The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?
Hoenn 6 19.35%
Sinnoh 25 80.65%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Katalyst
Black Rose Immortal

I liked the maps.
If you want a spriter, just PM me.

© i Katalyst
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Yay! Beta 2.5! *Woot* Im going to play it here in alittle bit. Great Job so far Scompi! I had a question.. Will there be any Sinnoh Pokes? I will still love it if there aren't, but I was wondering if you would..

Great Job so far, and Good Luck with the rest!
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:52 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Finally managed to start playing some hacks, and Legends 2.5 was one of them. It was preety good because it's already a long hack (with many travels to different zones. I just wonder what are the plans for Sinnoh)

Well, a few things:

If you put some tiles as borders, and when you are making the map you use different tiles that reach those borders, then you'll get that "Trees are out of place" kind of problems. You have to remember that the hero always looks seven tiles ahead for the sides and five tiles ahead for up and down. So, expand your maps so we cannot notice when those problems occur (or, make it so that you always use one kind of tile to "blend" with the border tiles)... Argh, quite complicated what I'm trying to say

I have taken a screenshot of the "guy who wants to be God", it's not a problem of patching, it's just that for some reason, the guy shows up at that place, even when you placed them somewhere else in Advance Map (it's a common problem, you can fix that by using the Hidden atribute, or if you want assigning an already used flag for them)

Then, I have spotted a few scripts errors (not that many, though), the left Rocket blocking the north exit at Cyan City (makes a pokemon cry), the lady outside Cianwood's Gym (seems to want to say something, but then just gives the HM), and a similar problem with Agatha (basically, truncated messages)

Lastly, I think you did a mistake when checking the flag after defeating the Rockets at the Weather Institute, because I haven't beaten the Rockets there and everyone thinks I already did...

Keep it up scompi, you are doing great (and I repeat, I wonder what are your plans for Sinnoh, because so far I didn't recognize a bit of it)

Old August 9th, 2007, 01:01 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Finally managed to start playing some hacks, and Legends 2.5 was one of them. It was preety good because it's already a long hack (with many travels to different zones. I just wonder what are the plans for Sinnoh)

Well, a few things:

If you put some tiles as borders, and when you are making the map you use different tiles that reach those borders, then you'll get that "Trees are out of place" kind of problems. You have to remember that the hero always looks seven tiles ahead for the sides and five tiles ahead for up and down. So, expand your maps so we cannot notice when those problems occur (or, make it so that you always use one kind of tile to "blend" with the border tiles)... Argh, quite complicated what I'm trying to say

I have taken a screenshot of the "guy who wants to be God", it's not a problem of patching, it's just that for some reason, the guy shows up at that place, even when you placed them somewhere else in Advance Map (it's a common problem, you can fix that by using the Hidden atribute, or if you want assigning an already used flag for them)

Then, I have spotted a few scripts errors (not that many, though), the left Rocket blocking the north exit at Cyan City (makes a pokemon cry), the lady outside Cianwood's Gym (seems to want to say something, but then just gives the HM), and a similar problem with Agatha (basically, truncated messages)

Lastly, I think you did a mistake when checking the flag after defeating the Rockets at the Weather Institute, because I haven't beaten the Rockets there and everyone thinks I already did...

Keep it up scompi, you are doing great (and I repeat, I wonder what are your plans for Sinnoh, because so far I didn't recognize a bit of it)
I mentioned them to Scompi while Beta testing.(most things are text that needs editing)
He said he would fix them in the next beta.

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scompi
Thanks everyone and its great to hear that a lot of people are starting to play it now. Those bugs everyone's mentioned, they will be fixed in the next BETA, as stated by Dirk123. But for now, they will be put on the Bugs list.

As for Sinnoh's future(in Pokemon Legends), as asked by many people, I doubt that any more of Sinnoh will be making an appearance. Since it will be hard to make it flow nicely in the story. And another reason why Sinnoh isn't in, and its a very BIG reason, because Sinnoh wasn't even developed yet, it was just discovered(in Pokemon Legends). And the part of Sinnoh you do get to travel to is in fact, Spear Pilar, in it's earlier ages.

BTW Pokemon Legends takes place after R/S/E and right before D/P, perhaps a prequel to D/P and an idea of how Sinnoh was made.

Thanks, Scompi.
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:07 AM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Nature: Gentle
I knew it was spear pillar... and
How sinnoh was made.... wtf does that mean

RPG Maker Projects:
Pokemon Yitria: Redux - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Inferno Red - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Troditiran: Redux - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Boundless World - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Endless Crimson - Not Started Yet (I don't even remember what this was ._.)
Pokemon XD² - Shadows of a Former Chaos - In Progress
Pokemon Fragmented Red - On Hold
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD003 View Post
I knew it was spear pillar... and
How sinnoh was made.... wtf does that mean
What does it mean? It probably means how Sinnoh was developed, found, formed. It could mean a lot of things.

BTW, new banner. I made this one. Please put this one, or the other two in the first post, in your sig if you support Pokemon Legends. Thanks.

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited by Scompi; August 9th, 2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:13 AM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Ah! So are you going to put parts of Hoenn or Kanto for some other areas?

Last edited by ~*SerenadeDS*~; August 9th, 2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenadeDS View Post
Ah! So are you going to put parts of Hoenn or Kanto for some other areas?
Hoenn, I highly doubt. Kanto, could, I can't say right now. Hoenn, actually could...Since someone, or some people(other than Brendan), will be in the game.

