The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Nature: Timid
Well today i managed to catch them all on my pkmn pearl and was just wondering which did u find the hardest to catch, i think many of you are gonna say mesprit cause it runs, but i was lucky that as soon as i went into grass after it started running it was the first pokemon encounter i had, i used my masterball to catch that one. Azelf was the second easiest i just used two attacks and it was down in the red zone and through 10 dusk balls, and it was caught. Now Uxie did my head in i had to use 20 dusk balls 5 timer balls and i ultra balls till it was finally caught!

So which order did u catch them in and which was the hardest for you?

- NA

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Lady Nicole
hello o.o

Nature: Naive
I caught Azelf first then Uxie then Mesprit. And I must say, Uxie took me by far the most Dusk balls to get and Mesprit the least. I only used two on Mesprit before it was caught lol (I waited till night to catch it). I used my brother's Gengar to use Mean look on it and then I used Hypnosis once I'd lowered its health enough.

Credit to aragornbird for the Cresselia image

Nicole is happy
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Joey the Cockroach
Dino Crisis will never die!!!!

Nature: Adamant
i definately think Azelf was the hardest because i used a good 20 ultra balls on it. For Uxie, i think i used about 17, and for Mesprit, i used only 4.
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Lady Nicole
hello o.o

Lol, it's weird how people find some harder to catch than others. They all have the same catch rate!

Credit to aragornbird for the Cresselia image

Nicole is happy
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Murky
Underworld dweller

Mesprit because i had no mean look and he kept on running from me :'(
Old September 27th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Nacon
Item Trafficker

Send a message via AIM to Nacon
yea... either save your masterball for Cressellia or Mesprit.... or... use a wobuffet... have fun chasing after him.
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Silhouette
For my kingdom

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Android View Post
Well today i managed to catch them all on my pkmn pearl and was just wondering which did u find the hardest to catch, i think many of you are gonna say mesprit cause it runs, but i was lucky that as soon as i went into grass after it started running it was the first pokemon encounter i had, i used my masterball to catch that one. Azelf was the second easiest i just used two attacks and it was down in the red zone and through 10 dusk balls, and it was caught. Now Uxie did my head in i had to use 20 dusk balls 5 timer balls and i ultra balls till it was finally caught!

So which order did u catch them in and which was the hardest for you?

- NA
I went azelf, uxie, then mesprit. they werent that hard, other than uxie. I used false swipe, ANDparalyzed him. I went through 8 Quick balls, 42 Ultra balls. And caught him FINALLY with a...pokeball...:'(
Theme by me
Old September 27th, 2007, 05:33 PM
t5gnyaborar
Challenger

My order was Uxie Azelf and then Mesprit and by far Azelf took
me the longest to catch.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Old September 27th, 2007, 05:52 PM
sims796
We're A-Comin', Princess!

Mespirt for me. Could have went easier, but I didn't wanna use a Master Ball. I then said screw it, used a Master Ball, and got another one via Emerald.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 27th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Arcknight316
left pc

uxie and azelf were hard to catch, but their capture was unstoppable anyway. i havent caught mesprit, but i dont need it
Old September 27th, 2007, 08:57 PM
RLan69
Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to RLan69
Azelf, since Uxie just did nothing for the whole battle and I just get whittling it down (it still took a good 35 Dusk Balls though). Mesprit I used my Pearl MasterBall on. Azelf, however, had an extremely powerful Confusion after several Nasty Plots, so it was tougher.

In-Game Name: Roblan
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

98% of teens drop pokemon after middle school. If ur part of the rare 2% who still like it after middle school, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old September 28th, 2007, 03:43 AM
rishi 20
xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx

Nature: Relaxed
mine personaly was azlef i got annoyed and evetually just used master ball

Rishi 20's Platinum Friend Code: 2579-0474-9265

Pokemon Heart Gold Friend code: ____-____-____-____

Heart Gold!!

