The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 24th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Miss Raichu
Trainer

Disclaimer
The Pokemon Company own all Pokemon characters and ideas.
Miss Raichu is the owner of all non-nintendo made art, story lines and original characters. All other characters are owned by their creator. No one may use any pictures, story concepts or character concepts under any circumstances!
If you do not agree to these terms then leave now.
Thank you.

PokèCorrupt Discussion and OOC Thread

Announcement
2.5.2008 - I've added a brief review of the story so far, and information relating to PokeBalls/Pokemon Storage and your Pokedex. Please look it over when you have a chance.
2.5.2008 - ATTN ALL POTENTIAL SUPPORTING CHARACTERS: I have changed the way you sign up to become a supporting character. Please check the Supporting Character part of the first post for further information. Thanks!
2.3.2008 - If anyone is interested in making sense of my confusing ranting, I added a section in the plot about how gyms and the World Tournament runs. You guys really don't have to worry about it, it will be explained better when it finally takes place.
2.2.2008 - Someone asked me about what kind of attacks a Pokemon can learn, so I added my official say on the matter to the Pokemon expectations.
2.1.2008 - I've added some notes on two subjects. Romance and activity. I expect everyone to read them over. Thank you.
1.28.2008 - I expect everyone to at the very least have made their first post by tomorrow. Not trying to be mean, but I want to keep this RP active. Thanks guys!

1.27.2008 - I put up a very lame banner. But you can see the original sprite art I based my pixel art off of for the Characters. Enjoy!
1.26.2008 - Our role play has officially begun! Congratulations to all those who where accepted as main characters.
1.26.2008 - I've updated the link to the map. I did not realize it was such terrible quality. Sorry everyone, if you're still confused about the location I suggest you look it over.
1.26.2008 - All but one main character slot has been filled. We just need Someone to be Sarah and then we can begin.

The Back Story

PokeCare is the leading(only) Pokemon Trainer Registration Company. They own all of Trovita Island, which has been recently transformed into a massive compound.
Young kids over the age of 13 are welcome to register with PokeCare. All the potential trainers must take a Written test and then a Field test. With the successful completion of both they are given a choice of starting Pokemon, and a License. The License is stored on their own personal Pokedex (They look like Nintendo DS ~ so cute!) All registered trainers are allowed to carry six Pokemon on them at a time, the rest are transfered back to the PokeCare compound and can be retrieved at any time by using a trainers Pokedex. All Pokemon related services are offered to registered trainers completely free of charge on the condition they wear the PokeCare logo. Supplies however still must be paid for.

PokeCenters no longer exist. They are now PokeCare Centers, which are owned and ran by PokeCare employees. They provide free beds and meals for any registered trainer. As well has a free Pokemon health care service.

The manufacturing and retail of all Pokemon accessories (Pokeballs, Potions, Pokefood, etc) is controlled by PokeCare.

All previous Gym leaders and Pokemon leagues have been disbanded and have been replaced with PokeCare Gyms and the PokeCare World Tournament.
Much like the Pokemon League, the PokeCare World Tournament is a event that trainers everywhere aspire to be in. Collecting 8 badges from official PokeCare Gyms will give you the minimum requirements to qualify for the World Tournament.
The winner of the World Tournament will live forever in memory as their name and Pokemon will be entered into the Hall of Fame.
Pokemon Contests also are now run by PokeCare.

(Here is a massive map of the Pokemon world. Our adveture begins on
Madarin Island South, and the home of the PokeCare compound is off the west coast of the island. Just so everyone is clear ;3)

As for our young trainers, they have all just received their starting Pokemon and Poketch, they are waiting on a small motor boat owned by PokeCare at the docks of Madarin Island South, the home of all five trainers. They are waiting for the boat to take them out to Kanto, to start their own adventure.

And this is how the story begins.
The Story So Far...
Spoiler:
POINT FORM FTW
-Kassandra arrives on the boat.
-Derek arrives on the boat.
-Erin arrives on the boat.
-Sarah arrives on the boat.
-Nathaniel arrives on the boat. Late D:<
-The trainers receive their backpacks, which include their PokeWatch's and starter Pokemon.
-Kassandra's starter is reviled as a male Pikachu.
-Derek's starter is reviled as a female Charmander.
-Erin's
starter is reviled as a female Nidoran.
-Sarah's
starter is reviled as a male Teddiursa.
-Nathaniel's starter is reviled as a male Squirtle.
-Kassandra over-hears the sailor arguing with someone, moments later the sailor is murdered.
-The un-piloted ship veers towards an island coast.
- Kassandra jumps from the ship.
- Erin jumps from the ship.
- Derek jumps from the ship.
- Nathaniel and Sarah jump from the ship together.
- Kassandra falls through the beach, into a cavern below.
- Nathaniel and Sarah forgot to grab their bags from the ship before jumping, now there bags are somewhere near the ship wreck.
- Nathaniel finds a purple colored bag, which belongs to none of the current trainers.
- Derek falls into the hole in the ground while trying to help Kassandra.
- Kassandra finds a injured unidentified Pokemon in the cave. It's to dark for her to say for sure, but she believes it to be a Paras.
- Derek uses Charmander's tail to light up the cave and find a small exit path which is covered with lose rocks.
- Kassandra and Derek find an exit from the cave.
- Kassandra unveils the Pokemon she found, and finds out it's a Kabuto.

In-detail Plot Information

\/ Read more about the details of the way the World Tournament and Pokemon Gyms are organized \/
Spoiler:
Warning: The following is very badly written by me D: It might be hard to understand, but don't worry! No one is asking you to understand!
Pokemon Gyms are placed all through out the world. Hundreds of different types of Pokemon Gyms exist. Each Pokemon Gym varies from every other Pokemon Gym in two main ways; the strength of the Pokemon and the type of Pokemon specialized in. Each Gym will one Gym Leaders and the chance of multiple apprentices. It is the trainer applying for Gym Leader status that must take care of acquiring the building or location the Gym is in. So Gym's also physically vary. The only requirement is for there to be a standard size arena. All PokeCare standardized area's must be 15x30 feet.

After a trainer meets this requirement they can apply to get a Gym license. If the application is approved the gym leaders will take two tests. A written test, which is by the way far harder then the trainer license test xP. And a field test, which is just as hard as the written test. If the applicant passes both tests their trainer license is upgraded to Gym Leader status. They now have the right to issue a 'badge' to any trainers with in their skill level to defeat them. Meaning that if a trainer with a very experienced team tries to get an easy win off a weaker gym, they will not be awarded a badge. Physical badges where phased out with the take over of PokeCare. All 'badges' are now transfered to a trainers PokeDex via the Gym Leaders PokeDex and are stored electronically on the trainers PokeDex.

Once a trainer collects a minimum of eight badges the trainer may enter a World Tournament. However a trainer can only use one set of eight badges to enter one World Tournament one time. If they desire to enter another World Tournament they must collect another set of eight badges.

