• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

General Anime and Manga fan club

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Wait you've never heard of sonic X? i dont even watch the dub and i know about it.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
:embarrass The channels I get are kind of limited, so most of the Anime I see i get from our local hastings or order off the internet (I live in a very small town-population=about 16,000). I watch as many anime as I can get my hands on, but I'm still very behind the times :disappoin

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
It's on foxbox? Don't know why I haven't seen it then... Is it new or something? Hmmm...Well, I'll see if I can find out what time it shows in my area, and I'll check into it.^_^ I don't know about you guys, but the only anime channels available to me are cartoon network and kids wb. I remember reading about an Anime Network that you could get if you had satellite telivision...that sounded cool.

So, has anyone found anything of interest? I found a person in France who has the two team rocket housou pokemon specials. She's/He's going to e-mail me once they fix the links on the website that allow you to download them. I'll keep you up to date on this subject. I also sent off the interview questions for Eric Stuart this afternoon. I'll let you guys know when I get them back.

One more thing; Oni, your the only one so far who hasn't chosen a username. Would you like to just use "Oni Flygon"? ^_^

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Umm...anime channel is only avaliable in 15 cities in the usa so it's really really hard to find...

Years
Rose Flame said:

One more thing; Oni, your the only one so far who hasn't chosen a username. Would you like to just use "Oni Flygon"? ^_^

Yeah! Oni Flygon would be fine...btw, if you want my fanfics, you should PM me and I'll give them to you.

falling up+
Years
Rose, im gonna be gone for the next two weeks in Charleston SC but ill post if i find a comp. post some ideas on what you would want fro the site (in terms of menus etc.)

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Menus? Hmmm... I haven't really thought about that all that much. Are talking about how it's all setup? If so, then check out the homepage on www.DavidBowie.com; I like the way that one's set up. Its really easy to navigate through all of the info. I don't know if this is relevent, but we're setting up the magazine by sections depending on the genre of the anime or mangas that are included, and we've color coded each genre so that it will be easy to flip to the section you want to see. The code is as follows

Blue-Horror
Yellow-Comedy/Drama
Green-Sci Fi/Fantasy
Pink-Romance
Children's/Multi-genre/Other-Red

A little screwy, I know. But we've only got five editors including myself, and a lot of material to cover, so I figured that the easiest way to do it would be to give each officer a section to edit and then submit them to me and the webmaster for publication. As soon as I get their permission, I'll post their E-mail addresses here so that anyone who wants to publish their work can send it to the appopriate editor. I myself am the editor of the red section, so you can go ahead and send any fanworks in that genre to me; i.e shows like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball/Z/GT/, Teen Titans (though I'm not sure if it really is an anime; but it was voted in by the majority), Saiyuki, Cowboy Bebop, or any anime that you write/draw that isn't listed in the list in the opening post.

Back to the subject of the website menus; I'm having trouble deciding on a good way to dispay fanworks, you know? Whether to list them by Genre, then author, or Genre, then Series, then author, or by series then author, or just by author (does that make any sense?). I'm open to suggestions.

And one more thing; do any of you think it would be a good idea to have an anime/manga news section? It might take some extra work...

EDIT:
No one's posted here in a while...oh well. The webmistress told me that she was going to post some info, and I've really been bugging her to, but she has yet to do so. For some reason, she thinks that anyone who's a member of the PokeCommunity is a pokemon obsessed freak. She's impossible sometimes. Guess I'll be handling her work for a while. I swear, getting her to work is like pulling teeth (no offense Firefly). Well, anyway, even though she is reluctant to post here, she has asked me to give you guys her e-mail address. Please do not try to contact her at the e-mail address that she has registered with the site, because I'm telling you right now that she doesn't now and doesn't ever intend to check it. Her Penname is Firefly and her e-mail is [email protected] . If you have any sci-fi/fantasy fanworks, send them to her (or if you're a bit wary about sending your stuff to someone who hasn't even posted here, you can send it to me. I'm the head editor anyway; by sending it to me, you'd only be skipping a step. Just make sure that, from now on, you mark the following on any and all fanworks submitted (please note that you should only send in fanworks if you've contacted me about registering as member) Penname, Genre of Anime/Manga (NOT of the story itself) Name of the Anime/Manga Chapter (if its a story). Well, now on to other things, things that don't stress me out so much ^_^

Let's all congragulate Oni Flygon; he has recently accepted the offer to be our sixth and final editor! He will be editting the purple section; the action/adventure section.

