• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Spinel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Pokemon Spinel by Atlantiantokra
made with RPG maker XP

• Aruko Legend:
    At the beginning Arceus crossed from his own world into one of his own creation and made Dialga and Palkia who in turn created time and space. But Arceus then created life in the form of Mew but Arceus saw Mew as weak and began again, but the primitive pokemon he created were beasts with no greater instinct than fighting and were on the verge of destroying their creators. Mew tried to stop them and gave some of its DNA to one of them, the result was Giratina who was able to reach into Arceus' original dimesion and pulled through one capable of stopping him, Jirachi. Jirachi stopped the primitive pokemon but was unable to remove their primal instincts, but Arceus seeing his mistake used Mew's DNA as a template to create more Pokemon this time creating the Crescelia and the Pixies to heal his creations and make sure that they could never return to their primal forms. Amongst the first to be healed were pokemon like Groudon and Kyogre who began creating the world, and Mew seeing to danger of having pokemon like Arceus roaming free prayed to Jirachi who used his power to seal them away, but in a way that their influence would not be undone and the world would continue to grow. When the Pokemon based on Mew began to grow and thrive the Pokemon Regigigas and Darkrai emerged and seeing the raw power that they possessed Jirachi used Arceus' power to create guardians that could keep the world safe from the pokemon he had sealed away should they ever escape as well as other like them that may appear. Jirachi used the last of Mew's influence and Arceus' power to create Latias and Latios who were given the task of keeping the world at peace and waking the guardians should their power ever be needed. Hovever the after 10,000 years the humans that had evolved sought to use Jirchi's power to increase their own. The peacekeepers then used the power of those that had helped create the world to hide Jirachi allowing him to emerge once every 1000 years to see that his world was safe.
  • Story Synopsys: (I think it's still a bit too general at the moment)
    Team Aeon is seeking to reawaken Jirachi and use its power to reshape the world and remove all those whom they see as not worthy of the gift of life. In order do do this they have to find those whose power was used to seal him away. Mew and Crescelia. The player is a new Pokemon trainer who encounters Team Aeon causing trouble early in their journey learing that they are searching for Crescelia and while travelling happen to stumble upon her and warn her of Aeon. Seeing the purity of your heart and after hearing your warning she allows you to see what Team Aeon's true plans are and tells you what you must do to stop them, beginning with a search for Darkrai.
    Post Aruko:
    Spoiler:
  • Features:
    • All previous regions (Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Orre/Sinnoh) as well as the orange islands and 2 new regions (3 if you include the underground)
    • Areas with wild ledgendary Pokemon
    • Fight against all old teams (Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic/Snagem/Cipher) In addition to Aeon
    • In each gym there is a level limit. i.e if the highest level pokemon on your team is too high then even if you beat the gym you will not revieve the badge
    • Each new region you will recieve a new starter (in Orre you will get shiny eevee seeing as the 1st new regions starter is also eevee)
    • All 493 pokemon (i will not be creating any new pokemon)
    • New areas, re-located ledgendaries (e.g. to account for having both navel rock and whirl islands and to fit with my story)
    • Special pokemon such as shadow pokemon or uniquely coloured pokemon
    • new outfit available in each region (change is optional)
    • New items (e.g a revive that makes pokemon happier, a link cable to evolve pokemon that need to be traded[like from mystery dungeon])
    • an uber version of battle tower only instead of 7 trainers its 4 old gyms/elite four using lv 100s(yes you will be able work out what pokemon will be used but you can't change pokemon without starting from the beginning)
    • Public transport run to timetables (you can't catch a train or boat whenever you want. you have to wait for it unless it's private, and yes there will be private transport available)
    • TMs and movesets will have minimal modifications and the only new moves will be more elemental hyper beams/giga impacts
  • Updates:
    • I've started using pokemon essentials for the scripts and i've made a title screen
    • il take any help i can get at the moment in particular a spriter and any story suggestions or charcters/ town names etc are more than welcome
    • 25/10/08 - I have begun work on this again, and I am focusing more on dealing with the more basic things (item coding, movesets, which pokemon will appear in Aruko etc.) Once that is done I should be able to make fairly frequent updates
  • Screenshots:(These may be out of date. In particular Butsu City which no longer has the shrine or the route opening on the left)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
How bout you call your starter place "PeacefulWind Town" or "MountainPeak Town.
But I already gave that to my unfinished games town. :P
Although, you can still use it, but make a character that says, "The name was given by a person from a different region."

TriggerTC

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2007
Mmm...game lookz nice. Whats the 2nd gym leader like? If there is one?

