The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
i looked in the FAQ and it said both answers are negative
Your obviously lieing or just not understanding it because ask Zel himself. He said in the last thread you can. And why do I use my save file from Beta 3.5 on beta 4 and it works fine.

Q: Do I need to restart my game to play the newest Beta?
A: You need to patch it once again into a clean ROM. But you could still use your previous save file. If you want to try it, just save in a PC, to be safe. However, I recommend you to play it from the beginning once again, to appreciate the fixes, playing it more safely, and to avoid bugs that should not happen, because I'm not responsible if something fails!

Copy and Pasted right from The First Shiny Gold thread

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

Originally Posted by zel
Q: Can I patch over an older patched Beta? Can I continue from an older Beta save? (C)
A: To my knowledge, both answers are negative. Patching over patching and using an older Beta save bring a lot of more errors than when playing the game normally from the beginning. So, don't get too attached to your Pokemon while playing the Beta versions.
well there's what he said in the FAQ.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
well there's what he said in the FAQ.
Well hes wrong O.O look at the first thread your self. Infact I will even make a video of it

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

fine >.> ill listen to you for now , but don't blame me for ever getting big errors in your game.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
fine >.> ill listen to you for now , but don't blame me for ever getting big errors in your game.
Actually I havent done it for real only for proof I just know it works.

And it will only cause errors if you save after you do it which I dont

Anyways the video is almost done

Actually I do remember that when beta 4 came out i used my beta 3.5 save file. And the only error was the celebi event wouldnt start. Which isnt a big error infact i think its because I did the kanto glitch

Video is almost done uploading

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Blaziken Trainer
Trainer

After I beat the Elite 4, and the ending credits show up, the game starts over, and I have nowhere to save. Do you think this is a bad rom?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
bendamasta
Beginning Trainer

its ur save file... remove the sav. file and change the save type to flash 128k... unfortuneatly that didnt work for me... but thats what it says in the FAQ
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken Trainer View Post
After I beat the Elite 4, and the ending credits show up, the game starts over, and I have nowhere to save. Do you think this is a bad rom?
No

You never save using the real game by pressing start then press save. Or you never changed it to Flash 128k so if it was a bad rom something would of happened before that like for everyone else the game not loading XD

Here is the proof of the save file thing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7V3SYhSi9w

And if you remove the .sav file you loose your save file all togethor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfMVRCScr4 - Video guide for farfetch'd event

Last edited by Corona; August 23rd, 2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
Lash

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken Trainer View Post
Right before you begin to even play your game, make sure you have it on Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K

If you have it on that from the start, before you even play your game, you will be able to save anytime at any point. If you do that, then you will be able to continue onto Kanto after you beat the Elite Four and Lance, etc.
However, unfortunately it will not work if you do it mid game with a .sav file already open, or thats already been played before, so you have to start from the beginning.

I hope this helps with anyone that is having that problem with the game.

Edit: If you did not completely understand it, PM me so I can simplify it down a little more, or record a video.

"Jimmy you are forever in our hearts"

And **** you 2009 for taking him from us.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
I believe B5 is going to Fuschia City, and the wing is in pewter. therfore, I don't think you can get it.
Erimgard is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazikenMaster2000 View Post
Zel, did you know that if you try to use the bike in Route 39, it won't let you do it, but if you go to Olivine City it works fine.
Yes, no more Bike problems thing. It is mentioned in the glitches post (because there are a few places where there are problems with the Bike). So, next time a post with a glitch regarding the Bike shows up it should be deleted (I think it already was mentioned a few times in this thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martauros View Post
Zel, In Olivine left to port when you are walking behind this grey rock, a wild water pkmn can jumps to you O.o. And in front of ... restaurant( the building looking like bike shop in FR) there isn't any footprints.
And, I also don't want the tiles errors stuff to be mentioned either. You know me, I'm not interested in fixing them (and they are pretty obvious to notice, so, if it's obvious, think that I just was lazy to fix it... specially when they are tile problems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos1000 View Post
I just remebered, are you still going to implant the Berry Shop in Kanto? You said so in the old thread, maybe Celadon will be a good place because it's a flower town.
Yes, Celadon sounds good (because the Celadon in Gold had less interesting buildings than FR), I'll think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyRide View Post
Well hes wrong O.O look at the first thread your self. Infact I will even make a video of it
Joy, my answer will STILL BE the one in this thread's first post. Usually when I release a new Beta I do changes to previous places, repointing maps' offsets and that kind of stuff. So, if people want to have frozen game saves or being trapped in a map I have modified in a new release then go ahead, keep Joy's answer. If you want to play it safely, without risking to have weird stuff, enjoying all the events that you may lose, or may not execute completely or at all, then you will know that the answer is: "No using of older beta saves! No double-patching! Avoid the Walkthrough walls cheat!"
Seriously, I've been working on the hack for more than a year, and I've met a lot of people who had LOTS of problems, just because they didn't follow this suggestion, and they ended up with lots of glitches who didn't normally occured, thus spaming the thread and wasting my time. We (the ones who want the game to be finished) don't want to be full of useless glitches posts, so next time give me some credit when I say something... "he's wrong"... yeah, sure!

