The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread

Old October 24th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Gama85
Beginning Trainer

I noticed that the pokedex gives the heights of various pokemon, but those don't make sense to me. Like for instance, Fearow is stated to be 3'11" tall, but that's not exactly large especially if its trainer is supposed to fly on it.

My question is, do I use the canon heights (from the games/pokedex) when describing my pokemon, or can I use whatever height I think seems right to me?
Old October 28th, 2006, 12:22 PM
ze_gobou
All Your Base Are Belong To Us

If you want your charcter to fly on a Fearow, you can make it be taller than it should be...
In my opinion, you can change a pokemon's height, but only if you REALLY need to make this change.
Old December 5th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Tale
Beginning Trainer

I say go for it, after all, since when was any species ever one exact height and remained that height no matter where/what kind of species they are. The Fearow in Kanto, for example, could be notoriously larger on average than the Fearow in Hoenn. I'm sure you can think of something that will allow for a height alteration, and besides, I highly doubt people check up on the dex while reading your fic just to make sure.

Good luck.
Old December 16th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Idiot!
One shot, one kill.

I think the heights in Pokédex is just the average. So use what you think is correct/logical.
Old September 30th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, I mostly think of the sizes given in the pokédex as guidelines myself. If you're going significantly above or below one, you can always describe the pokémon as being unusually large or small. You can play around, but please try to keep it within the bounds of reason so we don't end up with an anime situation. (The kind where a freakin' Ekans is the same height as a human -.-) As long as you abide by common sense, I'm sure no-one will object.

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Old September 30th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Grovyle42(Griff8416)
No. 1 Grovyle Fan

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Grovyle42(Griff8416) Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Grovyle42(Griff8416) Send a message via Yahoo to Grovyle42(Griff8416)
Yeah, as said before, no one wants a 20 foot pidgeotto.

*edit* Didn't read the time stamps.

...still, no one wants a 20 foot pidgeotto, do they?
PC Family so far: Cousin - ScytheMaster, Awesomest Sister - Diamondpearl876, Brother - Rebellious Treecko (PM one of us if you want to join it)

------------
Click Below for The Awesome Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile Club
Older Fic banner by Scenice.
Old Fic banner by Sammi-Chan.
New Fic banner by Scenice
Banner and avatar by Anastasia R.

Last edited by Grovyle42(Griff8416); September 30th, 2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM
diamondpearl876
you can breathe now. x

Nature: Careful
Guys? This is a thread from 2006?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 30th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Careful With That Axe, Pichu!

Nature: Careful
Congratulations, you've spammed.

And bumped.

closed

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links