• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
So The rival sprite is moved to Blue's slot and Blue's OW(It should be revamped)
is where the Silver OW originally was.

I guess if I do that, in the rival naming screen, you'd get Gary's OW being displayed there. So, I guess the way it is now is the way it should stay.

aha, i see, but cant you choose one of those sprites from serebiis fanart sprites section?

Well, thing is I already have the help from a good spriter, so he should be the one having the priority in the sprites' topic.

just reached the misty part, thats the end of beta5 isnt it? and when i use the walk through walls code everything after celurean city turns odd.. i also arrived at "Pallet Town" and found myself at NewBark town lol

The end of the Beta5 is not that clear this time, mainly because you can play Kanto more freely and less linearly than Johto. You could say it's over once you've done all the events at all the cities except Pewter, Viridian, Pallet and Cinnabar (as those places are out of reach)

EDIT: I somehow tried to patch again the beta 5 on another fire red ROM and it worked because the character moved normally on the spot that was resetting the game,without resetting it.But the next trainer has a level 65 Feebas (!!) and the trainer after him has 3 pokemons and the first one has a level 51 Whiscash (and of course i cant win him).All my pokemon are from lvl 35-45.Is it supposed to be so hard or is a problem that I only have, again? What's happening?? :S

So, I guess it must be a patching problem, then? By the way, are you patching over already patched versions? Because that'll just give a hell lot of problems (Shuri-x demonstrated it on the older thread). Remember to always patch over a CLEAN FR(U) rom.

A Feebas? He's supposed to have a Milotic on both versions...

But, yeah. The X version is only for the people who wants a challenge, the levels are pretty high and the special trainers use better battling techniques, that's the only difference, actually. If you were playing the normal version and then you patched the X version over it, well, you'll be in big troubles XD

Finally, Beta5 is released. I hope that it has some good music there. I also hope that the looping thingy will be at the next releases.

I feel sad about being Shiny Gold is only second place, but at least it reached the Top 3, not bad at all.

The loop has been added for the tracks I inserted. The only problem currently is the volume, too high and it makes some static noises. We have to keep working on that, clonex ;)

carter756978

Bass Player
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
Im sorry if you dont want me to post this but i noticed that if you lose against silver the first time you battle him then youll rush home to your mum but come out of the pokemon centre. Just pointing out something that i noticed, im not trying to say your rubbish

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Zel, there are 2 bugs that I found in the game. They both involve the trick house.

When you get up to the spinning arrows map, if you go to the tile that points you down near the entrance, the game doesn't allow you to move. I saw that posted here before too, but you didn't answer him/her.

And when you have 7 maps left in the Trick House, even after beating the game, he doesn't let you go into the room anymore, but he still says there are 7 more you need to do. Did you stop it there on purpose or is it a bug?

And there's another thing that doesn't have to do with the game but with the front post. Just saying, when you're editing it, you put the Missingno. in Mt. Mortar Glitch twice, and I think the bike stuff twice too.

@mach8822: He said after the Shiny Gold X Version is released you can, and it has been. So I think you can.

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I have a bug where icant look at my tm bag it looke all glitch then in my normal bag it has ?????? and?43n master balls when i go out it transports me int a glitchy place a all water and slightly dark place or my screen goes black....

wizzard

im like glitches and hacks :D
Years
i found too a bug with a screenshot(i cant show it now i need more then 15 posts >_< i give you a pm with screenshot zel.)

if you will show the mystery egg prof. elm go back of him and when he go back he stand on you!

EDIT:sry for my english ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
Btw zel, you probably know this but it is possible to remain completely trapped in one of the trick house levels (that has boulders, rock smash rocks and cut trees). So you may need to edit that level to stop that happening

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
Hi, where can i find stones (fire/water/etc) in the Shiny Gold (first continent) to evolve pokemon (ex:Staryu to Starmie and Growlithe to Arcanine)

Thanks

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Hi, where can i find stones (fire/water/etc) in the Shiny Gold (first continent) to evolve pokemon (ex:Staryu to Starmie and Growlithe to Arcanine)

Thanks

You can only get 2 Evolution Stones in Johto:
- Sun Stone (by winning the Bug Catching Contest)
- 1 of 4 elemental stones (fire/grass/thunder/water) in the Dragon's Den at Blackthorn City (Which elemental stone you get depends in which order you defeat the 3 or 4 trainers).