My dream team:

]
Old September 28th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Drakorn
Rather synchronized

Send a message via AIM to Drakorn Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Drakorn
I found Azelf te hardest since I had no master and since greatballs are my best ones I use, I only had 20 of them.

.FRIEND CODES
.Pearl
.Diamond
.Platinum
.HeartGold
.SoulSilver

. Don't stop believing

.Played Pokemon since 1995.
Old September 28th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

Try to catch Mesprit without a Master Ball!

Acutally, it's not that hard. I caught it with a Great Ball after a few Ultra Balls. Not really something THAT hard. The other were easy, too.

Old September 28th, 2007, 02:53 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Mespirt was hard for me because it kept on running around. Unlike Azlef and Uxie was easier since I can throw as many balls at is as I was carrying

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
silverlugia69
Beginning Trainer

i caught azelf-uxie-mesprit and by far the hardest to catch was uxie used 4 quickballs 17 great balls and 12 dusk balls then got it him with...a timer ball!:'(

my pokepet scizors the lv 80 scizor!
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Gibbo
Trainer

Nature: Hardy
I went Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit.
I refused to use the Masterball on Mespirit because I just like to save it. But it wasn't that hard cause I just False swiped, Mean looked and Hypnosised it so it only took like 2 balls.
I think Uxie took the longest for me to try to catch if you don't count the time finding Mesprit.

White | Name: Alex | FC: 2451 4714 4852
Old October 2nd, 2007, 12:20 PM
BreD
Where's ButteR?

Location: I don't have a location, i'm just a figment of your imagination.
I only caught one, Mesprit, the others my friend gave me xD
I cba to catch them now..
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Pokemon Type-Differ Trainer
PC Newbie

Nature: Calm
I don't know which one was harder, Mesprit (uncatched yet) or Azelf (catched). Azelf was terrifying with its attacks, but Mesprit fleeing always and not having a Pokémon or move that traps your Pokémon in battle is frustrating.
Quick Fun Fact: I saved before battling Uxie and battled it. After weakening it, before trying to catch it I noticed I hadn't resupplied in Balls since my battle with Azelf. Still trying to catch it, failed a lot. I reset the game to resupply and battle Uxie. (I resupplied on all Balls I could in Snowpoint. And LOTS of Balls were bought) So I battled Uxie again and weakened it again (get ready for surprise). While I chose an Ultra Ball I thought "Here we go, for another Ball spamming montage. I wonder how many Balls I'll--" (catches Uxie in FIRST TRY) "WWHHAAAAAAAAAATTT?!?!?!? SO I BOUGHT ALL THOSE BALLS FOR NOTHING?!?" (I'm 13, those are my reactions)
So my Ball supplies were (this will be hilarious):
50 Poké Balls
50 Great Balls
50 Ultra Balls
25 Quick Balls
25 Dusk Balls
25 Timer Balls
5 Premier Balls
3 Net Balls
1 Nest Ball
1 Master Ball
AND I USED JUST ONE FREAKING ULTRA BALL!!! .-.
Old June 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Nature: Naughty
Azelf because it likes to use nasty plot to make it's SP ATK insane. Then it spams swift/uproar till my whole team dies. But the hardest legendary ever for me to catch were either Cresselia or Lugia.
Old June 27th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
Those three generally have the same catch rates of 3, but it's just that sometimes, the system loves to troll you...

It took me 10 Dusk Balls to catch Uxie. Not a threat really...

I defeated Mesprit right away as I already had one in Pokemon Black Version 2.

It took me 5 Ultra Balls, 4 Dusk Balls and then one more Ultra Ball to nab it, and I had to soft reset like mad to get my dear Modest Nature :@...

Just remember to pack a bulky Ghost or Dark type when catching Azelf, as Nasty Plot boosted Uproar/Swift/Future Sight is nothing to laugh at

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:47 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
Please do not revive threads over a month old. (Especially this thread which is 5 and a half years old!) You're more than welcome to make a fresh topic though!

[ Closed ]

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links