The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Scytheteen
What is mine is yours

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Scytheteen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scytheteen Send a message via Yahoo to Scytheteen

Advertise here
legendaries as in birds and kyogre rayquaza groudon and regis? those legendaries?

Safari Type: Ghost
Shuppet, Dusclops, Phantump
PM for FC
Old August 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Cini View Post
Uhh 2 things I found a small glitch. When i was fighting the double battles in Azealea and only had croconaw and the egg 2 croconaws came out O_0.
Read the first post -.- That has already been listed as a glitch.

And to Scythemaster, all legendaries meaning those listed will be obtainable.

Last edited by Ripper; August 25th, 2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old August 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Scytheteen
What is mine is yours

Send a message via AIM to Scytheteen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scytheteen Send a message via Yahoo to Scytheteen
MAJOR GLITCH FOUND! right when i got to the entrance to the victory road it said something like "preview ended" or something like that i went inside some lady told me to take me seat and then poof! game got turned off and all unsaved data was lost.

PM for FC
Old August 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythemaster View Post
MAJOR GLITCH FOUND! right when i got to the entrance to the victory road it said something like "preview ended" or something like that i went inside some lady told me to take me seat and then poof! game got turned off and all unsaved data was lost.
Well then you are playing the beta 4 preview not beta 4, and as for the other thing I have no idea.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old August 25th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Katalyst
Black Rose Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythemaster View Post
Curious, that didn't happen to me... 3 possibilities:

1 - You are playing the Preview
2 - You patched the BETA 4 over the BETA 4 Preview
3 - That is really a glitch (but it didn't happen to me)

© i Katalyst
Old August 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
XxOblivion77
All-Around Gamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to XxOblivion77
Thank you so much mastermind, no we'll finnaly get a proper map!
Old August 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Scytheteen
What is mine is yours

i don't know what you mean by "preview" all i know is my friend downloaded it onto his computer, put it on a disk, and transfered it onto my computer

PM for FC
Old August 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Katalyst
Black Rose Immortal

Before Zel launched the BETA 4, he launched a Preview so we can see some of the new things that would be on BETA 4. Maybe your friend gave you the Preview.

So, the solution to that problem is to download the BETA 4 from the first post. But you must patch it into a clean FR Rom, and you must restart your game from the beginning.

© i Katalyst
Old August 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by john55 View Post
I belive it was when you get the phone call from silver before entering goldenrod city, the lil event acts as if hes talking to you and you move out of the way for him even though hes not physically there. Just wondering if you'll ever do something about that, well ty for your time.
Yes, in my "Bug Killing Madness" I finally got rid of that useless event, so now you enter Goldenrod and the rival won't call you, push you and that kind of stuff (That event didn't really made sense, after all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiun Enshidia View Post
I don't suppose regular scripting can do any of these things?
.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
.Decorating (if possible you could use a prize from the Trick house with this)
If those could be includued, They would be cool, I didn't include the opening and the sliding panels because I know those aren't possible (or very time consuming)
Sorry if this was mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it (at least I don't think I did)
As you say, those things, if aren't on FR's features are practically impossible to do (besides, printing on GBA, is that possible at all? X_O)
I wouldn't discard the decorating thing that easily, you can always use some flags for sprites, but, you wouldn't really select where to put stuff. Not like it's impossible, it would just be different

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
btw i saw this weird blue block in the cherrygrove pc
Another thing I have killed in my "Bug Killing Madness", no need to mention that thing anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeguy12 View Post
also how long does it take to for the ss aqua to stop? ive been waiting a long time and battled all trainers.....
Well, most people were able to do the trip (it perhaps is something related to a weird thing hapenning to your current game's flag. Who knows? I never found this problem, and I have done all I could to fix it in the last bugfix. The only thing left is a change of flag, but then, if it didn't happen to me, and a lot of people as well, why should I change it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover94 View Post
For the dissapearing Pokeball, you can pass it off as the Pokemon that was stolen by silver.
Oh, forget about the disappearing pokeball, another thing killed in my "BKM", yay! I was on a roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendamasta View Post
I found a text message glitch, not that it matters im just bringing it up.. myabe its normal cause the guy said he drank his own Pokemon's HP UP

