• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.sav

NightonEX

The Apple iSuck Fan!
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2007
How do I load up .sav files in VBA for my Pokemon Emerald ROM? I wanna play the saved games here.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Just rename the file exactly same like the rom (example - if your rom is XYZ.gba so your save will be called XYZ.sav) And put the file into the same directory as the ROM. I would recommend you (but it might not be necessary) to make a save file (like you start the game, you are in the house where you start and you save the game) before you put your modified save in. Sometimes game doesn't recognise the save file and replaces it by new one (VBA creates save files after the ROM is closed to prepare place or something like that). It happened to me once or twice, but I am saying, it's not necessary.

Years
The easiest way is to do this in VisualBoy Advance;
File > Import > Battery Save
Then select the save you just downloaded

This will load that save, but it will also overwrite your current save, so be sure to backup your current save first.

Back