The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 5th, 2007, 10:54 PM
jdplayer556
Hacker(In the Making)

Advertise here
Thanks for that. It's working perfectly now.

Inferno the level 81 Charizard!

(Soon to be my team)
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Binary
え?

Ya i was also having that problem.
Anyways why does my compiled script always freeze the game?!?
Old October 6th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Epsilon
Shiny Scizor

How do i acces and change the tile animatons?
Old October 6th, 2007, 12:38 AM
BlackRainbow*
Pokemon Coralo Version ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
You can change them with TLP or Tileed2002
Old October 6th, 2007, 01:18 AM
light_trainer921
Flamethrower Helper

I want to insert a D/P Latios at a FR title screen but I want it to be as big as the Charizard in the normal FR title screen. How can I do that?
Old October 6th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blazichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos
Just use TLP or Tile Molester.

Ruby/Sapphire: Grass Animation- 369400
Water/Flower Animation- 376C00

FR/LG: Grass Animation- 399008
Water/Flower Animation- 3A7208

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_trainer921
I want to insert a D/P Latios at a FR title screen but I want it to be as big as the Charizard in the normal FR title screen. How can I do that?
Here is a tutorial on how to change the FR/LG titlescreen: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81214

You just have to export and make your Latios image the same size as the Charizard.

←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
Old October 6th, 2007, 07:09 AM
once in a blue mew
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to once in a blue mew
Well... I had... maybe 2 or 3 questions.

1) About how hard is it to insert FR tiles into Ruby?

2) What program would I have to use? (I have Advance Map and unLZ GBA, but I don't like the way unLZ works... I find it very complicated.)

3) Which is better to hack, Ruby or FR?

Credit to Zel for the Game, I just screen shotted the part where your rival pushes you.
I claimed;
~*~ ~*~

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a
wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit
a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I feogrt who ollanirigy had tihs but wohveer did. TAHNKS
Old October 6th, 2007, 07:36 AM
jujuca
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Hey. I am currently trying to 'tune-up' a fire red rom so I can make it more difficult and make some pokémon better. I want to:
- change some trainers' pokemon;
- change pokemon base stats;
- change pokemon learned moves via level-up and TMs.

Changing trainers is possible with P.E.T., but it glitches out a whole lot and for some reason it registers the rival (gary, green, whatever) having pokemon he doesn't actually have (when I tried to do it, 'TERRY' had a Pidgeot, a Krabby, a Nidoqueen, a Hypno, a Growlithe and a Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn, Growlithe and Pidgeot he usually has, but Hypno?). Note that I haven't touched this rom before, it is clean.

As for changing pokemon base stats, Base Edit says that 'monster names aren't specified in the database' and I have no idea about what does this means.
Finally, patted worked for me when I tried in a clean Ruby rom (and even so it crashed quite a few times, and was missing some moves. Silver Wind, Signal Beam and more) and it worked decently, but with my fire red rom it just shows the pokemon names as glitched up stuff. For some reason, Charmander is &%/("#%&(#%&. I know it is Charmander because the moves work, you can see ember and metal claw and stuff.

Anyway, i was wondering if there is/are any other tools that can substitute those I referred? Base Edit was the only one that was working nicely, without glitches or crashing out randomly, but it doesn't work for some reason. I searched this thread and heard about a tool called 'pokemon amplifier', unfortunately the link was dead and I couldn't find anything on google about it, so if that works for what I want, i'd apreciate it if you could upload it!

Also, one final little thing after this huge post, please be aware that I am completely new to this hacking scene - I know the tools from EliteMap and that's it. If what I want can only be done by HEX, could someone link me to a tutorial or something?

Thanks in advance.
Old October 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Do any body can tell me why Cyclone doesn't work for me please?
Old October 6th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Milanor
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by once in a blue mew
Well... I had... maybe 2 or 3 questions.

1) About how hard is it to insert FR tiles into Ruby?

2) What program would I have to use? (I have Advance Map and unLZ GBA, but I don't like the way unLZ works... I find it very complicated.)

