The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Comic Tragedy

Location: The suburbs, and no I don't need to describe much further.
Nature: Relaxed
Wow I cant wait to play this when I get back to my own comp.

take a few sʇuǝɯoɯ and look at this tag.
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Ho-oh arabia
Yeah, i started the fire.

yay, zel is back! lov ur hack, keep it up. ur one of the ONLY rom hackers to keep up with ur game!kudos!
98% of teens drop pokemon after middle school. If ur part of the rare 2% who still like it after middle school, copy and paste this into your signature.
My FC-0000 9782 1250 pm me for name.
I claim:
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Nature: Adamant
Yay! This hack is back!
You ever do a great job Zel! Keep on!
I love it!

----------------------------------------------------

Yupi! Este hack está de regreso!
Como siempre, un excelente trabajo de Zel! Síguele así!
Esta bien "chido" el hack
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Shiun Enshidia
The Demon Nicknamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shiun Enshidia
It's good to see that Shiny Gold is back.
I've been looking at the screenshots, nice sprites/tiles, looks a little different to me. I'm not too fond on the D/P Pokecentres though. Or the Markets but hey I like them still.
Hopefully you'll see this through to the end, this is probably the most advanced hack I've seen on Poke Community so keep on going.
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Blitzballer
Sarcasm: now GMO-free.

Nature: Jolly
Wow, back already? The first time I saw the last thread, it was in the hundreds but now my post is in the top 5! Just wanted to say that I love the pallete change except for the three little flowers (two red and one white?). Another thing I was wondering was if you were going to go back and clean up some of the maps and scripts (i.e. Blackthorn gym, Victory Road, First Steps into Kanto).

Great job and keep it up!
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
yAY Zel is back with Shiny Gold its the best hack ive played in ages
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazkaza View Post
Wow, back already? The first time I saw the last thread, it was in the hundreds but now my post is in the top 5! Just wanted to say that I love the pallete change except for the three little flowers (two red and one white?). Another thing I was wondering was if you were going to go back and clean up some of the maps and scripts (i.e. Blackthorn gym, Victory Road, First Steps into Kanto).

Great job and keep it up!
What's wrong with the gym and victory road, I think he did an excellent job on them.

Old August 15th, 2007, 08:03 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barker View Post
I reread the first post again, I like the idea of the Phone booth. It's an awesome way to include some sort of phone feature without the Pokegear available.

The site banner? Sure, I guess.
Thanks *goes and puts banner in sig* there now my sig looks better and as an added bonus I included the link to your page!

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.

Last edited by shadoweevee; August 15th, 2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:06 PM
aaronburnsyou
<-- Please feed me Everstones!

Nature: Lax
Oh cool, the new thread's up. Now I have a question regarding one I asked months ago.

I recently asked someone who posted on the old thread how they got their Politoed, and they said it was by level up, although you said it evolves by one of the stones, so which is it?

(On a side note, awesome job, I'm loving the game, you pretty much know what else goes in here already)
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Blitzballer
Sarcasm: now GMO-free.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover94 View Post
What's wrong with the gym and victory road, I think he did an excellent job on them.
No, no, no. he did an AMAZING Job!!! I was just wondering about touch-ups, as he gets better at mapping.
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:59 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
Let me just say that Shiny Gold was the reason that I got into hacking and PC. But I found a little glitch in the game. If you haven't beaten the Cianwood Gym and come back to the olivine lighthouse and then the gym, Carlos still talks as if you have got the badge the Cianwood Gym.
Yes, there are many "continuity" errors that I haven't thought of, because I'm used to play the game in a specific way, and I haven't prepared a plan for such situations. So, I don't consider them as glitches (though I should add them in my own list of stuff to fix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG14 View Post
Woot, SG is back! New tiles look a little funny, but whatever.

Also, I hope Dirk doesn't mind, but I edited his walkthrough a bit to include some extra locations and other things. I just wanted to help a bit.

I think you should work together with dirk if that's the case (PM him), then tell me what happened in a PM, and I'll update the walkthrough uploaded in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barker View Post
Awesome, glad to have another thread for this. I'm not too far, only at Goldenrod, but I love it.