All the other elemental evolution stones are in Kanto, gotten from Bill's Grampa by showing certain pokemon to him.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2008
Is Mudkip supposed to be that rare?
I am in the Union Cave and I battled around 60 pokemon and still no Mudkip.
In the last beta I found Mudkip as the first pokemon in the Union Cave.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
if you will show the mystery egg prof. elm go back of him and when he go back he stand on you!

Known.

I have a bug where icant look at my tm bag it looke all glitch then in my normal bag it has ?????? and?43n master balls when i go out it transports me int a glitchy place a all water and slightly dark place or my screen goes black....

So you had the "Name change" glitch and problems with the bag... Try another rom, I think that's the main cause.

Is Mudkip supposed to be that rare?
I am in the Union Cave and I battled around 60 pokemon and still no Mudkip.
In the last beta I found Mudkip as the first pokemon in the Union Cave.

Yes, it's supposed to be that rare, don't worry. It's just that you were luckier last time.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
just reached the misty part, thats the end of beta5 isnt it? and when i use the walk through walls code everything after celurean city turns odd.. i also arrived at "Pallet Town" and found myself at NewBark town lol

if you look at the maps with advanced map you will see that their are 2 diffrent new bark town maps. One finished and one uncompleted which the uncompleted one if most likely the pallet town map (I also know this because i can see parts of the pallet town map that connect it to cansasbar island.)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
I finally got round to playing some of beta 5. Very good job, the graphics are a great improvement. The Phone System works really well and your scripting is, as usual, impeccable. There's a couple of maps that could be improved a bit, such as the New Bark one. But what can I say, sheer awesomeness! xD

Anyway, I was thinking, it'd be cool to see a new house and lab tiles in New Bark as it gets visited that often. VERY nice work zel, I look forward to seeing more. And seriously, well done!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
ja i've noticed a few things about the phone system that is kinda... odd.

First... when you add someone new besides mom, and elm) it still says memsomething. Well it remain this way or do you plan to change it?

Also in the caladon game center the pokesticker machine is using the list for the phone thing. will the machine be removed or will it's script be changed?

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I got one question are you keeping the gym and leader's music the same for an example or are you doing over all the music. Plus a few side comments. One why are the rocket admin and grunt musics the same? Just kinda curious as to whether you'll make seprate musics or keep it the same and secondly great job on the hack so far and the new added touches are awesome.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm having audio issues with the latest copy. I've not had these problems in the past; it's hard to expalin what the problem is. It's kind of like it's playing multiple audio parts at once... there's like this looping cymbal sound in the background in the second city, for example.

If your ROM is working, would someone please check the md5 value of it and post it so I can see if I've done something wrong?

Patched US release with Lunar IPS.

Here's a tool you can use to find the md5 sum:

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/NeroMD5Verifier.zip

Just run the executable and open the ROM. It gives you a checksum, which is a value specific to that file.

Meh zel added new music (d/p music) The music won't play too very well right now so thats why the sound sounds like crud.

Years
Oh, I see. I'm sure he'll get it working great in no time. I wonder if maybe the later parts of the game have better sound than the earlier parts?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
This playthrough I'm writing down every trainer name + pokemon used while going through the Shiny Gold X version. Now I understand all the "#TRAINER/1" are the phone booth people.

I did notice two Sage Pings in the Ecruteak Gym, though (one named PING!, the other named PING).

