The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:51 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
By the way, I think I'll show one of the surprises I'm gonna be implementing for the next Beta...

Do you wanna guess?... No... Not... That's not it... Not at all... Wrong!

What is it? It's the Trick House!

Yes, the Trick House from RSE was one of my favorite locations in RSE, because of the puzzles they used. So now, it is time for me to give you a whole set of new puzzles considering we are now in Johto, and stuff changed. So, just like the trick house in RSE, the puzzles will be varying as you defeat Johto (and Kanto :D) Gyms!

Oh, by the way, that thing right next to the building is one of the many Phone Booths you'll see across the game (I said I was gonna talk about those things later, more specifically once I start to implement their script, so I can show you how they work)

Peace! (And this time... I really meant it )
Wow! that's a great idea! I would never have guessed that...

BTW I think people using old save should not be able to post glitches, because of the all the messed up stuff they get in the process. But it's your decision Zel.

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Wow Zel, the trick house; that's the last thing I would of thought you would put in SG, but I'm glad you did cause the puzzles in there were fun. And the phone booth looks awesome, I still can't wait to see how that'll work.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
XxOblivion77
All-Around Gamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to XxOblivion77
Wow.

I was just playing emerald and saw the trick house and thought:

" Zel should put this in shiny gold"

I was coming here to request it, but there it was.

Always thinking ahead, good job.

The fly spots/map is pretty annoying, but if you can't fix it, well that's just that.

Oh, in someone's thread, they said they were able to include night and day, but I'm almost certain you can't mimic this because:

1. He/She was using emerald, a game with time
2. Your using Fire Red, a game with... no time

Oh well, it's not needed so it doesn't really matter.

Honestly Zel, this hack is crazy awesome and you have some unique ideas, I hope you make another hack after this :D
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Putting my great observation skills to the test... Is that just west of Violet City?
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Ivysaur
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Yep, where the Sudowoodo. Better, because I hated not having a fly spot near in R/S/E. That's a wonderful addition, zel!

Mario | A mí nadie me dijo de vos
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Kronos1000
Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys

Hey Zel, I'd like to report something. There are people in the game that give Items, but when your Bag is full they just don't give you anything, this includes: The three Dragon Masters, the PP Max guy, Bills Grandfather and their may be others, but not that I know of. S oif your Bag is full they say and do as they give you the stuff, but if you make a free spot in your bag afterwarths they act like they've allready given it.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:03 AM
a2h
ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C

More improvments over Gold than Nintendo made for FireRed/LeafGreen over Red/Blue.

With the trick house, woah. Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

a2h.uni.cc
twitter.com/a2h_
steamcommunity.com/id/a2h
Pt: 5370 6433 2751
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:15 AM
Katalyst
SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB

Wow, the Trick House.

I started to like the Trick House as soon as I entered there, in Ruby. So, Shiny Gold will be a lot cooler than it is now (very cool already :D).

Zel, I'm sure Shiny Gold will be the Hack Of the Year, no doubt. I can't stop saying it is the best hack. Keep up the super-excellent work, man.

Bye!

Last edited by Katalyst; August 23rd, 2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:34 AM
martauros
Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever

Nature: Quiet
Great idea Zel ,I wonder how it'll look inside. Great hack Zel, keep going!!!

Niech KAŻDY kto zna polski wyśle mi prywatną wiadomość, PROSZĘ
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:00 AM
Anthony_Cini
Beginning Trainer

Great Hack I just started playing it it's so cool.

What is the newest beta?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:37 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

beta 4 , as zel said it may take beta 6-7 or even further to fully cimplete the game.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:21 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxOblivion77 View Post
Oh, in someone's thread, they said they were able to include night and day, but I'm almost certain you can't mimic this because:

1. He/She was using emerald, a game with time
2. Your using Fire Red, a game with... no time

Oh well, it's not needed so it doesn't really matter.
Yes, I know you refer to Tutti's hack, don't worry I know them (and Mastermind_X did a good job on the night/day system for Emerald)

