The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_hacker_neo View Post
-HackMew- Your tools are the best. I am using most of them to create my own hack, however, where can I find something to change the very begining text in FireRed (Where it describes what the buttons do and the text before Professor Oaks speach. the one that looks like a notebook)
----THANKS for the tools, and if noone know where to find what I am looking for that is ok.
like what was told to me, since they got on my case about it, i'm getting on yours that has nothing to do with this thread, *goes to report*

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:47 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
I downloaded the APE and tried it. I cant import ".pal" pallete...When I import, it says "...Occur when importing pallete..." or " Runtime Error...."

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:11 AM
ebcellis
Beginning Trainer

Heya m8 gr8 stuff anychance of you doing a map editor thanks :D
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:32 AM
SilverPlatinum
Beginner

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks for the tools! I never would have found out some of them without you. get more in the future

Silver's Blaze the level 13 Ninetales!
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Corona
Trainer

When I use your UnLZ Gameboy to change a pokemons sprite its all messed up. How do I fix this from happening?

Edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdIvDQYHtA

Last edited by Corona; August 21st, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM
Dark Empoleon
Armored Emperor Penguin

Hmmm all these tools are great but, will you be adding 2nd Gen tools? Cause' I need a 2nd Gen map editor and overworld sprite editor.

@JoyRide The same thing happens to me when I change the trainer sprite, when i view it on the trainer card its leg is like screwed up.
Old August 25th, 2007, 05:03 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGroudon View Post
I downloaded the APE and tried it. I cant import ".pal" pallete...When I import, it says "...Occur when importing pallete..." or " Runtime Error...."
Well, ".pal" files are not all the sames, even if they have the same extesion. But, as the program tell you, when importing/exporting a palette you can choose the "PaintShop Palette". What you loaded is not a PaintShop Palette, obviously. I guess you exported that .pal file from VBA, isn't it? Well, export the palette again as a PaintShop format and then import it on APE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcellis View Post
Heya m8 gr8 stuff anychance of you doing a map editor thanks :D
Why I should make a map editor where there is AM already? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPlatinum View Post
Thanks for the tools! I never would have found out some of them without you. get more in the future
You're welcome! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyRide View Post
When I use your UnLZ Gameboy to change a pokemons sprite its all messed up. How do I fix this from happening?

Edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdIvDQYHtA
I saw your video and I understand why you get the error... You simply unchecked the "Auto abort" option and you imported a really big sprite ovewriting some important data. Also, remember that when you import something it has to be the same dimensions (width/height) as the original one. And when it say that's too big, instead of simply unchecking the Auto abort option, repoint the image in some place full of FFs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Empoleon View Post
Hmmm all these tools are great but, will you be adding 2nd Gen tools? Cause' I need a 2nd Gen map editor and overworld sprite editor.

@JoyRide The same thing happens to me when I change the trainer sprite, when i view it on the trainer card its leg is like screwed up.
Well, since I hack the Advance generation, probably I won't make any 2nd generation tools. Also, for a 2nd gen map/graphics editor google GoldMap or ask in the Simple Questions thread.
Regarding the second question, see my answer above.
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:29 AM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Hey HackMew! I love your Tools! Top of Line! But I was wondering, have you ever thought about makeing a tool that lets you change the PokeDex Info for FR/LG/E? Its too bad that Dexter is for R/S, and I haven't found another way, excpet maybe Hex....
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:52 AM
D-Trogh
Dead

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to D-Trogh
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenadeDS View Post
Hey HackMew! I love your Tools! Top of Line! But I was wondering, have you ever thought about makeing a tool that lets you change the PokeDex Info for FR/LG/E? Its too bad that Dexter is for R/S, and I haven't found another way, excpet maybe Hex....
Have you seen this post? You can look for the other offsets yourself.
Anyway, -HackMew- has thought about this.. but we're busy with our hack..
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:04 AM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Ah! Thanks D-Trogh! I didnt see that! Well, I would say that Baro has out done him self agian eh? XD

Good Luck with your guys Hack too!
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:57 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenadeDS View Post

First of all, thanks ^^
As D-Trogh said some posts above, I've already thought about a Dexter improvement. At the moment I'm fully working on my hack (hopefully it should be released next week) with my team and I have no time to work on programs. But don't worry, you just have to wait ;)
In the meanwhile, you can check the detailed info about the PokéDex I've posted in the Simple Questions thread.
BTW, I've already planned 4/5 new tools (a new script editor included). Don't forget to check the first page frequently as I update my programs often :)
Old August 28th, 2007, 04:03 AM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by - HackMew - View Post
First of all, thanks
As D-Trogh said some posts above, I've already thought about a Dexter improvement. At the moment I'm fully working on my hack (hopefully it should be released next week) with my team and I have no time to work on programs. But don't worry, you just have to wait
In the meanwhile, you can check the detailed info about the PokéDex I've posted in the Simple Questions thread.
BTW, I've already planned 4/5 new tools (a new script editor included). Don't forget to check the first page frequently as I update my programs often
Yep! Thanks agian. Ah! New Scrpit Editor? As-In one like Advance-Text, or like PokeScript? BTW, Good Luck on your hack! I will keep a look out!

