• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2007
its ur save file... remove the sav. file and change the save type to flash 128k... unfortuneatly that didnt work for me... but thats what it says in the FAQ

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
After I beat the Elite 4, and the ending credits show up, the game starts over, and I have nowhere to save. Do you think this is a bad rom?

No

You never save using the real game by pressing start then press save. Or you never changed it to Flash 128k so if it was a bad rom something would of happened before that like for everyone else the game not loading XD

Here is the proof of the save file thing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7V3SYhSi9w

And if you remove the .sav file you loose your save file all togethor >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfMVRCScr4 - Video guide for farfetch'd event

Last edited:

Lash

Years
After I beat the Elite 4, and the ending credits show up, the game starts over, and I have nowhere to save. Do you think this is a bad rom?

Right before you begin to even play your game, make sure you have it on Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K

If you have it on that from the start, before you even play your game, you will be able to save anytime at any point. If you do that, then you will be able to continue onto Kanto after you beat the Elite Four and Lance, etc.
However, unfortunately it will not work if you do it mid game with a .sav file already open, or thats already been played before, so you have to start from the beginning.

I hope this helps with anyone that is having that problem with the game.

Edit: If you did not completely understand it, PM me so I can simplify it down a little more, or record a video.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I believe B5 is going to Fuschia City, and the wing is in pewter. therfore, I don't think you can get it.

Erimgard is correct.

Zel, did you know that if you try to use the bike in Route 39, it won't let you do it, but if you go to Olivine City it works fine.

Yes, no more Bike problems thing. It is mentioned in the glitches post (because there are a few places where there are problems with the Bike). So, next time a post with a glitch regarding the Bike shows up it should be deleted (I think it already was mentioned a few times in this thread)

Zel, In Olivine left to port when you are walking behind this grey rock, a wild water pkmn can jumps to you O.o. And in front of ... restaurant( the building looking like bike shop in FR) there isn't any footprints.

And, I also don't want the tiles errors stuff to be mentioned either. You know me, I'm not interested in fixing them (and they are pretty obvious to notice, so, if it's obvious, think that I just was lazy to fix it... specially when they are tile problems)

I just remebered, are you still going to implant the Berry Shop in Kanto? You said so in the old thread, maybe Celadon will be a good place because it's a flower town.

Yes, Celadon sounds good (because the Celadon in Gold had less interesting buildings than FR), I'll think about it.

Well hes wrong O.O look at the first thread your self. Infact I will even make a video of it >_>

Joy, my answer will STILL BE the one in this thread's first post. Usually when I release a new Beta I do changes to previous places, repointing maps' offsets and that kind of stuff. So, if people want to have frozen game saves or being trapped in a map I have modified in a new release then go ahead, keep Joy's answer. If you want to play it safely, without risking to have weird stuff, enjoying all the events that you may lose, or may not execute completely or at all, then you will know that the answer is: "No using of older beta saves! No double-patching! Avoid the Walkthrough walls cheat!"
Seriously, I've been working on the hack for more than a year, and I've met a lot of people who had LOTS of problems, just because they didn't follow this suggestion, and they ended up with lots of glitches who didn't normally occured, thus spaming the thread and wasting my time. We (the ones who want the game to be finished) don't want to be full of useless glitches posts, so next time give me some credit when I say something... "he's wrong"... yeah, sure!

Let it be a warning, I think people should stop answering for me. Usually there's been a lot of misunderstanding because of that... Sigh...

[EDIT]: I have made many updates on the Bugs List with all the last informed Bugs (so check it out, and don't post those bugs), I also added a few questions (not that many) to the FAQs.

Last edited:

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Zel, really, I love SG, the new events, tiles, your effort, all!!!!!

ALL!!

Really, congrats dude!

---------------------------------------

Zel, de verdad, amo SG, los nuevos eventos, las gráficas, tu esfuerzo.... todo!

TODO!!

De verdad, Felicidades amigo!

john55

Meh
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2009
Well hello again, I found an odditie that I believe you did not mention in the first post(I did check btw) Um I belive it was when you get the phone call from silver before entering goldenrod city, the lil event acts as if hes talking to you and you move out of the way for him even though hes not physically there. Just wondering if you'll ever do something about that, well ty for your time. :)

Last edited:

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Wow The trick house! (This is real old now in SG terms)
Thats pretty neato. This hack never ceases to amaze me. Honestly, Nintendo, don't waste years making a remake, take this up and voila you have the remake so many people are dying for!

I don't suppose regular scripting can do any of these things?
.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
.Decorating (if possible you could use a prize from the Trick house with this)
If those could be includued, They would be cool, I didn't include the opening and the sliding panels because I know those aren't possible (or very time consuming)
Sorry if this was mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it (at least I don't think I did)

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
okay i was in olivine and the route right next to it (the one where you use surf to cianwood) and i was walking on the sand. i walked to the far edge and i found a little glitchy thing where there was a succled piece of water on the sand...

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
also how long does it take to for the ss aqua to stop? ive been waiting a long time and battled all trainers.....

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
(0_o) is this the second time ur on it? b/c u need to fall asleep i believe

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
also how long does it take to for the ss aqua to stop? ive been waiting a long time and battled all trainers.....

You have to go to your cabin and heal your Pokemon by talking to your bed.
If it is the 1st time, you gotta find the sailor goofing off and find the missing girl. and then you go through more and eventually arrive in Vermilion. (I don't want to ruin any surprises

For Zel: Since I cant PM you i'm gonna have to post this: For the dissapearing Pokeball, you can pass it off as the Pokemon that was stolen by silver. Also, when do you reccommend me starting a thread for my hack. SHould I do it after I am able to put in 4 screenshots or should i wait till i get done a certain amount of maps. I am almost ready to have 4 screenshots. I already have 2 1/2 done. Twinleaf town, An event at the beginning, and half of Sandgem town.

pokeguy12

The New Esuine
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
fall asleep? ive fell asleep 20 times......

btw im talking about the second time on so no surprises to be ruined

Back