By the way, although I won't be implementing that thing now (mainly because I have other priorities, and mainly 'cause I want Tutti to enjoy the system for some time), it could be possible (according to Mastermind_X) to do a similar system in FR, although, OBVIOUSLY, won't use real time, but would use the gameplay's time in order to do the night/day. It would be something, at least (But as I said before, I'm not gonna be doing something about it, 'cause I think finishing the game comes first, then we can discuss extra features all you want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos1000 View Post
Hey Zel, I'd like to report something. There are people in the game that give Items, but when your Bag is full they just don't give you anything, this includes: The three Dragon Masters, the PP Max guy, Bills Grandfather and their may be others, but not that I know of. S oif your Bag is full they say and do as they give you the stuff, but if you make a free spot in your bag afterwarths they act like they've allready given it.
I blame myself for never using the jump BAGISFULL... I guess it's a fault in my scripting "learnage", but, since I'm already doing everything that way, I guess there's no way to change how I'm doing things now. So, make sure to always have a free spot in your BAG. There are a lot of giveitems commands and it's gonna be hard for me having to fix each one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by martauros View Post
Great idea Zel ,I wonder how it'll look inside. Great hack Zel, keep going!!!
Yeah, I also wonder how it'll look O.o ('cause I just mapped the exterior, I'll leave the interiors for after I finished with Fuchsia, and don't forget... I also have to think on cool puzzles using the HMs )

That's all, I'm gonna start today's hacking so I'll come back later with more news!

I'll repeat, so people don't forget it: "Keep a good eye on the First Post, it has a lot of information! (And it can solve many questions you could have, being gameplay or not) Read it, read it, read it"

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:15 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

is it possible to get the silver wing? or are you going to implement that in the next BETA?

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
As far as I know (correct em if I'm wrong zel) bt I don't think the silver wing can be obtained in the current beta. As for if it is in the next beta, I don't know because I don't know where it will go to.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:22 AM
BlazikenMaster2000
Blaziken Master

Zel, did you know that if you try to use the bike in Route 39, it won't let you do it, but if you go to Olivine City it works fine.

Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1247 0539 4874

I Myself Am A Shiny Hunter. So far I have Collected 3 Shiny Pokemon.
Hunting For:

Shiny Pokemon That I have:
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:23 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
Quote:
Originally Posted by girifarig View Post
As far as I know (correct em if I'm wrong zel) bt I don't think the silver wing can be obtained in the current beta. As for if it is in the next beta, I don't know because I don't know where it will go to.
you cannot get it now, and I don't think you will get it in B5 either.
I believe B5 is going to Fuschia City, and the wing is in pewter. therfore, I don't think you can get it.

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:32 AM
BlazikenMaster2000
Blaziken Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazikenMaster2000 View Post
Zel, did you know that if you try to use the bike in Route 39, it won't let you do it, but if you go to Olivine City it works fine.
it also happens in route 38.

Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1247 0539 4874

I Myself Am A Shiny Hunter. So far I have Collected 3 Shiny Pokemon.
Hunting For:

Shiny Pokemon That I have:
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:37 AM
Scytheteen
What is mine is yours

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Scytheteen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scytheteen Send a message via Yahoo to Scytheteen
yeah the bike thing is messed up. 0_o anyway its not a big problem

Safari Type: Ghost
Shuppet, Dusclops, Phantump
PM for FC
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
The Champion Lance, doesn't have the Trainer Class Champion because if I used the existing "Champion" trainer class, he'd automatically gets called as our rival. So, I had to give him another trainer class, and the only one that I could use (that mantain a cool BGM) is the Elite Four trainer class, so that's why I decided to change all the Elite 4 + Champion into "Elitetrainers"
I think I know how to solve that. And I'm surprised that you dind't use that method. Just find some spare Trainer Class (FR/LG has many of them) and change its name to "CHAMPION". Then, use this class for Lance. Simple, isn't it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot about the BGM.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:50 AM
martauros
Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever

Zel, In Olivine left to port when you are walking behind this grey rock, a wild water pkmn can jumps to you O.o. And in front of ... restaurant( the building looking like bike shop in FR) there isn't any footprints.

Niech KAŻDY kto zna polski wyśle mi prywatną wiadomość, PROSZĘ
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:27 AM
Kronos1000
Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys

I just remebered, are you still going to implant the Berry Shop in Kanto? You said so in the old thread, maybe Celadon will be a good place because it's a flower town.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
Welo9
Beginning Trainer

Everyone is saying this is like the best rom for this year huh?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

aw the sad part is i'll lose my great team when the next beta launches

Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:43 PM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
aw the sad part is i'll lose my great team when the next beta launches
You can reuse your save file ith the next beta O.O

Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:48 PM