The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What should the Name be???
Pokemon Calcite 26 27.96%
Pokemon Legend of Dragons 40 43.01%
Pokemon Dragon Adventure 27 29.03%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 30th, 2007, 07:09 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
world league sounds like an excellent idea
perhaps you need to visit certain towns of all regions in order to find the legendary dragon. sorta like a quest across the world
Thanks for the feedback. Erimgard, I'm going to do something like that. You'll find out when I release beta 1. Which I'm hoping is in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
I think the idea of having gyms from all the generations sounds good, just an idea, you could maybe include some dp ones. Hacks great keep it up!

EDIT: I have an idea on the eevee thing, you could have two pokemon, one a male eevee and the other a female eevee, and each would evolve into the different evolutions, example male evolves into jolteon but female flareon.Then you could fit the all in using Amplifier, just a suggestion.
I haven't played DP, so I'm not sure if I'll include the gyms from that generation. I like the idea on the Eevee-lutions.(Bad Pun). That could solve my problem. I'll try and make an obvious difference between the male and female so you can tell the difference. I just have to figure out how to do it without replacing other pokemon. If I figure out how to do it I'll make a list of DP pokemon I'll put into the game. I'm NOT putting any DP legendaries in, I have to think of too many events already. Here's the list at the moment of what I'm planning on adding:
  • Leafeon
  • Glaceon
  • Gible
  • Gabite
  • Garchomp
  • Ambipom
  • Bidew
  • Roserade
  • Mismagius
  • Honchkrow
  • Munchlax
  • Weavile
I hate leaving evolutions unfinished, I probably forgot some. Tell me if I did and I'll add them to the list. I'm not adding the DP starters. I'm going to add the list to the first post.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I'm taking a break from hacking for a week(maybe less). I'll keep updating the thread, but I probably won't be getting much done over the week.
See ya.
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:25 AM
shadowrider
PokeRom Hacker

You missed magmars and elecktabuzz's evolutions(not sure what they are called) and dusknoir. Use these eevee pics for male and female http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/133/picdex

Evovle Me!
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:49 PM
trevor813
Its Just Me I Am Zero

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trevor813
=O wow this is great !!!!!
Old October 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
gangabob
Beginning Trainer

I made a banner:

Code:
39.photobucket.com/albums/q313/guywithwings65/pokemonlegendofdragons.png[/IMG][/url]
Old October 1st, 2007, 05:04 PM
aaronburnsyou
<-- Please feed me Everstones!

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
I hate leaving evolutions unfinished, I probably forgot some. Tell me if I did and I'll add them to the list.
If you mean every single 4th gen evolution/pre-evo of the 386 available, then here are some that weren't yet mentioned:

-Bonsly
-Mime Jr.
-Happiny
-Magnezone
-Togekiss
-Probopass
-Tangrowth
-Yanmega
-Rhyperior

I'm not sure if there's more, or even if there's room for all the current ones. If there's more, I'll say so.
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:29 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
You missed magmars and elecktabuzz's evolutions(not sure what they are called) and dusknoir. Use these eevee pics for male and female http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/133/picdex
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronburnsyou View Post
If you mean every single 4th gen evolution/pre-evo of the 386 available, then here are some that weren't yet mentioned:

-Bonsly
-Mime Jr.
-Happiny
-Magnezone
-Togekiss
-Probopass
-Tangrowth
-Yanmega
-Rhyperior

I'm not sure if there's more, or even if there's room for all the current ones. If there's more, I'll say so.
Thanks I took a look at bulbapedia, and I decided to leave out pre-evo's, Gible evo-line and maybe Gallade and Frossglass. But I'll post my list on the first post and I'll see how many I'll be able to fit.

I think I'm just going to use the RS sprite for Female and the FR sprite for male. That will be easier for me to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangabob View Post
I made a banner:

Code:
39.photobucket.com/albums/q313/guywithwings65/pokemonlegendofdragons.png[/IMG][/url]
Thanks I'll add it to the first post.
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:35 PM
♠εx
Working on my hack, busy also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangabob View Post
I made a banner:

Code:
Can I ask where you got that text that say's legend of dragons?

Anyway, seems like this hack is going good thethethethe. You have few bugs in the game and the storyline is unique. I'll be waiting for some more updates. I'm downloading the beta now, hope it will be interesting .

Yes, this does mean Icy Blue will be locked down, but only for a short time while I fix my bugs.

- Crashink.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 04:53 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Well I haven;t been working on this much lately. I've been on school hlidays for a week already and I've barely done anything on this hack. Now I'm working all week(not on the hack) so all I've got are these two little updates, I'll try and get some done when I can. Well they're not much, but at least they're something.

I fixed it and....

I changed it.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:03 AM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
Well I haven;t been working on this much lately. I've been on school hlidays for a week already and I've barely done anything on this hack. Now I'm working all week(not on the hack) so all I've got are these two little updates, I'll try and get some done when I can. Well they're not much, but at least they're something.