The World Tournament is always held in the Indigo plateau, and it's held every six months. The entire Tournament typically lasts a week Only thirty-two trainers may register for a Tournament, everyone who is left out must register for the next tournament. Each trainer is assigned a number between one and thirty-two, in order of how they registered. The first person to register gets the number one, the last gets number thirty-two. Every two hours a match is held between the times of 8am to 10pm, the next trainers to battle are picked at the beginning of the previous match, the first trainers are picked at 6am that morning and the last trainers are picked at 8pm(having the final match of the night at 10pm) Besides the tournament battles there are many activities that take place during the World Tournament. Three large hotels surround the plateau, and there is a massive convention center built next to the even more massive stadium in which the World Tournament takes place. During the off hours of the World Tournament battles, spectators would flood either the hotel resorts or the convention center to attend events like parties, get together, sales floors, trading centers, information seminars, etc.

In all battles up until the Finals, trainers can choose 3 of their 6 Pokemon to battle. The three must be choose ahead of the battle.

In order to choose which trainers battle, a giant lottery ball raffle machine(which is on display in the main hall of the stadium ) contains the numbers one to thirty-two. Two hours before each battle they draw two balls. Those balls are removed from the lottery machine and the trainers who's names correspond with those numbers are the lucky ones to get to participate in the upcoming match. Moments before their match begins they choose the next trainers to battle in two hours.

Each trainer has two chances. No trainer may face an opposing trainer twice, unless there are no other available trainers. If two trainers that have already battled are drawn from the lotto, they re-draw. If they loss two rounds they're out. In each Round every trainer is given the chance to battle, so that first Round always takes 16 battles, and always takes two days. After every trainer has had a chance to battle they move to the next round. The next round will always have 16 battles and always take two day. After round two however, it is unpredictable. All those with a current score of two losses are removed from the tournament and their lotto balls removed. With the start of round three the remaining trainers are paired up and battle it out, just like before. The slow elimination process can take up to a week. In the Semi-Finals the last four trainers battle each other. The Semi-Finals battles are always held at noon, the last four trainers are randomly assigned the numbers one through four. Trainer one and two battle first, followed immediately by trainers three and four. The next day at noon exactly trainers one and four battle, followed by trainers two and three.

Typically by the end of the second day two trainers would be eliminated, if not then a third day of the Semi-Finals will begin and one of the two things will happen:
If all four trainers are tied they will enter a four-way-free-for-all. The final two trainers standing will go on to the finals.
If only one trainer was eliminated then the two tied trainers would battle, the winner would go on to the finals.

The finals are held the following day in at noon. The two final trainers have a a six on six Pokemon battle, the winner of the battle at this point is entered into the Hall of Fame and crowned the victor. However one final battle will proceed after this. At midnight, on the night of the finals, the victor trainer from this year will battle the veteran Pokemon World Champion in a six on six battle. If the new winner beats the veteran he is given the place of World Champion, and must attempt to battle the next winner in six months. If the veteran World Champion wins, he keeps his title of World Champion until the next victor challenges him in the next Tournament. Quickly following the final battle is the closing ceremonies, which is a massive party to celebrate Pokemon

\/ Read more about the details of the way the PokeBalls, Pokemon Storage and the Pokedex works. \/

Spoiler:
Warning: I don't claim to understand the way the anime/movies/manga or game portray Pokeballs, Pokemon Storage or the Pokedex. I am only claiming to understand how PokeCare's stuff works. It could be the same and it could be completely different. This is just my version of how it works in this Roleplay.
PokeBalls

The PokeCare PokeBall system is very simple. A PokeBall is essentially a teleporter. The red beam that materializes around your Pokemon is the teleportation beam, it engulfs the Pokemon and instantly teleports them to a holding facility. If the Pokemon you return is in your party, then they will be kept in a state of suspended animation until you call them out again. If a Pokemon is sent into storage when it is teleported to the containment center it will be free to roam around in a simulated environment. When you attempt to capture a Pokemon for the first time or return an angered Pokemon it may fail because to much struggling will cause the teleportation to be unsuccessful. The moment a new Pokemon is teleported to the containment center they are given an ID that is matched to your trainer ID and to that Pokemons DNA. This information is instantly registered to the trainers Pokedex and will always prove that this Pokemon belongs to you. Already registered Pokemon can not be teleported by anything other then there registered PokeBall. If a Pokeball somehow breaks you must take your Pokemon to the nearest PokeCare service center and have it re-assigned.

Pokemon Storage
PC's have been phased out with the take over of PokeCare. Now all Pokemon trading and storage are done Via a trainers PokeDex. When a Pokemon that is not in the trainers main party is sent to storage, the Pokemon is released into a massive simulated environment, free to interact with other Pokemon and it's habitat. All Pokemon are stored in the massive PokeCare facility located on the entirety of Trovita Island. On which there are hundreds of different rooms with real landscapes and foliage in which the Pokemon will be most comfortable in. All rooms are 100% safe and monitored 24/7.

PokeDex
Upon successful registration a trainer is provided with a PokeDex.
First and for most the Pokedex is a digital encyclopedia with all known information about all known Pokemon categorized into it. Simply pointing the PokeDex at a Pokemon is enough for it to scan the Pokemon and find it's entry.
This PokeDex is also the trainers ID, and will be used constantly in their everyday activities. Each trainer that is registered is given an eight digit ID number, this is a unique number that is associated with the trainers DNA and can always be used to prove who that trainer is. Besides identification the PokeDex has a wide range of useful features, such as access to the storage system. When a trainer captures more then their allowed party Pokemon limit the excess Pokemon are sent to Storage(explained above) In order to exchange the party Pokemon with the Storage Pokemon, all a trainer has to do is activate the Storage function on his/her Pokedex and select which Pokemon he/she wants to trade. Once they've selected which Pokemon they want to trade, they place the party Pokemon's PokeBall that they are replacing on the bottom screen of the Pokedex. The PokeDex will quickly scan it then teleport the Pokeball back to storage and replace the Pokeball with that of the switched Pokemon.
Another important function of the PokeDex is the credit tally. PokeCare sponsors all of it's registered trainers and rewards Pokemon related activities with credits. These credits are redeemable at all PokeCare facilities and are used as a PokeCare currency. Credits can be traded in for vital supplies and other things a trainer may need.

My Expectations (Please Read)
I really hope I don't come off as an elitist, but I'd really love if this Roleplay ran smoothly. So here is a short list of my Expectations for you; the player.

