The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: what pokemon should i base the story on
lucario 0 0%
charizard 2 20.00%
mew 1 10.00%
mewtwo 0 0%
lugia 2 20.00%
ho-oh 1 10.00%
pidgeot 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:28 AM
doomdezire
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
im thinking of making a fanfic but i dont no wat to base it on
what pokemon should i write about out of:
lucario
lugia
charizard
pidgeot
mewtwo
mew
ho-oh
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
Umm...no, just no; you're going about this the wrong way, I'm afraid. When writing a fanfic, you should start with what you want to say/achieve with it then choose your setting, characters (pokémon included), etc. based on what best suits that goal. First decide on the basic shape of your plot, then work your way to the details. Without any idea of what kind of plot you want, there's really no way I - or anyone else for that matter - can give you any helpful advice on this decision.

Also, if these few short lines here are representative of your writing skills then I'd strongly suggest brushing up on your grammar and spelling, because I see both grammatical errors and typos in this short passage already and to be honest I wouldn't care to read a fic written like that. I'd suggest reading the Basic Pokémon Writing FAQ and the Pokémon Fanfiction Guide both are very worthwhile reads that will tell you all you never wanted to know about fanfic writing. :3

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Last edited by Alter Ego; July 12th, 2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old July 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Without any sort of knowledge of what the story is about, how can we help you pick out a Pokemon to use as a character? Okay, maybe you want someone to say "Write me a story about a Mew!" and you'll write a story about a Mew. But why do you have to wait for someone to tell you what Pokemon to write about?

Alter Ego showed you one way to create a fanfiction: take a message that you want to say and then figure out what character you want to use. There is another way that I find useful, especially when working with Pokemon.

The idea is that you take a Pokemon, let's say...Lucario, because we all like Lucario. Now, if I wanted to, I could write a story about a Lucario that didn't like to fight or something but was forced to because of its family. Bam! You got a story idea of a Lucario that doesn't like to fight, so the message you can convey with your story is to follow your own dreams. It's an idea done many times before, but it shows you what I mean.

Look, just write your story. Write about whatever Pokemon you want to. You'll feel better because it's your story, and not what someone else tells you to write.

Just keep in mind that if you want to post your story, make sure that your grammar and spelling are pretty much top-notch. Look at the two threads Alter Ego linked in his post. They are helpful to writers.
Old July 20th, 2007, 08:39 AM
doomdezire
Beginning Trainer

ive sorted out the setting and everything i just need a main pokemon
i kill for sport
im a scyther,i am a killer
Old July 21st, 2007, 10:09 AM
silverish_dewil
PKMN Necromancer

i saw a pidgeot i the poll so i was wondering what would be the story with him in it. So i've voted for him.

Proud Team Aeon's member.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:50 AM
diamondpearl876
you can breathe now. x

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomdezire View Post
ive sorted out the setting and everything i just need a main pokemon
Perhaps you should tell us then, so we can help?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:14 AM
Chazza
Beginning Trainer

Legendary Pokemon and starter Pokemon tend to be over used to death, so I say once you have a strong plot, base it around a Pidgeot if it must be one of those Pokemon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here