I'll post it when i can -.- need 12 more posts -.-
It doesn't really matter if you can't post the screenshot, just tell me the location of the person with the message problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor813 View Post
hey zel i got a great idea whenever u near the end of ur hack after u done with mt silver and with red and all
if u have enough space in the hack for the player against u and to see who is the better trainer just a thought
the players pkmn party vs ur own particular pkmn party .now that would be a good match to me but meh I could be wrong...
Well, Carlos (who in fact has my party... well, right now he's a bit outdated because I have assembled a better party to play SG, I think :D) will not give up after the events on the 2nd wave of the Pokemon League and Mt.Silver, so expect to find him during your travels to those extra locations. I cannot reveal too much, you know ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kazaam~ View Post
So zel, since Kike did some of your tiles, did he just do it because you and him are pals, or do you think he would do it for anyone?
Well, it's true that Kike and I are friends, but he still hasn't made any tiles for me (yet, and that's only because I'm taking advantange of the free time I'm having from my Uni's break, so I'm always scripting) But, I don't know, he's friendly, PM him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan View Post
Hey Zel I have two small questions....
1) What mapping tool do you use? Advance or Elite? (I prefer Advance)
2) Why did you choose to remake Gold and not Silver/Crystal? (Gold's was the only 2nd Gen game I got, yet Crystal would seem more... appropriate? It is a stand alone game after all.)
Thanks Zel! Keep upthe great work!
Yes, Advance Map is prefered too (because EMap seems to get a bit wacky when you repoint the maps too much, as I do)
And I choose Gold, because, I think most of us are more attached to Gold than Crystal (maybe because most have played Gold, and when Crystal came out, then it wasn't that original then, didn't offer that many new features unlike Emerald from RS) Obviously, that's only my opinion, and chaining to this opinion would be considered off-topic, I just answered your question :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Zel I have a request......
please do not revampt the route 2 soundtrack......
besides its nice the way it is
and its one of my favorite soundtrack in Pokemon G/S/C
Hmmm...? *confused*
The idea is revamping all of Gold's soundtracks, and Route2's one of my favorites from Gold (and... in fact, is one of the tracks we already have )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind_X View Post
I finally found the worldmap stuff including sprites, tiles, tilebase and of course the route-data, the catching areas of pokemon and the most important: the flight points!

I'll post a tutorial how to change everything on my homepage after my 2 weeks vacation.
I heard the news from Hackmew (sorry for not being online to receive PMs), but well, hope you have a nice rest so you can think everything carefully for the tutorial.
Man, all I can say to you is that... you are a real lifesaver! XD

That's all I found to reply to. I'll get my PM-ing ON again, but try to learn to do stuff yourselves, you cannot always depend on me to answer (because you know me, I'll answer, but then, that'll take my time from SG, the question is: "what would you prefer?")

OK, I just finished the mapping of the three routes, but now I have to put the events and script them. Piece of cake, except for the fact there are a lot of events ToT

Oh well, a rom hacker's life... See ya tomorrow!

Old August 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Random
-

Man zel, you go through A LOT with this hack. I expect to see really good things about this hack, plus im not really uptodate with everyone on the knowledge of your hack, lol xD
Old August 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
I have two questions, is the unknown dex gonna be in it(unlikely)
and is the unknown music gonna be in it(also unlikely)

If those have already been answered then sorry.
Old August 25th, 2007, 08:24 PM
a2h
ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C

Quote:
I have two questions, is the unknown dex gonna be in it(unlikely)
and is the unknown music gonna be in it(also unlikely)

If those have already been answered then sorry.
Quote:
Quote:
I don't suppose regular scripting can do any of these things?
.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
.Decorating (if possible you could use a prize from the Trick house with this)
If those could be includued, They would be cool, I didn't include the opening and the sliding panels because I know those aren't possible (or very time consuming)
Sorry if this was mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it (at least I don't think I did)
As you say, those things, if aren't on FR's features are practically impossible to do (besides, printing on GBA, is that possible at all? X_O)
I wouldn't discard the decorating thing that easily, you can always use some flags for sprites, but, you wouldn't really select where to put stuff. Not like it's impossible, it would just be different
Judging on the quote earlier on the same page... it's a no...

a2h.uni.cc
twitter.com/a2h_
steamcommunity.com/id/a2h
Pt: 5370 6433 2751
Old August 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Quote:
Originally Posted by anger2headshot View Post
Judging on the quote earlier on the same page... it's a no...
No need to be a jerk about it, I don't read other peoples posts unless they are answering mine due to all of the spam in this thread. Which is why I missed it.
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:04 PM
a2h
ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C