Pokemon
As far as the Pokemon the characters own and capture, that's going to be for the most part up to you. I do have a few rules.
1. No, you're not going to catch every legendary Pokemon. I'm more or less going to try and run this roleplay by the anime's standards. By the end I hope everyone gets ONE legendary. But that's not for a LONG time.
2. You're Pokemon are NOT super powerful all the time. Losing can be just as fun as winning. You don't need to have the strongest Pokemon of all time. That's just lame.
3. You can't catch every Pokemon, everywhere. You're not going to see a Ponyta on the peak of a ice-capped mountain. Let's use some common sense.
4. You can't change your starting Pokemon. Sorry, they fit into a story line. But you can give them a nickname!
5. We are going by the Anime's standards, so that means that Pokemon don't have levels and they don't have to have a nature picked out from a list, they can behave however they want to.
6. As your Pokemon grow they will learn new attacks. Obviously Kassandra's Pikachu is not going to know Thunder right off the from the beginning. It will take a very long time for her Pokemon to master that skill. No you don't have to only use four attacks. Anything your Pokemon learns over their lifetime they can use again (in most cases) but lets be fair about how fast they learn and what attacks they learn. This does not have to go exact to the game. But a Pikachu can't use Hydro pump, but it may be able to use bite, which wouldn't be a typical Pikachu attack. Let's just try to use our best sense in this and we should be fine.
7. Most Pokemon wont evolve after one battle. I know you want to have the best Pokemon, but they take along time to train. I hate to keep beating this dead horse but really this is the best way to make this roleplay decent; please use common sense.
8. Someone asked me about what kind of moves your Pokemon learn, so here is the final say on this.
Lets say you have a Glaceon (Just using it as an example only because there is a tab with it's Serebii Pokedex entry already open on my computer)
And it's around level 45.
Through out it's life it would have learned the following moves, Tackle, Tail whip, helping hand, sand-attack, icy wind, quick attack, bite, ice shard and ice fang. It can use all moves it's ever naturally learned, going by the rough outline the game gives us.
Now this is the fun part; you get to decide what compatible TM/HM moves it learns. You have to be reasonable with this, don't make it learn every move. It wont be fun that way. Just keep it fair!
9. I've thought about what Pokemon everyone should catch next, how ever this is not written in stone and is more of an idea. However I'd love if Nathaniel would still catch his. I think it would make a very good addition to his character.
Kassandra: Sandshrew
Erin: Pidgy
Sarah: Oddish
Derek: Magikarp
Nathaniel:
Cubone Characters
1. If you're using one of the main characters, please try and stick to the basic personality traits they have. Sarah being a girly girl, probably wont be too thrilled to capture her own caterpie. You certainly have freedom to do what you want with the character, but lets try to keep them to the basic character outline please.
2. Your character will not always win. Your character will not always have pockets full of money. Your character is not god. Please understand this.
3. Try to not always put yourself in the center of the story line, try to take turns.

General
1. Please be semi-literate. I don't want to read twenty paragraphs about how your characters hair blows in the wind, nor do I want to read
"Go charmander" *charmander attacks* *he hits* Lets keep it to a decent middle.
2. I'm not really that strict about things. I have a very, very, VERY loose storyline I want to follow. But besides that it's all up to you guys!

Romance
At this current point in the role play, the main characters are thirteen years old! Now I understand that kids nowadays grow up twice as fast as when I grew up, but lets be reasonable. The main characters lived in an easy, laid back, island lifestyle. Thirteen year olds in that environment would never be thinking about getting a boyfriend or having sex, or anything like thirteen year olds in real life think about. They'd be thinking about having fun and training Pokemon. So I really hope that not all of you hook up with each other in the first tens posts, It would just be disappointing.

Activity
I'm not asking a lot, just that you keep up with the amount of posts I make. That's it. Now I understand that life and school and writers block and whatever else gets in the way, I really do. But that's no excuse to never post. If you don't post then you're just slowing down the story for everyone else who wants to post. And that's really unfair. If you as main character don't believe you can keep up to my posting standards, I'd like it if you'd step down as a main character. So that I may get someone who will be active to do it.

The Main Characters

(If you're applying to be one of the pre-made characters, please fill out all of the blanks and leave everything that was already filled in alone ;3 I know it's tough to play someone else's character, but I think it's a pretty dynamic group, and should be left that way! Oh and as far as what we need to know about your Pokemon, well all I really care about putting up here is their species, gender and nickname. )

Kassandra

Played by:
Miss Raichu
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Smart, determined, bitter
PokeCare written exam score: 100%
PokeCare field exam score:
75%
Birth Place: Madrian Island South
History:
Kassandra lived with her father on Madrian Island South for most of her life. Her father was a scientist and worked for PokeCare when it was just a very small research company. When Kassandra was 10 she was sent to a Pokemon Boarding school, where she was taught all about Pokemon and how to prepare herself for when she went out on her own journey. She graduated top of her class on her 13th Birthday. The next day she proudly went to take her license test, and passed it with flying colors thanks to the knowledge she had learned in Boarding school.
Main goal in life: Become a certified Pokemon Breeder.
Starting Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color:
Orange
Trainer ID:
83787348:03

Nathaneil

Played by: Oni Raichu
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Courages, strong leader, energetic
PokeCare written exam score:
84%
87%
Birth Place:
Madrian Island South
History:
Nathaniel was born into poverty on the surburbs of Manderine Island. He didn't have much as a child, was constantly underfed by his family that consisted of his mom, dad and sister. He was smart though, he knew that if he went to the police, he could easily get himself into an orphanage. He didn't, because he felt that if he did so, he would be giving up on himself. Nathaniel always knew he could become something more than he was, and he was determined to prove it, if not to the world, then to himself. He stayed with his family until he found PokeCare
Main goal in life:
To be noticed and to be trusted.
Starting Pokemon
Squirtle
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color:
White
Trainer ID: 83787348:04

Erin

Played by: Star Girl
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Tough, ambitious, tomboy
PokeCare written exam score: 75%
90%
Birth Place:
Madrian Island South
History:
She grew up hanging out with the boys mostly much to her mother's displeasure. Her father usually works long hour leaving her Mom to take care of her mostly. Her mother who was always the type for what is considered to be the more womanly type of activities never truly approved of her daughter's tomboyish personality. This led to many conflicts and arguments between the two especially as Erin got older none of which were helped by the lack of her father's presence. It wasn't until Erin passed the qualification exam to become a trainer her mother finally excepted it and has been helping her prepare for her journey.
Main goal in life:
To compete and win in the World Tournament.
Starting Pokemon
Nidoran
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color:
Red
Trainer ID: 83787348:02

Derek

Played by: Orange
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Showoff, egotistical, headstrong
PokeCare written exam score: 78%
PokeCare field exam score: 84%

Birth Place:
Madrian Island South
History:
Derek was born to a lower middle class family, living in a slummy section of Madrian Island. Being declared "poor" by his peers, Derek became a little headstrong, and a bit of a showoff. His father was a clerk at a PokeCare Mart, and so, Derek got to see trainers and there pokemon every once in a while. Derek loved it when he was allowed to pet them, and went to work with his father a lot. One day, a PokeCare official came into the store to check up, and when he saw Derek he told him about registering with PokeCare to become a trainer. After some thinking time, Derek signed up, hoping to become a trainer.
Main goal in life:
To have friends who like him for him.
Starting Pokemon
Charmander
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color:
Green
Trainer ID: 83787348:01

Sarah

Played by: Trainer Kat
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Preppy, Naive, Ditzy
PokeCare written exam score: 74%

89%
Birth Place:
Madrian Island South
History:
Her mom died when Sarah was only 5. Eventually, her father remarried. Initially, Sarah was not too keen on having a new mom, so she rejected her stepmom. Being the type of person who always had to be loved, her stepmom tried to buy Sarah's affection. It worked, and Sarah was spoiled rotten. As a result, she's kind of a slacker when it comes to learning, and she isn't inherently smart. In fact, she is rather gullible.
Main goal in life:
Sarah's main goal is to own the most visually appealing Pokemon. She doesn't care as much about winning battles as she does about catching Pokemon. Honestly, she would prefer to win contests, though Pokemon battles are her second love. She wants to prove that Pokemon don't have to be ugly and brutish to be tough.
Starting Pokemon
Teddiursa
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color:
Hot pink
Trainer ID: 83787348: 05

Supporting Characters

Everyone is welcome to play as many supporting characters as they'd like. Just keep the following things in mind.
- Supporting characters are NOT main characters, and will be left behind by the group eventually
- Playing more then one supporting character at a time is pretty hard, but you're welcome to do it if you feel comfortable enough.
- I'm always looking for people to be the following: Gym leaders, random trainers, contest leaders, Gym leaders assistances, contest rivals, ordinary people, PokeCare representatives(this includes store keepers, scientists, PokeCenter workers, etc), the sky is really the limit on this one.

