Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokémon 3D

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?
Kanto/Johto 15 46.88%
New region 7 21.88%
Both 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 14th, 2008 (01:38 PM).
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
virtual chariot : What's that supposed to mean?
it was a joke

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

B. READ THE FIRST POST. 95% of the time that will contain your answer

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old January 25th, 2008 (04:57 PM).
Pokémon3D Team

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DJB MASTER
Some extra screenshots of the menu system, day/night - dynamic sky system and real-time reflecting water. I've mainly been messing around with shaders and player movement code. I havent been posting any updates here>> they're all on the pokémon3D forum... Enjoy...

They're not final so dont flame me for rubbish textures or horrible graphics, lol.

Pokémon3D Continues...

Vote for Kanto/Johto or new region HERE!
Old January 25th, 2008 (05:41 PM).
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
MAN THATS AWESOME! This is made in gamemaker right?
Old January 25th, 2008 (05:55 PM).
Pokémon3D Team

Quote originally posted by jonsploder:
MAN THATS AWESOME! This is made in gamemaker right?
Thanks, glad u like it...
This is not being made in game maker because it simply cannot produce such fantastic effects you have seen above. It is being programmed in 3D Game Studio using the C-script coding language.

Old January 25th, 2008 (08:58 PM).
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
h,mmmmmmm, I saw a thread on it in the GMC....? By the way gamemaker CAN do that, although it would be stupid and pointless given the amount of time it would take to achieve it.
Old January 26th, 2008 (06:03 PM).

Nature: Bold
The graphics look nice especially the night one.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Old January 28th, 2008 (10:14 AM).
The Best Around

Nature: Relaxed
Awesome game!!
and i Agree the night time and water graphics are fantastic I can't wait to see when the game is finished

and i'm sorry if this question has been asked already but do you have a website for this game?
Old January 28th, 2008 (10:31 AM).
FireDance Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to [_DarkDragon_]
What are you gonna use for the pokemon models? cards? sprites on a 3d plane? I knew a way to rip the 3D models out of Stadium 2, but that wouldn't give you all the models :\
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old January 28th, 2008 (01:37 PM).
Toxic Halluciation

Nature: Calm
Cool! Can't wait for it to come out!
Old January 31st, 2008 (03:51 PM).
The Best Around

Oooo I have 1 Last Question
Is the game gonna be able to run on Macintosh?
Old January 31st, 2008 (04:53 PM).
Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by Bonzai-Cat:
Oooo I have 1 Last Question
Is the game gonna be able to run on Macintosh?
It's made in C/C++ so I highly doubt it.
Old January 31st, 2008 (05:40 PM).
The Best Around

JESUSF#$@ING ALLAH TOM CRUISE BUDDHA CHRIST!!!
I was looking forward to playing the game too on my macintosh
Old January 31st, 2008 (05:51 PM).
3 Gen Pokemon Master

umm ... you do know that there is something called ... bootcamp ...

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old February 1st, 2008 (04:24 AM).
Ça m'énerve
Crystal Tier

There are ways to play Windows only stuff on Macs...geesh

Most certainly going to die

I'm so tired of reading and writing papers.

This is God's way of punishing me

At least I'm getting married this summer

I'm going to need a job

The hell are you reading these for?

<3
Old February 1st, 2008 (02:30 PM).
Pokémon3D Team

Well it's built upon DirectX so i guess no support for macs, sry. We are using full 3D models hopefully with animation (hardest part), but it shouldn't be too hard to build. The website for the game is really a forum >> check my signature for the link to the pokémon3D forum.

I've been messing with multiplayer and i got a connection established and i am working on sending pokemon cards between 2 pcs so that you can trade online. If that is a success then battling is the next step. The battle system is yet to be started as we are still drafting it and setting up the engine to go into battle, etc.

