The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:40 AM
evilcheese
God I am so freakin lazy

wow Zel just have to say its getting better and better

this almost looks like it was made from nintendo

hope you reach your goal!!!

Banner Credit = me <> No shop <>
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:30 PM
KyGon
Master Charizard Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KyGon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst ninja View Post
cool this is an awesome hack, just one question how do i download it?
go to the first page,click on the version of the hack you want(top is easy bottom is hard),Then a window will pop up,click save.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:42 PM
HaXored-X
Beginning Trainer

this really is an awesome hack. The best ive ever played in fact!
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:04 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGon View Post
go to the first page,click on the version of the hack you want(top is easy bottom is hard),Then a window will pop up,click save.
If you are going to say that you know he is going to ask the question "how do I play it?" so refer him here to answer all his big Q's

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Pokefan2008
Objection!

wow zel shiny gold is the bomb everybody loves so many posts this hack is the best!
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:47 PM
PokeFanatic12698
Legendary Trainer

Send a message via AIM to PokeFanatic12698 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PokeFanatic12698 Send a message via Yahoo to PokeFanatic12698
cant wait til its finished.hmm i wonder if someone might make a hack just as good as zel's.
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Barker
I'm drifting in deep waters..

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Well, as you wish... But, try not to spoil the fun with showing the maps, or at least put the maps as an option.
Yeah, that was one of the things I had already planned out. Probably have a link to them with Spoilers on it or something, at least for the Routes and Caves.

And Noland..
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
RiderLeangle
Trainer

Great Work, I've played since I found the last topic link, Very good, Although the problem is trying to Fly because its the Sevii Islands map wise. Good job anyways. (And I hope you don't mind that I didn't have any Water Pokemon to learn surf at the time that I opened a FireRed Rom that has gameshark codes in it then open ShinyGold to get the medicine).
And I see with the Slowpoke Tail thing you added the text "(Poor Thing)" which I don't remember from Silver (Never got Gold).
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
cal.kriptic
Emulation Freak

Love the game its a real inspiration, hope you keep up the amazing work and complete it! xD

GAME CREATOR
Gold's PokePet

Whizzer the level 76 Lugia!

For a free gameing console including psp,ds,360,wii,ps3 click HERE all you have to is complete an offer £1 or dollor is the max amount you'll spend then refer 5 to 10 people to do the same thing depending on the console and you'll recive a Free Games Console
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:20 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anger2headshot View Post
EDIT: Just remembered - D/P Pokemon centres, marts and gyms? Where'd that idea come from? O_o
It comes from the idea that I want SG to be a mix of generations, that's why there are GBC, GBA and DS graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMNIPOTENT View Post
-i downloaded the last version: in the burnt tower there's still the smashing rock. in the "old bugs" you said u removed it. what's the truth?
-ehr, i met the kurt's evil clone XD
*can't post url to other sites i haven't 15 posts '*
www . zshare . net/image/31818270ced35d/
give him the white apricorn after the slowpoke well, then i came back after HM01 to obtain the charcoal. in this time, i found this. the busy kurtz says go away, the free one if u have apricorns bring them to me, so the ball wasn't ready yet. to you
I'm not that sure if you have the newest version because of the rock, it must not be there, on either version (normal or X), if I took it out of the list is because I removed it.
And about Kurt, I'll follow your steps to see what I get once I get some time (I bet it won't happen to me XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girifarig View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but will the Viridian City trainer House be back. Obviously it won't have the luxury of taking the trainer's party from mystery gift, but will it hold a few really good trainers that you can battle over and over? (Cal should make an appearance in there if there is a trainer house. He's the one with the Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr)
Also, if I remember correctly, in the Celedon Dept. Store you weren't allowed to buy stones, will this change?
Will the Rocket underground hideout under the game corner still be in there?
Will there be a radio tower in lavender or will it still be a memorial tower?.
what will the new building in vermilion be?
anyway if you get a chance and would like to address these questions feel free, if you would rather let us all figure it out in the next beta (released whenever you decide) thats fine too.
The Trainer House will contain our good friend CAL (because that's what I'm gonna get when I get to Viridian, so I'll stick to what I get)
Yes, you will not be able to get Stones till much later in the game.
To Jess and Jamie's surprise, the Hideout is not there anymore... (just like in the original, after all)
The new building will be decided later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyogre1940 View Post
I have 2 questions. First, there appears to be a glitch in the Dragon's Den. After I get the Dragon Fang, I talk to Claire and it freezes up! Why?! I got the new beta, not cheating, everything! My 2nd question is, why aren't you using my music? I'll send you a couple more, but for the most part...
You are not supposed to talk to her. You are supposed to step in a tile that makes her dissappear from the Den, so you will not see her till you take the item (the Dragon Fang) on the floor. Once you get the item, she will appear, give you the Badge and then disappear again.

