Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:24 PM
poccil
Trainer

Advertise here
Apparently, I am unable to access my site, so the link for Pokemon Essentials is currently unavailable. However, I will spend the rest of this month improving on it. Some new features will include custom windowskins for text messages; a daycare and egg system; an interesting feature called script-based switches; and general fixes. Until then, I will not respond to this thread as I become busy improving Pokemon Essentials.
Peter O, of The Ultimate Pokemon Center (Pokemon Essentials, Donate money to restore my page)
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:38 PM
yaoimutt
Trainer

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to yaoimutt Send a message via Yahoo to yaoimutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle3003 View Post
Next time he shouldn't call me a noob then, and next time plz don't get into my business
He didn't call you a noob, he said it was noob friendly. it's pc talk for easy to work with.

Name: FishieNUMBER37 (you don't want to know what happened to the other fishies)
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Geat thread here
Old September 18th, 2007, 07:12 PM
NytewolfAU2k7
Game Modder & Creator

Just found an error with Flameguru's latest kit, this occurred when I tried to select a Pokemon and obtain a summary:

Code:
Exception: undefined method `eggsteps' for nil:NilClass
PokemonScreen:970:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:957:in `loop'
PokemonScreen:1004:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonMenu:131:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:131:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:128:in `logonerr'
PokemonMenu:128:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:113:in `loop'
PokemonMenu:169:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:134:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:131:in `logonerr'
Scene_Map:131:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:15:in `main'
Scene_Map:12:in `loop'
Scene_Map:19:in `main'
Main:41
Hope that helps

Other than that the kit's pretty good
Shinies: 3 (Cubone, Ratatta and Bidoof)
Creator of NW's Pokémon Program Suite, An Open-Source Offline Pokémon Information tool or "Pokedex". (No longer cancelled! BETA 6 on it's way)
Administrator of Nytewolf's Game Development Site, A site devoted to showcasing my games.

Last edited by NytewolfAU2k7; September 18th, 2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: correction
Old September 18th, 2007, 08:13 PM
yaoimutt
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightwolfAA2k5 View Post
Just found an error with Flameguru's latest kit, this occurred when I tried to select a Pokemon:

Code:
Exception: undefined method `eggsteps' for nil:NilClass
PokemonScreen:970:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:957:in `loop'
PokemonScreen:1004:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonMenu:131:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:128:in `logonerr'
PokemonMenu:128:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:113:in `loop'
PokemonMenu:169:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:134:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:131:in `logonerr'
Scene_Map:131:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:15:in `main'
Scene_Map:12:in `loop'
Scene_Map:19:in `main'
Main:41
Hope that helps

Other than that the kit's pretty good
i'm using the latest kit to, and that never happened to me... o.0 hm... let me check mine and see what happens.

Name: FishieNUMBER37 (you don't want to know what happened to the other fishies)

Geat thread here
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Isaku
Beginning Trainer

ive got a noob question ' i just started to do my own pokemon rpg, of course with this starter kit. i have worked with the rpg maker yeaaaaars ago XD so thats why i think its a noob question.

when i try to create those trees, i know how to set the tops that i can run behind them, but how do i set them transparent?? i always have them with a white backround and that doesnt really looks good on a green field...
Old September 19th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Flame Claw
Flaminator

Nature: Lonely
Just wondering on FG's newest one (in this thread) how would I be able to edit PokéDex info? Thanks :-)
Big sigs are for n00bs
Old September 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM
OblivionMew
Spriter in the Making!

Send a message via AIM to OblivionMew
As FG has said before changing the Dex data is not available at the
moment, I'm waiting for it as well
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

Nature: Quirky
I mean the .DAT files with no .TXT versions...
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Flameguru
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Weavile View Post
I mean the .DAT files with no .TXT versions...
All editable .dat files have .txt versions. What do you want to edit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaku View Post
ive got a noob question ' i just started to do my own pokemon rpg, of course with this starter kit. i have worked with the rpg maker yeaaaaars ago XD so thats why i think its a noob question.

when i try to create those trees, i know how to set the tops that i can run behind them, but how do i set them transparent?? i always have them with a white backround and that doesnt really looks good on a green field...
When you import the tileset, Click on the White and click Ok. Anything thats white should be transparent.
My Projects:
Pokemon Engine for Android
Java Pokemon Engine [Thread here on PC]
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Isaku
Beginning Trainer

ahhh ok it worked :D think i got it now..but theres another question, and pleassse, if should post it in another thread in another forum, pls tell me!