Phanima said this the best:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanima View Post
I think it's when Raichu and the group get to certain points and their characters have to go against/team up with some randoms to continue the story or something, like a side story or a small detour like the ones in the actual show. We're like those trainers who come out of nowhere but only when its near the group or has something to do with them going wherever they need to go.

Oh oh, we're like those guys who verse them in those tournaments where we're only in like an episode or something. Something along the lines of that I think.
To sign up please fill out the forum and post it in this thread. If you've already applied with the old forum you do in fact need to re-apply.

Username:
I'd love to play:
I'd be okay playing:
I'd hate to play:
RP Sample:

\/ To avoid mistakes I've provided an example of what you need to fill out. \/
Spoiler:
Username: Miss Raichu
I'd love to play: Random trainers, PokeCenter workers
I'd be okay playing: PokeMart workers
I'd hate to play: Gym Leaders
RP Sample: I'm not going to be acutally writing up a sample, but I need you to if you apply. At least four paragraphs that prove your capable of keeping up with the standard Roleplay literacy level presented in PokeCorrupt.
If you are accepted to be part of the supporting character cast, I will add you to a list in the main post. When myself or any of the other main characters need a supporting character, they will select you from the list and PM you. If you apply you are expected to reply promptly. But don't worry, I'll be sure to give you lots of heads up before you are acutally needed.

Last edited by Miss Raichu; February 5th, 2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

PokeCare written exam score: 84% (It feels right, don't ask me why).
PokeCare field exam score: 87%
Birth Place: Madarin Island South
History: Nathaniel was born into poverty on the surburbs of Manderine Island. He didn't have much as a child, was constantly underfed by his family that consisted of his mom, dad and sister. He was smart though, he knew that if he went to the police, he could easily get himself into an orphanage. He didn't, because he felt that if he did so, he would be giving up on himself. Nathaniel always knew he could become something more than he was, and he was determined to prove it, if not to the world, then to himself. He stayed with his family until he found PokeCare and departed Goldenrod City without a second glance.
Main goal in life: To be noticed and to be trusted.
Starting Pokemon: Cubone (Apparently).

*Note, it is possible that he has mental problems. Nothing has been proven so far as he never went to the doctor in his life.

Pokedex Color: (White).

After talking with you, I got permission to change the name Joseph to Nathaniel.
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Trainer Kat
→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;

Send a message via AIM to Trainer Kat Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer Kat
Character: Sarah
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Preppy, Naive, Ditzy
PokeCare written exam score: 74%
PokeCare field exam score: 89%
History: Glamorous Sarah grew up in the prosperous city of Goldenrod. Her mom died when Sarah was only 5. Eventually, her father remarried. Initially, Sarah was not too keen on having a new mom, so she rejected her stepmom. Being the type of person who always had to be loved, her stepmom tried to buy Sarah's affection. It worked, and Sarah was spoiled rotten. As a result, she's kind of a slacker when it comes to learning, and she isn't inherently smart. In fact, she is rather gullible.

Main goal in life: Sarah's main goal is to own the most visually appealing Pokemon. She doesn't care as much about winning battles as she does about catching Pokemon. Honestly, she would prefer to win contests, though Pokemon battles are her second love. She wants to prove that Pokemon don't have to be ugly and brutish to be tough.
Starting Pokemon: Teddiursa
Pokedex Color: Hot pink.

I'm slightly stuck-up and aesthetics-obsessed, so it's highly unlikely you'll see me use anything but shiny Pokemon.
Deal with it. :]
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Miss Raichu
Trainer

Everyone has to be born and raised on Madrian Island South, don't worry though that a simple problem to fix on your profiles, I'll take care of that. ;3
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Raichu View Post
Everyone has to be born and raised on Madrian Island South, don't worry though that a simple problem to fix on your profiles, I'll take care of that. ;3
Don't you just love when you get two sign ups and you don't bother telling the people that signed up if they were accepted or not?
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Miss Raichu
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Raichu View Post
Don't you just love when you get two sign ups and you don't bother telling the people that signed up if they were accepted or not?
Uhh... I was just finishing editing the first post. Then I was going to let you guys know.

You're both accepted. :\
Old January 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Sushi.
AWESOME

Nature: Calm
Name: Jake
Played by: none
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Shy, Stresive and Brave.
History: Jake grew up from Rustboro City, his mom died when he was 5 and by then his dad would teach him everything about the Pokemon World, and also teach him how to be brave but by then sometimes when he's brave he can Shy at things, and he can get very stresive at every little thing sometimes, when he gets mad.
Job: none
Pokemon 1 Bulbasaur
Pokemon 2 N/A
Pokemon 3 N/A
Pokemon 4 N/A
Pokemon 5 N/A
Pokemon 6 N/A
Extra Pokemon N/A
Pokemon in Storage N/A

Sorry if I mispell things.
Old January 25th, 2008, 06:42 PM
SilencedShooter
Revenga

Send a message via AIM to SilencedShooter
I wanna be Derek!

Played by: Orange.
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Showoff, egotistical, headstrong
PokeCare written exam score: 78%
PokeCare field exam score: 84%
History: Derek was born to a lower middle class family, living in a slummy section of Madrian Island. Being declared "poor" by his peers, Derek became a little headstrong, and a bit of a showoff. His father was a clerk at a PokeCare Mart, and so, Derek got to see trainers and there pokemon every once in a while. Derek loved it when he was allowed to pet them, and went to work with his father a lot. One day, a PokeCare official came into the store to check up, and when he saw Derek he told him about registering with PokeCare to become a trainer. After some thinking time, Derek signed up, hoping to become a trainer.
Main goal in life: To have friends who like him for him.
Starting Pokemon
Charmander
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color: Green.
Old January 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I don't wanna be one of the main Characters...

Name: Cyro
Played by: none(random trainer)
3 prominent traits: Shy, Responsible, Reckless.
History:Born in Snowpoint City in the far known region Sinnoh, he is very well known for his knowledge about pokemons. At first he disliked pokemons, but as he was studying near a steam he saw a hurt Absol. He had no other choice but to help him. That provoked him to help all pokemons, by becoming a trainer himself and a scientist. A very powerful trainer known for his signature moves. Currently studying Astronomy, he continually searching for a comet. He usually wake up in the dawn, and devote himself finding his dream comet.
Job: none(yet!)
Pokemon 1: Glaceon
Pokemon 2: Milotic
Pokemon 3: Flygon
Pokemon 4: Absol
Pokemon 5: Riolu
Pokemon 6: ?
Extra Pokemon: ?
Pokemon in Storage:?

