• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
Well since this is the only thread about shiny gold I think we should be allowed to ask any qeustion as long as its not on the first post or just completely stupid. Im on the newbies side ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2008
Its not a major thing at all, but I dont think the yellow line on the boys hat should disappear for his up running animation. It just looks weird.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Shinygold is my personal hack of the year. No other hack I've ever seen was as advanced. What really impresses me is this is your first hack and you did such a magnificent job.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
I just found a MAJOR Glitch.

After not playing shiny gold I reloaded one of my old save files and started playing. And geuss what happened?

It was all well glitched up. I couldnt leave the 2nd gym and I couldnt talk to carlos and when I went into a battle the game well froze with a red screen. Video comming soon :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMcwqP3c9Pw

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2007

After not playing shiny gold I reloaded one of my old save files and started playing. And geuss what happened?

It was all well glitched up. I couldnt leave the 2nd gym and I couldnt talk to carlos and when I went into a battle the game well froze with a red screen. Video comming soon :'(

yeah that sometimes happens and i do not like it either

P.S. i rated it awesome btw just for the fun of it)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Nice hack zel, got a question, you going to add any new gyms to the hack?

I think 16 Gyms is more than enough. Don't you think? O.o
But, in the extra locations there could be something-not-exactly-a-gym-but-maybe-similar-thing... ;)

ive noticed that if your in kanto and fly to route 4 u end up in blackthorn, if you fly to pallete you end up in new bark, if you fly to the pkmn center near the power plant you end up in mahogany...

will this be fixed in B5?

The flying thing is something not in my list of priorities (and, by the way, it's a problem with all the hacks, we just need to get together and find a way to work with the flying posts), till that happens, there'll be no changes on the map.

Zel, you didn't update dirk's walkthrough yet. The update is one of the attachments and it answers some of the questions that people keep asking.

OK, finally done ;P
By the way, For all your gaming questions check the walkthroughs in the First Post!

Zel, In Gold HM 6 is whirpool, and TM 6 is rock smash. In your version HM 6 is Rock smash and Clamperl has the Whorpool. What is TM 6:\
And in right Saffron gate you can go ON the first two places of a blue fence.

What is TM6? Toxic, as it has been in Gold, FR, RSE... I don't currently remember which TM was R.Smash in Gold (not that it really matters), but definitely not TM6.

You get aerial ace from falkner after defeating him and if you already got rid of it you can warp to Pewter city or use the Kanto glitch to get another one, Just talk to brock

garfieldlover94, please, leave the answers for me. This is the second time you give a wrong answer, and you keep confusing people... :(

Answering to pokeguy12, you cannot get Aerial Ace yet, so unless there's a way to get a poke with that move (maybe Taillow/Swellow?, don't know), and then start to breed you will not have that move, sorry.

Find it your bloody self you newbie >>
I had it but don't remember where.
I think in Kanto >>

And this topic is't for random questions like that >>

Well, you had a semi-warning from FG, but either leave the answering for me (since I seem to be a more calm guy than many other people around this thread), or just try to remain calm when answering. (Besides, what did I say on Rule No.2?)
By the way, the thread is still small, and I'll keep bothering the mods to run constant checkouts on the thread, don't worry, I'll do all in my power to keep this thread alive ;)

It's not like they are asking for off-topic stuff, anyway.

Still, people with gameplay questions must read the walktrhoughs and the FAQs (and the full list of FAQs also helps, as it has a few additional gameplay questions answered as well). So, go to the first post, and go to the Tourist Section, DO IT NOW!

Really, I'll repeat it to everyone: keep the things calm. You never know when I could have a bad day and do something you won't like...

I know this has probably been said before (didnt bother to check all threads and pages for it), but couldnt you change the tm list so you get the same tms as in the original?

The whole original list won't be in ('cause I mixed the Gold and FR's TM list), I ended up with something cooler than Gold's TM list, in my opinion.

It fixed it self so its not a problem but when it crashed I ended up back in oaks lab O.O

And yes....oaks not elms

I don't know what happened (looks as if you patched over patching, or used an older save on a newer release), but probably it was just a rom problem. As I said sometime ago, I usually just save within the game's save menu at the Pokemon League (because it automatically saves, anyway :P), but then I just use Savestates, maybe that gives me less problems than other people. I don't know.