PS - 4/5 New Tools? Hehe, maybe I should put my Hack on hold to see what those are! XD
Old September 1st, 2007, 05:31 PM
Short Range
Chargin' mah Solarbeam!

Nature: Naive
I have a quick question about APE. First of all your tools are great and I'll definatly be using them alot. Thanks for making them so much. My question is, does anyone know what the Palette Offset is for The Two main characters OverWorlds? I don't really know how to find overworld Palettes so if you could tell me that aswell I'll have less trouble with Revolution. Thanks again for making these fabulous tools. =D

Nintendo Wii Code ~ 6691-5507-3921-0167
Pokemon Platinum Code ~ 1849-2990-6860

Feel free to drop me a line on Wii Message or MSN! :D
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:18 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Range View Post
I have a quick question about APE. First of all your tools are great and I'll definatly be using them alot. Thanks for making them so much. My question is, does anyone know what the Palette Offset is for The Two main characters OverWorlds?

Your question, however, should belong to the Simple Questions thread. Anyway, all you have to do is to seach the palettes you'd like to edit. See the Readme for some basic info.
Oh, BTW the Overworld palettes should be LZ77 compressed. Hope it helps!

@ ALL: a new program was just released. Have fun!
Old September 6th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Short Range
Chargin' mah Solarbeam!

Nature: Naive
Thank you so much. I've waited so long for that question to be answered and the Simple Questions thread wasn't helping for me. I'll have to try it myself though as I don't quite understand. Anyway nice to see a bit of an update. what does the DS tool do? It looks cool from judgement of the screenshot. =D

Nintendo Wii Code ~ 6691-5507-3921-0167
Pokemon Platinum Code ~ 1849-2990-6860

Feel free to drop me a line on Wii Message or MSN! :D
Old September 20th, 2007, 01:11 AM
jr.hacker
Beginning Trainer

the pages havent loaded for me but i have used advance map and that is primo anyway you have top of the line tools hackmew
Old September 24th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Argent Crusader
Isn't Falstad dead?

Nature: Lax
Ummm, great tools HackMew!
Everything here it's great. I'm wondering if it's possible you do a "Tiling Program" Somehting that gives you a tileset like AdvanceMap (ordered). But it saves in the Unlz format, not like AdvanceMap (Uncompressed). Gives you the chance to export an indexed image and allows you change the palletes also. It will be great!
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM
bull_44
Beginning Trainer

Old September 27th, 2007, 10:25 AM
psyduck6199
Beginning Trainer

thanks a lot for these hack tools. i was searching for them
Old September 30th, 2007, 02:56 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.hacker View Post
the pages havent loaded for me but i have used advance map and that is primo anyway you have top of the line tools HackMew
Thx :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kike-Scott View Post
Ummm, great tools HackMew!
Everything here it's great. I'm wondering if it's possible you do a "Tiling Program" Somehting that gives you a tileset like AdvanceMap (ordered). But it saves in the Unlz format, not like AdvanceMap (Uncompressed). Gives you the chance to export an indexed image and allows you change the palletes also. It will be great!
I'm glad to see you like 'em :D
Uhm, regarding the Tiling program I cannot give you a final answer since I would have to know some things that are kinda "uknown" for me. But yeah, if you want to provide your help just tell me ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull_44 View Post
thats a good tool nice one :):):):):):)
Well, it isn't only one tool! XD
Or are you just talking about something in particular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyduck6199 View Post
thanks a lot for these hack tools. i was searching for them
You're welcome ;)

Hey, everyone! Today is... UPDATE TIME!
Therefore, I'm proud to announce my 2nd Big Update :)
For any further details, check the first post as always.

Oh, by the way, since I've planned some new tools I was wondering if it would be a good idea to make a sort of poll in order to release the most wanted tool. Drop me a line with your opinions if you want. Thanks in advance.
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Wuggles
Pokémon Omega

Again! Very nice upgrade
You should sell your programs, then you'll be millionair in no time

anyway, they're very nice
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:03 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuggles View Post
Again! Very nice upgrade ^^
You should sell your programs, then you'll be millionair in no time :P

anyway, they're very nice ^^
LOL, that could be true :P
Anyway, back to topic, at least I got one response... You didn't say anything to my lil' poll idea though. (Read my previous post)
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
Wuggles
Pokémon Omega

I didn't saw it xD
I think it could be a nice Idea..
Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
ebcellis
Beginning Trainer

thanks soo much for theese- they realy helped me - now all i need to know is how i can change the Player ( you ) in battle when he throws the ball and i also need to know how to change the press start screen!
thanks bye!
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Wuggles
Pokémon Omega

@ebcellis
Zel's your man!

D-Trogh too .
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links