ahm..yeah, the only thing i need right to start through with my game is...how can i do the choosing of the starter pokemon? in the starter kit theres just a script, where u get 6 random pokemon. how can i change it, that i can choose one pokemon like in the classic game? or does such a script like in the original game exist?
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Flameguru

Quote:
ahhh ok it worked :D think i got it now..but theres another question, and pleassse, if should post it in another thread in another forum, pls tell me!

ahm..yeah, the only thing i need right to start through with my game is...how can i do the choosing of the starter pokemon? in the starter kit theres just a script, where u get 6 random pokemon. how can i change it, that i can choose one pokemon like in the classic game? or does such a script like in the original game exist?
If you use my version then everything will work fine....however you need knowlege of RGSS and personally anyone with a brain should be able to do it.

Check out the Script called PokemonUtilities (Above Main) and edit the Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile modules as you please.
My Projects:
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

I want to edit Dexdata, etc... Did I overlook something?
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Flameguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Weavile View Post
I want to edit Dexdata, etc... Did I overlook something?
And why would you want to edit dexdata? You can't edit the PokeDex so theirs no point.
My Projects:
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

Technically, the problem is that I want to implement new species...

This thing needs a readme...
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Isaku
Beginning Trainer

flameguru u are a genius
i have created a completely new start at pokemon choosing XD
now i go to google and find a way how to let an event appear after another event was started o.o

so thank u
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Aqua Mudkip
LOL I'm okay!

Don't forget poccil! He made the starter kit.
Aqua Mudkip prospers us with delightful toaster!
Pokemon Tourmaline Under Construction. Since 2006.

JOIN OPERATION HEAD PIGEONS...
TO BRING BACK INVADER ZIM!
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Isaku
Beginning Trainer

lol ok i ment everyone who was working on this starter kit ^-^
but theres still one question XD how can i let events appear only after another event was started? i can just to conditional branches, but there i cant choose events, just gold and skills and switches and so on.

and how do i get to the switches to edit them and set new ones?

because what i want to do is: after choosing a pokemon, before going out of the house, prof oak, runs after me and tells me my first mission. but that should start of course after choosing the pokemon and not when i entry the house the first time.
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Aqua Mudkip
LOL I'm okay!

And how do you change the Trademark Pic before the Title Shows up. EX:
Pokemon Starter Kit
Pokemon 1995-2007
Gamefreak
Monsters Inc.
Aqua Mudkip prospers us with delightful toaster!
Pokemon Tourmaline Under Construction. Since 2006.

JOIN OPERATION HEAD PIGEONS...
TO BRING BACK INVADER ZIM!
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Flameguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Mudkip View Post
And how do you change the Trademark Pic before the Title Shows up. EX:
Pokemon Starter Kit
Pokemon 1995-2007
Gamefreak
Monsters Inc.
It's a picture in the Titles Folder
My Projects:

Last edited by Avatar; September 20th, 2007 at 03:41 AM.
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Isaku
Beginning Trainer

ahm..is this picture at the beginning enough as credits? then i dont have to change it XD

and back to my question above, because of the event accures, i have read through the forum and have found a thread where they had the same question (without a solution) and they were all talking about setting flags. could that be a solution for me? what are that flags at scripting?

what i exactly need is: an event occurs, when another is finished or erased.

Last edited by Isaku; September 19th, 2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:09 PM
poccil
Trainer

Apparently the link has remained online again. The newest release I just made incorporates most of the features I mentioned previously, such as daycare and egg support, custom window skins, and colors for male and female dialogue in the message system. Please refer to notes.txt in the Pokemon Essentials ZIP file for details. Also, metadata not representable in RPG Maker XP can be specified per-map and globally by editing metadata.txt; and the ZIP file also contains the animation editor I made for generating Pokemon battle animations.