I often read zel's long posts because they answer many, many questions... and that quote was from zel's post.

a2h.uni.cc
twitter.com/a2h_
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Just a quick question... I know you (Zel) said you were going to keep it like the original as much as possible, but is there any way for you to change some of the Gym Leaders Pokemon? I remember being annoyed at how few Johto Pokemon were used. In the first 8 Johto Gyms only 5/6 Johto Pokemon were used. It wouldn't be hard to give Falkner a Hoothoot and a Natu or Bugsy a Spinarak, Ledyba and Yanma afterall. Thanks Zel!
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Caina
Nankurunaisa

Send a message via Yahoo to Caina
WOW!
I just played your hack and I love it!
Keep it up!
(I'm rooting for you baby!) according to mom
hehehe

Yes,yes, I know, my siggy is boring.

Old August 26th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Katalyst
Black Rose Immortal

Hey Zel, will be there second time to beat the E4 like in FR? You know what is it, the E4's Pokemon and levels has changed after you give the two gems to a guy. Will that happen in SG too?

© i Katalyst
Old August 26th, 2007, 02:57 AM
GalaxyTurboTwister
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Awesome Zel,if you keep this up the beta will be released in no time at all. O.O
Will the trick house and the phone booth be available in beta 5,or will they be in a later beta?
Old August 26th, 2007, 02:58 AM
a2h
ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C

Johto department store lift needs to have animation and shouldn't it have 1F-5F as default not the basement floors?

Oh and btw the music for Goldenrod I remember but where from... O____o R/S/E or FR/LG? Hrm...

a2h.uni.cc
twitter.com/a2h_
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:16 AM
bendamasta
Beginning Trainer

For the weird guy, Its "Hiker Michael" South of Blackthorn
I'll post screenie when i can

Blade the level 75 Scizor!
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Kingdom Hearts Maniac
Beginning Trainer

Zel have you found out how to make the legendary dogs appear yet? If not I have a suggestion.
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Would it be possible to use the RSE Elite four music instead of the gym leader music for the champion. It is so much cooler. I can make a .wav with vba and convert it into a midi (once I can convert) If you know anybody who can please let me know. I will just record it for half an hour.

Old August 26th, 2007, 02:00 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan View Post
Just a quick question... I know you (Zel) said you were going to keep it like the original as much as possible, but is there any way for you to change some of the Gym Leaders Pokemon? I remember being annoyed at how few Johto Pokemon were used. In the first 8 Johto Gyms only 5/6 Johto Pokemon were used. It wouldn't be hard to give Falkner a Hoothoot and a Natu or Bugsy a Spinarak, Ledyba and Yanma afterall. Thanks Zel!
Well, the normal version sticks to the original, while the "X" version has many changes, not only using a few more Johto Pokemon, but also using a few Hoenn pokes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticManyula View Post
Hey Zel, will be there second time to beat the E4 like in FR? You know what is it, the E4's Pokemon and levels has changed after you give the two gems to a guy. Will that happen in SG too?
Yes, there will be a 2nd wave, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyTurboTwister View Post
Will the trick house and the phone booth be available in beta 5,or will they be in a later beta?
Yes, both features will be in B5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts Maniac View Post
Zel have you found out how to make the legendary dogs appear yet? If not I have a suggestion.
I have an idea already (not to make them run wild, but it's something... similar...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfieldlover94 View Post
Would it be possible to use the RSE Elite four music instead of the gym leader music for the champion. It is so much cooler. I can make a .wav with vba and convert it into a midi (once I can convert) If you know anybody who can please let me know. I will just record it for half an hour.
Well, we cannot change the BGM of the battles (it would change also the Gym battles BGM, not only the E4 battles), although you never know...

I'm done with the Routes, and I'm at Fuchsia. Once I'm done with that (and also finished the scripts of the Phone Booths), I'll start posting screenshots. As you can imagine this time the Beta will be shorter than before (to release it a bit earlier and to have less bugs)

Hmmm... That's all I had...

Old August 26th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Kingdom Hearts Maniac
Beginning Trainer

Can you make it to where you can fly anywhere you want from one place instead of it being random?
Old August 26th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Nature: Adamant
Hey Zel good work!

Are you gonna add Safari zone to Fuschia?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here