Hmmmm.... Tell me if there is something wrong.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme

Last edited by ♣Gawain♣; January 29th, 2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old January 26th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Phanima
That servant of the evil one

Nature: Impish
EDITZ!

Supporting Character 1:

Name: Li Meiling
Played By: Phanima
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Foul-mouthed, Confident, Wild
History: Meiling spent the majority of her life in the confines of her strict samurai village where she trained in using swords. Extremely able, both physically and instinctively, her style of sword was too wild and dangerous to be allowed in her small village and she was given a replacement weapon made of bamboo.
Living in such a state, caused Meiling to become extremely impatient and irritated with her clan and village's customs, so when the opportunity arrose for her to escape such confines, she took it, in spite of the forewarned dangers.
Several months after her escapade, Meiling returned to her village with newfound maturity and a healthy yet just as lethal Pokemon by her side. Of course her attitude hadn't changed in the slightest, she was still as rude and arrogant as she had left, but she was now mature enough to be allowed outside of her village...with permission.
Job: In-training Samurai
Pokemon 1: Scyther
Pokemon 2: N/A
Pokemon 3: N/A
Pokemon 4: N/A
Pokemon 5: N/A
Pokemon 6: N/A
Extra Pokemon: N/A
Pokemon In Storage: N/A

Supporting Character 2:

Name: Mizuhara Kaoru
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Energetic, Kind, Oblivious
History: Kaoru, after returning from her school's graduation trip, received her very first Pokemon from her parents as a congratulatory present. After overcoming a rather large hiccup on her school's cruise (graduation trip), her parents decided that she had become mature and experienced enough to start her very own journey, hence her first Pokemon present.
Realising that such a gift was an extremely rare priviledge, as well as an expensive one, Kaoru didn't take it for granted. It was mainly because she knew her parents weren't exactly rolling in the money, so such a gift was something to be treasured and appreciated, which she had no trouble in doing.
Having already spent a year on the road, Kaoru has finally arrived in Kanto after coming from her first regional competition in Johto.
Job: Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon 1: Houndoom
Pokemon 2: Corsola
Pokemon 3: Jumpluff
Pokemon 4: N/A
Pokemon In Storage:

Supporting Character 3:

Name: Kamada Kozue
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Bubbly, Caring, Positive
History: Kozue began his very first Pokemon journey in Kanto like many aspiring trainers after winning a radio contest at the age of fourteen. Despite being of Hoenn descent, he travelled all the way to Kanto to receive his very first Pokemon from the legendary Professor Oak. Now, after a single year on the road, he is currently residing in Vermillion City where he is awaiting the next ship out to Hoenn.
Before becoming a Pokemon Trainer however, Kozue lived a fairly simple life with his surrogate mother and sister. His only contact with Pokemon during this time was with a tamed Mawhile his mother had brought home from work, where it had been subjected to analysis and research experiments. He spent the following year living happily with Mawhile and his family until it was retrieved by his mother's work for further testing.
After losing his first Pokemon friend, Kozue decided to become a Pokemon Trainer and entered a radio competition where if he won, he would receive his own Pokemon, which he did and has now embarked on his very own journey.
Job: Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon 1: Piplup
Pokemon 2: Gulpin
Pokemon 3: ?
Pokemon 4: ?
Pokemon 5: ?
Pokemon 6: ?
Pokemon In Storage: N/A

Yah, so now I have three supporting characters I'll play (if I'm accepted that is) which I'll introduce one at a time over the course of the RP when called upon by Raichu. And I left the majority of Kozue's team unlisted since I'm RP-ing with him in another RP at the moment, so I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who are in both of them. XP

familiar of knowledge. koakuma.
scandalous matriarch love affair and pair. aea illegitimate lovechild. mika loyal steed of comradery. scarlet live-in sisterly familiar. ninetales

Last edited by Phanima; January 31st, 2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old January 26th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Tré
Raised by the bastards of 1969

Nature: Quiet
Name: Tre' (Tray)
Played by: mutsudaime
3 Prominent Personality Traits: determined, wild and impatient
History:Tre' is an Orphan that Did not know what is the purpose of his existence. until he realized that he has the guts to train and battle pokemon and to be a gym leader. tre's family is one of the rich clan in Madrian Island South
her mom died bearing him his dad died when on a plane crash. and nothing do be described
Job:Gym Leader(Random Type)
Pokemon 1: Magneton
Pokemon 2: Dusknoir
Pokemon 3: Mime Jr.
Pokemon 4: Garchomp
Pokemon 5
Pokemon 6
Extra Pokemon: Azelf
Pokemon in Storage: Pikachu, Froslass

Last edited by Tré; January 26th, 2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old January 26th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Idle.
Seriously.

Name: Kai

Played by: Viper

3 Prominent Personality Traits: Happy,Kind,Caring

History: Kai is a very strong person.He was once bulllied at school and abused by his parents but he fought back and now is happy and doesn't care what people say because he is a Gym Leader and only the best of trainers can earn badges from him.

Job: Gym Leader (Ground Type)

Pokemon 1: Rhydon
Pokemon 2: Golem

Pokemon 3: Sandslash
Pokemon 4: Mamoswine

Pokemon in Storage: N/A

(Can I use Groudon or Regirock in my Gym Team?)

Banner by me.

http://pokelounge.site50.net/ [The PokeLounge]

Old January 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Miss Raichu
Trainer

Orange you are accepted, congratulations.

As for everyone that signed up for supporting characters; for the first little bit we will need none of you. :3 The story is going to take a very dramatic and interesting turn, but to avoid ruining the fun for everyone I'm not going to tell you what, All I can tell you is that you will not be needed right away.
But don't worry! There will be plenty of space available later on.
Old January 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Idle.
Seriously.

Name: Mick

Played by: Viper

3 Prominent Personality Traits: Grumpy,Evil,Stupid

History: Mick is Kai's older brother he believes that you must push your Pokemon to the limit.When he was young he was nice and kind but he eventually grew older and eviler.Now he travels the world and has now become another gym leader using his elite team of Pokemon.

Job: Gym Leader (Psychic Type)

Pokemon 1: Alakazam
Pokemon 2: Gallade

Pokemon 3: Hypno
Pokemon 4: Metagross

Pokemon in Storage: N/A

(I'll try rp'ing two chars.)
(Also, are legendaries allowed?)

Banner by me.

Old January 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Miss Raichu
Trainer

No legendaries please. Not yet anyways.
Old January 26th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Idle.
Seriously.

Ok.It will be hard RP'ing both my chars b/c they have opposite personalities.

Banner by me.

Old January 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Star Girl
Dragon Obsessed

Character: Erin

3 Prominent Personality Traits: Tough, ambitious, tomboy

PokeCare written exam score: 75
PokeCare field exam score: 90

History: She grew up hanging out with the boys mostly much to her mother's displeasure. Her father usually works long hour leaving her Mom to take care of her mostly. Her mother who was always the type for what is considered to be the more womanly type of activities never truly approved of her daughter's tomboyish personality. This led to many conflicts and arguements between the two especially as Erin got older none of which were helped by the lack of her father's presence. It wasn't until Erin passed the qualification exam to become a trainer her mother finally excepted it and has been helping her prepare for her journey.

Main goal in life: To compete and win in the World Tournament.

