The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old November 20th, 2007, 05:19 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Forgive me to burst your bubble, but so far, according to what I know, all PKMns in this hack are fakemons, and therefore, no Pikachu, Geodude and etc...
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Who wants real Pokemon anyways D:

The entire idea of Pokemon Hacking is to make a game fitting your own ideas. If She doesn't want to include real Pokemon into the game, rather include her awesome Pokemon, that's perfectly fine and welcomed. If you can't handle that idea, get out of the ROM hacking section...
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:15 AM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
nahh Pikachu and geodude or not rlly nice pokemon's if he is planning to add some of the original pokemon, i think he will add something more spectacular hehe :P

I'll make a man out of you!
Old November 21st, 2007, 05:43 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Again, forgive me, but Corcorde is a 'she'.., not a he...

Anyways, I haven't heard much about Concorde these days.

But still, I wish her best of luck.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
- Sigma -
Bam!

Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
Forgive me to burst your bubble, but so far, according to what I know, all PKMns in this hack are fakemons, and therefore, no Pikachu, Geodude and etc...
I think that's fine. I think maybe she's going to have at least a Pikachu in that hack. After all, there are, I think, 386 Pokemon in all, and she made about 150-200. There are still a lot of Pokemon leftover.

| Ranger's Official Website | Ranger Wikipedia Entry |
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::Sparky::. View Post
I like this hack, how is the hack going?
OMG Sparky, you posted in every thread! You really want a high post no, don't ya?
And shehasn't put a download since she posted this great thread. And we're all waiting.

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old November 24th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Concorde
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Sigma - View Post
I think that's fine. I think maybe she's going to have at least a Pikachu in that hack. After all, there are, I think, 386 Pokemon in all, and she made about 150-200. There are still a lot of Pokemon leftover.
I've made exactly 202 ^^

Okay, two informations. No, wait, three.

Firstly, I've finished pokemon movesets <at last ._.>. Still to do <about monsters>: dex entries, cries and a lot of icons ._.

Second thing. You maybe wonder, how do some maps look, eh? So, here I'll show you a little set, containing routes, cities, caves, gyms etc. Some still with old tilesets/colors. Here it goes: http://www.speedyshare.com/916258378.html
Um, on Route E19 is a building - maybe I should remove it and/or put a catchable pokemon there... I don't like it anymore :/

And last information. Before asking for any beta, ALWAYS check the first post and you will get the answer. (NO, there is no beta yet)

That's all folks, gotta back to work.
Old November 24th, 2007, 03:11 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

I love to hear new news from you, Concorde, and hopefully, that would clear some things around here about your hack.

As always, I wish you for the best and always keep up the amazing work!

...... As always, DJG...

- edited -

btw, I can't open 'em... Oh well... As long as I know you did a great job, that's enough for me to know it's getting greater and greater. Keep it up!
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:08 AM
metalancer
Beginning Trainer

This hack is coming along nicely! The maps are stunning :D! The Jungle is especially nice! Keep up the good work!
Old November 25th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Renyui!
mesc

Nature: Hasty
WOOT! GO BATTLE FIRE!!
YOUR HACK IS DA BEST, DA BOMB, AND....(you get the point)
I CANT WAIT TILL YOU RELEASE THE BETA!
I WOULD BE TOO HONOURED TO EVEN LOOK AT THE TITLE SCREEN!
IN MY CURRENT HACK I AM MAKING, I WILL BE FEATURING A LOT OF YOU!

Last edited by Christos; November 25th, 2007 at 01:30 AM.
Old November 25th, 2007, 01:45 AM
.hack

Nature: Naughty
this is quite alot coming from me because i hate fake pokemon like in quartz or marble but it looks like u took ur time on theese fake pokemon and now they look awesome but i just cant wait to play this hack it looks brillant

on ur maximum record lvls im very impressed but how comes you dont have a harparlii at lvl 100

Gpx:

Last edited by .hack; November 25th, 2007 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 25th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Momoko
OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!

Wow,I think this hack can really come through..ive never once been attracted to fakemon hacks,alhtough this one seems to have lots of potenshol! I really like the screenies too,did u make that tileset yourself?

My wonderful sissy-Soari
Old November 25th, 2007, 04:57 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Well, so, finally all the new Pokes have their attacks, let's hope everything is balanced.

But, I guess the hardest part will be the icons part, as it'll take a while to sprite everything (and be satisfied with it)

About those maps you posted, I've been taking a look, and even though first thing I say is "well, it seems you have a lot of maps done", there are a few maps that still show the fact that they are edits of original RS maps (Route4's lower part, Edgeny Town is the town with the Fight Gym, Ethrea Town is the second town in RS, Volcandia is the town with the Water Gym, though this one is still a good edit), it'd be better if you make your maps from scratch by first erasing the map completely and then let your imagination take care of the rest (better if you plan stuff first)
Take a look at the Map Rating thread, it'll help you with ideas for mapping.