Old February 1st, 2008 (06:50 PM).
3 Gen Pokemon Master

2 things
1 - for mac users, you might be able to use openGL to get it to work with bootcamp, or just use bootcamp. i don't know, i just know that openGL works with wine on linux, so yeah ... i have experience with windows and linux but not macs
2 - In battles, will you physically control your pokemon like in super smash bros? its one thing thats always annoyed me, in the anime the pokemon actually move and that affects stuff, but when they introduced 3d such as in gale of darkness or collesium they didnt bother to put that in >_<

Old February 1st, 2008 (07:10 PM).
StraightEdge Member

Nature: Bold
Wow looks pretty good. Also fun to play. Are any D/P pokemon featured?

Spoiler:
What's done is done with EGL I do not want it to ever be revived, we want to progress to the future and evolve not go back in time. The times we had were fun and the memories will live on in our hearts to those that contribute. Now it's time for the next big thing to have a longer run than us, and thanks to Venks, speedy 101, shinypoke666, evilcheese, Ito_Igami, Ktn, darkspace, dunlop, Abyay, and Umanouski; the Original 12 in EGL and for making this league quite special. I'd also like to thank Shin although he wasn't an original member his contributions throughout the league were apperciated greatly, and I had a real blast meeting/getting to know a lot of you this was a wonderful expirence/journey and hopefully we can all hang again.
Old February 1st, 2008 (10:31 PM).
Pokémon3D Team

only the first 251 pokemon are featured, sry. As for battling we always liked the idea of being to control your own pokemon and select ur own moves. This was it is more realistic as you can actual do moves such as quick attack, fly (fancy controlling charizard in the air? lol), etc.

It is hard but generally better. If not then we will have to stick to turn based battles. Maybe a vote should be arranged?

Old February 2nd, 2008 (08:08 AM).
The Best Around

Quote originally posted by scienceboy:
umm ... you do know that there is something called ... bootcamp ...
Yeah but boot camp costs a couple hundred to get
it use to be free but now you either need to buy it or get the newest updates on Mac and both of them are expensive
Old February 2nd, 2008 (03:50 PM).
3 Gen Pokemon Master

so go and look for a free alternative ... don't be lazy

yay! controlling pokemon and moves! :)
although the air thing might be a bit difficult though ... still, please do it! yay!!!

Old February 4th, 2008 (08:09 PM).
The Best Around

Yeah Controlling poke'mon is gonna be awesome
although i wonder how they plan to make attacks that lower accuracy effect the game.
I can't wait to control really tiny pokemon and see if i can piss people off by running away constantly

Horray Caterpie seems more fun to be now
Old February 4th, 2008 (08:38 PM).
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Yeah Controlling poke'mon is gonna be awesome
although i wonder how they plan to make attacks that lower accuracy effect the game.
I can't wait to control really tiny pokemon and see if i can piss people off by running away constantly

Horray Caterpie seems more fun to be now
probably by lowering the reaction time of the pokemon to your controls ...
additionally, a caterpie isn't very fast ... and AOE attacks would still hit them. try running away from a surf attack, or an earthquake attack.

Old February 6th, 2008 (06:14 AM).
Epic Quest Creator

djb master it may be good to edit your first post and put the screenie's there it would be better to see if there's an update.
Old February 6th, 2008 (07:34 PM).
The Best Around

Quote originally posted by scienceboy:
probably by lowering the reaction time of the pokemon to your controls ...
additionally, a caterpie isn't very fast ... and AOE attacks would still hit them. try running away from a surf attack, or an earthquake attack.
Hmm yes very true
well either wa i'm really psyched about this game
I can't wait to see how some of the attacks are gonna work into the game like Substitute and i can't wait to use Double Team in the game either!! It should be annoying for a character who dosen't have any AOE attacks to try and pick 1 Pokemon out of a couple of copies
Old February 6th, 2008 (08:14 PM).
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Hmm yes very true
well either wa i'm really psyched about this game
I can't wait to see how some of the attacks are gonna work into the game like Substitute and i can't wait to use Double Team in the game either!! It should be annoying for a character who dosen't have any AOE attacks to try and pick 1 Pokemon out of a couple of copies
you don't necessarily need AOE attacks though to beat double team ... many times in the anime, they've used flamethrower or vine whip and just slammed them through them all one right after another. those definatley aren't AOE attacks and they still beat doubleteam
actually, one thing i'm really interested in seeing is terrain modifiers.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)