Please send problems and comments to me through private messaging instead of to this thread. Thanks.
Peter O, of The Ultimate Pokemon Center (Pokemon Essentials, Donate money to restore my page)
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:26 PM
yaoimutt
Trainer

Quote:
lol ok i ment everyone who was working on this starter kit ^-^
but theres still one question XD how can i let events appear only after another event was started? i can just to conditional branches, but there i cant choose events, just gold and skills and switches and so on.

and how do i get to the switches to edit them and set new ones?

because what i want to do is: after choosing a pokemon, before going out of the house, prof oak, runs after me and tells me my first mission. but that should start of course after choosing the pokemon and not when i entry the house the first time.

most people don't answer this because it's kind of easy, but, i'm nice so here we go.

the first thing you need to do is decide what event you want to come first. once you've don't that go to that event.
open it in the editor (just double click on it) then open the editor thing (double click on the thing that looks like "@>". once you've done that, click on control variables, and then click on the drop down menu.

select an unnamed variable, and name it (for the sake of this tutorial, lets go with "i'm-the-man", because i'm kind of board at the moment,) . click ok.

Then click on control self switch, make sure "A" is in the drop down menu (or what ever letter you want) and click ok.
make a new page, on this page, set the condition box to self : (what ever letter was in control self switch). press apply, and then ok

Now go to the second event (the one you want to happen only after the first) it doesn't even have to be on the same map, it can be anywhere you want the event to happen, just go there, and set the condition as switch: "i'm-the-man".

click apply. click ok. and we're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poccil View Post
Apparently the link has remained online again. The newest release I just made incorporates most of the features I mentioned previously, such as daycare and egg support, custom window skins, and colors for male and female dialogue in the message system. Please refer to notes.txt in the Pokemon Essentials ZIP file for details. Also, metadata not representable in RPG Maker XP can be specified per-map and globally by editing metadata.txt; and the ZIP file also contains the animation editor I made for generating Pokemon battle animations.

Please send problems and comments to me through private messaging instead of to this thread. Thanks.
By the way, i keep forgetting to tell you, the animation editor doesn't completly work, when you go to rename an animation, it messes up (unless you've updated it in the last 2 weeks it should still be like that)

but knowing my pc it could just be me.

Geat thread here

Last edited by yaoimutt; September 19th, 2007 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Isaku
Beginning Trainer

ok thank u, but at the second event u mean to set the condition variable with im the man not switch or? because we have set an variable at the first one and not a switch.

and can i also set it twice? the "an event occurs when touching the other one" - function at an event that also occured on that way?

EDIT:
okay, now i have arranged the swichtes and so on...but now another problem occured: when i go to the prof. house (uper, big house), talk to him and go to the pokeballs, go back to him, choose a pokemon, and then he should go to the pc, like i told him in the script, but he just goes up.
can someone of u tell me why? i have uploaded the project here:

megaupload.com/de/?d=EY595R4E

Last edited by Isaku; September 20th, 2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:59 AM
yaoimutt
Trainer

Quote:
ok thank u, but at the second event u mean to set the condition variable with im the man not switch or? because we have set an variable at the first one and not a switch.

and can i also set it twice? the "an event occurs when touching the other one" - function at an event that also occured on that way?

EDIT:
okay, now i have arranged the swichtes and so on...but now another problem occured: when i go to the prof. house (uper, big house), talk to him and go to the pokeballs, go back to him, choose a pokemon, and then he should go to the pc, like i told him in the script, but he just goes up.
can someone of u tell me why? i have uploaded the project here:

megaupload.com/de/?d=EY595R4E
dude, i didn't understand what you said, take a deep breath, and tell me what happened again, i will download the project, but i need sleep, (it's 3:57 am here XD) so it will have to wait about... 10 hours. i'll see what's wrong then. ok? and sorry it's going to take so long.

Geat thread here
Old September 20th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Isaku
Beginning Trainer

lol okay, sorry XD my english is soo bad '

so now a little bit slower:
what i want/need: combination of the event-appearing-function. with the variable and selfswitch i made to let an event appear, after another one was activated. now i want to let the appeared one also activates another event.

and what doesnt work in my game: u go to the house of the prof. (like in the classic game). its the upper one, the big one. there u go to the prof. then a text message appears. then u talk to the prof. then go to the pokeballs, look at them (both). then the profs comes closer. u go to him. then choose one pokemon. and then he should go to the pc. but instead of going to the pc he just goes one step up. and i dont know why.
so good sleep XD i go and get lunch

EDIT:
Now i have created the first battle route, but it doesnt work..i used bushes all over the way, but the enemies doesnt appear. do i have to do special settings??

Last edited by Isaku; September 20th, 2007 at 03:02 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here