Let it be a warning, I think people should stop answering for me. Usually there's been a lot of misunderstanding because of that... Sigh...

[EDIT]: I have made many updates on the Bugs List with all the last informed Bugs (so check it out, and don't post those bugs), I also added a few questions (not that many) to the FAQs.

Last edited by zel 2.0; August 23rd, 2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Nature: Adamant
Zel, really, I love SG, the new events, tiles, your effort, all!!!!!

ALL!!

Really, congrats dude!

---------------------------------------

Zel, de verdad, amo SG, los nuevos eventos, las gráficas, tu esfuerzo.... todo!

TODO!!

De verdad, Felicidades amigo!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
john55
Meh

Well hello again, I found an odditie that I believe you did not mention in the first post(I did check btw) Um I belive it was when you get the phone call from silver before entering goldenrod city, the lil event acts as if hes talking to you and you move out of the way for him even though hes not physically there. Just wondering if you'll ever do something about that, well ty for your time.

Last edited by john55; August 23rd, 2007 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Shiun Enshidia
The Demon Nicknamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shiun Enshidia
Wow The trick house! (This is real old now in SG terms)
Thats pretty neato. This hack never ceases to amaze me. Honestly, Nintendo, don't waste years making a remake, take this up and voila you have the remake so many people are dying for!

I don't suppose regular scripting can do any of these things?
.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
.Decorating (if possible you could use a prize from the Trick house with this)
If those could be includued, They would be cool, I didn't include the opening and the sliding panels because I know those aren't possible (or very time consuming)
Sorry if this was mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it (at least I don't think I did)
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
flameboy8106
an uchiha legend

where do u get torchic

[url]
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameboy8106 View Post
where do u get torchic
You cant yet

As far as I know

Old August 24th, 2007, 03:00 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

btw i saw this weird blue block in the cherrygrove pc

Old August 24th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Corona
Trainer

Quote:
btw i saw this weird blue block in the cherrygrove pc
Thats there always. If you notice everytime you go from Cherrygrove to the route to the right youll see it

Old August 24th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Scytheteen
What is mine is yours

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Scytheteen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scytheteen Send a message via Yahoo to Scytheteen
okay i was in olivine and the route right next to it (the one where you use surf to cianwood) and i was walking on the sand. i walked to the far edge and i found a little glitchy thing where there was a succled piece of water on the sand...

Safari Type: Ghost
Shuppet, Dusclops, Phantump
PM for FC
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:51 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

also how long does it take to for the ss aqua to stop? ive been waiting a long time and battled all trainers.....

Old August 24th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Scytheteen
What is mine is yours

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Scytheteen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scytheteen Send a message via Yahoo to Scytheteen
(0_o) is this the second time ur on it? b/c u need to fall asleep i believe

Safari Type: Ghost
Shuppet, Dusclops, Phantump
PM for FC
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Quote:
also how long does it take to for the ss aqua to stop? ive been waiting a long time and battled all trainers.....
You have to go to your cabin and heal your Pokemon by talking to your bed.
If it is the 1st time, you gotta find the sailor goofing off and find the missing girl. and then you go through more and eventually arrive in Vermilion. (I don't want to ruin any surprises

For Zel: Since I cant PM you i'm gonna have to post this: For the dissapearing Pokeball, you can pass it off as the Pokemon that was stolen by silver. Also, when do you reccommend me starting a thread for my hack. SHould I do it after I am able to put in 4 screenshots or should i wait till i get done a certain amount of maps. I am almost ready to have 4 screenshots. I already have 2 1/2 done. Twinleaf town, An event at the beginning, and half of Sandgem town.

Old August 24th, 2007, 08:00 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

fall asleep? ive fell asleep 20 times......

btw im talking about the second time on so no surprises to be ruined

Old August 24th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Ho-oh arabia
Yeah, i started the fire.

kay, the gltich i got in the previous beta 3 is gone.(the glitch with the legendaries in the Tin Tower for some reason)
98% of teens drop pokemon after middle school. If ur part of the rare 2% who still like it after middle school, copy and paste this into your signature.
My FC-0000 9782 1250 pm me for name.
I claim:
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:45 AM
JohnnyRoll
Beginning Trainer

Excelent job ! I love this hack
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:58 AM
pokeguy12
The New Esuine

-,- im stuck inside this ship with no way of getting out

Closed Thread