Starting Pokemon
Nidoran

Pokemon 2
N/A

Pokemon 3
N/A

Pokemon 4
N/A

Pokemon 5
N/A

Pokemon 6
N/A

Extra Pokemon
N/A

Pokemon in Storage
N/A

Pokedex Color: Red

Old January 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Miss Raichu
Trainer

Congratulation's Star Girl, you are accepted. And with that we may now begin our Roleplay. I'll make the first post, then you four can follow.

Just keep in mind some of the Main Characters may not be here at this very moment, so lets not go to fast without them.

It was an extraordinary day. The sky was a pure, deep blue and the sun's ray's where kissing each brilliant blade of grass. The sound of the beautiful ocean currents lapping softly against a sandy beach echoed in the distance. Or maybe their wasn't, maybe this day was just made so excellent by the fact that today is the day that Kassandra gets her very first Pokemon. In fact the ocean wasn't beautiful at all, Kassandra despised the ocean.

But those are just pointless details, that's not what Kassandra's mind was on.

She was a tall girl, and just a tad out of shape, but with a very appealing face. Her long strands of white hair were neatly tied up with dashing, orange, bows in a matching set of pig tales. Metallic orange, box-framed glasses rest on the bridge of her nose. Her eye's where a very deep dark blue, with such serenity trapped inside of them you could get lost in her eyes for hours. However no one ever has truely gazed into her eyes, she would never allow it. She was never good at making friends, she didn't like people. And people didn't like her. Less friends means more free time to read. Sure, sometimes it upset her, but for the most part the solitude suited her just fine.

Today she was making a new friend, her new best friend. Kassandra skipped down a forgotten little backstreet in the town of Rineeas on Mandrian Island South. Clutched tightly in her palm was a bright orange, plastic rectangle. Her newly appointed PokeDex. Earlier that morning she had received it, along with her official Pokemon Trainer license.

Passing her written quiz was simple enough, after all Kassandra graduated head of her class in a Pokemon Boarding school. There was no way she'd fail, or do any less the pass with flying colors on this quiz. But that field exam really trumped her. Controlling such advanced and powerful Pokemon, or any Pokemon for that matter, was something completely foreign to her. She rarely had the chance to see a Pokemon outside of her books, let alone command a high leveled one.

Despite her lack of experience she still passed, and here she was; heading towards 113a Barthon Street to receive her first Pokemon and get a free lift off this lousy rock.

She picked her Pokemon out of a catalogue. It was really weird and an incredibly hard choice, she thought about it for hours, and eventually settled on a decision. Still thinking about it makes her feel strangely uneasy.

The closer Kassandra came to her destination the more worried about where exactly she was going, she got. She had no idea where 113a Barthon street was, but as she walked further towards it she started to feel anxious.

"Oh god... please don't tell me my 'free lift' off this island is a boat. Oh Please." Kassandra's mind raced, glancing up at pole that marked an intersection. It read "113a Barthon Street" and it was a road leading to the docks near the coast line. "Come on now Kassandra, don't worry about it. I'm sure it will be a short trip to the nearest airport." she attempted to reassure herself, but it was no use.

"And you must be Kassandra, welcome!" An old, grinning man stood at the foot of a ladder, leading over to a rather large motor boat off the side of the dock. "You're the first one here, come on take a seat." The man gestured over to a row of plastic lined seats, surround the inside perimeter of the boat.

Last edited by Miss Raichu; January 26th, 2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:28 AM
SilencedShooter
Revenga

Derek woke up to his father's voice. "Come on son, today's the day! Your first step to becoming a trainer!" His father said happily. He scruffled Derek's hair as Derek put his face into the pillows. "Get ready and meet me in the kitchen." His father said happily as he left the room, leaving Derek laying there.

He stretched and sat up in his bed. "I guess today IS the day...." He thought as he stood up. He scratched his stomach and walked over to his closet. "Of course, it was only a matter of time before I became a trainer....like I wouldn't pass!" He said to himself in a very sure tone. Derek grabbed some jeans and a black T shirt and proceeded to get dressed. Once he was dressed he sat down and put on his tennis shoes. He sighed and stood up giving his room one last look, and then turned around, heading for the kitchen.

Derek's father was playing around with a green object laying on the kitchen table. "Dad, what's that?" Derek asked. His father jumped and turned around. "Oh....well Derek, it's your pokedex. It came in the mail yesterday, but I thought I would wait until today to give it to you. Derek smiled and rolled his eyes. "He just wanted to play with it!" Derek thought with a silent laugh. He walked over and his dad handed it to him. Derek put it in his pocket a and they were both quiet for a minute.

"I'm going to miss you." His father finally said. Derek sighed. "I'm gonna miss you too dad, but you know I want to do this." Derek exclaimed. His father smiled. "I know, I'm not trying to stop you....but son, I want you to have a good journey." His father said, as he stood up and walked towards the door. "Well I gotta go to work, and you gotta go start your journey." His father said as he turned the knob. Derek walked up and gave his father a hug. "Bye, dad." He said. "Bye, son." His father said, as the two walked away, going opposite directions.

Derek turned around to give his slummy neighborhood one more look. "Guh...It'll be nice to get away for a little while." He turned back around and continued walking. As he made his way through town, he pulled out a piece of paper with something written on it. "113a Barthon...." He read aloud. He stopped and looked around. "That's only 3 more blocks, I'll be there in no time." He said with a cocky smile.

As he walked, he thought about his starter. "I can't wait to get my first pokemon.....the two of us will do great things." He thought as he imagined the adventures he would have. He then stopped, realizing he was at 113a Barthon. "Looks like a boat ride..." He said as he walked down the road, until he saw an old man near a motorboat. As he got closer he also noticed a girl near the boat. Derek gave a 'sure of himself' look and approached the man and girl.

"Is this the free ride for new trainers?"
Old January 27th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Star Girl
Dragon Obsessed

Erin grinned slightly as she finished packing the last of her things. 'It's finally time,' she thought as she slung her purple backpack over her back and picked up her Red Pokedex that was sitting on the desk. She then made her way downstairs to where her Mom was waiting for her. They stood there for a few moments in silence before her mother said, "Well I guess this is it. Take good care of yourself sweetie and make sure to call home at least once in a while."

"Don't worry Mom I am a tough. I'll do fine," Erin said.

"If you say so just be careful," her Mom said.

"Will do Mom. See you," Erin said waving as she stepped out the door and began to make her way down the street.

Once she reached the end of the street she her backpack in front of her and pulled the slip of paper out that had the address on it and studied it for a second, '113a Barthon huh? That's down by the docks. I guess our transportation out of here is a boat ride. Ah well at least its a free ride.'

As she made her way down to the docks her thoughts turned to what her starter Pokemon might be, 'I hope its a strong Pokemon or at least has the potential to become strong. Because I am going to need a strong team to take on and win the World Tournament. Maybe it will be a Mankey, or a Rhydon. I guess a regular starter would be okay since those always have a lot of potential.'

Her thoughts were interrupted as she reached the instructed dock. Sitting in one of the seats near an older man was a girl about her age and standing nearby was another boy also about her age. The boy had just said asked basically if he was in the right place as she joined the trio at the dock. She took one of the empty seats near the girl and just waited for the reply to the boy's question.

