The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets > Pokémon Strategies & Movesets (archive)

Notices

Pokémon Strategies & Movesets (archive) Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums. (Requires moderator validation before new threads are displayed)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Akuchiki Byakuya
APPLZ

Send a message via Yahoo to Akuchiki Byakuya

Advertise here
This is unoficial you retards, and it's not newb talk, your a newb in our thread so here's how it goes, Vainz asks for a certain kind of pokemon and you tell him which one you think is the best. we aren't doing it your way seeing as how this isn't your thread.
Old July 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Waffle-San
Blue-Steel

Nature: Jolly
That list is a joke, Cloyster is better than Shuckle in the wall departement. Togekiss and Espeon are Sp. Sweepers. Umbreon's a wall. You can bend a lot of pokemon into filling a lot of rolles.

Next time you try an "own" everyone on this thread that worked tireslly trying to put together the best TEAM, with MOVESETS, EV'S and NATURES. Put some thought into it, before posting a list with a fraction of possible pokemon. If you want to give your OPINION, we'll (more they) will gladly except you.

This thread needed to be revived anyways.
Current Monotype Unevolved Emerald Challenge; COMPLETED 51:52
The Final Chapter
Team:

Old July 27th, 2007, 05:51 PM
sims796
We're A-Comin', Princess!

Mr. City said it perfectly. Paranoia did it, yet he apologized. Don't come on this thread calling us newbs with your "saving grace" list. You're breaking the rules of this thread, and we won't have it. Contribute to the disscusion in a reasonable way, or leave. I've seen you in other threads, and you speak as if you know everything, even if you're the one asking for help.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Akuchiki Byakuya
APPLZ

I have found out that tangrowths may not be as good walls as I thought but mine did take out a snorlax and the other day it took out a gallade and a swampert.
Old July 28th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Punishment
Brotherhood of War

Send a message via AIM to Punishment
If we are going to suggest Tangrowth Id like to bring back Ludicolo. He is a way better Leecher then Tangrowth. Resistant to common elements such as Water, Steel and Ground. Not weak to Fire and the Elcetric elements. In fact all you have to do is worry about the Flying types as Poison and Bug moves arent so common. (The latter is showing up a bit more in U-Turn.)

For those who think they can just post a list and say owned you really dont see the freakin purpose of this thread. Yeah most of us know the OU Pokemon in the metagame. What we are trying to do is take six of them and make them into a team where they compliment each other and provide optimized versatility. So read most of the thread first before you post something for mere post count.

Kevin, 0301 6272 9844
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Akuchiki Byakuya
APPLZ

Actually, I've seen a lot of sludge bomb gengars recently and you still have to worry about aerial ace salamences and bugg buzz yanmegas. Plus a blissey pretty much dominates a ludicolo, and I don't know why you guys don't want seismic toss blissey, I could easily hatch the right nature and such for you guys if you can't get ahold of one. I have beaten all of the battle places on pokemon emerald I just don't breed for aromatherapy but yeah, I think you should consider a blissey, tangrowth team. My tangrowth took a critical hit from a swords danced(only one)garchomp. But then it died from a burn. I am just throwing suggestions out for everyone to look at.
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Mr.City
Internet Hate Machine

Did we decide on a wall yet?
Old July 29th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Azonic
pls stop talking to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Walls:
Uxie
Tangrowth
Probopass
Dusknoir
Cresselia
Rhyperior
Shuckle
Regis
Glaceon
Claydol

*most common UU walls, well most are UU. I missed some though.

Lol Probopass is a Special Attacker
I suggest Bastiodon for a wall.

Bastiodon@Enigma Berry
Nature: Bold/Calm
EVs: Max HP with split remaining in defenses.

Metal Burst
Taunt
Rest
Toxic

Bastiodon@Enigma Berry
Nature: Calm/Bold
EVs: Ditto

Swagger
Toxic
Block
Metal Burst

I'd use first one
Old July 29th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Mr.City
Internet Hate Machine

Could we replace swagger with something else?
Old July 29th, 2007, 06:03 AM
sims796

We agreed no legends. Not cause their bad, we just don't want em.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 29th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Azonic
pls stop talking to me
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
Could we replace swagger with something else?
Swagger is great with Block, Bastiodon's high defense can shield from the attack boost, I say not really.

