The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2008, 11:19 PM
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
gggggggggggggggggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin View Post
I have the GS Ball but Kurt won't take it. Do I have to do something?
Quote:
Just keep walking for a while outside of his house and dont talk with any berry tree, after a while go back and he'll be there so you can do the rest of the event.
Zel said that to me about one page ago.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
LastHand
Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeye0215 View Post
hey..,may i ask you what im going to do to go to cianwood city?there are rocks that surrounds olivine city so i cant go further...i cant also enter olivine lighthouse
You my friend are running an old beta download the most recent one.

EDIT: This says it better. READ THE FAQ!!!

Quote:
Q: Why can't I go into the Lighthouse? (C)
A: Because you are playing a really old Beta. Probably, if you are playing a bought version, that means you got the "pirate" version, and so, I cannot be responsible for that (if you can, get a refund). The latest releases are meant only to work on PCs, without spending money on them (and they reach further than the pirate versions). Get the rom and my patch in order to play.

click here

If any one wants a staff area for their hack at my forums. I will host you. I have 1 slot open. I will soon be opening more hack areas. I am willing to customize it for you. Just PM me for details.
Other hacks hosted
Pokemon Top Secret
Old January 2nd, 2008, 11:22 PM
mach8822
:O :O :O :O :O

HUZZAH! The thread is re-opened and the new Beta is out :D FINNALY!
Old January 2nd, 2008, 11:38 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Forgive me if it has been asked, but I just reset-ed my game and started a new game. The hack's amazing, don't get me wrong there! :D

Anyways, here are my questions/list of bugs...
1. There were two trainers battling in in the route above Cherrygrove, and the trainer saids "Go, SPEAROW!"... Later, after giving back the EGG, I challenged him and wow, a RATTATA.., so what happened to his SPEAROW..?
2. While reading PROF. ELM's message after beating the Flying GYM, some of his lines were cut... "...discover..."then next line. But nah~ Small error, easy to fix and ignore. :D
3. Why can't I run around the outside areas of Ruins of Alph? :\
4. An Igglibuff in the ruins? :\

Enjoying the game~
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:04 AM
Dio
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
There is a BIG bug :(

I am on the road to go to E4,when you surf east from New Bark Town,pass the waterfall cave,battle 2-3 trainers (after the trainer that has 2 starmies lvl 31 and a Nidoking/nidoqueen i dont remember well) and in the road there is a spot that when you step or surf on it the game RESETS itself.I can't continue because wherever i step, the game resets.Does it happen to someone else?Can it be fixed somehow?

Btw the game rocks.It is awesome keep up the good work.Too bad i can't continue :(

Last edited by Dio; January 3rd, 2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:14 AM
foullump
Rom Hacking Guru

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnmaster69 View Post
Im sorry if im not suspose to post this bug here though but when i lost to carlos after beating the eructuk city gym leader all the trainer battle music is the carlos one can anyone help me out how to get rid of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsMaS View Post
That's incredibly weird! This post would probably have blended in with all the other posts, but I gotta say that this is very unusual.
Actually, it's extremely common. This will happen every time you lose to carlos. This is because the setvar 0x7030/7033 command changes all the common music to the carlos/elitefour/champion/anything music. Therefore, this is a glitch that can be fixed by a change in scripting, and it will happen every time you lose to carlos.

Sorry if this has already been resolved; I haven't been on in a while.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Night_Blue
STFU

Spoiler:
the tile sends me down and freezes the sprite(it doesnt freeze the game)

nice hack
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon - Fire Red_01.png‎ (2.0 KB, 76 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:50 AM
Nicolas
O c t o j a R e j s t r o m

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
Forgive me if it has been asked, but I just reset-ed my game and started a new game. The hack's amazing, don't get me wrong there! :D

1. There were two trainers battling in in the route above Cherrygrove, and the trainer saids "Go, SPEAROW!"... Later, after giving back the EGG, I challenged him and wow, a RATTATA.., so what happened to his SPEAROW..?
Well my friend, the Igglybuff is pretty common around here to question.... pls. read the 1st post...
But it seemes that the Spearow thing is true, when the youngster is battling, the "Go Spearow" line comes in..... like the youngster was using a Spearow but when you battled him his Spearow disappears.....
Must be a common mistake on Zel or in "PKMN GOld" so neh......

I must say the game really rock w/ the phone booths and some other thingees, the game rock keep up the good work there zel!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 03:18 AM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Uhm, I know this isn't really the place to ask, but eh..
Spoiler:
In the trickhouse, after finishing the gymmatch with Pryce in Mahoganytown, I can't find the scroll! haven't you finished it yet, cause I've tried every tile, and I haven't found it. Please tell me: Is this one finished, or not?

Thanks..
Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
D_Force
Beginning Trainer

can someone PM me with the solution to the whirlpool level of the trickhouse? thanks!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:48 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Why doesn't Zel just use any pokemon center script for the nurse like the cerulean nurse.
It would fix the "Killing Pokemon Center"!

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:02 AM
bomeister
Beginning Trainer

Zel, I like your hack, but can someone PM me the solution for the trickhouse maze after beating Pryce
Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
People, stop asking about the solution of that trick house puzzle. It's not hard. You just need to search carefully. And, in the end, remember where you are "the trick house" so the puzzle is supposed to be... tricky XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kys27 View Post
Sometimes trainers just don't battle me.. as if I battled them earlier.
Is an old save ( from b4) could cause it? ( I naturally patched on clean fr rom )
Yes, there was a lot of trainers repointings so if you are using an old beta save then you'll be having a lot of non-battles (because you've already battle them before, even if they were other people)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
Is the event with getting tyrouge still in the game?
I usually do that, to geet either hitmontop or hitmonlee.
Yes, it's still there. I'm not gonna remove anything if it was working fine and it was in the original Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbplayer1P View Post
The same thing happened to me just I lost in the extra battle in the Azalia Gym, and another musical glich sertan team rocket member cause there special music to play on other traners. And another one, is that on sertan routes the pokemon battle music is wrong meaning it's legandary pkm music.

lastly zel I couden't help myself and opened SG in advanced map and saw a bunch a other maps that I can't seem to find my way too. Like Mt. Steel, and Pureity Forest where are these?
OK, I got it. There's some problems with losing certain battles. We'll have to test things more throughly next time.

