• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2007
I haven't really checked but I think the problem comes from the level script. Try to remove/edit it and see what happens then.
I didnt use a script for that I just used a warp from avanced map. if a level script was already there where can i find it and change it?

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2009
when i open dexter or baseedit in elitemap folder, it says "supported rom,but monster names arent represented" for beseedit, and for dexter it says "supported rom,but pokedex data is not represented"

and, for pokepic it dosent even open my rom

help

Years
I added an extra part of the cave of origin in sootopolis city but when I enter the cave(my character is facing down for some reason and it won't let me leave the cave. I have all the warp numbers right and stuff but I can't seem to find the problem. I've attached two pics the first is what the outside of the cave looks like(if it even matters) and the second is the inside what it looks like right when I was warped in(facing down idk why). Can someone help me please?

Yeah, I had the same problem a couple of days ago. EarthsVisitor told me how to fix it. In the row where you find the ground tile for the cave there is another ground tile to the right of it. Use that one at the foot of the entrance. Here is a picture to explain it. (EV's picture)
example.jpg

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2007
Yeah, I had the same problem a couple of days ago. EarthsVisitor told me how to fix it. In the row where you find the ground tile for the cave there is another ground tile to the right of it. Use that one at the foot of the entrance. Here is a picture to explain it. (EV's picture0

oh ok thanks, I kind of thought the problem would be something like that

natu133

Belive It!
Years
In R/S/E you can change the battle sprites with unlz gba.
In FR/LG you have to search those sprites with a tileviewer because the battle spites are uncompressed.

ok, like tile molester? i have that. Instead of wasting your time ill go check if theres a tutorial on it first .

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Copy all the Tile Molester files (from your zip or something) into a new folder, than you have to create some sub-folders and put some things in it.
you have to put the following files in it.

Sub-Folder 1: languages
language_template
language_sp_LA.properties
language_no_NO.properties
language_en_US.properties
language.properties

Sub-Folder 2: resources
tmres.dtd

It should work now

natu133

Belive It!
Years
okay i got tile molester working..only problem is that i dont know how to work it and i have a heap of questions..

1) Whats the offset number for PLAIN grass in FIRE RED
2) How Do You Uncompress images from Un-LZ
3) How can i make dexter work with fire red...i saw a post with something about bpre, but where do i put the text?
4) Do I Edit Tilesets using tile layer pro?
5) What are the offset numbers for the Hero/Heroine back view (battle) and gender select in fire red for tile molester?
6) Whats the region map number for fire-red?
7)Is there a tutorial IN ENGLISH for tile molester

Thats all for now

Last edited:

ldl_lionel_92

Lionel
Years
Background Change in Title

Could anyone help me change the background in RUBY for the title page (The glowing Groudon)? If i email someone the image i want to insert, could they do that? Or at least tell me how to do it?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
natu133 said:
okay i got tile molester working..only problem is that i dont know how to work it and i have a heap of questions..

1) Whats the offset number for PLAIN grass in FIRE RED
2) How Do You Uncompress images from Un-LZ
3) How can i make dexter work with fire red...i saw a post with something about bpre, but where do i put the text?
4) Do I Edit Tilesets using tile layer pro?
5) What are the offset numbers for the Hero/Heroine back view (battle) and gender select in fire red for tile molester?
6) Whats the region map number for fire-red?
7)Is there a tutorial IN ENGLISH for tile molester

Thats all for now

1. If you wanted to edit the tile of the grass, use Advance Map it is much easier. Otherwise it is at 399008.

2. By repointing the image using a hex editor.

3. I would not know where to put the text, but you can use hex to edit the values etc.

4. Most people edit the tiles using Advance Map these days.

5. Backpics: E69FFC
Character selection: 46163C(it is decompressed), look at zel's tutorial on how to change it.

6. Nobody has found the X and Y positions yet.

7. I wouldn't know any, just keep on searching around.

ldl_lionel_92 said:
Could anyone help me change the background in RUBY for the title page (The glowing Groudon)? If i email someone the image i want to insert, could they do that? Or at least tell me how to do it?

Open your rom up in unLZ.gba and goto 80, Groudon should be there and unLZ.gba can be found in the EliteMap package if you don't have it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
2. By repointing the image using a hex editor.
4. Most people edit the tiles using Advance Map these days.

2. Repointing is used to save something somewhere else, not to uncompress things, for LZ77 compressed images use unLZ GBA
search your image, then click "save as" and safe it.
4. Well, the A-Map way is not the safe way :S
Use the unLZ GBA way, its the safest way

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2007
how can I add a new trainer with 6 pokemon or edit an existing trainer to get him/her 6 pokemon without messing up some other trainer's pokemon?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
ZiJing said:
Is there a tutorial on how to use PET?

PET can be a tad glitchy so it is not recommended, but you can have a look around for tutorials on how to change the trainers using hex.

Kelg said:
how can I add a new trainer with 6 pokemon or edit an existing trainer to get him/her 6 pokemon without messing up some other trainer's pokemon?

Either by scripting a new battle script into blank space or by adding a new battle using hex, have a look around for some tutorials on how to add battles.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
i dont really know if i should ask this ( or if Im even allowed to) but
can someone give me a picture of suicune in the same format as Charizard at the start of Fire Red. Like you'll see it when you start the game?

i wouold still like to have this but also does anyone have a list of offsets for ape (Fire Red) i wanna change the sand and buildin

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Quilava's Master said:
i wouold still like to have this but also does anyone have a list of offsets for ape (Fire Red) i wanna change the sand and buildin

Here is a list of useful tile offsets:

Fire Red/Leaf Green
Pallete0: EA1B60
Pallete2: EA1B80
Pallete3: EA1B90
Pallete4: EA1BEA

jdplayer556

Hacker(In the Making)
Years
Hey, I just downloaded Advance-Text. But when I tried to open it , it keeps telling me that component
'comctl32.ocx' is not currently registered. It also says a file is missing. What do i need to fix it?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
jdplayer556 said:
Hey, I just downloaded Advance-Text. But when I tried to open it , it keeps telling me that component
'comctl32.ocx' is not currently registered. It also says a file is missing. What do i need to fix it?

Obviously you need "Comctl32.ocx", find that file on google and then place it in the same folder as where you have A-Text.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ya i was also having that problem.
Anyways why does my compiled script always freeze the game?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back