3) Which is better to hack, Ruby or FR?
It's not very hard (for me lol) but the Pokecenter as a example is a bit difficult to insert.Well the unZL gba way is the easyiest
(wrong writen right? x_X) way to insert tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*TwiLiTeDaRkRai*~*
Do any body can tell me why Cyclone doesn't work for me please?
Apears a error message?
Old October 6th, 2007, 09:43 AM
squeakystar
Beginning Trainer

What is the offset for the world map in Ruby?
Old October 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM
light_trainer921
Flamethrower Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazichu View Post
You just have to export and make your Latios image the same size as the Charizard.
I tried it but it says: "File is not indexed." Now what?
Old October 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
Appears a error message?
Yes, and it is some what urgent <_________<
Old October 6th, 2007, 06:41 PM
M i n a t o //
Listen to the Stereo

Nature: Quiet
not sure if this question has been asked but how do you delete maps in advance map?

Credits for Avatar and Banner goes to Memory.
雷の守護者
Old October 6th, 2007, 08:25 PM
STM
My DS doesn't read DS games...

I have a question about changing attack effects, I am not trying to change the effect of an attack, instead I want to change the effect. For example, I want there to be an effect that sharply increases a Pokemon's Speed, Accuracy and Evasion. Would I need to hex edit to create that effect? And if so can you help me with hex editing.
Old October 6th, 2007, 11:49 PM
♠εx
Working on my hack, busy also.

I have a simple question.

How would I edit fly position?
Cyclone only edits what the map looks like. I want to have the flight's right.

Yes, this does mean Icy Blue will be locked down, but only for a short time while I fix my bugs.

- Crashink.
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuca
Hey. I am currently trying to 'tune-up' a fire red rom so I can make it more difficult and make some pokémon better. I want to:
- change some trainers' pokemon;
- change pokemon base stats;
- change pokemon learned moves via level-up and TMs.

Changing trainers is possible with P.E.T., but it glitches out a whole lot and for some reason it registers the rival (gary, green, whatever) having pokemon he doesn't actually have (when I tried to do it, 'TERRY' had a Pidgeot, a Krabby, a Nidoqueen, a Hypno, a Growlithe and a Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn, Growlithe and Pidgeot he usually has, but Hypno?). Note that I haven't touched this rom before, it is clean.

As for changing pokemon base stats, Base Edit says that 'monster names aren't specified in the database' and I have no idea about what does this means.
Finally, patted worked for me when I tried in a clean Ruby rom (and even so it crashed quite a few times, and was missing some moves. Silver Wind, Signal Beam and more) and it worked decently, but with my fire red rom it just shows the pokemon names as glitched up stuff. For some reason, Charmander is &%/("#%&(#%&. I know it is Charmander because the moves work, you can see ember and metal claw and stuff.

Anyway, i was wondering if there is/are any other tools that can substitute those I referred? Base Edit was the only one that was working nicely, without glitches or crashing out randomly, but it doesn't work for some reason. I searched this thread and heard about a tool called 'pokemon amplifier', unfortunately the link was dead and I couldn't find anything on google about it, so if that works for what I want, i'd apreciate it if you could upload it!

Also, one final little thing after this huge post, please be aware that I am completely new to this hacking scene - I know the tools from EliteMap and that's it. If what I want can only be done by HEX, could someone link me to a tutorial or something?

Thanks in advance.
It is all done in hex basically, also look around for some tutorials and a tool called Amplifier Ae 2006 might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakystar
What is the offset for the world map in Ruby?
Here is a tutorial on how to change the map: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=95850

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_trainer921
I tried it but it says: "File is not indexed." Now what?
You need to paste the Latios image over the Charizard and then pallete change it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watori
not sure if this question has been asked but how do you delete maps in advance map?
You can't really delete maps, but you can remove them using hex. Also you can just make no links to the certain map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STM
I have a question about changing attack effects, I am not trying to change the effect of an attack, instead I want to change the effect. For example, I want there to be an effect that sharply increases a Pokemon's Speed, Accuracy and Evasion. Would I need to hex edit to create that effect? And if so can you help me with hex editing.
Hex, search around for some base stats of some Pokemon and then change them. Some Ruby/Sapphire tools can edit the stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠εx
I have a simple question.

