The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
What do you mean? You looked at its new location at the walkthrough? Are you using the latest bugfix? Because I had the same problem in the first B4 released, but the bugfix fixed it.
Did you talk to Amelia in the powerplant. That's what triggers the event. There is also a glitch in Cerulean that if you talk to the guy behind the house that tells you about Cerulean cave. It acts as if you have an item finder after he's done talking

Last edited by Apple Inc.; August 22nd, 2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:52 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover94 View Post
There is also a glitch in Cerulean that if you talk to the guy behind the house that tells you about Cerulean cave. It acts as if you have an item finder after he's done talking
It also happened in the original gold ¬ ¬ It is supposed to be the guy's item finder detecting an item in the sea...
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Apple Inc.

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
where do you get aerial ace?
You get aerial ace from falkner after defeating him and if you already got rid of it you can warp to Pewter city or use the Kanto glitch to get another one, Just talk to brock

Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:50 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

well??? where do you get because i waant to beat the gym in cianwood but my pidgeotto is only lv20. i wnt to teach my quilava Aerial ace.

Last edited by pokeguy12; August 22nd, 2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Your posts were automagicly merged due to a doubleposting
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:17 AM
shutupplz
Da MetaLova

Nature: Adamant
muahahaha i love your hack zel!!

"WE LOVE YOU ZEL!" says your many fangirls around the world

Taylor's PokePet

MetaMoltres the level 84 Moltres!

Shawn's PokePet

META the level 84 Metagross!

Shawn's PokePet

Milo the level 84 Milotic!

Shawn's PokePet

Ty the level 84 Typhlosion!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

well? can anybody tell me where i get tm Aerial ace
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
well? can anybody tell me where i get tm Aerial ace
Find it your bloody self you newbie >>
I had it but don't remember where.
I think in Kanto >>

And this topic is't for random questions like that >>

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
Scytheteen
What is mine is yours

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Scytheteen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scytheteen Send a message via Yahoo to Scytheteen
woah, respect man. that wasn't nice

*reports*

anyway the move deleters mouse is all glitchy, just wanted you to know

Safari Type: Ghost
Shuppet, Dusclops, Phantump
PM for FC
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

If anyone want s to know where anything is or how to do anything look in the tutorials. That's waht it's there for. And anyway the fun in games like these is trying to figure out how to do things and find everything. So everybody please stop asking, how do I do this?
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Scytheteen
What is mine is yours

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Scytheteen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scytheteen Send a message via Yahoo to Scytheteen
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
If anyone want s to know where anything is or how to do anything look in the tutorials. That's waht it's there for. And anyway the fun in games like these is trying to figure out how to do things and find everything. So everybody please stop asking, how do I do this?

i understand, but he didn't have to say it so rude...

Safari Type: Ghost
Shuppet, Dusclops, Phantump
PM for FC
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:12 PM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
I was rude because a lot of posts(hundreds) in the old topic were like that.
Which caused the topic to be closed so that Zel could examine every post.

I don't want it to happen again >>

Now let's go back on topic, okay?

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
mariods64
Beginning Trainer

i can not wait till the next beta, nice job on this hack zel. keep up the good work
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Katalyst
SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB

@rridgway: Yeah, Zel changed it. TM35 is now Swift as in the original one. TM49 is Fury Cutter like the original one.

----

Zel, the sinking of the S.S. Aqua is a cool add-on (Jamie, I think, says something like "I don't wanna go to school today". That part was funny), and the appearing Aggron when you get the GS-Ball is cool too. I can't wait for the next Beta.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Forest Grovyle
Resident Reptilian Artist

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Forest Grovyle
dirk, I understand your frustration, but there's no need to lash out like that - one of the rules here is to respect all members. Please always try to be polite.

pokeguy12, don't bypass the character limit. There is always something else you can add to your post - the limit is there for a reason. Your posts took the thread a bit off-topic.

Okay, back to the topic at hand.

--FG

Forest Grovyle x wakachamo
~*paired since May 2007*~

Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
Corona
Trainer

Well since this is the only thread about shiny gold I think we should be allowed to ask any qeustion as long as its not on the first post or just completely stupid. Im on the newbies side

Old August 22nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
LaymanX
Beginning Trainer

Its not a major thing at all, but I dont think the yellow line on the boys hat should disappear for his up running animation. It just looks weird.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Apple Inc.

Shinygold is my personal hack of the year. No other hack I've ever seen was as advanced. What really impresses me is this is your first hack and you did such a magnificent job.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Corona
Trainer

I just found a MAJOR Glitch.

After not playing shiny gold I reloaded one of my old save files and started playing. And geuss what happened?

It was all well glitched up. I couldnt leave the 2nd gym and I couldnt talk to carlos and when I went into a battle the game well froze with a red screen. Video comming soon :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMcwqP3c9Pw

Last edited by Corona; August 22nd, 2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
mariods64
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by JoyRide View Post

After not playing shiny gold I reloaded one of my old save files and started playing. And geuss what happened?

