The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Dio
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Range View Post
@ Dio
You have to change the save type on the emulator to 128 Flash. Atleast I think you do. =P
I did.And nothing works.I checked all the save types.It is always saying the same thing. "Please axchange the backup memory".PLS someone help me to fix it.I would never be able to finish shiny gold if it doesnt save.Pls help :(
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
thungyx
Beginning Trainer

how to get the pkmn back stole from jess and jamie
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Twinx
s o m e t h i n g M O R E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
I did.And nothing works.I checked all the save types.It is always saying the same thing. "Please axchange the backup memory".PLS someone help me to fix it.I would never be able to finish shiny gold if it doesnt save.Pls help

You have to restart your game to be able to save, as hard as that may seem.

:: my deviantArt ::
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Dio
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkkChildd View Post

You have to restart your game to be able to save, as hard as that may seem.
The prob was from the beginning.It never actually saved.I check the saving always before i play the game but this prob was from always so i was saving the game from the emulator and load it as .sgm .Isn't there a solution for this?? :(
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Twinx
s o m e t h i n g M O R E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
The prob was from the beginning.It never actually saved.I check the saving always before i play the game but this prob was from always so i was saving the game from the emulator and load it as .sgm .Isn't there a solution for this??
delete the existing savefile and start from zero, that fixes everything!
This isn't really the place to be complaining about your problem though.
If it still doesn't work, drop me a PM.

:: my deviantArt ::
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
demonmike
Missing-Nin

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
Every town, some routes, alot in goldenrod.
They aren't too hard to find lol
Okay, this is really confusing me, I've patched my rom with the 5th beta of Shiny Gold X, I presumed it patched okay because the logo at the beggining has 2008 written instead of 2007, but im seeing no phone boxes..

Also could some one help with the world map? I cant seem to fly properly..

edit: after repatching, all the problems have been resolved, thanks for the info peeps =)

Last edited by demonmike; January 9th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonmike View Post
Okay, this is really confusing me, I've patched my rom with the 5th beta of Shiny Gold X, I presumed it patched okay because the logo at the beggining has 2008 written instead of 2007, but im seeing no phone boxes..

Also could some one help with the world map? I cant seem to fly properly..
????
Are you sure you downloaded the correct Beta?
I think you downloaded beta 4.
Try the normal Shiny gold version, i odn't think he's done with the X yet.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
same as me. i first spotted them in the computer of cherrygrove when i was jumping boxes. i released them and now every time i use the computer i check box 6 i now have 4 more then before. im still at cherrygrove about to head to violet city btw

p.s: i dont use gameshark at all
Really? I wonder, is it Beta 5 or 4? Oh well, to me Box 6 is the hacking utensil. Still, zel - hope you noticed that in your boxes. If it's beta 4, sorry to trouble you people.
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Vuallum
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vuallum
Quote:
Originally Posted by thungyx View Post
how to get the pkmn back stole from jess and jamie
Spoiler:
I believe you have to talk to a tree to get your pokemon back, I haven't got to that stage so I don't know which tree.

Edit: I see alot of "how to" questions... When "how to" without a question mark looks like an explanation. Drop me a PM if you notice that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8hammers1 View Post
hey where can you catch a trapinch, aron, corphish, or a swablu?
someone help me
Just try searching for them, it's not as fun getting told how to get everything.
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
I have taken some screenshots. Here they are:

Old January 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Hey Zel i found a glitch
when you are in lavender town i accitentily went to the house next to the place where people "pray"
i went in a old man said,"what do you want with me?
i battled him he was way hard i bet him he wanted to show me his special place or something then the game froze
there the glitch
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old January 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
warxend_1989
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
Really? I wonder, is it Beta 5 or 4? Oh well, to me Box 6 is the hacking utensil. Still, zel - hope you noticed that in your boxes. If it's beta 4, sorry to trouble you people.
its beta 5 and i realised the reason i had so many. it was cause i was moving them to box 14. box 6 just kept puting new ones into box 6 one at a time. so i deleted the ones in box 14 and now i just have the two in box 6 and no more have been added.

P.S: sorry bout this zel
Old January 9th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
Hey Zel i found a glitch
when you are in lavender town i accitentily went to the house next to the place where people "pray"
i battled him he was way hard i bet him he wanted to show me his special place or something then the game froze
there the glitch
O.o, that's weird, I'll check it out.

P.S. Your signature is really long... you might wanna think of putting your trainer cards in spoiler tags.

-Krobe

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old January 10th, 2008, 05:20 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe17 View Post
You think you might be able to say some other names? It coult be like you woult be giving a name out evey update? Nahh, Then you coult only make 3 updates more But then coult you not just tell about the coolest legend?
Nope, the only thing I'll say is that not necessarily it means you'll be able to get all 4 of them... And that's as far as I'll go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning View Post
And one of the things I most liked was the tilesets, were did you get them? Thanks in advance
By ripping them off from another game (I dont really want to say which) and some from DP, and some others with the help from Green Charizard, and then inserting all of them into the game, under SG's palettes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqattacks View Post
I've just beat the elite 4 and it was awesome. This game is amazing Zel but i have two quick questions: 1 Where did the music when you battle Carlos come from and 2 is their anyway to download the music from beta 5?
If you've managed to reach the E4, then you should know Carlos has two different battle musics (yeah, I so love myself XD), the "common" one is, as it was said, the Cyrus battle from DP. And then, the "special" one is from... If there are Final Fantasy fans, then... where does it come from, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
same as me. i first spotted them in the computer of cherrygrove when i was jumping boxes. i released them and now every time i use the computer i check box 6 i now have 4 more then before. im still at cherrygrove about to head to violet city btw

