Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokémon the Lost World

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 10th, 2007 (01:18 PM).
spoon full o'peanut butter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
I like most of them, but I don't really like the kanto version. Its...i don't know, its like it doesn't fit. But heres another thing to take in.

When you do variations, you don't have to make a pokemon for every region, you could just make one variation, or two, or three, mabey even four. But this lesson is just that, you don't have to have a variation for evy region, or area.

Quote:
Wow, that look's great! Like I said, any in-game screenshots?
Well, all those maps I posted are in game, unless you just want to see the character in the center of the screen, they are basically the same. But yeah, I will get some up.
Old November 10th, 2007 (02:12 PM). Edited November 10th, 2007 by jonsploder.
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Actually, I think that you should worry about spriting later and do the engines like the CBS, leave the sprites to us to post up.

Edit: I included an image, check it and spot the difference.
Edit 2: I screwed the colours, but deleted the little bumps around the head. Again, I screwed it. I'll actually try for the next one.
Attached Images

Old November 10th, 2007 (03:44 PM).
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
The colour is too bright !
Try another edit instead of colour

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 10th, 2007 (03:47 PM).
Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3

These sableyes are FABULOUS! Are you using them? Cap. Arcane?
Old November 10th, 2007 (05:08 PM). Edited November 10th, 2007 by jonsploder.
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
well, this was a complete colour change and removed spikes, its still pretty bad though.

Edit: These are better.
Attached Images

Old November 10th, 2007 (06:24 PM).
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

I dont think you should remove the spikes because this is where a Chikoritta attack enemy. So maybe you can edit the leaves on it head
Just an advice.
Like this:

Tell me what you all think?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 10th, 2007 (06:25 PM).
Pearly White Dream

I like it, I think it would fit as male. I always thought as Chikorita as a feminine Pokémon that doesn't like to get in trouble.
Old November 10th, 2007 (06:33 PM).
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
damn jake, those look awesome
jonsploder, i dont' really like any of the pokemon that you've done. they don't really seem to be variations, just a simple effect done by photoshop. and like when you removed the spikes, that just looked weird. and the quality wasn't that good, and it just looked worse because of that

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

B. READ THE FIRST POST. 95% of the time that will contain your answer

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old November 10th, 2007 (06:49 PM).
Crystal Tier

PERFECT!!! OmegaGroudon, yes!
That is a great variation, and a perfect example of one, thats deffinetly going in. Awesome dude.

Oh, yes, but not the Kanto one.
Old November 10th, 2007 (07:04 PM).
Pearly White Dream

I tried out Corsola.

Johto, Hoenn, Orange Island, Fiore, and Orre are the same.
Old November 10th, 2007 (08:54 PM). Edited November 10th, 2007 by Captain Arcane.
Crystal Tier

Eh, I think the male losing its growths are a bit to much. Looks empty, I'd try just taking away some or all its bubbles on its surface, instead of its growths.

Okay, I have compiled all the new variations that are complete so far. And I edited some of the Sableyes because some of their points where a little sketchy, and I added a new feature to some of the female Sableyes. Enjoy
Old November 10th, 2007 (10:14 PM).
Teh SHPLODAR

NICE! Execpt the onyx are not great. Otherwise its great. I have relised that I am a terrible spriter, lol. Don't expect anything great from me. Otherwise its great, but as I said- I think that you should do the CBS and CMS FIRST, then the pag and PC and the complex things that need doin'.
Old November 10th, 2007 (11:44 PM).
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Ya, I agreed with jonsploder.
You should have a working CBS and CMS at first

Old November 10th, 2007 (11:49 PM). Edited November 11th, 2007 by Captain Arcane.
Crystal Tier

Well, the two Onyx variants are kinda special.

First:
Onyxes that inhabit the mountains of Pallet Town in the anime are said to be huge, and extremely strong, and even Bruno of the Elite Four trains there. So I made the Onyx a little more earthy like, intead of just rock that looks like it was carved out of Fred Flinstones house.

Second:
The Crystal Onyx is from an episode of the 2nd season of the anime in the orange islands. It lives in the crystal caves, and is thought to be a myth to the people of Sunburst Island.

So they both are anime related. But yeah, your opinion is your opinion.

Well, I'm not the best at scripting, but I'm still learning, Legaia hasn't been on in a while, but I'm not dependent on him. But like I said, I'm still learning many things about java script (which is what sphere runs off of). And yes, all those are very important, but so are other things. I"m just taking it one step at a time.
Old November 10th, 2007 (11:55 PM).
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

But you have to make sure you can script the CMS and CBS things.
If not, you will give up the project because of no CMS and CBS.

I can help in those variation.

Old November 11th, 2007 (12:10 AM). Edited November 11th, 2007 by Captain Arcane.
Crystal Tier

Yes, anyone knows that, but there is nothing wrong with getting some things done first, and I'm not even putting all my time into these varients. I'm working my butt off trying to get a demo out for everyone, but when I want a brake from coding maps and triggers, and when I want to just do sprites, I'll do sprites. And of course I have to be able to script thoses things scripting is 50% of the whole game if not 75%.

hugh....
Just to let everybody know, when I started this, I was pretty shure everyone was gonna think that this was just gonna turn into a 1 week idea, and then I would drop it due to lack of knowledge and determination....well, for those of you who did think that, you were wrong. I know the challenges that I have to overcome to make this happen, but that doesn't deter me, it doesn't make me look the other way and pretend its not there. I face those challenges every day I work on this, but yet I keep going. I do as much as I can to work on this, and if the way I choose to do things for my game doesn't make you happy, oh well, bite the bullet.

Phew..... Okay, now that thats all said and done for.

Yes, that would be perfectly fine, I really liked that Chikorita variation. So by all means, please make more, but thats only if you want to.
Old November 11th, 2007 (01:32 AM).
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

I will make you more when I've time.
And do you adding all 4th generation pokemon into it?

Old November 11th, 2007 (01:57 AM).
Crystal Tier

yes every pokemon will be in this, #'s1-493
Old November 11th, 2007 (04:17 AM).
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

I've made a variation for Remoraid:
Before:

After:

Tell me what you all think

Old November 11th, 2007 (05:05 AM).

Quote originally posted by OmegaGroudon:
I've made a variation for Remoraid:
Before:

After:

Tell me what you all think
Sorry, you just added a small part. I think recolor will be better.
Old November 11th, 2007 (05:12 AM).
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Can't recolour!
If recolour, it will looks like shiny pokemon!

Old November 11th, 2007 (05:19 AM). Edited November 11th, 2007 by Captain Arcane.
Crystal Tier

Well, that part you added was a little ocward. You could make its horn bigger, and also that small fin on the bottom, or make its teeth a little bigger.

Here you go, I did a few more variants before I went to bed. Enjoy and goodnight.
Old November 11th, 2007 (06:34 AM).
I'm back~

Wow, those are great. This feature simply amazes me.
Old November 11th, 2007 (07:37 PM). Edited November 11th, 2007 by O.G. Duke.
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

What do you think of these:
I've make some variation of Pokemon. But I havent label the region , if Capt. Arcane want to use them, can directly label the region, I just make them for fun
Here is it:

Old November 11th, 2007 (10:07 PM).
Teh SHPLODAR

FRIGGEN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WHAT THEM!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)