By the way, that Underwater Tunnel looks odd, mixing the underwater tiles with the normal tiles gives me a bad impression (like, you shouldn't be mixing tiles so drastically), it may also be that I didn't caught the idea of what you were planning there...

Well, keep up with the work on the Pokes, that's the main point of the hack, as of now

Old November 25th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Concorde
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
- edited -

btw, I can't open 'em...
Not? Weird, others could do it O_o
Quote:
I really like the screenies too,did u make that tileset yourself?
Almost. Some are from FR/LG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
By the way, that Underwater Tunnel looks odd, mixing the underwater tiles with the normal tiles gives me a bad impression (like, you shouldn't be mixing tiles so drastically), it may also be that I didn't caught the idea of what you were planning there...
Everyone have problems with it xD That may be the worst of all maps, but... The idea was really simple.
Few years ago people built the tunnel going through the seafloor. Thanks to that, they could get to the other side of the land, and the same time, watch the underwater wildlife through the glass walls*. Now this tunnel became a natural habitat for pokemon.
* We can't see them, but they are there xD
Blah ;d
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:33 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

It is always nice to hear from you. Also, I will try and open them with my father's other computer.

*downloaded at last and view them*...

Forgive me, but I kinda saw some tile errors there. Well, no matter.
Btw, are you planning to change the tiles..? If you will, then it would be more cooler (but save back-ups, just in case the tiles hates to be inserted... :D)

Okay, always keep it up and happy hacking!
Old November 27th, 2007, 09:15 AM
SilentWing
クロバット

Nature: Quiet
The Underwater Tunnel, Desert Cave, and some routes (like E01new and the E04 river) really catch my eye. A novel blend of terrains and landmark features is quite refreshing, to say the least. They're certainly very creative and get me excited about playing through them.

But like zel suggested, some of the maps (like for Greenittle and Edgeny) look very similar to towns already existent in the games. With completely redone Pokemon and routes, and what seems like a completely new epic adventure, it would feel a bit awkward to suddenly encounter a town you've seen countless times in Ruby, for instance.

But the quality overall looks amazing, your Pokemon representing a very attractive fusion between the older sprites and your imagination. I love 018, 186, 123, and the Eveelutions, to name a few. 082 and 086 seem to be the only ones that clearly look similar to their older counterparts--barring V-Lugia, of course, but that's clearly intentional and looks wickedly cool regardless.

All in all, this has taken its place as one of my favorite emerging advance hacks, and with a little re-mapping out of the way, I can foresee great things for it.

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:17 PM
metalancer
Beginning Trainer

I was taking a closer look at the maps and came up with a few things that may better your map. First, CenteLake City would be a little more dazzling if gym was on the island in the middle of the lake. There could be wooden paths to the mini-island and would give the player more of a exciting entrance. Second, Horkanne city doesn't give the feel of a city. Ways to fix this could be to make a brick path going through the city and make it just fade into the sand on the right side. Lastly, Edgeny Town does not give much playable area considering that there will be npc in the city. All of these thoughts are to help. I could never match to what you are trying to achieve! All of my tips could become totally irrelevant based on events that take place in the selected areas. Keep up the GREAT WORK Concorde!
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:04 AM
Sky

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 12345
link download pokemon battle fire???
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:15 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

You may need to read the previous or the first post before deciding to post, 12345...

there's no link as of now to download Battle Fire. Your post may be considered as a spam.., therefore, the mods may need to delete your (and my) post.

Good day.
Old December 1st, 2007, 03:58 AM
angelo0224
Beginning Trainer

ah..
ok tnx for the info cant wait.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:19 AM
PlatinumDawnFtw
Vocaloid fan~

Wow...... The fakemon look so real! I can't wait to play!
Old December 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
Pamizard
Charizard Girl

Wow your Pokemon are really cool. I can't wait to play this

Supporting these two games
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Lyra.
Usagi Small Lady Serenity

Nature: Serious
Send a message via AIM to Lyra.
me too. i saw the beginning on YouTube. it rox!!!!

Old December 5th, 2007, 06:42 AM
SytheXP
Net Labs/UG Founder

Nature: Calm
Looks nice exspecially seeing as you have added lots of sprites and backsprites can be a pain to draw trust me I know i do all my spriting. Ill keep an eye on this one like the plot of a cyber lugia too sounds fun.

My Sprite Thread:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179083

Phantom Dusk is back in production with loads of modifications. Will be updating soon! -2012

I Support:
Old December 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM
keontre
Jirachi Lover

This is as good as it gets. Can't wait

Twizm the level 91 Jirachi!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here