Also, fighting the rival for the first time with Totodile as your starter is hard as hell, since the rival's Chikorita knows Razor Leaf. As if the first battle with Carlos' Slowpoke wasn't luck-based enough...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Im sorry if you dont want me to post this but i noticed that if you lose against silver the first time you battle him then youll rush home to your mum but come out of the pokemon centre. Just pointing out something that i noticed, im not trying to say your rubbish

It was like that in the original (well, not like I remember it too clearly right now), so when you lose while coming back from Mr.Pokemon's house (or at Silver's battle) you were sent to Cherrygrove's Pokemon Center by default (even if you didn't go there previously), instead of your house (if I sent you to your house, then you could avoid Silver's battle if you lose before reaching Cherrygrove), so that thing you noticed was something intentional to avoid a bug, and not a bug itself (I cant avoid the 1sec where you are at mom's house... :()

Zel, there are 2 bugs that I found in the game. They both involve the trick house.

When you get up to the spinning arrows map, if you go to the tile that points you down near the entrance, the game doesn't allow you to move. I saw that posted here before too, but you didn't answer him/her.

And when you have 7 maps left in the Trick House, even after beating the game, he doesn't let you go into the room anymore, but he still says there are 7 more you need to do. Did you stop it there on purpose or is it a bug?

And there's another thing that doesn't have to do with the game but with the front post. Just saying, when you're editing it, you put the Missingno. in Mt. Mortar Glitch twice, and I think the bike stuff twice too.

@mach8822: He said after the Shiny Gold X Version is released you can, and it has been. So I think you can.

The arrows thing was posted before, so I am aware of that. I dont really have to reply to all the bugs posts, because I know it'd make me crazy as before.

If he says there's 7 more tricks, then it must be that there are 7 more tricks. Problem is, you still haven't progressed more in the adventure (because the Beta doesn't let you to progress more)

Whatever, as you know, that list of bugs will be taken care of soon.

Btw zel, you probably know this but it is possible to remain completely trapped in one of the trick house levels (that has boulders, rock smash rocks and cut trees). So you may need to edit that level to stop that happening

I think I spotted it when I was editting the trainers in the X version. Additionaly, I think if you are around the V.Road without Strength, you could get stuck in the "hot room" if you jump down the ledge.
Well, it's really hard thinking the puzzles... Improvments coming!

I finally got round to playing some of beta 5. Very good job, the graphics are a great improvement. The Phone System works really well and your scripting is, as usual, impeccable. There's a couple of maps that could be improved a bit, such as the New Bark one. But what can I say, sheer awesomeness! xD

Anyway, I was thinking, it'd be cool to see a new house and lab tiles in New Bark as it gets visited that often. VERY nice work zel, I look forward to seeing more. And seriously, well done!

New Bark is pretty small, so I wouldn't know what to add there. But, well, you know me. I prefer that the game is actually entertaining rather than being graphically astounding (that's why my fascination with scripting)

Sure thing, but I'm not a tiler, that's a problem (and I dont think I know of a good game to rip tiles from...)

ja i've noticed a few things about the phone system that is kinda... odd.

First... when you add someone new besides mom, and elm) it still says memsomething. Well it remain this way or do you plan to change it?

Also in the caladon game center the pokesticker machine is using the list for the phone thing. will the machine be removed or will it's script be changed?

Remember that I cannot change the stuff said in the multi boxes of the Phone Booth. Do not insist with that, 'cause it's gonna stay like that (paper and pen will be your friends there)

Ah, so I guess that's where the multi box I used came from... That sucks... Guess the machine will be out, then ('cause we need to replace something for adding something, as we cannot create multiboxes out of nothing)

I got one question are you keeping the gym and leader's music the same for an example or are you doing over all the music. Plus a few side comments. One why are the rocket admin and grunt musics the same? Just kinda curious as to whether you'll make seprate musics or keep it the same and secondly great job on the hack so far and the new added touches are awesome.

Musical changes are to be expected in the future Betas. For now I'm just leaving everything ready for when I have their corresponding GSC remixes.

The rockets and admins had the same music in the original, didn't they? (I just gave them the Magma theme, since I dont have that GSC music currently)

I did notice two Sage Pings in the Ecruteak Gym, though (one named PING!, the other named PING).

Two PINGs? (Imagine all the bad jokes I could be thinking right now XD), hmmm... weird, that must mean one is the real and the other is the fake, and the one that should be changed (or maybe I just did a mistake on the ID of the battler)

Back