On another note.. Zel, I've been working on this for a while, I'm not too sure what you'll think about it. If you'd rather me not work on it, because of the secrets it "ruins", I'll abandon it. It only goes up to where I'm at right now (Goldenrod, again), and it's still "Version one", so it's not perfect, but..

*Shrug*
Yes, I read the walkthrough you did, and I was quite happy to see how you made it (though that's Noland... not Carlos >.<), I'll also post a link in my Tourist Center to have another, more graphical, option for a walkthrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronburnsyou View Post
I recently asked someone who posted on the old thread how they got their Politoed, and they said it was by level up, although you said it evolves by one of the stones, so which is it?
Hmmm... With a Sun Stone, most likely... But, at this rate there's people who know this better than me... O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazkaza View Post
No, no, no. he did an AMAZING Job!!! I was just wondering about touch-ups, as he gets better at mapping.
Well, most of my interiors (for caves) will remain as they are, because it's one of the things I'm most proud of. Then, you have the Gym's interiors, where Kike will help me once I start getting busy with my Uni, so there's work on the hack even when I can't be too concentrated on it

I won't be revealing more things all at the same time, besides, I need to implement some of the stuff, and right now I'm more interested on keeping mapping and scripting the story (well, I'm done with Celadon's Outside, now I need to script everything there)

Old August 15th, 2007, 10:04 PM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Nature: Gentle
Damn only 2-3 days and already 3 pages... this hack is that good apparently, although i already knew that. I cant wait for the new version, i beat the current version in 1 day <i sleep too much, and play games all day, but not anymore> but this hack was HARD, all those new events and map changes. And, i love the pictures.
by the way, will the next version be the final one or the one AFTER this next one?

RPG Maker Projects:
Pokemon Yitria: Redux - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Inferno Red - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Troditiran: Redux - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Boundless World - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Endless Crimson - Not Started Yet (I don't even remember what this was ._.)
Pokemon XD² - Shadows of a Former Chaos - In Progress
Pokemon Fragmented Red - On Hold
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Wow this took about 3 days for me to beat, well it was very enjoyable.

The Aggron at Sea Cave was a cool add-on :D

I can't wait to play the next beta.

Well good luck, zel.

(Wow I think your going all the way and release a full hack.) (Most people give up.)

My X/Y Team:

Old August 15th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Ivysaur
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Well, I have been thinking, and I think I found a way to fixthe Cerulean gym problem with the tiles.
The solution is expanding the map and making a second gym, and putting a scripted warp in the entrance. If you haven't meet Misty yet (you have to meet the rocket in the gym first), the script warps you to the first gym, with all the water filled with 4's. And, when you meet Misty, the game sends you to the second gym with the trainers. Obviously, the machine part must be in both.

Mario | A mí nadie me dijo de vos
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:55 PM
LiquidR
I am the shadow of the moon

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LiquidR
I really enjoyed this hack and I still do

I hope the next Beta will be out soon.

BTW the new music rock's

Click to view my FC
Spoiler:

Old August 16th, 2007, 12:16 AM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

Nice work on the music, zel. You have two promising composers there. I'm looking forward fro the next release so that I can listen to the G/S music. I also hope that it jives with the Sevii music in the game.

Don't worry. I'll pray that you'll find a way to get that random thingy. Otherwise, special events would be nice, for a change.

I hvae updated the GBA Music Looping thread. It now has a tutorial for looping multiple-tracked S Files. Click the link below:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118722

Due to popular demand, I have lowered the Wild Pokemon Theme (with two versions) and added it in my music collection thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756

Next STOP: To make guidelines regarding GBA music tracks
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Shiraishi
Orz

There is a nice G/S/C kanto gym leader remix on youtube :x That should work :D
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:06 AM
trevor813
Its Just Me I Am Zero

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trevor813
hahahahah it good have u back zel so take as much time as needed
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:21 AM
martauros
Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever

Zel I've goy an idea how to get the dogs.
On roue8 there'll be a cave. When u go to the cave, there'll be3 next caves(Thunder path, ember(or flame) path, vapour(or sea) path. In the end of these paths there;ll be dogs!