Old January 28th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Trainer Kat
→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;

Send a message via AIM to Trainer Kat Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer Kat
OOC: I hope it's okay to give Sarah a middle and last name. ._. If you don't like it, I'll edit it out.

IC: It was a new day. The sun rose in the distance, forcing its way through the curtains of a hotel suite in Mandarin Island. A small blonde stirred as the rays gently tried to pry open her eyes. She let out a groan and pulled a feather pillow over her face. Once more a disgruntled expression left her lips as her head rest firmly on the mattress beneath her. She wasn't going to win this one.

While Sarah Rose Bennett and her father, James Bennett, resided on Mandarin Island, they had booked a hotel closer to Sarah's destination, simply because she had expressed a disgust for walking so far. Ordinarily, a normal day for Sarah would consist of wearing out the backs of her pushover of a stepmom's credit cards, but today was different. Today, she took one step closer to her destiny--becoming a Pokemon master.

"Sarah Rose, come down here! You're going to be late!" her father bellowed from the kitchen. Sarah emitted a low groan as she pulled herself out of the bed and began to dress. She pulled on her shirt first, a bright pink off-the-shoulder number with a white bullseye on the left side. This was the PokeCare logo. Next was a pink miniskirt, matching the top perfectly. Finally, she slid her legwarmers onto her thin, pale legs.

"Oh! Almost forgot!" she exclaimed, picking up a white handkerchief and tying it around her neck. Her cornflower hair spilled neatly down her shoulders, reaching about an inch or two down her back. She thought for a moment before tying it into two loose braids on either side of her head. Everyone needs to change their hairstyle occasionally. The blonde bounded out the door to be greeted with her father's open arms. She giggled and threw her arms around him in return.

"I'm so proud of you, sweetie," he said as he buried his face into the top of her hair, tears threatening to reveal themselves at any moment.

"I know, daddy." She stood on her toes and kissed his chin. Her dad had known how much she had wanted to become a trainer, and he was going to support her. She had passed her exams, but barely. Still, she knew she would be great once she started actually training Pokemon--you can't test someone's battling skill through written words!

"Oh, by the way, this came for you." Her father pulled out a hot pink Pokedex.

"Oh wow, it's so cute!" She grinned and hugged her dad.

"You better go...you're going to be late..." his voice trailed off sadly. "I'm going to miss you." Sarah felt torn. Never before had she doubted what she wanted to do. On the other hand, she'd never seen her father so sad.

"I know you will." She gave him a small smile. "But you have Sharon. I'll be fine, don't worry." With that, she bid her final farewell before making her way over to 113a Barthon.

"A...boat?" She perked up instantly. So they would be taking a cruise somewhere! Happily, she took a seat on the end, leaving two seats between her and the two girls.

I'm slightly stuck-up and aesthetics-obsessed, so it's highly unlikely you'll see me use anything but shiny Pokemon.
Deal with it. :]
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Miss Raichu
Trainer

((OOC: Oni Raichu is taking to long to post XP I'm far too excited to wait. Nathaneil is now officially late for the boat. He'd better hurry up ;3 ))

The thick salty ocean air stung Kassandra's sensitive eyes as she thought to herself "Why did it have to be a boat...why?" A rickety ladder stretched from the dock to the boat, which was rocking rather violently with each wave crashing against the haul. Kassandra let out an irritated sigh and began to argue it out in her head "You have to do this Kassandra, or you'll never get off this Island. And you'll never be a Pokemon Breeder." After a few moments of awkward silence, she nodded to the old man and stepped onto the boat.

The very moment her feet left the security of the dock she started to feel sick... and scared. "So..." she called over to the old man and tried to reassure herself, "We're just taking this boat to an airport right?"

The gentlemen let out a hardy chuckle and replied "No dear, I'm taking you all the way up to Vermillion City, in Kanto. The boat ride will take about a day or two. There's not much room to sleep, but I'm sure you kids will manage."

"Kids?" Kassandra put a major emphasis on the plural.

"There's a few of you coming, all brand new trainers. Six of you... I think." He replied with a nod. This was the first time Kassandra had acutally looked the man over. He was pretty old, must be in his late sixties. Thinning gray hair on his head and covering his face. Definitely a man of the sea, Kassandra could tell these sorts of things, she liked to stay away from people who were out at sea a lot. But she never really knew why, Kassandra just never felt they were trust worthy. Nothing from the sea was in her opinion. He was wearing a dull gray jumpsuit, with the same symbol sowed into the back of it, that she had on the front of her hoodie. A silhouette of a PokeBall. It was the symbol of PokeCare. After a brief silence the man began to speak, his voice was course and deep, "I have everyone's Pokemon, and their supplies. Once everyone is here I'll hand them out."

Hearing this lifted Kassandra's spirits. She'd forgotten about her new Pokemon. Anyone who scored 95% or higher on their written exam got the luxury of choosing their own starting Pokemon. All the other application had theirs assigned based on some crazy personality matching stuff that Kassandra knew was just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. "At least if I have my new Pokemon with me this boat ride might not be too bad..." Kassandra was still trying to wrap her mind around all this. She hated the ocean and everything about it, and now she's going to take a two day trip through it. Her focus slowly slipped away from the old sailer and rested out into the deep blue abyss that laid before her. It seemed so peaceful and calm, but Kassandra knew the truth. And it scared her.

She was so lost in thought that she didn't even notice the second trainer approach the boat.

"Is this the free ride for new trainers?" A young boy, with messy long hair called out from the dock. Kassandra adjusted herself in the uncomfortable little seat, and looked up at the second trainer.

"I don't want to be with these people." Kassandra's nerves began to get to her. Having the be on the Ocean for two days was bad enough, but she had to do it with people who would no doubt hate her. "I'll just try and stay quiet, hopefully they wont bother me." This was always her best defense. Kassandra would have loved to make friends, but she knew deep inside that this time would be like all the rest, and for some unknown reason these people would dislike her. It's always that way.

The old man nodded, pointed to the boat and spoke in his generic deep voice, "Yes it is. All new trainers this way."

Only moments later another trainer arrived. This one was a girl. She didn't say anything, just took a seat. She must have overheard the boy ask his question.

From the road another girl came running up to the boat. The fourth trainer. Overhearing the old man's reply, she too quickly took a seat.

Now everyone was just waiting on two more people. Or maybe one. The old man didn't sound like he had any idea of how many people were coming. The less the better in Kassandra's opinion.

((I'm just going to bunny Derek into the boat, I really hope you don't mind. If you do, I can change it ;3))

The first trainer who had showed up also took a seat, after reassuring himself that he was indeed in the right place.

"Well, it's already noon, we need to get going soon. We'll give the other kid about 10 minutes." The old man looked over the crowd of vibrant young faces sitting on his boat. Hoping for some response, but getting none he seemed disappointed, but continued with his speech. "There is a pile of life jackets by the door to the drivers area. I expect you all to be wearing one, at all times. No exceptions." The man glanced down at his watch and back up to the street.
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:21 PM
SilencedShooter
Revenga

(No problem! ^_^) (bleh...short post. Sorry.)