How would I edit fly position?
Cyclone only edits what the map looks like. I want to have the flight's right.
Well nobody has found the X and Y positions at this moment, I got close you can have a look at my tutorial.

Old October 7th, 2007, 01:06 AM
ldl_lionel_92
Lionel

Hi, does anybody know about level scripts? could someone make a tutorial for it?

I have tried to view the level scripts through elite map. Rubikon ScriptEd Opens up, but nothing is there? Why is this? I've tried Ruby, sapphire, emerald and fire red? Is there something i am doing wrong? Is there something wrong with the program? Is this normal?

Last edited by ldl_lionel_92; October 7th, 2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:43 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldl_lionel_92 View Post
Hi, does anybody know about level scripts? could someone make a tutorial for it?

I have tried to view the level scripts through elite map. Rubikon ScriptEd Opens up, but nothing is there? Why is this? I've tried Ruby, sapphire, emerald and fire red? Is there something i am doing wrong? Is there something wrong with the program? Is this normal?
Are you viewing the level scripts or just people. Level scripts are completely different. To view people scripts in scripted, you need to make sure the name is in the right format. The format is 'Romname.gba:offset in hex'. If the .gba isn't there nothing will appear.
Old October 7th, 2007, 02:23 AM
STM
My DS doesn't read DS games...

I know how to edit base stats, what I want to do is make an attack that doesn't have an effect that any other attack has, ex: I wanna change Psych Up's EFFECT not Psych Up to something COMPLETELY different, I don't want it to copy stat changes, instead I want it to Sharply Increase Speed, Accuracy and Evasion, your prolly wondering why I want Psych Up to have that effect, simply cause I'm turning Psych Up into a completely different attack, I've fixed the battle animation now I need to fix the effect, and where can I get a free hex editor anyway?
Old October 7th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STM
I know how to edit base stats, what I want to do is make an attack that doesn't have an effect that any other attack has, ex: I wanna change Psych Up's EFFECT not Psych Up to something COMPLETELY different, I don't want it to copy stat changes, instead I want it to Sharply Increase Speed, Accuracy and Evasion, your prolly wondering why I want Psych Up to have that effect, simply cause I'm turning Psych Up into a completely different attack, I've fixed the battle animation now I need to fix the effect, and where can I get a free hex editor anyway?
Ok, well in hex just search for the attack number, what effect the attack does, type of attack, how much power the attack does and for the amount of PP, sorry for the misunderstanding back there. Most Hex Editors are free, just have a search on google.

Old October 7th, 2007, 02:37 AM
ldl_lionel_92
Lionel

Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
Are you viewing the level scripts or just people. Level scripts are completely different. To view people scripts in scripted, you need to make sure the name is in the right format. The format is 'Romname.gba:offset in hex'. If the .gba isn't there nothing will appear.
I am trying to view the level scripts. I open Elite Map, and open up Littleroot town, (Bank 0, Map 9) and then click the button up the top for "VIew Level Script" and then, yeah Rubikon comes up with nothing on written?
Old October 7th, 2007, 03:51 AM
jujuca
Beginning Trainer

thanks for the help, I finally found this amplifier tool, and it is very useful.

However, I'm interested in learning some hex. I've seen some tutorials around here but I don't think I've seen any on changing trainers, so if anyone has a link to one, can you please link me?

thanks in advance.
Old October 7th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuca View Post
thanks for the help, I finally found this amplifier tool, and it is very useful.

However, I'm interested in learning some hex. I've seen some tutorials around here but I don't think I've seen any on changing trainers, so if anyone has a link to one, can you please link me?

thanks in advance.
Here is a tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79992

Old October 7th, 2007, 04:38 PM
light_trainer921
Flamethrower Helper

I got two questions:
1. I tried creating one but instead of a new map, the created map replaced one of the old ones. Why?

2. When I open a FR rom at A-Text, some texts are blank, I tried to fill it but it will cause a text glitch. How can I fix it?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here