event that makes it where you get the "Rainbow Pass" and a ferry takes you to "Island 8". You'll just have to make a simple script that does so. Ps. Warp scripts are super easy!

Quote:
I think you can't compile scripts with scripted. Use Pokéskript or Diamond cutter.
Actually, Yeah it does. In reality that's what ScriptED is for, to insert or "compile" scripts into the game. Besides, Diamond Cutter is basically an earlier version of ScriptED. As for why it did not work, I'm not sure...Tell me exactly what happened.

As always, Hope this helped you all!
-Hiidoran
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:40 PM
tomdotcom4
Beginning Trainer

I am trying to make a hack of Emerald and i cannot get BaseEdit, BeWildered, or Patted to work for it. I always get a message saying "supported rom, but monsters base stats are not specified in the database." Is there anything i can do to fix it or are there and different programs that i can use that do the same thing?
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Knoxius
Knoxskorner.com

I have a problem with Advance Map

Whenever I try to change the tileset the tiles that are already on the map get replaced with the tiles on the new tileset that I just loaded and the houses and other buildings get messed up

If and one could tell me how to fix this I would greatly aprreciate it

Last edited by Knoxius; July 15th, 2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM
mattheulmcinnis
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Quote:
First of all, change the name of the island! Second, you'll have to edit the town map, to look the way you want. Also, if you want an event that makes it where you get the "Rainbow Pass" and a ferry takes you to "Island 8". You'll just have to make a simple script that does so. Ps. Warp scripts are super easy!
How do I edit the Town Map? Can't I just input a new map of my own for 8 Island, and the New Jhoto Region. I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry there?

Help in Advance Map- How do I make a new town of my own without changing the name of an existing map and so on. I would like to put a new town with a new map, but if I change the name of an existing map it edits all the maps that are there.

Can you please help me?
Old July 15th, 2007, 02:14 PM
salmjak
Beginning Trainer

Ummh my rom crashes when I try to warp to my custom map, solution?

How do I edit the bag and PROF BIRCH so I can have the scripts on another place?

What causes image-rom crash?
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Quote:
I am trying to make a hack of Emerald and i cannot get BaseEdit, BeWildered, or Patted to work for it. I always get a message saying "supported rom, but monsters base stats are not specified in the database." Is there anything i can do to fix it or are there and different programs that i can use that do the same thing?
Sorry, but: BaseEdit, BeWildered, Patted, and all of those other sorts of programs were designed before Emerald was released. They do not support Emerald, sadly... As for other tools, you can use a hex editor to do most of these things. I'm not very experienced at Hacking Emerald though, I mostly only use it to import tiles to other rom images.

Quote:
I have a problem with Advance Map

Whenever I try to change the tileset the tiles that are already on the map get replaced with the tiles on the new tileset that I just loaded and the houses and other buildings get messed up

If and one could tell me how to fix this I would greatly aprreciate it
It's supposed to do that. To insert new tilesets, you must replace older tilesets. There is only a certain amount of space in the rom. You can, however, change the amount of blocks. Just look around Advance Map, you'll find the option.

Quote:
How do I edit the Town Map? Can't I just input a new map of my own for 8 Island, and the New Jhoto Region. I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry there?

Help in Advance Map- How do I make a new town of my own without changing the name of an existing map and so on. I would like to put a new town with a new map, but if I change the name of an existing map it edits all the maps that are there.

Can you please help me?
Alright, to insert a new map please do the following.
First: Open up Advance Map and load your rom... yadayada
Second: Select on any map, it doesn't matter.
Third: Go to File > Map... > insert map.
A~ window will pop up~
Fourth: Go down to the last option "Create New Spot"
Fifth: Select where your map will go. I.e. : If you want your new map to be part of the Pallet Town set (Your house, Rival's house, Oak's Lab...) then select "4" where it says "bank".
Sixth: Select "1" "amount of reserved maps".
Tada! You have now inserted a new map into the game!
Warning: I do not suggest this. It is much easier just to replace old locations. You'll understand in the long run.

Quote:
Ummh my rom crashes when I try to warp to my custom map, solution?

How do I edit the bag and PROF BIRCH so I can have the scripts on another place?

What causes image-rom crash?
1. By custom do you mean, inserted map? I've never had trouble before... until later, that is.

2. By "move to another place" do you mean a new map offset? Because if so, that is do-able. Just make sure the sprites are in the same ratio they were from each other on the last map. Also, make sure there are no obstacles in the way, ie. Trees.

3. Many things can cause the image-rom to crash. But most likely you have overwritten valuable data. It happens quite often, the only way to fix it when it happens... is to have a backup! Always make a backup file!

Hoped this helped!
-Hiidoran
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:58 PM
salmjak
Beginning Trainer

Yeah a insertet, when I try to warp my rom crash I discovered in elitemap for not so long ago that I got the "girl" event there O.o Maybe that's the reason?

Well by the pokemon bag I mean how can I be able to just have the bag, press A-button, choose a pokemon and then I have the pokemon in my team and the bag will be destroyed?
Can you maybe post what scripts I need? (the numbers/letters like "$1A030F")

Haha ok Today I've been forced to start over three times I think X'D

Thanks for the answers
Old July 15th, 2007, 04:03 PM
mattheulmcinnis
Beginning Trainer

How do I edit the Town Map on Fire red? I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry to my Newly Created Island.

I have another question too.