If something didn't work like I mentioned, tell me exactly what went wrong, as it could help me to spot a leak in the script (or it could mean: either a flag problem, or a rom problem, though improbable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeFanatic12698 View Post
cant wait til its finished.hmm i wonder if someone might make a hack just as good as zel's.
Yeah, the good thing is that the hackers are really giving a good effort to improve their games (I'd be happy if SG contributed to improving the overall level of hacks :D) And, I saw a lot of cool stuff thought in many hacks. They have the advantage of being more original than me, 'cause I must stick to a set story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
And I see with the Slowpoke Tail thing you added the text "(Poor Thing)" which I don't remember from Silver (Never got Gold).
Yeah, the original Gold's item's descriptions are quite short, so I usually add some stuff (most of the time is funny stuff ), to fit a few more words there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei173 View Post
Anyways Zel did u create the Overworlds and the sprite when your choosing the Hero or Heroine for Gold and the final evolution of the starter revamps? Because I swear I've seen the same sprites in a website,if you want,I can PM you the link to the spritework.
Yes, I think I know what you are refering about. Yes, it's because the author (Marnic) posted his work there. I really didn't know of his existance till he decided to PM me his work
And now he's colaborating with new sprites.

That's all I have (cause I said to avoid the pirate stuff, just say NO to them, as always ), and also stop the "playing the game on flashcards and that kind of stuff" at least for a while, to avoid getting offtopic, thanks.

Onto the game, if you checked the First Post, I have updated the Progress Section, as I have finally stepped out of Celadon. Now I'm heading to Cycling Road, and mainly I'm heading to a lot of Routes, so it'll all be just fixing a bit the maps and editing A LOT of battles, but it'll not be hard work, so I expect to make them fast, and in the end, reaching Fuchsia by Monday (Thursday Uni starts again, but since it won't be that hard at the beginning I'll keep the rythm for a while)

...Sigh... I'm breathless (huh? I thought I was writing? O.o), well, see ya later!

Old August 17th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Momoko
OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!

Nature: Relaxed
Okay,two questions about Shiny Gold.

No 1: What is the Viridian trainer club,or whatever Zel was talking about earlier in one of his posts,and Cal is a member of it??? Can somebody please explain.

No 2: Who is this Ashly sprite people are talking about?

PS: If some of this has to do with Beta4,I haven't finished it yet (it took a long time to get roms working on Windows Vista O.o)

My wonderful sissy-Soari
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Shiun Enshidia
The Demon Nicknamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shiun Enshidia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
It comes from the idea that I want SG to be a mix of generations, that's why there are GBC, GBA and DS graphics.
Ah I see how that works. That answers my comment. I don't find the Pokemarts as eye pleasing though.

This really inspires me to make my hack. Of course when one cannot find resources *COUGHCOUGHHINTHINTromCOUGHCOUGHWHEEZE* one usually gives up trying. Ah well, still I pen down my maps on pen and paper. Maybe someone will make them come to light.

Anyways, are you going to make anything after Mt. Silver? Or are you going to make that bit 100% like Gold?
Old August 18th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader

Sorry for the late replay zel but welcome back. And you know that I highly love your hack. But I can't play it at the moment. I don't have any ROM... But I play it asap when I have my FR-ROM. Keep on.
Old August 18th, 2007, 01:56 AM
UnitRico
Trainer

Well zel, I didn't post on the last topic of ShinyGold, but the game still is great. I only have one question, if the beta5 comes out, is it possible to patch it over the beta4 ROM without losing my current game?

~Cya, UnitRico

Gogo Pokémon Gale!
Old August 18th, 2007, 02:58 AM
♠εx
Working on my hack, busy also.

I have a two questions.

1. Will mewtwo be added into the game after you collect all badges.
2. Will you add any extra maps if you have some leftovers?

The palettes and trees match, I like all the maps and how you edited them . There were only a few glitches when I was playing the game, one was that after I beat team rocket at the slowpoke well I couldn't go to Kurt at all. When I went out of the house and back in the game screen turned black and froze. Dunno if this has happened before.

Anyway, nice job .

Yes, this does mean Icy Blue will be locked down, but only for a short time while I fix my bugs.

- Crashink.
Old August 18th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei173 View Post
Okay,two questions about Shiny Gold.

No 1: What is the Viridian trainer club,or whatever Zel was talking about earlier in one of his posts,and Cal is a member of it??? Can somebody please explain.

No 2: Who is this Ashly sprite people are talking about?