Derek kicked back in his seat a little and looked around. The water was a little rough, but it didn't seem like it would be too bad of a trip. He looked up at the old man. "I wonder how much this guy really knows...he seems a little absent minded." Derek thought, as he smirked to himself. He then yawned and gave the other passengers a quick look around.

Derek was the only boy on the boat. He cocked his head a little and laughed under his breath. "So....how's it going ladies? Are you all new trainers too? I'm Derek." He smiled. He didn't know if they were gonna be nice, but he had to say something. Derek isn't exactly one who stays quiet.

As he sat there waiting for anwsers, he heard a splash. He looked in the ocean and saw some water pokemon. "Cool. One day, I'll be able to catch all kinds of pokemon friends." He thought as he stared semi dreamily into the water.
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

Nathaniel Gradex was no ordinary person. For starters, he liked strawberry yogurts... Not that it was a bad thing, but it left most restaurants rather annoyed with him, and today was no exception.

"Eh, bonjour, monsior," a waiter walked up beside him carrying a tray. "Are you, eh, ready to order?"

Nathaniel looked around at his surroundings; it was your normal restaurant, people eating and staff running around like crazy. Hardly anything decorated the walls inside, which Nathaniel though was rather sad, and was the main reason that he decided to sit outside. There was a ship opposite him the restaurant, just docked beside the entrance. The young boy checked his watch. He should've boarded the boat half an hour ago. They'd wait for him, of course, as he was the epic Nathaniel Gradex.

He diverted his attention back to the waiter. "Ah, yes," he said politely. "Sorry for taking so long there, this old bean sometimes gets clogged up." He tapped his head for effect. "Now, for my main course, may I have a Spagetti all Boliganaise? Yes, thank you." Nathaniel watched the man walk away before he impulsively shouted; "And for my starter, may I have a strawberry yogurt?"

The waiter turned around, frowned, and said; "Why, yes. Of course. Quite a, different dish than what we're used to serving, but, yes, I'll see what I can do."

A horn blared, it was the ship. Nathaniel looked up and groaned. "This'll be the third boat I've missed this year, and it's only January!" He exclaimed as he leapt from his table and ran at full speed towards the boat. "This'll be one to tell my kids, when I have them," he said to himself between breaths. "'How did you become a Pokemon Master, daddy?' 'Well, it all began with a strawberry yogurt'."

OoC: Sorry, for not posting earlier.
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Miss Raichu
Trainer

((OOC: I am not letting this RP die! If you guys fail to make a decent amount of posts, like at the very least keep up with me. I'm going to re-cast your character. I'm not trying to be mean, or threaten anyone. I just want to keep this Role play alive. On another note: I've added just my own two cents on a few topics, please check the first post and read over them.))

Acknowledging the sailer's plee for the kids to put on their safety jackets, Kassandra reached over and pulled a vibrant, red life-jacket from the pile and secured it tightly. She was far to absorbed in getting the Life-Jacket on that she didn't notice the final trainer make his way onto the boat. She did however noticed the clanging from the old man pulling the ladder onto the seating area of the motorboat.

"Alright kids, time to get your supplies and your Pokemon." The man said with a false sense of enthusiasm. He pulled a key chain from his pocket and unlocked the tinted windowed door of the boats **** pit, and stepped inside. The tension and anticipation radiating from the kids was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Even Kassandra was excited, all thought she already knew what her Pokemon was, these other kids looked like they had their Pokemon assigned.

The old man walked out of the room holding five crammed full backpacks. Each was a different color, there was a pink one, a green one, a white one, a red one and an orange one. "Now." The old man said, clearing his throat "Each of these backpacks match the color you picked for your Pokedex. So now if you could all just get out your PokeDex I can give you your bag.

Kassandra was the first one to whip out her PokeDex, not a hard feat seeing as it had been her hand the entire time. She held it out, balancing it on the palm of her hand. The old man nodded and placed all but the Orange backpack at his feet. "As I'm sure you're all well aware of, PokeCare takes pride in helping it's registered trainers. So you'll be given everything you need to start your journey. I see you're all wearing your contract clothing, that's wonderful. You'll find a secondary pair of your choice clothing in this bag." The sailer knelled down in the middle of the boat deck, so that all the trainers could see what he was doing. "I'm going to go over the contents of your bag with you, before we set off to sea." He unzipped the front pouch of the backpack, proudly sowed onto the pouch was that oh so familiar symbol of PokeCare. Inside the pouch was two objects, he grabbed one with each hand and hide them deep inside his sweaty fist. "In the front pouch you will find the two most important things you'll be given today." He unfolded his left hand reviling a tiny red and white ball, a Pokeball to be exact. On the top part of the Pokeball was a star. "This is your starting Pokemon. And this..." He released the fist of his other hand, unveiling what looked to be a bulky watch. "Is your PokeCare PokeWatch. This little thing contains hundreds of programs to aid your every day trainer needs. Make sure to keep it on your wrist at all times, I can assure you it will come in handy. I don't have time to go over everything it does, we'd be here all week listening to me talk. All you need to know is that it's a hundred percent water proof and scratch resistant. This big button on the side will activate the application menu, you can choose which program you like from their. There is a small stylist tucked into a groove in the top, use this and only this to touch the screen." He nodded to all the kids, then placed the objects back into the front pouch and zipped it up tightly.

Kassandra was completely overwhelmed. Up until this very point she must of been in shock, she was so happy that this was finally happening. Her own Pokemon is sitting in that front pouch. And in only a few minutes she'd finally meet it face to face.

The sailor placed his hand over the left pouch on the backpack and continued his lecture "In here, you'll find five Pokeballs. If you need more you can purchase them with your credits at any register PokeCare store. Theres not a city in this world that doesn't have at least one."

"Umm... sir?" Kassandra spoke with a soft echo of uncertainty. "What's a credit, and how do we get them?"

"Good question." The man replied. "Your Pokedex keeps track of and registers all information about you and your Pokemon. Including battle records. Every time you battle anyone or anything you'll get credits. They're like virtual trainer money. You can get credits in lots of different ways, but depending on the outcome of the battle, that's typically the best way to get credits. If you all flip open your Pokedex's you should see a little symbol in the top corner, followed by the number five hundred. That's how many credits all trainers get for passing their exams. Next time you want to buy something just give the clerk your Pokedex and he'll deduct the cost of of your transaction from your current credits. Simple?"

Kassandra nodded to the man, and glanced back down at her Pokedex.

"Now in the main pouch here, you'll find clothing in a shrink wrap bag. If you need to get some clothing you just need to release the seal and the bag will expand to about four times its size. Then you can take out your clothing. After your done simply reseal the bag and the pump will shrink it back down to a convent carrying size. I think there is some winter clothing in there, a swimsuit and some underwear. Not much, but it's enough." The sailor paused and looked at his watch. "Okay we need to get going! I think there are a few more things in your bag, like a flashlight or something, but nothing that I need to explain. So come grab the bag that matches the color of your PokeDex and lets set off!" The man grinned and walked into the cockpit of the boat, locking the door behind him. A few moments later the roar of the engine kicked up.

Kassandra reached down from her seat and pulled her bag between her legs. Preparing herself for the long trip through the ocean.

((OOC: Okay I know it's a long dull post, but I just wanted to explain the key elements of some of the cool devices the trainers receive.))
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links