I fixed it and....

I changed it.
Ehm Ya know, I think you should make the upper side of the pokéball on the floor red, A Blue pokéball looks, weird..
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:05 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
I like the new sprite for the game beginning
but I agree that the floor tile should be red for the pokeball

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old October 2nd, 2007, 01:36 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Yeah, the only way I'll be able to do that, is if I change the tiles. The problem is that the upper half of the pokeball uses the same colour as the shadows, So if I make the top half of the pokeball red so will the shading. That pokemart isn't finished yet, I still want to change a few more things. The walls and the floor look way too different, I might change some more palettes.
Oh yeah, and as of right now, I'm bug-free. I'm going to happily cross that last bug off the list.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I think a blue pokeball inside a mart gives your hack a unique feeling...

I think you should.., in the pokemon centre.., a red pokeball on the floor.., while in the mart, a blue pokeball.

It's just what I think. Wishing ya for the best, thethethethe!

- EDITED -

I love the male hero in the intro!
He's wearing green, my 2nd fav. color! YEY!!!
Old October 2nd, 2007, 03:01 PM
Espreon
Lord of the Nagas

It is related to the ship. Apparently you can use the passage on the left of the ship to get to The Five Island Meadow were you can walk on water and encounter Pokemon as if you were surfing. Which is deadly as the starter would only be around Level 7. BTW when walking on water you can't get on land.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
BurstX
Some old fart

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX
i love the updates and i love the new trainer, well the recolor you know what i mean, right?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
gangabob
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠εx View Post
Can I ask where you got that text that say's legend of dragons?
I did not get it anywhere, I made it.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
shadowrider
PokeRom Hacker

The updates are good, keep it blue, like whats been mentioned it gives your hack some uniqueness.

Evovle Me!
Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:28 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espreon View Post
It is related to the ship. Apparently you can use the passage on the left of the ship to get to The Five Island Meadow were you can walk on water and encounter Pokemon as if you were surfing. Which is deadly as the starter would only be around Level 7. BTW when walking on water you can't get on land.
Should I even bother answering this? Okay I will, but it's the last time. That is a mistake of mine. That room was only there to tell you it was the end of the pre-beta. Do you really think that I'd make the boat that small?

Well thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll just keep changing heaps of palettes until I'm happy with them all. I'll try and get most of them done by tomorrow, maybe. I want to change a lot, I hate the FR colours, They're too bright.. I'll post most things that I change but I'll leave some for you to see later.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 01:06 AM
johnlycett
Not Booted Out - be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili1126 View Post
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Views: 1,569,075

why have them no 3d look ??? they look 2d !!!

anyone got wifi? i wanna battle. no rules except no legends or 999 stats. message me your fc or aim if you got it.
The rules you broke!

1. You put a link to other site
2.You spammed this thread
3.You broke you face well it about to be

Thethethe nice palletes
nice work
Old October 3rd, 2007, 02:34 AM
shadow_darkurai
Darkrai-X

Send a message via Yahoo to shadow_darkurai
Hmm...Maybe it Nice if the Dialga and Palkia D/P Include on Your Game because it's Have Dragon Type
And Extremly Strong....

Steven's PokePet

Dialga the level 95 Dialga!
Old October 3rd, 2007, 04:22 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlycett View Post
The rules you broke!

1. You put a link to other site
2.You spammed this thread
3.You broke you face well it about to be

Thethethe nice palletes
nice work
thanks johnlycett(I just noticed it was johnly, not johnny)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_darkurai View Post
Hmm...Maybe it Nice if the Dialga and Palkia D/P Include on Your Game because it's Have Dragon Type
And Extremly Strong....
I've pretty much settled on this. I'm not putting any DP legendaries in. Don't you think there is enough already? There's already 21 Legendaries! Well who knows, maybe in a much later beta I'll change my mind, but right now, NO chance.

Okay, I didn't get as much done as I thought I would. Well this is my only major change. Original's on the left.
>>>>

I'm going to change the colour of the roof of the house but I need to find the right offset. Maybe the sandy part aswell, but first tell me what you think so far.
EDIT: I forgot, if you recognise the Rom-base that I got the palette from, please let me know, so I can credit you. All I named the Rom-base was 'rombase' so I don't know who to credit.

Last edited by thethethethe; October 3rd, 2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:05 AM
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
gggggggggggggggggg

I love it!!!, i am so tiret of the fire red ones to!
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:27 AM
Black Charizard.
Alter Ego
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
nice job thethethethe on this hack so far.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:39 AM
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
Good tile-change my friend. This looks like it will be a great hack! Glad you didn't decide to quit man...wait, is that need-to-know info? If so, sorry!

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:41 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I think thethethethe wouldn't quit on this amazing hack.

Well, hopefully not. Oh well... wishing for the best thethethethe..!
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:43 AM
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
No, he kinda sorta said on our team's message board he might wanta quit hacking, maybe. Sorry the^4, but as long as they know, they should know it all.

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here