• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Instant Messenger?

What is the best Instant Messenger?

• AIM

Votes: 8 25.0%
    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • MSN

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • YIM

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
I like MSN because you can do many more things than I could in AIM and Yahoo! MSN also looks a lot better than the plain interface of Yahoo! and AIM.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
Years
I have to go with MSN.

Not only does MSN have all of the things that the other IMS have, but it also has a lot more quirks like the ability to change your name, and some cool little voice things that you can get if you have MSG plus. Also, MSN has the best smileys out of all of the IMs; there's so many to choose from, and they all look so good, that it's easy to find the perfect smiley to express your emotion through IM.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
I'd have to go with MSN too. I only really use AIM and MSN though. I have Yahoo but no one I know uses it... and if they do they have one of the others too. I do like the ability to change your name whenever you want. On AIM I'm stuck looking at snowangel3181988 or the one my friend made me make yesterday! ILiveOffH2O! Another reason I guess I like MSN better is because I use it more now. AIM I usually just use for my RL friends that talk to me online... and that's usually only one. I use MSN much more frequently. And it also has the ability to add people into a convo without having to start a seperate chatroom like you do with AIM...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
AIM because most of my friends have it, It's the easiest to use (not to mention easiest to get). It was the First Im system I got.

MSN on the other hand, would be a better choice for the "talker" seeing that you can have more than one conversation at a time. MSN also has that sleek look that no other IM system has.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Best client? Trillian in my opinion. It?s very easy with no unneeded junk the other IM clients but on your machine, it?s easy to meld all the services into one, and it?s got almost all the functionality of the other clients plus a lot of common sense options the others don?t have. Also very skinable, if you?re into that. Add a wealth of plugins and all the convenience it has~

Now as far as the services? As I said they mostly seem the same to me, but?

AIM lets you add people without their knowing, good and bad. It?s also got nice info like how long they?ve been away and etc.

MSN Most people at PC use this, so I?m on it a lot. People are aware when you add them?good and bad once again. And when you use their actual client, you can voice chat which is pretty cool.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
I think everyone likes MSN because Microsoft made it. They have too much money to make it better.. Meh~, still my favourite anyway, even though I'm anti-Microsoftish..

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
I go with AIM. I'll list my "Goods" about each though.

AIM ~ Chat rooms, file sending, DeadAIM (ph34r it!), away messages, the profiles, linking (if you like that stuff), easy to sign up
MSN ~ Uh, name changing. And that's about it for MSN... >>
YIM ~ I like in the new one that you can hide from certain people. And the voice chat system works GREAT.
ICQ ~ Don't even ask. Because there is none.

Now for the "bads"
AIM ~ It has a rather ugly look, but it is pretty easier skinned. Also non-hacked AIM has the ugly ads.
MSN ~ Convos like to hurt my computer... T_T, Windows Messanger sucks, File sending sucks, and it takes forever to sign up for. Plus you need the e-mail address for when you sign-up.
YIM ~ It's ugly, and no one uses it. >>;;
ICQ ~ SPAM! >.<;;;;;;;

Trillian is okay, but I don't like how it works. I'd rather have the Buddy Lists seperated, like how AIM does the linking. That's nice. :)

But if you ever want a real chat, go with IRC.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
Gr8person62.2 said:
I think everyone likes MSN because Microsoft made it. They have too much money to make it better.. Meh~, still my favourite anyway, even though I'm anti-Microsoftish..
I don't like MSN because Microsoft made it. I hate all thing Microsoft except for MSN and the XBox. That's pretty much it.
As for clients, I used to like Trillian but hhan I switched to Linux so now I can't use it. :disappoin

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Ooh, thats lame. Poor mac users. I only y00s the chat part of IMs. Smilies too, but I use nothing more. I have completely other apps for Audio/Video. I never play the games, they're lame too. Hmm.. I'm too simple.

aaaaaa

I use MSN almost exclusively to talk to certain girlies from PC, though.

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
Years
MSN all the way! Most of my freinds [+ online freinds] use that more than AIM

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
i like msn better cuz u can change ur display name and the emoticons are better...etc only thing yahoo has better is the LAUNCHcast radio i always listen to that

Back