I know no legends but, Cresselia's HP and defensive stats make me giggle.
Old July 29th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Vainz
The Pokemon and Jedi Master

Send a message via AIM to Vainz
Sorry i havent been posting guys. I have been getting back home from gov school, so now that I am home, I should be able to post more. I would like to start by thanking all of you for defending our thread that way. That person had no right to do what he did, and it looks as if he is gone. It is not going to be easy picking a wall, but I will stand by my choice to not accept legendaries, because i am a true gamer who thinks all legends are uber. If Cresselia was not legendary, she would probably be the next wall on our team, but, she is legendary.

Here are some of the Walls you guys have been talking about:

Tangrowth
Blissey
Dusknoir
Rypherior
Umbreon
Bastiodon

There are of course more, but i thhink these are the main choices we have to pick from. We can only have one of these. I pretty sure we all agree to keep Milotic, so i am assuming that we can only have one more. All of these have advantages and disadvantages. We have to think how the pokemon will fit in with the rest of our team. I am going to ask you guys to say which one you want. I am going to stick with my good friend Dusknoir. If we see that all of you want pretty much the same pokemon, then we will choose that one. Make sure to pick the one you want based on how it will help the rest of our team.
Old July 29th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Send a message via AIM to Avolition
I pick Blissey, because, like you said, this isn't the most original team, it's the best one we can think of, and Blissey is the original.I also don't trust anything with low HP, but I think with Blissey, that became a little extreme. I didn't pick Blissey because of the HP, I picked her because of the help she could do to any team.
For those of you who aren't total idiots, You'll probably know me from Netbattle. Yes it is the one and only Vash the Stampede, I was going to post to some pathetic whiner complaining about how much life sucks. Reality check... LIFE ALWAYS SUCKS! For those who don't know me, well I don't care about you. But i won't mind crushing children's ideals on pokemon with my totally sarcastic views on life. Some of you may be wondering "Why does he call himself 'God the stampede?'", simple I AM GOD!
On a side note I realize some of you may grow to hate me, or even hate me now. Please continue for your opinions of me matter as much as a hill of **** to anyone who matters and since no one but ME matters thats no one.
Hmmm alittle bit about myself.. Well.... I'm one of a dying breed. That is the Netbattle Troller. Most of you inbred losers'll come to realize this if my post of truth doesn't get me expelled from this place. I also hate morons. Oh and Brazillians for various reasons to numerous to mention in one post. Well I'm not going to continue to rant and rave about how much I'm better than 95% of you drones. We'll see what happens in the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonairKing2000 View Post
Hello, welcome to the community, by the way my name is Alex.
Lol yes, I've still left.
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Akuchiki Byakuya
APPLZ

Well I am just throwing the idea out there but since everyone is always using the same blissey I though we should try a new one, this is mine that I just got to try:

Blissey@leftovers
bold 252 defense 252 hp
reflect/light screen
softboiled
seismic toss/ice beam/thunderbolt
aromatherapy/calm mind

This one requires more set up but is more durable
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Send a message via AIM to Avolition
Hmm, I like it. with Light screen and max calm minds, Blissey will be impenetrable to anything. (Even Focus Blast)
For those of you who aren't total idiots, You'll probably know me from Netbattle. Yes it is the one and only Vash the Stampede, I was going to post to some pathetic whiner complaining about how much life sucks. Reality check... LIFE ALWAYS SUCKS! For those who don't know me, well I don't care about you. But i won't mind crushing children's ideals on pokemon with my totally sarcastic views on life. Some of you may be wondering "Why does he call himself 'God the stampede?'", simple I AM GOD!
On a side note I realize some of you may grow to hate me, or even hate me now. Please continue for your opinions of me matter as much as a hill of **** to anyone who matters and since no one but ME matters thats no one.
Hmmm alittle bit about myself.. Well.... I'm one of a dying breed. That is the Netbattle Troller. Most of you inbred losers'll come to realize this if my post of truth doesn't get me expelled from this place. I also hate morons. Oh and Brazillians for various reasons to numerous to mention in one post. Well I'm not going to continue to rant and rave about how much I'm better than 95% of you drones. We'll see what happens in the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonairKing2000 View Post
Hello, welcome to the community, by the way my name is Alex.
Lol yes, I've still left.
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Akuchiki Byakuya
APPLZ