Alright. Finished with a Second run of the game and fixed a hell lot of problems, and perfected a few scripts. I also have finished the Route12, and so I'll be going to Route11 and the Digglett's cave (you won't be able to freely explore Route2, don't forget that!)

By the way, I think I'll show one of the surprises I'm gonna be implementing for the next Beta...

trickhousexq0.png

Do you wanna guess?... No... Not... That's not it... Not at all... Wrong!

What is it? It's the Trick House!

Yes, the Trick House from RSE was one of my favorite locations in RSE, because of the puzzles they used. So now, it is time for me to give you a whole set of new puzzles considering we are now in Johto, and stuff changed. So, just like the trick house in RSE, the puzzles will be varying as you defeat Johto (and Kanto :D) Gyms!

Oh, by the way, that thing right next to the building is one of the many Phone Booths you'll see across the game (I said I was gonna talk about those things later, more specifically once I start to implement their script, so I can show you how they work)

Peace! (And this time... I really meant it :classic:)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Wow, zel, you are about the best hacker of all time. I know for a fact that you could get a job in making pokemon games. Well, that is, if you wanted to. I don't know how you could implement, or even script a phone booth into pokemon.

Well good luck as always and happy hacking.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Nice work on the Phone Booth Tile zel it looks great!

Also the Trick House is an Awesome addition :D

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
By the way, I think I'll show one of the surprises I'm gonna be implementing for the next Beta...

trickhousexq0.png

Do you wanna guess?... No... Not... That's not it... Not at all... Wrong!

What is it? It's the Trick House!

Yes, the Trick House from RSE was one of my favorite locations in RSE, because of the puzzles they used. So now, it is time for me to give you a whole set of new puzzles considering we are now in Johto, and stuff changed. So, just like the trick house in RSE, the puzzles will be varying as you defeat Johto (and Kanto :D) Gyms!

Oh, by the way, that thing right next to the building is one of the many Phone Booths you'll see across the game (I said I was gonna talk about those things later, more specifically once I start to implement their script, so I can show you how they work)

Peace! (And this time... I really meant it :classic:)

Wow! that's a great idea! I would never have guessed that...

BTW I think people using old save should not be able to post glitches, because of the all the messed up stuff they get in the process. But it's your decision Zel.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Wow Zel, the trick house; that's the last thing I would of thought you would put in SG, but I'm glad you did cause the puzzles in there were fun. And the phone booth looks awesome, I still can't wait to see how that'll work.

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Wow.

I was just playing emerald and saw the trick house and thought:

" Zel should put this in shiny gold"

I was coming here to request it, but there it was.

Always thinking ahead, good job.

The fly spots/map is pretty annoying, but if you can't fix it, well that's just that.

Oh, in someone's thread, they said they were able to include night and day, but I'm almost certain you can't mimic this because:

1. He/She was using emerald, a game with time
2. Your using Fire Red, a game with... no time >_>

Oh well, it's not needed so it doesn't really matter.

Honestly Zel, this hack is crazy awesome and you have some unique ideas, I hope you make another hack after this :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Yep, where the Sudowoodo. Better, because I hated not having a fly spot near in R/S/E. That's a wonderful addition, zel!

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Hey Zel, I'd like to report something. There are people in the game that give Items, but when your Bag is full they just don't give you anything, this includes: The three Dragon Masters, the PP Max guy, Bills Grandfather and their may be others, but not that I know of. S oif your Bag is full they say and do as they give you the stuff, but if you make a free spot in your bag afterwarths they act like they've allready given it. :(

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
Years
More improvments over Gold than Nintendo made for FireRed/LeafGreen over Red/Blue.

With the trick house, woah. Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Gabri

m8
Years
Wow, the Trick House.

I started to like the Trick House as soon as I entered there, in Ruby. So, Shiny Gold will be a lot cooler than it is now (very cool already :D).

Zel, I'm sure Shiny Gold will be the Hack Of the Year, no doubt. I can't stop saying it is the best hack. Keep up the super-excellent work, man.

Bye!

Last edited:

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
beta 4 , as zel said it may take beta 6-7 or even further to fully cimplete the game.

Back