I'd also like to extend an offer to 003: Since you seem to be interested in building the website, how would you like to help firefly with the construction? After all, we could have both a webmaster and a webmistress. Also, if you would like to do this and you want more information about how we want the site to look, or you want to contribute some ideas, you can either e-mail me
( [email protected] ) or PM me. Believe me, your input will be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I also remeber you mentioning something about being in a band (that was you, right?). We're thinking that, if we can get permission from the principle, we'll have like a mini anime convention at the end of the upcoming school year. If you're music is, umm... hmmm... how to put this... If its not offensive, then perhaps you'd like to send us a cd/cassette closer to the event time to play during the convention? Just a thought.

Also, I had thought I found some housou episodes to add to our very, very limited library, but the downloads I got turned out to be very flawed. I'm still on the hunt.

Sent off the interview questions to Eric Stuart almost a week and a half ago; no respone yet, but I'm sure he'll come through.

Last edited:

Firefly

Person who likes Anime
Years
I am finally posting(are you happy Samantha)

Howdy :D
I'm firefly (you know the person roseflame was talking about) well anyway i am going to be doing to website and the sci-fi/fantasy section for the anime club so if you have any tips, suggestions, information, fanstuff ect.... then you can send it to me at [email protected] i will probly reply and dont worry i don't bite :D

falling up+
Years
sorry i havent been on for a while im still on vacation just now found a comp (stupid branch library) anyhoo yeah that sounds great rose :) id love to help with the web design. I dont know how much help i could be though lol at least until i get photoshop and some other art programs. THen i could design some kick butt menus or backgrounds, buttons, etc. ANd yeah id be happy to send you a cd :P we arent much for vocals though...

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Yay! Firefly finally posted! Guess she came to her seneses :) . Nice to see you back online 003. Great that you've accepted the position as our second and final webmaster. And maybe we'll be hearing some of your music closer to the convention time (if it gets approved) or before if you want. Anyway guys, sorry if my last post was offensive or anything. I was in a really bad mood when I posted it, so I don't doubt that it might say something that might upset someone. But I'll try not to post when I'm upset in the future ^_^. So, does anyone have any ideas for the magazine/website appearences, organization, or anime that you would like included? I just picked up an issue of Newtype USA yesterday, and I was reading about this new series called RahXephon (well, at least, it's new to me). It looks kinda like a sci-fi/romance, but I'm not sure what the rating is. Oh, and has anyone heard anything about Saiyuki Reload ?

Also, I was thinking; for the magazine (and maybe the website too) we had decided a few months ago, I believe, that our first issue (and/or update) would introduce all of the members that we have at the moment, each with their seperate pages; including a picture, a short profile (similar to the one you fill out for the PokeCommunity), their penname (no real-names, not even for members within the school), and what they do (i.e, fan fiction writer, fanartist, webmaster, editor). I was thinking that, if I could talk the other officers into it, we could all dress up in anime costumes for our photographs. Of course, for online members, we wouldn't require this, though you could if you wanted to, send us your real picture. But if your uncomfortable doing that, then you could always just send a unique picture of an anime character to represent you. But its your choice; yourself or a character to represent you. I'd be glad to answer any questions on this subject

(by the way ASHLEY, you shouldn't use my real name on websites. That's the point of alias' like Rose Flame and Firefly.)

EDIT;
I was just looking through the other club pages and discovered something many of them have that this one should also have; a members list. So, here it is. Members who are also members of the pokecomminity are in blue, and members that are outside (not including those who preregistered) are in green.

Rose Flame.....................................President/editor of red section
ChunkeyHunkeyMunkey.....................Vice President/editor of blue section
Fairy..............................................Secretary/editor of pink section
Sk8erboi.........................................Treasurer
Firefly.............................................Webmistress
003................................................Webmaster
Oni Flygon.......................................editor of purple section

Sean..............................................editor of yellow section
Takai (The Adamant Dodger)..............Freaky Gothic/Supernatural style author
blue...............................................member
jellie...............................................member

For anyone who only has "member" by their name, I'd like to tell you that, since its so early, we still have a few positions to be filled. PM me for more info.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Okay, a couple things. I did layout for my school's paper last year, if you have any questions about it feel free to ask me. One thing I can tel you is to IMMEDIATELY standardize seperate fonts and font sizes for body text, captions, breakout quotes, primary, secondary and tertiary headlines, and bylines. Also, a few other pointers:
-Do your utmost to get everything lined up properly. It makes everything look so much better.
-NEVER greybox a featured item.
-If you have two seperate items in an identical layout (i.e. two columns that are seperate stories) seperate them by a line running between them.
That's about all I can think of for now, again, ask me if you have any other issues. Finally, I'd recommend Adobe Pagemaker for designing the magazine layout, it's a bit frustrating at times, but it gets the job done.