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
ok iv just updated it with 2 new maps (although the route doesnt look quite right to me) and a new feature underground cities (like the under and the deep)

Years
Hmmmm this 'looks good, but there have been so many that 'look' good. Any particular reason why we should keep our eye on this one? And some of those features, they are in most other fan made Pokemon games, what about features like.. New Pokedex, or, More than 20 starters, you know? Otherwise it's really... simple. Not much attracts me to this game except the mapping, which is really good in my opinion.

Good luck
-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Hmmmm this 'looks good, but there have been so many that 'look' good. Any particular reason why we should keep our eye on this one? And some of those features, they are in most other fan made Pokemon games, what about features like.. New Pokedex, or, More than 20 starters, you know? Otherwise it's really... simple. Not much attracts me to this game except the mapping, which is really good in my opinion.

Good luck
-Krobe

do you mean a choice of 20 starters at the very beginning? cos there will be a choice of about 15 throughout the game.and if by new pokedex you mean new style mabye if you mean new pokemon then more than likely no (although if more happen to come out before i finish i would add them) other features i might try to add although my scriping skill is practicaly zero(the basis for the scripts like i said will be demonfires starter kit) and other features may be included as i get further into designing it(i am kinda making it up as i go along but if it works :P, although it makes it easy to include features as i think of them, or as they're suggested)

Last edited:
Years
yeh this game looks great but one of the house on the first screen has no door

hopefully you can change colthes each region

and maybe you use any pokemon u want for the leagues (kinda like in the anime)

cant wait to travel between region starting each region again

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
yeh this game looks great but one of the house on the first screen has no door

hopefully you can change colthes each region

and maybe you use any pokemon u want for the leagues (kinda like in the anime)

cant wait to travel between region starting each region again

yes i noticed the door, i just couldnt be bothered to change the screenshot, i might have give a new choice of clothes per new region, and what do you mean use any pokemon you want for the leagues?

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
He means if there is a league like in the anime, But he probs means the E4, I guess thats a bad idea for E4 (total pwnage .. amazing the 1st time ever i used that word) But if you make a league, i guess any pokemon are ok.
also will it be like pokemon from region , or pokemon from gen?
Because 2nd and 4th gen have no basic pokemon except i few..

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
He means if there is a league like in the anime, But he probs means the E4, I guess thats a bad idea for E4 (total pwnage .. amazing the 1st time ever i used that word) But if you make a league, i guess any pokemon are ok.
also will it be like pokemon from region , or pokemon from gen?
Because 2nd and 4th gen have no basic pokemon except i few..

erm im still a bit confused

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
Hmm lets just say, he means can we use all our pokemon from any place in the elite four.
Also he says league instead of elite four meaning he thinks there is a pokemon league or he means league is the elite 4.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Hmm lets just say, he means can we use all our pokemon from any place in the elite four.
Also he says league instead of elite four meaning he thinks there is a pokemon league or he means league is the elite 4.

as in catch in hoenn use in kanto sort of thing? well yes you will be able to do that, although until you beat the e4 of a region you cant use pokemon not caught/hatched in that region[mabye one will be allowed] (the exceptions being orre, the underground and the second new region)[that way you still have a challenge late in the game]

Years
do you mean a choice of 20 starters at the very beginning? cos there will be a choice of about 15 throughout the game.and if by new pokedex you mean new style mabye if you mean new pokemon then more than likely no (although if more happen to come out before i finish i would add them) other features i might try to add although my scriping skill is practicaly zero(the basis for the scripts like i said will be demonfires starter kit) and other features may be included as i get further into designing it(i am kinda making it up as i go along but if it works :P, although it makes it easy to include features as i think of them, or as they're suggested)

Actually... those were examples, and you don't necessarily need scripts. You can do the whole game eventing. Also, I know Demonfire personally, and he's still waiting on someone to do the art before he can work on the battle system, so it will take some time, and if you plan on using his, then you might as well just wait.

-Krobe

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
Hmm I suggest you take some time and learn the scripting language a little. hold the project to then.
Once you know it, you will be amazed at what you can do.
games are not always about the maps, Gameplay keeps people into it, good graphics and map just add the wow effect.

Years
Maybe for the underground cities, why not have like a dark shading or something like that, to make the player feel like they are underground, instead of being in a city/town surrounded by rocks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Maybe for the underground cities, why not have like a dark shading or something like that, to make the player feel like they are underground, instead of being in a city/town surrounded by rocks.

actually iv already set it so that it is darker (in game)

One tip and this is all i have to say.Don't mix graphics like RS and FRLG.

i know mixing them makes it look bad (most of the time) but seeing as i have to mix cos of specific tiles needed for each region the best i can do (and i am trying to) is to not mix them on the same map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back