p.s: i dont use gameshark at all
Quote:
Hey Zel i found a glitch
there the glitch
I'll be checking both things. Unfortunately, if the box thing is true, I wont be able to do anything there... Because I never did anything related to the box, and doesn't sound as something that someone could fix.
About the old man on Lavender, that sounds really weird... Not that much, because I once thought about making a hidden dungeon on Lavender's Cemetary with ghosts and all that, but then I rejected that idea, I doubt I could have implemented something related that, though.

I'm gonna check and see what happens.

[EDIT1]: Seems the thing about Box6 is true... There's something there which turns out into a bad egg once you put it into your party... But I just wonder where does the problem was originated to begin with. However, it wasn't a bad egg directly in my case, it was just some spriteless thing (named bad egg once put in the party). But, anyway, I guess problems will occur differently for different people. I released this bad thing and box 6 is clear now. I don't know...

[EDIT2]: About the Lavender thing, that's fake. Because there's nothing like an old man who wants to battle and show you a special place. Unless you try to provide a screenshot as proof.

Quote:
edit: after repatching, all the problems have been resolved, thanks for the info peeps =)
I just wanted to quote that, whenever there's something not working properly, don't panic and post at the thread. Just try to patch again on a clean FR rom (and you could also get a backup rom from another site just in case), and maybe it'll work.

Last edited by zel 2.0; January 10th, 2008 at 05:33 AM. Reason: edit1
Old January 10th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
I can confirm one thing about the bad egg thingie: it's contagious.

I checked box 6 in a new file and I found that shapeless thing. But, in my advanced file, I found another one in Box 7, plus two in box 6. I rechecked the old file and I had none in box 7.

Edit: ZOMG Necron battle! (took a day to notice...)

Last edited by Went; January 11th, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM
demonmike
Missing-Nin

Hmm, just thought I'd check about this.

Okay, the new music thats been put into Shiny Gold, for some reason, the Maho town and Carlos common theme are very low in quality and have crackles.

I just thought I'd check whether this is a problem on my end, or its actually something to do with the game.
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Hmm, just thought I'd check about this.

Okay, the new music thats been put into Shiny Gold, for some reason, the Maho town and Carlos common theme are very low in quality and have crackles.

I just thought I'd check whether this is a problem on my end, or its actually something to do with the game.
Change your sound - did you try that? (on the Emulator only!)
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
demonmike
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Change your sound - did you try that? (on the Emulator only!)
Im playing through a cartridge in my DS, so its impossible to change, I may try mono and see what happens. (Presuming mono is in the advance titles)

Edit: Just beat Carlos outside Ice Cave in Shiny Gold X, jeez Zel, tough much? =\ Better train some more

Last edited by demonmike; January 10th, 2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old January 10th, 2008, 07:22 PM
someonewhobelieves
Beginning Trainer

I thought I'd add to your known evolution chain:
And I found something strange, I dont know if anyone else did so I'm leaving it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed at Level 31
Golbat evolves into Crobat at Level 31

Anyone know where to find a Pikachu?
If you talk to the upper left tile on your house (from behind) there is a weird message about Pikachu.
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Krobelus
RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonewhobelieves View Post
I thought I'd add to your known evolution chain:
And I found something strange, I dont know if anyone else did so I'm leaving it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed at Level 31
Golbat evolves into Crobat at Level 31

Anyone know where to find a Pikachu?
If you talk to the upper left tile on your house (from behind) there is a weird message about Pikachu.
Okay, I'll answer in spoilers =P

Spoiler:

They are supposed to evolve like that, (I think...).
Pikachu, I believe, is behind your house (For some reason), and when you talk to it, it joins your party.

YouTube Channel
Pokemon Pearl FC:
4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
1765-0509-2291

Old January 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
someonewhobelieves
Beginning Trainer

I knew those evolutions were correct. It was the rest that confused me. My problem was that my party was full. I feel like a fool.
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:17 PM
darkvoider
Director of Voider BP

This is good zel ive played ever since beta 2 and ive been waiting for the complete version just take your time man. Im so looking forward to the full version

Old January 11th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Adammac
Linux user

I have a problem. I can't find the book with secret code in trick house (whirlpool maze). Can you help me?
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝♥╚╝
Old January 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Gendo Ikari
Highest form of Competence

Nice hack you've got going on here Zel, pretty awesome remake, as well.

Evil Twin/Partner in crime: ‎V.Valentine
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Kronos1000
Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys

Quote:
Hey Zel i found a glitch
there the glitch
I can ensure you, Zel that this bug is real I have experienced it to, though it's not in the house where people pray, but in this one:

Now some screenies of the event:

Before the battle:

He has a lv 75 HITMONLEE with very wierd moves and a lv 73 STEELIX

After the battle:

Last screen before the game crashes:

Thes images are not edited I can ensure this is real!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here