Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old August 23rd, 2007 (05:15 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2007 by Shining.Shadows.
Shining.Shadows
Professional Mourner

Hi, I just thought I'd get this established. As it's nearly 2am, I realised it's way too late to start fully writing or posting anything, I'd just get a headache/go mad/both. Anyway, just a synopsis so you know if you think it's worth coming back here...

The Dust Chronicles is based in the Shinnō region, quite understandably, and follows a trainer by the name of Wesley. It starts off a while into his adventure, where he feels he does quite well in surroundings with which he isn't familiar.

However, it isn't long before he gets lost, starts running low on funds and resorts to crime to just keep him and his Pokémon alive. A small political party, fighting for the underdogs, offers to take him under their wing. After a polite decline, Wesley finds himself with a new, evergrowing, enemy: the Shinnō Government. Drawn into Pokémon trafficking and large scale theft, Wesley starts his real life. His real game.

Sorry, also, if you believe this could possibly make a good plot, I would most appreciate someone who will help check over what I have written. Though a creator can get 90% of the mistakes fixed, it was still he/she who made it, and there will be errors only another individual can see.

Old August 26th, 2007 (05:47 AM). Edited August 26th, 2007 by Alter Ego.
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Shining.Shadows:
Hi, I just thought I'd get this established. As it's nearly 2am, I realised it's way too late to start fully writing or posting anything, I'd just get a headache/go mad/both. Anyway, just a synopsis so you know if you think it's worth coming back here...

The Dust Chronicles is based in the Shinnō region, quite understandably, and follows a trainer by the name of Wesley. It starts off a while into his adventure, where he feels he does quite well in surroundings with which he isn't familiar.

However, it isn't long before he gets lost, starts running low on funds and resorts to crime to just keep him and his Pokémon alive. A small political party, fighting for the underdogs, offers to take him under their wing. After a polite decline, Wesley finds himself with a new, evergrowing, enemy: the Shinnō Government. Drawn into Pokémon trafficking and large scale theft, Wesley starts his real life. His real game.

Sorry, also, if you believe this could possibly make a good plot, I would most appreciate someone who will help check over what I have written. Though a creator can get 90% of the mistakes fixed, it was still he/she who made it, and there will be errors only another individual can see.
Sorry, but discussion of plot ideas and such should go into the Writer's Lounge (Which is also where you're more likely to find a beta reader). Threads in the main section need to start with at least one full fanfic chapter. *Reportedness* Also, just as a small note: if you're referring to the fourth generation region there, it should be Sinnoh as per the official translation. :3

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Old August 27th, 2007 (02:57 PM).
Shining.Shadows
Professional Mourner

Well, I said that because it's probably a while till I actually post the first chapter. And sorry, I didn't know about the "Beta" part, does this mean this post will be moved to the other section of the forum? Also, I will refer to Shinnō as Sinnoh from now on. Thank you ^.^

Old August 27th, 2007 (03:04 PM).
Careful With That Axe, Pichu!

Nature: Careful
It has already been moved. When you have your first chapter post in in the main section.
Old August 27th, 2007 (03:09 PM).
Shining.Shadows
Professional Mourner

Kk, thanks for the... uhm, what's the word? Patience! That's the one.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links