• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprites they messed up when charging gens.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
Years
u know I prefer charzard in 3rd gen, in 4th gen it looks like a balerina srsly how can u go from this...
emesprani006.gif
to this
dpmfa006.png

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
Years
What?Theres nothing wrong with Charizards sprites but Cradily looks to much of a dragonsnap.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
well..

if i had it my way the charizard sprite would be the same as it was in red and blue.. but more hi res

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
You have to wonder what kind of person would think Charizard looks like a ballerina, too... <.<;

Siliva

Official Fanfic Writer
Years
I guess this isn't much of a screw up, but more of a position error. Look at Vulpix. Now that is akward.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
One thats REALLY bad is Groudon, he looks like hes Pondering, I never thoght of Groudon as a pondering fellow. And whats Heracross shoving out...

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
Groudon looks more like he's trying to focus energy blasts in his palms.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Gengar's sprite in D/P looks a bit... odd. All you need to do is look at its tail and use your imagination a bit. *brick'd*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
At first I wasn't a fan of the new style. It's a lot more cartoony than that of generation 3.

But, I like it now. The colours are nice, as is the style of shading. Everything looks fresh and new, so I don't really hate anything about the (relatively) new sprites.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Gengar's sprite in D/P looks a bit... odd. All you need to do is look at its tail and use your imagination a bit. *brick'd*

LOL, I don't think Charizard looks bad. It sure looks better than the first one. They have to use new poses with every game. Would you rather they used the same sprite than tried something new? I wouldn't.

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
Years
Did you ever realise that Donphans sprite didn't change in D/P?
Gengar's sprite in ruby and saphire looks like its naked and is too fat.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
u know I prefer charzard in 3rd gen, in 4th gen it looks like a balerina srsly how can u go from this...
emesprani006.gif
to this
dpmfa006.png

I prefer the Yellow and Blue version sprites. Since S/G its wings got so small that I'm not sure it can fly.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
u know I prefer charzard in 3rd gen, in 4th gen it looks like a balerina
dpmfa006.png

What kind of ballerinas have you been looking at??? lol

I think Pichu looks ugly from the front in D/P. Its a weird coloured yellow. I'm not sure if its the actual colour, but something about it looks weird
dpmfa172.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
Some red Pokemon look almost violet or pink in DP. Like this one for instance
dpmfa005.png

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
Years
Actually, that's crimson-orange, not violet or pink. But whatever.

...I can't think of anything in particular, but Cloyster's sprite looks very good compared to its mediocre spites in eariler Generations.

Back