The only problem is a switch to gallade or something will completely ruin the calm mind set up but it is pretty powerful with a bunch of calm minds and maybe if you had calm mind you wouldn't need light screen so that since you already have exceptional special defense go with reflect and then calm mind so that even a physical pokemon would have trouble taking you down.
Old July 29th, 2007, 01:01 PM
sanjay120
Trainer

Blissey @ Leftovers -- Bold
156 HP/252 Def/104 SAttk
Reflect/Softboiled/Thunderbolt
Reflect/Softboiled/Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Ice Beam

CMBliss is amazing. I'm toying with a modified Psych Up set for other CMers, it can just switch in and go (y halo thar Manaphy). Works best in Ubers, where everything is setting up, but I've used it in OU. Alternatively, you could combine Thunderbolt and Calm Mind into Charge Beam, freeing up a moveslot for Reflect or Aromatherapy.

Blissey @ Leftovers -- Bold
252 HP/252 Def/6 SAttk
Softboiled
Thunder Wave
Counter
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Seismic Toss

Massive HP + low defense. You can't OHKO a Blissey unboosted, and you will die when it Counters.

Oh, I miss the days when Blissey got Curse. That was amazing...
Old July 29th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Angelic Diablo
Scyther >> You

I don't care about which wall, but I hate the ones with multiple (and common) 4x weaknesses... those being Bastiodon (Fighting/Ground weakness) and Rhyperior (Water/Grass weakness)

Slicer the level 46 Scyther!
Old July 29th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Akuchiki Byakuya
APPLZ

But the thing about those two is bastiodon has extremely high defenses and rhyperior has the ability to tank.
Old July 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
sims796

Don't forget Rhyperior's awsome ability, making super effective hits 2.66 effective, very handy indeed.

Old July 29th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Waffle-San
Blue-Steel

Well I personally find a moonlight Umbreon, to be very effective and serves its purpose very well. Umbreon is what originally brought this team down, we could use it for the very opposite.
The Final Chapter
Team:

Old July 29th, 2007, 05:19 PM
sims796

Ah, Mr. May, welcome back! I hear good things on Leafeon, also serving as a Swords Dance passer.

Old July 29th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Waffle-San
Blue-Steel

Thanks Sims, probabley won't be back on tomorrow, being my birthday and all.

If my memory serves me correct, her stats serve the purpose and her movepool isn't bad eather. To many people run Ice Fang/ice beam, Fire Fang/Flamethrower and Aerial ace, its so unfair to grass types.

On the topic of Eveelutions, Vaporeon lines up with Milotic pretty well, in a Sp. Def, Hp switch off.

Relicanth, has good Hp and Defense too, i'm kinda shocked, I'm going to check its movepool out.

As much as I think about it Blissey's starting to grow on me, I guess they'res a reason why so many people use her.
The Final Chapter
Team:

Old July 29th, 2007, 05:59 PM
sims796

Happy [related?] B-day! I owe ya 14 bat swings to the face!

I never thought of Relicanth, I forgot it existed.

Old July 29th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Azonic
pls stop talking to me
Community Supporter

Glaceon serves as a wall and a great Special Attacker too, horrible HP... again.

Slaking is a doable physical tank. I say yes to Rhyperior, though it is UU. Gliscor is an option for a physical wall.

Steelix along with it, Cloyster,Aggron, and Torkoal are all great choices for physical walls.

Torkoal works as a Rapid Spinner. Gyro Ball is amazing on Torkoal. Iron Defense to boost that Defense and Amnesia to raise Special Defense.

Torkoal@Enigma
Trait: White Smoke
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 SP. DEF/ 80 DEF/ 172 ATK

Overheat
Gyro Ball
Curse
Rapid Spin/WoW/EQ

Aggron@Enigma
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 SP. DEF/ 252 HP/ 4 DEF

Iron Head
Stone Edge
Rest
Thunder Wave/Avalanche

Cloyster@Enigma
Trait: Shell Armor
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 DEF/252 HP/4 ATK

Toxic Spikes
Surf
Rapid Spin
Barrier/Explosion

Probopass@Enigma
Trait: Magnet Pull
Nature: Bold/Calm
EVs: 252 HP/ split in defenses

Block
Toxic
Swagger
filler

or

Toxic
Earth Power
Rest
Flash Cannon/Thunder Bolt/HP Rock

Any of these babys work well with Blissey.

Special Walls-Definitely Blissey/Snorlax.

Yes, I am addicted to Enigma Berries

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here