PS: If some of this has to do with Beta4,I haven't finished it yet (it took a long time to get roms working on Windows Vista O.o)
Ok just to help you out. The trainer house was an installation in Viridian City where, in the gbc series, it would allow you to battle in the basement, the default trainer in the basement was Cal. However, if you happened to use the mystery gift function with one of your friends, the game records your friends Pokemon and then your friend replaces Cal. since mystery gift doesn't work like that any more, I think that a proper way to rebuild it ould be to have about 4 or 5 trainers that you could battle more than once.
As for the Ashley character, she is a new character that Zel put in. She is the Cianwood gym leader Chuck's Niece. she appears now and then after you defeat her in front of her uncle's gym.
I believe that the Asley character is the only thing in this post that has to do with B4 since you cannot access viridian in B4.
Hope this helps
Old August 18th, 2007, 05:12 AM
ChrisG14
I'm back baby!

Nature: Calm
Well, I PMed dirk, and he said that you can go ahead and update the walkthrough. We'll keep trying to make it better though.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Edited Pokemon Shiny Gold Walktrough.doc‎ (83.0 KB, 56 views)
Old August 18th, 2007, 05:40 AM
birthofdna
Togepi

Quote:
Ok just to help you out. The trainer house was an installation in Viridian City where, in the gbc series, it would allow you to battle in the basement, the default trainer in the basement was Cal. However, if you happened to use the mystery gift function with one of your friends, the game records your friends Pokemon and then your friend replaces Cal. since mystery gift doesn't work like that any more, I think that a proper way to rebuild it ould be to have about 4 or 5 trainers that you could battle more than once.
As for the Ashley character, she is a new character that Zel put in. She is the Cianwood gym leader Chuck's Niece. she appears now and then after you defeat her in front of her uncle's gym.
I believe that the Asley character is the only thing in this post that has to do with B4 since you cannot access viridian in B4.
Hope this helps
Actually, Chuck's niece's name is Amelia. "Ashley" is actually Ashlee, the Pokemon Thief who steals a] your Badges and b] Silph's Prototype at certain points in the game.

FAVORITE POKEMON:
DEOXYS, the DNA POKEMON (hence my username)
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:17 AM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticManyula View Post
I think not. But you should patch it into a clean FR Rom again, because if you don't, it may cause bugs.
If you mean to countune you game, Yes, but instead patch over the same rom just get a new rom and rename your sav file to the same name as the rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brane View Post
I have a two questions.

1. Will mewtwo be added into the game after you collect all badges.
2. Will you add any extra maps if you have some leftovers?

The palettes and trees match, I like all the maps and how you edited them . There were only a few glitches when I was playing the game, one was that after I beat team rocket at the slowpoke well I couldn't go to Kurt at all. When I went out of the house and back in the game screen turned black and froze. Dunno if this has happened before.

Anyway, nice job .
1. Yes
2. ask Zel, not my call

Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.

Last edited by shadoweevee; August 18th, 2007 at 07:27 AM. Reason: fix quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Something I noticed while playing was that if you get the coin case and hit the slots right away, You already have 28 coins. I don't recall if that was in the original or not but please look into it.

Old August 18th, 2007, 08:41 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Hope this helps
You are mixing characters up.

Ashlee is a girl(thief) trainer and rival who has an evil pikachu

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old August 18th, 2007, 08:53 AM
EarthsVisitor
Jolly Good

Send a message via AIM to EarthsVisitor
Zel,
You're doing a great job with your hack.
You truly are a great inspiration to many of the begginer hackers.
I think at least 1/3 of all Hackers, always say to me, "Yeah, I started hacking after I played Shiny Gold."

Keep up the great work.
I personally, HAVE NOT, played your hack yet.
But that's because I'm waiting until it's finished, and I'm SURE I'll love it.

-EarthsVisitor

Old August 18th, 2007, 10:08 AM
OMNIPOTENT
Beginning Trainer

zel a thing 4 the spearow script, i already tried talking with the guy next to the berry tree (the tired one) and nothing... i tried again now and nothing again... rom problem?

and some problem entering mahogany town from route 42, the old man appears from nothing, dunno if it's normal.

Last edited by OMNIPOTENT; August 18th, 2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:40 AM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
zel a thing 4 the spearow script, i already tried talking with the guy next to the berry tree (the tired one) and nothing... i tried again now and nothing again... rom problem?

and some problem entering mahogany town from route 42, the old man appears from nothing, dunno if it's normal.
That's happened to me before the Old man isn't there then I take a step and BAM he appears out of nowhere. It's pretty mind-boggling.

Spoiler:

Old August 18th, 2007, 11:41 AM
yoshikiller995
Any thing but slow

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to yoshikiller995 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to yoshikiller995
Quote:

You must take th mail off of the spearow, then it should work, I had the same problem.

Click on them ;D You know you want to.
I'll do it for yours!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links