(thunder-raikou
ember- entei
vapour-suicune)
On thunder path should be Thunderstorm
On ember sandstorm
On vapour a mist( coz rain is in thunderstorm)

Niech KAŻDY kto zna polski wyśle mi prywatną wiadomość, PROSZĘ
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD003 View Post
by the way, will the next version be the final one or the one AFTER this next one?
No, the plan is: Beta5, up to Fuchsia. Beta6, up to Mt.Silver (thus, the end of the "normal" game) Beta7, all the added extras. Final Release, the free of bugs release. And then, most likely there could be improvment releases, but most likely the Final would be the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
Well, I have been thinking, and I think I found a way to fixthe Cerulean gym problem with the tiles.
The solution is expanding the map and making a second gym, and putting a scripted warp in the entrance. If you haven't meet Misty yet (you have to meet the rocket in the gym first), the script warps you to the first gym, with all the water filled with 4's. And, when you meet Misty, the game sends you to the second gym with the trainers. Obviously, the machine part must be in both.
Yes, it's kinda as I did with Silph. Yes, that can work (as long as people don't mind the door's warp not opening and the warp working automatically, 'cause that's what would happen)
But, hey! You are getting a scripting mind! XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonex25 View Post
Nice work on the music, zel. You have two promising composers there. I'm looking forward fro the next release so that I can listen to the G/S music. I also hope that it jives with the Sevii music in the game.

Don't worry. I'll pray that you'll find a way to get that random thingy. Otherwise, special events would be nice, for a change.
Yes, I need to insert a few more tracks that birthofdna sent me. The Sevii music is GS-remixed music that I may or may not use (maybe I should change everything so it sounds everything in the same style)

martauros: I already have something in mind for the dogs. It's related with the stuff I still don't want to say, so wait till I release that info.

Well, that's all. Good to see everything's calmer now (or perhaps the mods have been working while I was sleeping? ), anyway, I'll come back later.

Old August 16th, 2007, 09:44 AM
BlueSonic
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlueSonic
Dude, I've said it to myself time and time again, this hack is awesome! I don't know how you can keep hacking this in your spare time.
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:06 AM
isaac2112
Beginning Trainer

@Zel: I was just thinking about this a while ago, maybe you have already thought of it. But, are you going to throw in an event so that you can trade pokemon with emerald because in fire red, you know, at the sevii islands you have to get the ruby and the saphire to trade with emerald. Maybe this can be in one of those extra events that you were talking about. But I was just reminding you.

Thanks for a great hack! =]
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:15 AM
XD003
The Silver Rose of Chaos

Nature: Gentle
that seems like a good idea... too bad it aint MY hack, but if it was mine, i'd try and do that.

RPG Maker Projects:
Pokemon Yitria: Redux - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Inferno Red - In Progress (Taking a break)
Pokemon Troditiran: Redux - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Boundless World - Not Started Yet
Pokemon Endless Crimson - Not Started Yet (I don't even remember what this was ._.)
Pokemon XD² - Shadows of a Former Chaos - In Progress
Pokemon Fragmented Red - On Hold
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:17 AM
StrickeN
The mighty force will Strike

Ok well I was introduced to this game with the pirated version i borrowed froma friend. And I did a bit of research and I love this hack. I can't wait till the b5 comes out cuz i got a pr0 team :D beat shiny gold in 3 days :/ so i need something else to do and I wanan catch all 386 pokemon including the "dum dum dum" legendarys. I got a shiny celebi and shiny ho-oh :D after loads of resets. I just wanna catch mewtwo I was kinda angry to find that the entrance to mewtwo had a block >.> and what about the dragons den is that leading to something special to? with the boulder blocking the path, :/ I can't wait to have some more fun on b5 give me a heads up on when you "expect" it to come out cuz I know it ain't out now I just wanna know how soon i can expect something sweet

Later

-Stricken

Scizor for life!
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
first off. I'd like to say, welcome back and awesome job on this hack. I've played through it and its wonderful, (Nintendo ought to hire you). I do have a couple ideas for some of the legendaries, but I won't mention them here(spoiler) . All I can say now is keep on adding whenever you get a chance (I know how uni life can be).

Spoiler:
the reason for not listing legendary ideas here:
1: just in case you want to use them they would not be known through out the forum already
If you do want to hear and consider my ideas I'd happily send a PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links