• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Mr. Sanders

AaMayL Supporter for life!
Years
Hi Zel, I bought your SHINYGOLD Game in 2007 on a GBA game pack, some chinese person had burnt it on and was selling it for $20 (Giving No credit to you I might add) Anyway, the game was unfinished on the pack so I could never complete it. WAAAAA! So, I was wondering, could you post a link to download it as a .gba file? PLEASE? PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Sanders

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Mr. Sanders, Zel HATES people who make pirated versions of the game, and I think he doesn't like it when people post about the bought version in the thread. And posting the .gba file is against the forum rules.

*Gets back to reason why he posted here*

Zel, beta 5 was awesome! I didn't like that the title screen stopped being animated though. Was that on purpose?

Anyways, keep it up and good luck!

Mr. Sanders

AaMayL Supporter for life!
Years
Sorry, didn't know about the restrictions on .gba files. woops. That explains why I could never find one here! And I know that Zel hates people who do pirated versions of games. (I saw the Say no to pirates thing at the start of the game) But when I bought it I didn't know it was a pirate, I only found out after some research... O.k can somebody tell me how to play the beta files I can't work it out!

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Sanders

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Zel, I'm just curious. When I run away from a wild pokemon, the textbox shows 2 things:

1. Got away safely (When TOTODILE is in slot 1)
2. SENTRET (Pokemon in slot 1 of my team)
I'll upload a screen when I have the time.

Does anyone else have this bug?

...???

lol It's a bit confusing the way you say it. So, I hope you manage to post a screenshot or something, because I didn't understand.

He's saying when totodile is in slot 1 the game says the normal thing when you run away, but when there's a different pokemon in slot 1 it says something else

Years
Zel, when are you going to give all of the trainers in the game proper names. For example the first trainer you encounter on Route 30 doesn't have a real name.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Zel, when are you going to give all of the trainers in the game proper names. For example the first trainer you encounter on Route 30 doesn't have a real name.

that's normal he made them "wierd names" because they are REMATCH trainers and the ones with exclemation marks at the end are so he can tell the firered ones from the shnygold ones i think

Years
Zel, I'm just curious. When I run away from a wild pokemon, the textbox shows 2 things:

1. Got away savely (When TOTODILE is in slot 1)
2. SENTRET (Pokemon in slot 1 of my team)
I'll upload a screen when I have the time.

Does anyone else have this bug?

Is it just happening to Sentret, or every Pokemon besides Totodile? I'm going to make a guess at this - it may have to do with the fact that Sentret can have the "Run Away" ability. When a Pokemon with this ability runs from battle, a different message than usual comes up:

Normal Escape Scene:
Route29Pokemon.png

Using Run Away:
Route29Pokemon2.png

Maybe something in the game is causing the rest of Sentret's escape message (everything after its name) to be cut off. I caught a Sentret to test this out, and the bug didn't happen to me, so I can't say for sure what's happening.

Years
Originally Posted by BassFace
Is it just happening to Sentret, or every Pokemon besides Totodile? I'm going to make a guess at this - it may have to do with the fact that Sentret can have the "Run Away" ability. When a Pokemon with this ability runs from battle, a different message than usual comes up:

Normal Escape Scene:

Using Run Away:

Maybe something in the game is causing the rest of Sentret's escape message (everything after its name) to be cut off. I caught a Sentret to test this out, and the bug didn't happen to me, so I can't say for sure what's happening.

umm thats cause Sentrets ability is Run Away. With Run Away sentret can run away from any pokemon and it comes up "Sentet fled using run away".

This is all okay and normal to firered, nothing to do shiny gold

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
umm thats cause Sentrets ability is Run Away. With Run Away sentret can run away from any pokemon and it comes up "Sentet fled using run away".

This is all okay and normal to firered, nothing to do shiny gold

Not to mention Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green... Probably Diamond and Pearl too.

The usual running method without the ability "run away" may cause a "cannot escape!" message (especially with higher speed pokes). However, in theory, a newly hatched Eevee (always born with 'Run Away') can run from a level 100 speed deoxys.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
hey zel just a suggestion. Many Youtube users do well for their GSC remixes..Ask them for help?Maybe?

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Hey zel, long time bud. Shiny Gold is getting better and better man. Love what you've done, this is one heck of a hack. Wish I had more to say or ask, but what haven't already been said in your thread right?

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Why would you need to run away from something? Just go right though it and kill it...lol. Any Ideas on the legends we will see in the next beta?

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
I have got around to playing this hack on my psp.

I have probably said this before, but the only issues I have with this hack is the mapping issues on towns and routes and the changing of the dungeons. Apart from that it is okay.

Maybe when the hack is complete, I can fix up some maps, what do you say zel.

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
First off please post it in the help secction and second go to the bottem cut tree talk to it a few times and koga will help you.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
lol, Team Rocket stole my Pokemon. How do I get them back?

This question gets asked a lot, check some of the older posts.
Or ask it in the thread in the scapbox.

I think this is what you do though (i forgot, but i remember the other posts)
Spoiler:

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Wow, It took just one Ultra Ball to get Celebi. and it took 45 to get HO-OH plus a timer ball after 60 turns and a luxury ball. Oh and there is a thing with the Koga rematch in Fuschia. He doesnt face you when you talk to him.
pokemonfireredgba01fa4.png

Back