How do you connect maps together like Cinnibar Island and Pallet.
I would like to know so I can create some new Areas.

Last edited by mattheulmcinnis; July 15th, 2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old July 15th, 2007, 04:49 PM
redragon
Beginning Hacker

Well, for exactly what I did in ScriptED, I wrote a script to give your character a pokemon in wordpad, copied it into ScriptED, then hit save, and triedhitting "COMPILE" but I can't, the button is wierd, like the other buttons have the black lettering so you can click on it, but the letters on compile are just gray, and it's un-clickable
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah a insertet, when I try to warp my rom crash I discovered in elitemap for not so long ago that I got the "girl" event there O.o Maybe that's the reason?

Well by the pokemon bag I mean how can I be able to just have the bag, press A-button, choose a pokemon and then I have the pokemon in my team and the bag will be destroyed?
Can you maybe post what scripts I need? (the numbers/letters like "$1A030F")

Haha ok Today I've been forced to start over three times I think X'D

Thanks for the answers
Oh, you probably shouldn't insert maps using Elitemap, It likes to act pretty screwy at times.
Also, as for you "bag" inquiry, it is not possible. The script must stay together sadly, the random battle will occur afterwords... My suggestion for you is to create a new script, one that would say something like, "Look, The Prof.'s Bag! There are three Pokeballs in it!". Then proceed to the real part. "Do you want to take this Pokeball?". You know, basically make a text version of what the bag would do. It would be a tedious script to make, but it could be done.

Quote:
How do I edit the Town Map on Fire red? I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry to my Newly Created Island.

I have another question too.

How do you connect maps together like Cinnibar Island and Pallet.
I would like to know so I can create some new Areas.
Woah, come down! We do have lives outside of PC you know...

1. To edit the map, you'll more than likely need to use Cyclone, It's the best program for it. Just make sure you have the needed files.

2. Those are called "connections" my friend. Advance Map can edit this part of the rom. Elitemap can also, though again, I don't recommend it.

3. You know, everytime I do this It comes out horribly wrong. Sorry, I can't answer this question truthfully...

Quote:
Well, for exactly what I did in ScriptED, I wrote a script to give your character a pokemon in wordpad, copied it into ScriptED, then hit save, and triedhitting "COMPILE" but I can't, the button is wierd, like the other buttons have the black lettering so you can click on it, but the letters on compile are just gray, and it's un-clickable
Wow, I know what your talking about, the grey "un-clickable" letters. But, I do not believe this has ever happened to me before. Sorry, I can not help you.

Hope this helped!
-Hiidoran
Old July 15th, 2007, 06:32 PM
mattheulmcinnis
Beginning Trainer

Hello I am trying to folloe the tutorial thing the cyclone program, but when I use it with pokemon fire red the tilmap comes up messy and everything out of order. I am trying to edit my town map. can u please explain to me why this is happening.

if you have a tutorial for fire red for it please send it to me.
Old July 15th, 2007, 06:35 PM
HI-TECH
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Need Help Badly!!!!!! I Wanna Put Some Sprites On Some Tiles On A Map How Do I Do This???
Old July 15th, 2007, 08:41 PM
onstar102
Beginning Trainer

I was just curious. Is there a way to change how a map looks mid-game? Like you enter a town and it looks normal, but later in the game it gets set on fire (for example. I know I'd have to make custom tiles for that). On a smaller scale, is it at least possible to manipulate the weather? I've played through Emerald, and it seems possible.

Also, is it possible to create animated tiles? I know the water tiles are animated. Is there anyway to create, say tiles of a building on fire?
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Lin
JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lin
I'm having trouble making a Pokeball disappear after I take it. I followed Irish Witch's tutorial on making it disappear, but it didn't work. And I'm using ScriptED, Pokescript confuses me when it comes to compiling
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:21 PM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
I'm having trouble making a Pokeball disappear after I take it. I followed Irish Witch's tutorial on making it disappear, but it didn't work. And I'm using ScriptED, Pokescript confuses me when it comes to compiling
Well, Of cousre it wont work then.. Irish Witchs Tutorials qre only for her program: PokeScript. So you have to use Chritos Tutorial for ScriptED.
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Lin
JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

Any help on where I can find it? Because I can't...
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:01 PM
bxela1
Jirachi's number 1 fan

Which one are you looking for? You didn't specify.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Lin
JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

Well will you please either tell me where to find them? Or the one that tells you how to make sprites disappear.
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:19 PM
bxela1
Jirachi's number 1 fan

showthread.php?t=79827

I think this is what you were looking for.

Add this to the end of the website. I can't type URLs till I have 15 posts.

EDIT: If you have no luck there, my advice would be to move the poke ball to a place where the player couldn't possibly see it.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Last edited by bxela1; July 15th, 2007 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Something helpful
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM
wreithy
Beginning Trainer

hey guys just a few questions, i looked at a lot of the pages in this thread but i didnt go through all

1. Is there a way to edit my trainer in the game so he looks like a pokemon? or should i just create a new one that looks like a pokemon

2. Can i make a pokemon follow me round? Or, beating that, a team of pokemon?

thanks
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:50 AM
mattheulmcinnis
Beginning Trainer

WITH ELITE MAP--------

Can someone please tell me how to edit my Town map in fire red and then save it and repoint towns and stuff, can u please help me because I am getting very frustrated. all I want to be able to do is edit the town map, and repoint the city locations, and route locations.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links