It was all well glitched up. I couldnt leave the 2nd gym and I couldnt talk to carlos and when I went into a battle the game well froze with a red screen. Video comming soon :'(
yeah that sometimes happens and i do not like it either

P.S. i rated it awesome btw just for the fun of it)
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariods64 View Post
yeah that sometimes happens and i do not like it either

P.S. i rated it awesome btw just for the fun of it)
It fixed it self so its not a problem but when it crashed I ended up back in oaks lab O.O

And yes....oaks not elms

Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoFreX View Post
Nice hack zel, got a question, you going to add any new gyms to the hack?
I think 16 Gyms is more than enough. Don't you think? O.o
But, in the extra locations there could be something-not-exactly-a-gym-but-maybe-similar-thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon1.0 View Post
ive noticed that if your in kanto and fly to route 4 u end up in blackthorn, if you fly to pallete you end up in new bark, if you fly to the pkmn center near the power plant you end up in mahogany...

will this be fixed in B5?
The flying thing is something not in my list of priorities (and, by the way, it's a problem with all the hacks, we just need to get together and find a way to work with the flying posts), till that happens, there'll be no changes on the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG14 View Post
Zel, you didn't update dirk's walkthrough yet. The update is one of the attachments and it answers some of the questions that people keep asking.
OK, finally done ;P
By the way, For all your gaming questions check the walkthroughs in the First Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martauros View Post
Zel, In Gold HM 6 is whirpool, and TM 6 is rock smash. In your version HM 6 is Rock smash and Clamperl has the Whorpool. What is TM 6:\
And in right Saffron gate you can go ON the first two places of a blue fence.
What is TM6? Toxic, as it has been in Gold, FR, RSE... I don't currently remember which TM was R.Smash in Gold (not that it really matters), but definitely not TM6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover94 View Post
You get aerial ace from falkner after defeating him and if you already got rid of it you can warp to Pewter city or use the Kanto glitch to get another one, Just talk to brock
garfieldlover94, please, leave the answers for me. This is the second time you give a wrong answer, and you keep confusing people...

Answering to pokeguy12, you cannot get Aerial Ace yet, so unless there's a way to get a poke with that move (maybe Taillow/Swellow?, don't know), and then start to breed you will not have that move, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
Find it your bloody self you newbie >>
I had it but don't remember where.
I think in Kanto >>

And this topic is't for random questions like that >>
Well, you had a semi-warning from FG, but either leave the answering for me (since I seem to be a more calm guy than many other people around this thread), or just try to remain calm when answering. (Besides, what did I say on Rule No.2?)
By the way, the thread is still small, and I'll keep bothering the mods to run constant checkouts on the thread, don't worry, I'll do all in my power to keep this thread alive

It's not like they are asking for off-topic stuff, anyway.

Still, people with gameplay questions must read the walktrhoughs and the FAQs (and the full list of FAQs also helps, as it has a few additional gameplay questions answered as well). So, go to the first post, and go to the Tourist Section, DO IT NOW!

Really, I'll repeat it to everyone: keep the things calm. You never know when I could have a bad day and do something you won't like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rridgway View Post
I know this has probably been said before (didnt bother to check all threads and pages for it), but couldnt you change the tm list so you get the same tms as in the original?
The whole original list won't be in ('cause I mixed the Gold and FR's TM list), I ended up with something cooler than Gold's TM list, in my opinion.

Quote:

Quote:
It fixed it self so its not a problem but when it crashed I ended up back in oaks lab O.O

And yes....oaks not elms
I don't know what happened (looks as if you patched over patching, or used an older save on a newer release), but probably it was just a rom problem. As I said sometime ago, I usually just save within the game's save menu at the Pokemon League (because it automatically saves, anyway ), but then I just use Savestates, maybe that gives me less problems than other people. I don't know.

Alright. Finished with a Second run of the game and fixed a hell lot of problems, and perfected a few scripts. I also have finished the Route12, and so I'll be going to Route11 and the Digglett's cave (you won't be able to freely explore Route2, don't forget that!)

By the way, I think I'll show one of the surprises I'm gonna be implementing for the next Beta...

Do you wanna guess?... No... Not... That's not it... Not at all... Wrong!

What is it? It's the Trick House!

Yes, the Trick House from RSE was one of my favorite locations in RSE, because of the puzzles they used. So now, it is time for me to give you a whole set of new puzzles considering we are now in Johto, and stuff changed. So, just like the trick house in RSE, the puzzles will be varying as you defeat Johto (and Kanto :D) Gyms!

Oh, by the way, that thing right next to the building is one of the many Phone Booths you'll see across the game (I said I was gonna talk about those things later, more specifically once I start to implement their script, so I can show you how they work)

Peace! (And this time... I really meant it )

Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Wow, zel, you are about the best hacker of all time. I know for a fact that you could get a job in making pokemon games. Well, that is, if you wanted to. I don't know how you could implement, or even script a phone booth into pokemon.

Well good luck as always and happy hacking.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:51 PM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Nice work on the Phone Booth Tile zel it looks great!

Also the Trick House is an Awesome addition :D

My X/Y Team:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links