P.S. Could you use my current avatar for my representation?

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Oh Gawd, Adobe Pagemaker; that brings back memories from my year on the yearbook staff *shudders*. Let's just say my pages came out less than perfect. :embarrass

That program IS very frustrating. But, your right, it probably would work best for the magazine layout. It sounds like you really know what your talking about; we could sure use your help working on the layout. Now, I have taken a few journalism classes, and I do know what all those terms are that you've listed, but , what do you mean when you say to "standardize seperate fonts and font sizes"?

(And when you ask to use your current avatar for your representation, are you referring to the pages that will have member profiles that I mentioned earlier in the thread? If that's what you mean, that avatar should be fine. :) )

~Ozy~

Years
Have a definate style guide for each of those seperate things. I think ours went something like:
Body text: 10 pt. Times
Breakout quotes: 16 pt. Ariel black
Main byline (name): 10 pt. Ariel bold
All lines: 1 pt. stroke
Secondary byline (position): 9 pt. Ariel
Main headlines: 48 pt. Times
Seondary headlines: 36 pt. Times
Tertiary headlines: 24-30 pt. Times
Captions: 10 pt. Ariel bold

And yes, I was referring to the member profiles with the whole "Representation" thing.

falling up+
Years
Hey. When did you want to start putting everything together by Rose? by the begining of the school year? Im sorta talking out layouts and such with firefly now. Just sent her an email. Anyways you mentioned RayXephon above. Its like you would suspect with the romance and such but its got a not so twisted neon genesis vibe to it. They have a movie (all that ive seen) for it too. Another anime you could possible cover is the first .hack//SIGN anime the confusing one not the more watered down version on now (legend of the twilight). MMORPGs and the whole world within a world theme is just really unique i think. (big PhantasyStarOnline fan here woo dreamcast!)

edit: For the members area I think it would be better if everyone had an anime char for their pic. I mean id send in my real pic still but it wouldnt go with half the peeps choosing anime and the other the real deal. Just a thought... :\

Last edited:

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
I had hoped we could have the website all together by the beginning of the school year (which would be around mid-August for us), if that's possible. The only thing Firefly needs to start construction was, I believe, Adobe go-live. I'm working on finding a way to get it. But once we get a hold of that, construction can really begin.

Actually, I've seen .hack//SIGN. I wasn't too crazy about it, but it's within the pg13 rating, so we can include it. And as for the representation...you're probably right. It wouldn't flow well if some people had real photos while others didn't, so yeah, we'll just do that. It's not that big of a deal, since I still hadn't talked the other officers into dressing up in costumes. In fact, the VP told the Webmistress that if she ever sunk that low, she would put her out of her misery :) . I suppose I was really the only one into the idea in the first place.

Oh, and one more thing, we've opened another thread while you've been out, 003. We discuss the fanworks and guidelines there. It's at "(Yet Another) Writer's/Artist's Club". You might want to take a look at it.

~Ozy~

Years
If you're looking for a nice anime, I'd suggest Fruits Basket. It's pretty good, and quite funny, actually. Manages to mix a good amount of "touching" scenes in as well. I cried about Hatori-san's past. I think it might be 16-plus in technicality, but I can't think of anything that would really make it any worse than any PG-13 stuff.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Fruit Basket? I've never heard of it. If it is 16+, we defiintely won't be able to show it at school screenings or add it to our official library. The principal has told me that there is a strict rule that nothing over a PG13 rating can be shown at school. He didn't tell me, however, that we couldn't cover it in our magazine and website. There are several anime on the list that are 15+ or 16+ that I'm going to try to get him to leave on the list. But I suppose that this really doesn't affect you, seeing as you don't go to my school :). But I will check into Fruit Basket.

You know, I just bought this Revolutionary Girl Utena DVD from our local hastings. I've heard good things about it. Anyone seen it before?

~Ozy~

Years
No, I haven't but I have a couple fangirls in our school. They all love it. Anyway, Fruits Basket is great. If you can get your principal to check it out I think he'd approve it. I've had to do the same thing with Lain.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Well, it's not as simple as that. Actually, we're getting a new principal this year. He used to be our Vice Principle, but he's moving up since our most recent principal retired to be a dairy farmer (?). Anyway, he's trying to not upset the flow of things too much. In fact, we're very lucky he approved it at all."Change makes people uneasy", was what he kept telling me again and again. He also told me that if anything is shown that's over PG13, no matter what it is, we would lose our club and, depending on what we showed, the school could get sued. They're really tight with their regulations.

Back