BIG HINT, you could call it a spoiler. I guess:

Spoiler:
Everyone thinks Team Rocket's causing the bad weather, but they haven't mentioned anything about it right? And since people are being quiet about accusing Team Rocket, they don't even know that they're being accused. So, Team Rocket might not be behind the weather changes after all, but only they're usual "capture all pokemon...", ideas. They might just turn to help you in the near future. You can't capture all the pokemon in the world if they are dead(because of weather disasters), right? So who else could be behind these horrible weather disasters?

And thats about it...Whew. Getting interesting?

Thanks, Scompi.
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:39 AM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Wowz! Your really going out there with your Story! I like! Good Luck on whatever your doing now. This just keeps getting better...
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM
jon1992
Beginning Trainer

hey any luck with the bug fixing u when u think there will be anothe beta
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Thanks, SerenadeDS.

Another BETA? I wouldn't release another BETA due to very minor bugs. But, if they were bugs that couldn't let you pass and continue the game, then I would have to. But, thanks for showing interest.

Anyways, I'd like to hear everyones suggestions, since you guys will be playing the game. I want to hear any idea's, like where you want to travel to, who you want to see or battle, or even improvements in cities/towns and/or routes. As I've said many, many times before, if one person posts an idea, it may trigger another idea in someone elses head, or mine, that can lead to another great idea. So post suggestions, the first thing that pops into your head!

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited by Scompi; August 10th, 2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
dirk123
Organization XIII

An Elite 4 with Red(Champion), Gold, Brandon, May and the FR/LG girl(or Crystal) would be hell fun. Since this is AFTER the G/S/C/R/S events. And all of them have become E4 Champions in their respective games.

Maybe Silver & Green(Gary) as potential last 2 gym leaders.

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM
BrainDamage
Vinyl Jockey

Nature: Adamant
what i think would be awesome, would be different starters, just to mix things up a bit. like make the starters: beldum, larvitar, and bagon/Dratini

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
An Elite 4 with Red(Champion), Gold, Brandon, May and the FR/LG girl(or Crystal) would be hell fun. Since this is AFTER the G/S/C/R/S events. And all of them have become E4 Champions in their respective games.

Maybe Silver & Green(Gary) as potential last 2 gym leaders.
That's a great idea. But, won't Red's Pokemon be too strong? Because in G/S/C he had like lv.80 pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naos View Post
what i think would be awesome, would be different starters, just to mix things up a bit. like make the starters: beldum, larvitar, and bagon/Dratini
Well, thats a good point. But(again), you get the national dex after you beat Cianwood Gym. And you only start to meet Johto Pokemon after you get to Johto. So, it wouldn't work out.

Thanks, Scompi.
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
well they wouldn't necessarily have to be the proper levels, but just the concept is pretty cool

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
well they wouldn't necessarily have to be the proper levels, but just the concept is pretty cool
Yeah, I agree. I was thinking that because I did it with Jasmine, I lowered her Steelix to lv.28. Thats a cool idea, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks, Scompi.
Old August 10th, 2007, 05:39 PM
jon1992
Beginning Trainer

hey wat if u add an event that when u see brendan at the spear pillar u battle him and if u win he gives u a starter pokemon or watever u pokemon u choose
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
KyGon
Master Charizard Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KyGon
or just make some starters appear very rarely in the wild.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Scompi
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992 View Post
hey wat if u add an event that when u see brendan at the spear pillar u battle him and if u win he gives u a starter pokemon or watever u pokemon u choose
Very good idea. You will most likely get to battle Brendan, but not at Spear Pillar. Maybe later on in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGon View Post
or just make some starters appear very rarely in the wild.
Also a good idea. But which starters are you talking about? All of them?

Thanks, Scompi.
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Not to put words in KyGon's mouth, but I think he means to do something like what Zel's doing with Shiny Gold. Which is putting the starters thoughout that game. Now that would be awsome!

But whatever you do I will still be a supporter!
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:59 AM
furbie22
Pokemon Master

Found a bug. if you have just walked up the stairs to the next town and you go up the game restarts. or is that just me
otherwise great hack
Old August 11th, 2007, 05:01 AM
furbie22
Pokemon Master

another if you click on the snes a load of mad dialoge appears
Old August 11th, 2007, 05:03 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbie22 View Post
Found a bug. if you have just walked up the stairs to the next town and you go up the game restarts. or is that just me
otherwise great hack
Thats just you, did you pach it correctly and on a clean rom?

Old August 11th, 2007, 05:07 AM
furbie22
Pokemon Master

wow im findin a lot of bugs. if you stand under the sign with the little girl reading it the top of your head disappears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
Thats just you, did you pach it correctly and on a clean rom?
i think so ill try it again

tried it on a new firered rom i downloaded.
The Snes bug is still there. Now yew says the same gibberish in his lab.
The outside world and the bag are really screwed up and if you go in your house you go in through a wall.
finally Sunset peninsula seems to have a solid waall above it cos i can't get through
i don't want to sound like im complaining its just i thought you ought to know all problems.
(p.s its not the Rom it happens on two seperate roms from different sites)

Last edited by Sylphiel; August 12th, 2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: merging multiple posts
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links