Ehhhmmm... Sorry, cannot really tell you here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahn r Meh View Post
Great and amazing hack dude, I'll try to make a little banner or sig for you, ok?
Just take a look at the ones posted at the first post if you want a guide or to know which kind of stuff I like (but remember that I still need to update that first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgen001 View Post
i've heard that the flyposts are messed up for blackthorn and mahogany. how bad is it? is it just that you dont warp to pokecenter or do you get stuck in a wall?
No, they actually work (they'll send you to the proper city... just not in front of the PokeCenter, but they do work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

2. While reading PROF. ELM's message after beating the Flying GYM, some of his lines were cut... "...discover..."then next line. But nah~ Small error, easy to fix and ignore. :D
3. Why can't I run around the outside areas of Ruins of Alph? :\

Enjoying the game~
1.You can guess that there's no Rattata overworld in FR, and since I didnt want to touch overworlds when I started SG, then I just decided to transform it into a Spearow. What could have happened to his Spearow, well, who knows... Maybe he stored it into his PC or traded it with someone for that Rattata (be creative )
2.OK, haven't noticed that.
3.You can't run around a few other areas other than R.Alph, in fact. More stuff needed to be checked.
4.Yes, we've discussed about it. I wanted to give a baby Pokemon early. And it was because I couldn't fill the place with just Unowns (it was freezing my game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown user111 View Post
Spoiler:
the tile sends me down and freezes the sprite(it doesnt freeze the game)

nice hack
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thungyx View Post
hey can anyone gimme the order of the undergroud shulttles pls
Simple: Just read the walkthroughs whenever you first have a gameplay question (this goes for everyone else)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
Why doesn't Zel just use any pokemon center script for the nurse like the cerulean nurse.
It would fix the "Killing Pokemon Center"!
Because I have used it, in fact. And that's the thing that's causing the mess, because there must be an incompatibility between an original script and the fact that the PokeCenter has been made from scratch.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
martauros
Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever

Nature: Quiet
Zel, I found a bug Mahogany in TeamR base: When are you going through the pannels with wild pkmns in gold you can't escape frrom it, here you can

Niech KAŻDY kto zna polski wyśle mi prywatną wiadomość, PROSZĘ
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
jon1992
Beginning Trainer

hey for me this is a big tile error i dont know if its a bug or its just a bad rom but if anybody else gets this tell me or anybodyelse.!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png 1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version.png‎ (7.0 KB, 139 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Wow, that's actually a pretty big tile error. But it's a connection problem, so maybe Zel can set it right. Or maybe the Patch you downloaded is messed up.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Went
Marshtomp

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
It's easier to make that little path unwalkable
Actually it's a problem of the map itself, which causes the weird border, since in Ad. Map everything looks alright, but later in the game...
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
Elekible
Beginning Trainer

I just noticed a little glitch (not sure if it has been noted before, but meh), whenver you pick a berry you can't pick another berry from any other tree until you enter then exit a building, is this meant to be like that or...
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elekible View Post
I just noticed a little glitch (not sure if it has been noted before, but meh), whenver you pick a berry you can't pick another berry from any other tree until you enter then exit a building, is this meant to be like that or...
That's weird too... I'm not sure about this, Zel, there are a lot of glitches that I have no idea how to fix.

Hope YOU know how, 'cause I don't.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
bobmarleypeople
Beginning Trainer

Location: England, UK, Europe, World, Universe, Glass Marble 4
Send a message via AIM to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Yahoo to bobmarleypeople
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elekible View Post
in order to get all these events working, you have to wait a couple of minutes before the event resets. Example: wait a few minutes between picking berries, between giving kurt an apricorn and picking up a ball, various events like that and they're all interchangeable so you'd have to wait a few minutes between giving kurt an apricorn and being able to pick a berry. stuff like that.

Last edited by bobmarleypeople; January 3rd, 2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: quoted wrong message
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Alitus
Rouge Ninja

I found a small map error in the Team Rocket hideout at Mahogany Town. The OW sprite overlaps the tile. It doesn't really matter, but I thought you would like to know Zel.

Anyways, great work on Shiny Gold. Can't wait to see what other new things you create and put in.
Attached Images
File Type: png map error.png‎ (80.4 KB, 117 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
Zowayix
hi

I don't think Elekible meant that.
I'm pretty sure that the berry events, etc. are set by # of steps.
For example, suppose that you need to take 700 steps to be able to pick another berry.
I think that Elekible means that if you take, say, 800 steps, it STILL won't respawn until you enter or exit a building.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Tuskin
Beginning Trainer

I'm lost, I got the Ghostbuster, but I can seem to use it against the ghost.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin View Post
I'm lost, I got the Ghostbuster, but I can seem to use it against the ghost.
Spoiler:
Gp tp ecruteak city and go into the burned tower and go to where the dogs were and talk to Morty, he will battle you and fix your Ghostbuster

Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Tuskin
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldlover94 View Post
Spoiler:
Gp tp ecruteak city and go into the burned tower and go to where the dogs were and talk to Morty, he will battle you and fix your Ghostbuster

Thank you. I found a big tile error at the bottom of Fuchsia City, anyone else seen it?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links